Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Human Resources

• Start Topic

It's been a while since I've watched this, and between Deeks' even uglier hair than usual and Kensi's ever more over-plucked eyebrows, it'll be another while.  Then there's Nell's dreadful wig and the worst little girl clothes ever.

• Love 1

OK.  They have seriously lifted their game.  This episode, while in the grand scheme of 11 seasons and 8 episodes of NCIS LA, is only mediocre, however, compared to episodes 1-7 of season 11 and a good deal of season 10, is unbelievably brilliant.  

There was a storyline, it gelled quite well, there was action (albeit in reality just Kensi - are the others all claiming age is against them?), Nell was in the Hetty role and actually back to far earlier seasons and seemingly in control (of her emotions and more), despite that she was dressed like she had no idea how to,  and wardrobe need to do something with her look.

I enjoyed the suspense, was waiting for a bomb to malfunction when they were in the abandoned school - even though Sam is a master bomb-difuser and never gets it wrong - and the only thing missing was shooting the main guy in the shoulder to figure out whether he really was working for t he 5 Bitcoins or if he, indeed, did  support Al Quaeda (yeah, I don't know if I spelled that one right).

• Love 3

"Ooh look there's scratches on the gas cap! That's a sign that a bomb might have been planted in the truck. You know what would be an absolutely fantastic idea? How about we stand around chatting right next to the truck while we wait for the bomb squad to arrive."

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Rambler said:

"Ooh look there's scratches on the gas cap! That's a sign that a bomb might have been planted in the truck. You know what would be an absolutely fantastic idea? How about we stand around chatting right next to the truck while we wait for the bomb squad to arrive."

But ... but ... but ... they had to stand there. How else would Sam see the stuff oozing out. 

😁

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, Rambler said:

Ooh look there's scratches on the gas cap! That's a sign that a bomb might have been planted in the truck.

Actually, the scratches were a sign that someone might have tampered with the gas cap and simply siphoned gas (as Tom said), and since Sam checked the truck for wires and explosives (and Tom evidently checked for a bomb wired to the ignition), there was no evidence that it was anything more than that - plus, how would Sam have seen the bubbles. 😁 I'm not going to call "foul" on this because this was the first decent episode since S10 ep22. And it was the first episode where I saw an entire team I recognized, including Callen (who's been absent for far too long). I liked everything about this episode (I'm not going to comment on wardrobe because that's irrelevant to the story, and I'd rather have bad wardrobe than a bad story).  I especially liked the remarks between Callen and Sam that hint at something going on in Callen's psyche that we know nothing about (and hopefully will find out before the end of the season). Sometimes, to be honest, I feel like Sam: these comments by Callen come out of the blue and I have no idea what's going on in his life or what's going on in his mind. I'd like breadcrumbs before arriving at the final destination, but I'll take what I can get at this point. I'm just super glad to hear Callen sound much more like Callen again - plus tell Sam that he can disarm a bomb (I'm sure they all can) and that he can fly a drone without Beale's help. The scene in the school was top notch because it didn't show them as anything but serious. And the Kensi fight was well done. And then the final comment by Callen was the icing on the cake. It's good to have them all back. Now, I just hope they all hang around for the rest of the season - and that Beale brings back his quirkiness but not his silliness.

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Feels like the producers and writers are getting their groove back. This episode felt much more like *our* show.

Yep, and only 8 episodes in. Just kidding. Glad to see this writer got the gang back together and had some good scenes. Hope they keep the momentum going; the next 3 episodes sound good if the writers don't screw things up. (And "oyster" beer sounds gross.)

• Love 1

The one thing I really don't care for is the Nell character. At least we don't have the Nell-Eric pairing.

Someone in wardrobe must dislike her cuz people who shop in thrift stores look better than she does.

Seriously, who In wardrobe did Renee piss off sooo bad that she’s willing to put up with these horrendous outfits????? She looks like a schoolmarm from the early 1900s!

I mean, in the overall scheme of things I agree with the poster above that I’d rather have good story than good clothes. But why can’t we have both? The show can’t be that strapped for cash that they have to sacrifice common sense on clothes.

• Love 1