Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Tremors

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

SOMETIMES THE PERSON YOU WOULD TAKE A BULLET FOR IS STANDING BEHIND THE TRIGGER — Supergirl finally learns the truth about Lena while tangling with Leviathan. J’onn J’onnz makes a discovery about his brother’s whereabouts.

On 11/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, MarkHB said:

SOMETIMES THE PERSON YOU WOULD TAKE A BULLET FOR IS STANDING BEHIND THE TRIGGER

Okay I first just wanna say that this description intro is hardcore!

Also, damn, Lena taking over the Fortress and doing a little shopping? Also hardcore! Kara was trying so hard (and overcompensating a bit) on making everything seem fine and dandy, and Lena was being wicked passive-aggressive back. I love how they aren’t dragging out the melodrama of “now Lena knows” and “Lena caught red-handed” and instead having Lena be fairly forthcoming and direct with Kara. “I wasn’t the villain, you shouldn’t have treated me like one” was such a sad line, and you know it cut Kara extra deep. 

I have to rewatch a bit, I must have been distracted on the timeline with Brainy and Alex. Weren’t they on their way to meet Kara in the Fortress? Someone’s gotta get her out of the Kryptonite cell! 

• Love 6

Always good to see Mitch Pileggi back on my screen again. And of course he would be playing an alien.

The Kara/Lena confrontation at the Fortress of Solitude was the first time I've felt real energy from any of the cast members, except arguably Jesse Roth, all season. So I'd say this episode was a step up, but still, the overall season feels rather flat. Even with FBI Assistant Director Skinner dressed up in armor and attacking people.

• Love 5

I can't bring myself to care with Lena... I just don't buy it.. This reaction even with her past "betrayal" doesn't warrant this scorched earth.. If the show ever remembers Alex is a bad ass they'd have her beat Lena to a pulp and keep it moving... She kryptonite'd Kara man... And the new wrinkle of blaming Kara for the pain of stopping Lex... Nooope.. That man was a psycho killer and needed to be put down... I swear Lena and Mia from Arrow just need a sit down with someone who's really been betrayed.. Or had to make tough choices or had loved ones die on em... Like Barry or Oliver or Zari... So they can stop being so damn melodramatic 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I can't bring myself to care with Lena... I just don't buy it.. This reaction even with her past "betrayal" doesn't warrant this scorched earth.. If the show ever remembers Alex is a bad ass they'd have her beat Lena to a pulp and keep it moving... She kryptonite'd Kara man... And the new wrinkle of blaming Kara for the pain of stopping Lex... Nooope.. That man was a psycho killer and needed to be put down... I swear Lena and Mia from Arrow just need a sit down with someone who's really been betrayed.. Or had to make tough choices or had loved ones die on em... Like Barry or Oliver or Zari... So they can stop being so damn melodramatic 

If i'm Kara, Lene is nothing but my enemy from now on.

Edited by mommalib
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, mommalib said:

If i'm Kara, Lene is nothing but my enemy form now on.

Yeah.. But I'm sure the show will have Kara be a softy and try to find a good reason to not be mad... That's why I'm hoping for Alex to remember who she used to be and just say Eff that... You played us.. You kidnapped Malefic you stole from us and then you put kryptonite on Kara.... Ur dead

• Love 2

Kelly talking to someone who just woke up after being unconscious from a concussion: "Why didn't you call me?"

Did Rama Kahn die or did he escape? An unceremonious death for someone that has lived for thousands of years.

How did J'onn get into Lena's lab, I thought Lena had the best security in the world. You mean that cage Lena held Malefic wasn't designed to stop a green martian from getting in?

The computer was about to tell Supergirl about the other aliens that were on Earth with Rama Kahn before Supergirl shut it off. I am sure that won't bite her in the butt later.

Alex and Brainy called Supergirl for backup, I hope they follow up on why Supergirl never showed up.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, mommalib said:

If i'm Kara, Lene is nothing but my enemy from now on.

Let's be real, Kara will blame herself for Lena turning evil.  And feel really, really bad about it.

J'onn's plot....or should I say plot o'holes.  How does J'onn's father--who's just a manifestation of his own mind--know Malefic is across town.  I could maybe handwave that with Martian mind mojo,  But how does J'onn find him ( since he has to do that for himself...daddy won't give him all the answers).  How does J'onn phase into the cell.  Was it designed to damper powers?  Doesn't J'onn realize Malefic is being  held by Lena and think maybe he should get them out of there before their little talk lest he be caught and she makes both of them prisoners?   And speaking of, where was Hope?  Is there no monitoring in the cell?   

Adriana and William were both thankfully absent this week as their plot purposes are mostly over.  Lena's plan seems to be put in motion in the next episode so I assume they're clearing the decks before Crisis since it would be hard to just come back from the crossover and step back into the main plot as in years past.   

So Leviathan is basically....an alien Vandal Savage?   If Legends had cast Mitch Pileggi as Vandal, season one would have gone much better.

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 6

That's why I'm hoping for Alex to remember who she used to be and just say Eff that... You played us.. You kidnapped Malefic you stole from us and then you put kryptonite on Kara.... Ur dead

I miss old Alex. That Alex would not forgive Lena so easily but and being at odds with Lena might give her something to do. But I'm betting she will be getting along with her soon enough. 

Katie McGrath did a great job with her scenes tonight. I can sympathize with Lena a little but I still think she is massively overreacting to Kara not telling her. And this is coming from someone who was annoyed with Kara not telling Lena her secret identity for so long. 

Alex and Kelly kinda breaking up and getting back together in the span of one episode was weird. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Kelly talking to someone who just woke up after being unconscious from a concussion: "Why didn't you call me?"

Hehe, I thought the exact same thing. I am glad, though, that they're continuing the thread of Kelly's lingering trauma over the death of her fiancee and that she told Alex about it. But seriously, these two have been dating for, what, a few months? Do the writers know what that looks like?

No matter how much Lex needed to die, I can buy that it was difficult for Lena to do, and I can understand her feeling even more messed up about that if she told herself at the time that it was necessary to keep Kara & co. safe. The big confrontation between Lena and Kara hurt. Even if the scorched-earth reaction still feels like overkill to me, Katie McGrath sold me that Lena very genuinely feels it's all she can do. Kara begging her not to go and then crying alone in the Fortress of Solitude was heartbreaking.

So interested to see where this damaged-inhibitor stuff with Brainy is going. Given what happened last time he took a hard blow to the head, we have good reason to be wary. But I'm sure Jesse Rath will act the hell out of it.

Agreed that the plot holes required to put J'onn and Malefic back in the same room were pretty jarring. When M'yrrn casually revealed that Malefic was "across town" and, after J'onn asked where, solemnly intoned, "That is something you must find out yourself," I rolled my eyes so hard.

Another episode without Nia. Come back, I need my Dreamer fix!

• Love 8

Is it weird that I want Alex to punch Lena in the face and want Kara to save Lena from herself?

The Lena/Kara confrontation scene had so. Much. Lens flare. I was pissed off watching the scene because I could barely see what was happening.

I rolled my eyes a bit when Kara said not telling Lena might have been the biggest mistake of her life. But I’m glad all the cards are on the table now because Kara was being too optimistic about the situation. My heart broke when Kara asked if Lena was going to kill her. And though Lena didn’t kill Kara, Lena still doused her with Kryptonite (even after Kara [as Supergirl] explained how painful it is), and trapped her in a small space (I think Kara is claustrophobic or at the least has been very averse to small spaces since she got out of the pod). Lena needs to reevaluate her “I’m not a villain” stance. Now thinking about it I’m leaning more towards wanting to see Alex get one good lick in before they start the redemption arc.

I hope the Monitor lets Kara out. Let him do something good for once.

So all it took for Lena to protect herself from Leviathan was a good security system? You’re telling me Andrea, who is also a billionaire, doesn’t have security?

I was going to complain about Alex and Brainy just walking into the Leviathan guy’s house without a warrant, but then I remembered they’re a secret organization and they can do whatever the fuck they want. It would have been really awkward if they had the wrong house though.

Edited by BaggythePanther
  • Love 5

Well, the Leviathan storyline got a bit more interesting by bringing both Mitch Pileggi and Cara Buono into the fold.  That's assuming Mitch's character escaped and didn't die: wasn't quite sure what was happening there.  Granted, I suspect it's all going end with Cara's character eventually assuming leadership status, since they seem to be doing the old "new school vs. old school" thing with those two (not to mention that while Cara is probably now best known for her role in Stranger Things, she should shown in Person of Interest that she can play the baddie!)

I swear, Kara, I love you, but when Lena's blatantly shifting her eyes in a suspicious matter and is all "Gee, I wish I could find those really dangerous weapons Lex use to have.  For total legit reasons, of course!", and you just take her to secret fortress and let her mess around with all the top security systems, you pretty much are asking for it to blow up in your face.  Nothing wrong with being a trusting person, but there are limits to that, Supergirl.

I will admit that I did get a kick of Lena doing all of the "Hey, remember the time I was terrified you were in trouble, but hey, you were totally Supergirl the entire time and I was just panicking for no good reason!" stories.  You see, Lena!  That's what your suppose to do when you friend betrays you!  Just make her feel guilty through passive aggression and sarcasm: not by trapping her, taking a weapon, and planning to wipe out emotion or whatever the hell you're cooking up!

Not sure what is going with Brainy here.  I will give Jesse Rath a solid 9.5 out of 10 on the slow-mo fall he took during the explosion scene.  Good form, perfect facial expression, hair was in the right place.  Well done!

Zoned out during any Alex/Kelly scenes.  I'm actually missing McKenna now, although I'm honestly thinking my favorite relationship of Alex's, was her fling with Sara.

For someone playing a dead character, Carl Lumbly sure is getting plenty of screen time! Not complaining though.  And Dave Harewood and Phil LaMarr were great in their scenes too.

Didn't miss Andrea or William, but where did Nia go, dammit?!

• Love 6

There was some horrible writing this episode (the whole "I know where Malefic is but you need to figure it out!" and "You caught me. I'm stealing Myriad from you!") but it also led to probably the best moment of the season by far (the Lena/Kara confrontation). I'm annoyed with how badly written Lena getting caught was. But it was followed up with a very powerful scene with two fantastic actresses. Katie McGrath really did well with portraying how hurt Lena was at Kara and why she was doing what she was doing. 

Plus, I'm REALLY glad Kara knows now. It was bothering me greatly that Lena was lying to Kara and being fake nice to her.

Also, another question: how did Lena manage to figure out how to alter the Fortress' security protocols with two button hits? That was annoying as well. Lena wouldn't be familiar with that sort of technology, especially not with Kara standing a few feet from her....right? 

No William or Andrea, which was an excellent choice. William annoys me and Andrea is nothing more than an antagonist so....

The Brainy stuff could be interesting, if they follow through for more than one episode. The last time they attempted to show a different side to Brainy, they didn't really follow through. I think it only lasted an episode.

The Kelly/Alex stuff was annoying, mostly because they broke up and got back together within minutes. It was really weird. And I like both characters a lot. Kelly is one of the better characters that they've introduced recently. I'd actually love to see more Kelly, in general. She was starting up a friendship with Nia. Let's see more of that!

Speaking of Nia, she was missed but I understand why she may not have been in the episode. 

Leviathan could be interesting, knowing how old they are. I wonder what other aliens they have in their ranks.

• Love 3

Everything with Malefic and J'onn was absolute nonsense, but I am actually decently interested in them reconnecting, and how that will connect with the story with Lena and Hope. Where WAS Hope anyway, shouldn't she have noticed that this other guy just showed up? I dont even know. 

The Lena and Kara showdown was really well acted and was pretty brutally honest, especially for this show. I am still rooting for Lena to find her way out of the dark path she is on, but what she has done the last few weeks is very villainous behavior, she needs to do some serious apologizing if she wants to come back into Team Good. That being said, Katie McGrath really sold me on the depths of her hurt, betrayal, and pain at Kara and everyone else lying to her. I think that Lena is majorly overreacting and what she did here was petty and vengeful and cruel to her best friend, considering at least Kara did think that she was doing the best thing she could to protect Lena, but I fully buy that she is this terribly heartbroken and angry that she would go so scorched earth. It also made me see more of how Lena in all of her hurt and with her bad experiences has convinced herself that Kara wasnt ever really her friend and was just using her or waiting for her to become evil and take her down. Man, I do hope that she at least being mentally manipulated, because this whole plot just makes me sad. 

Kelly and Alex got a bit more focus and I did actually buy them more as a couple this week, even if they did weirdly break up for three seconds, but this romance needs to slow down! Its only been a few months, everything is so intense already! I do like that they are following up with Kelly's issues with her dead fiance, but, Kelly, maybe ask your girlfriend how she is doing before you didnt get pissed that an unconscious person didnt call you? 

I miss Nia, where has she been? Brainy having some kind of short circuit has me worried. Considering the last time his wires got crossed he was swallowed by the memories of his evil family and became scary ruthless uncaring Brainy, I think its a very concerning development! 

• Love 3

I wish Kara would have reminded Lena about how everyone was going nuts trying to find out who Supergirl was, and that people were getting hurt and jailed, and that her own sister's memory had to be wiped in order to keep her safe.  And then she should have told Lena to get over it.  Seriously, talk about overreacting.  

• Love 6

I thought they would pick up James' story about fighting for justice in Calvintown, but I guess he's gone from the show for good.  It's been a few weeks and they haven't picked up that story.

I thought it would be a nice change of scenery to get him out of Catco, while Andrea was there, and give him his own setting, kind of like how they took J'onn J'onnz out of the DEO.

But I guess not.

So the original team of Winn, Alex, Supergirl, and Jimmy, before they knew Hank Henshaw / J'onn J'onnz identity, is gone.

3 hours ago, VegetasMom said:

I wish Kara would have reminded Lena about how everyone was going nuts trying to find out who Supergirl was, and that people were getting hurt and jailed, and that her own sister's memory had to be wiped in order to keep her safe.  And then she should have told Lena to get over it.  Seriously, talk about overreacting.  

Agree.

It's a security risk to tell so many people.  The more number of people know her identity, the more likely one of them can be held hostage by an enemy, and be used as bait to get Supergirl into a dangerous situation.

Even if Lena trusts herself to get out of danger, or to be able to prevent attacks from occurring, enemies can still try to use any knowledge Lena or others have, about Supergirl, to their advantage.

I wish they would have just continued having Lena do borderline questionable experiments, like with the Harun-El, like last year.

That could be a form of "betrayal", but with the perspective that Lena is trying to use the information to save lives.

Or, they could have Lena go against Kara from a business perspective, at CatCo. 

Or they could think of some other way to put Lena and Kara as in a constant like/dislike situation.  They're writers.

4 hours ago, nuraman00 said:

Exactly.  She "killed" Eve, or turned her into an android.

You know what’s hilarious? That’s not even what I was referring to- I was thinking of the poor kid who died when Lena was developing her super serum.  So that’s two secret experiments with fatal results- and she was sooooo upset when Morgan Edge accused her of poisoning people with the anti-Daxamite weapon.

For what it’s worth, I guess we have to give the writers credit- they have been laying the groundwork for this turn for a while now (wasn’t there a scene back in her first season that implied that kid Lena was already a bad seed?).  But it’s still disappointing that Kara and Lena’s friendship is over- I don’t know how the show can credibly walk this back.  And, that they’ve progressively turned a fun, enigmatic, morally gray ally into an emotionally fragile, hypocritical enemy.

• Love 1

I hope the writers won't have Kara blame herself for what Lena has decided to do with her life. I understand feeling guilty about disappointing someone you consider a friend but how Lena chooses to react upon finding out she's been lied to is totally on her. Kara can feel heartbroken and guilty but she also needs to stand up for herself and not take Lena's abuse. Lena has crossed a line here and I don't want the narrative to whitewash her actions by having Kara take the blame.

This may be unpopular but I think Alex and Kelly are a very sweet couple. I'd like Alex to have more of a story though.

Love Brainy. His character keeps growing on me.

• Love 5

I guess I'm one of the few who likes that Lena is finally in on the secret - seriously, her character has been around for 3 years at this point and has fought alongside the Superfriends more than once. So I can see how, after knowing and trusting someone for 3 years how'd you be a little hurt and if you had been raised in a sociopathic family, how that hurt might manifest in negative ways.

Side note - Does Kelly know? She must, right?

Side note 2 - How funny that on The Flash there's a million people that know Barry's secret even though he has better tools for hiding it (blurring face, changing voice, the cowl) and on Supergirl the disguise was a pair of glasses and they kept that secret from almost everyone in the world!

1 hour ago, shantown said:

Side note 2 - How funny that on The Flash there's a million people that know Barry's secret even though he has better tools for hiding it (blurring face, changing voice, the cowl) and on Supergirl the disguise was a pair of glasses and they kept that secret from almost everyone in the world!

You should watch Batwoman, there Kate can be recognized just from the chin! (Sophie, Alice (Beth), for example). I'm surprised that other family members that talked with Batwoman upclose did not recognize her (like the father or step-sister; sorry, can't remember their names, and it's a miracle that I remembered Sophie's name lel)).

• LOL 1

Does the writer of this episode have an axe to grind with Millenials? References to Snowflake Generation and Selfie Generation. Weird, and kinda petty.

Kara showed incredible restraint not rolling her eyes during Lena's "not a villain" villain monologue. Sure Lena, they were all giggling for months behind your back about what an idiot you are. And even if they were (and deep down you know they weren't) that totally justifies using people as lab rats in your quest to mindfuck all of humanity. Lena going dark was inevitable (Luthors are like the Dimera family on Days of our Lives, they all are going to turn at some point, some more permanently than others), but they sure wrote a lame bullshit reason for the heel turn.  Oh and Lena? Trapping a Kryptonian in a Kryptonite cage is totally a villain move. Just saying.

Edited by dmeets
It's Luthor, not Luther
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Trapping a Kryptonian in a Kryptonite cage is totally a villain move. Just saying.

Which leads me to wonder why the Supers would use Kryptonite in the defense system of the Fortress, if Krptonite won't be effective against any other threats?

5 hours ago, shantown said:

Which leads me to wonder why the Supers would use Kryptonite in the defense system of the Fortress, if Kryptonite won't be effective against any other threats?

In case of any rogue Kryptonians, particularly any escapees from Fort Rozz (never mind that Fort Rozz was destroyed a couple of years ago).

• Love 1

You know what’s hilarious? That’s not even what I was referring to- I was thinking of the poor kid who died when Lena was developing her super serum.  So that’s two secret experiments with fatal results- and she was sooooo upset when Morgan Edge accused her of poisoning people with the anti-Daxamite weapon.

I recall that Lena got impatient and rushed it into human trials. 

Kelly and Alex got a bit more focus and I did actually buy them more as a couple this week, even if they did weirdly break up for three seconds, but this romance needs to slow down! Its only been a few months, everything is so intense already!

At this rate they'll be married by the end of the season. 

Edited by Oreo2234

So this was the episode for confrontations! J'onn/Malefic; Alex/Kelly; and Lena/Kara. I think all the actors did well in those scenes.

I'm not so much into Alex/Kelly, but I'm glad their relationship is getting some focus. The thing is, while I'm glad Kelly has a continuing arc (her trauma/PTSD), it's weird that Alex doesn't so far this season.

17 hours ago, shantown said:

I've had this question also for a while; and I think she does? It's just that I can't point to a specific scene that makes this clear.

On 11/18/2019 at 12:14 AM, Maverick said:

J'onn's plot....or should I say plot o'holes.  How does J'onn's father--who's just a manifestation of his own mind--know Malefic is across town.  I could maybe handwave that with Martian mind mojo,  But how does J'onn find him ( since he has to do that for himself...daddy won't give him all the answers).  How does J'onn phase into the cell.  Was it designed to damper powers?  Doesn't J'onn realize Malefic is being  held by Lena and think maybe he should get them out of there before their little talk lest he be caught and she makes both of them prisoners?   And speaking of, where was Hope?  Is there no monitoring in the cell?   ...

I enjoyed J'onn's subplot; but yes, so many holes.

If they've forgiven each other now, what are they going to do with Malefic for the rest of the season?

23 hours ago, nuraman00 said:

I thought they would pick up James' story about fighting for justice in Calvintown, but I guess he's gone from the show for good.  It's been a few weeks and they haven't picked up that story.

Yes; he's off the show.

I feel bad for both Lena and Kara; I get their feelings, but I cannot take Lena seriously when she says she's 'not a villain' - after she's been supervillain-ing this whole season.

19 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

... But it’s still disappointing that Kara and Lena’s friendship is over- I don’t know how the show can credibly walk this back.  And, that they’ve progressively turned a fun, enigmatic, morally gray ally into an emotionally fragile, hypocritical enemy.

Oh, they'll walk it back. Will it be credible? Not to me.

I guess we'll get more into Leviathan in the back half? Still not sure what to think of them.

Brainy was good here too. I know he's got Nia, but he needs something to do outside of comedic relief and tech support.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RobertDeSneero said:

I would compare her attitude to someone whose lover cheated on her, so she decides to retaliate by doing some cheating of her own, out of the belief that it would hurt the other person by making them feel the same way.

You could make that argument when Lena was pretending to be Kara’s friend and using her. But now she’s basically poisoned and trapped Kara (who is claustrophobic) in a tight space. That’s physical abuse. So far this season the only people Lena had hurt were villains and I assumed that was because they wanted wiggle room for a redemption arc. But hurting Kara like this is just sending her further in the wrong direction.

22 hours ago, VegetasMom said:

I wish Kara would have reminded Lena about how everyone was going nuts trying to find out who Supergirl was, and that people were getting hurt and jailed, and that her own sister's memory had to be wiped in order to keep her safe. 

This only applied to people working at the DEO. James, Nia and J’onn never had any problems.

Lena gets into dangerous situations on a regular basis (every press conference she’s ever done has blown up) so I don’t think joining Supergirl’s inner circle is really going to make things that much worse for her.

I’m glad Lena finally knows because it was getting ridiculous that she was the only one who didn’t know. Lex played on Lena’s insecurities and she’s spent the last few weeks spinning theories as to why she was the last to know. And they haven’t emphasized this, but there were times (mostly in season 3) when Supergirl acted suspicious and stand-offish while Kara acted like Lena’s best friend. I can see why Lena assumes Kara pretended to be her friend to keep an eye on her. 

That said, Lena has gone so far off the rails she can’t even see the train tracks. My biggest fear is that they’ll try and tie things up before Crisis to leave room for Leviathan in the second half. The writers wouldn’t be that dumb right?

Didn't feel like chiming in until now. Basically, Lena's turn was basically the coming of Missy on Doctor Who, where most fans figured she was the Master in a female form. And then that turned out to be correct, but it worked out well because Michelle Gomez went ham-and-a-half on the role. Here, Lena just comes off as petty. We've figured she would turn one day, and she basically rips off the Fortress of Solitude and puts Kara in timeout, all because Kara wouldn't tell her The Secret. And she accuses Kara of making "crocodile tears," which . . . shut up, Lena. Just . . . shut up.

Yeah, we got Alex/Kelly and J'onn reconciling with his brother, but the pettiness is just overwhelming. And I can't see a way where Lena comes out of the plot not looking like a villain.

• Love 1

You know, I keep thinking, the writers missed a really compelling opportunity to show the viewers the real reason why Lena is pissed off. Because all those things that she said... well... they are simply bullshit (crocodile tears etc.). I mean, she would have a valid reason to distrust Kara as Supergirl for one fact. Remember a while ago in season three perhaps when Supergirl told Guardian to spy on Lena and what she is hiding in her vault? And then Kara in the elevator tells Lena, when Lena confides in her about Supergirl's actions: "Well, I think that you have to give her the benefit of a doubt. I think she means well" (paraphrasing). Now, that would be a solid reason to be pissed off at Kara/Supergirl, for being two-faced. 

That being said, this whole issue is fucking stupid. I ain't going to repeat myself what I've wrote in here throughout the seasons, but... come on, are we seriously supposed to believe that Lena, who put two ant two together about Sam, needed Lex help to understand that Kara is Supergirl. I mean, what in the actual fuck is this writing? It's not even funny anymore.

Also, someone said that they don't buy how Lena can know how to affect Kryptonian technology in the Fortress. Well, we are talking about a show where any person, who is a "scientist" (or a person, who read a book Science for Dummies), is also apparently a super-genious God of Technology, to whom all the secrets of the universe is open (I mean, look at Winn for crying out loud. Was any of the bullshit that he has done believable in any way?) How's that different?

While I'm on it. I just can't stand whining from John. "Oh, my brother is evil, but I feel so bad for hurting him. Oh, the emotional pain, I'm going to cry in a corner now". Enough already with this. Jeesus Christ, every time he happens to have a PMS I just skip nowadays. I just can't stand it anymore. 

Feck, where are all the writers from Season One? I rather have over-the-top women are better than man and Superman's TM mentioning every five seconds in between the actual plot then this none-sense!

Did Rama Kahn die or did he escape? An unceremonious death for someone that has lived for thousands of years.

He escaped, he said something along the lines that next time you will die by my hands or something.

Edited by Rushmoras
On 11/18/2019 at 12:04 AM, AnimeMania said:

Rama Kahn seems pretty tough, so I think he's ok.  Didn't Rama Kahn say that their ship was the size of an asteroid and wiped out the dinosaurs ?  That would put him around 65 million years old (give or take a million years).  Do Kryptonian records even go back that far ?

On 11/18/2019 at 8:59 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Also, another question: how did Lena manage to figure out how to alter the Fortress' security protocols with two button hits? That was annoying as well. Lena wouldn't be familiar with that sort of technology, especially not with Kara standing a few feet from her....right? 

Did the Kryptonians not put passwords on anything ?  Unless Lena just recently read Hacking Kryptonian Quantum computers for Dummies', how would she ever be able to completely reprogram the 'L' protocol and wirelessly sync her little handy dandy remote control by pressing 2 buttons ?  That's some Class A bullshit right there.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Unless Lena just recently read Hacking Kryptonian Quantum computers for Dummies', how would she ever be able to completely reprogram the 'L' protocol and wirelessly sync her little handy dandy remote control by pressing 2 buttons ?  That's some Class A bullshit right there.

This is the kind of stuff Brainy should do, not write binary love sonnets.

• Love 3

Am I missing something from a past episode or is Myriad being in the Fortress a big plot hole?

It was in Fort Rozz, which Kara threw into space. They did are visit it briefly but I don’t remember them snagging Myriad while they were there.

Also, I’m right there with everybody who thought that being able to reprogram a computer that you’ve never seen before to turn against its authorized users in two button presses was stupid. Was there a “turn against” button and a “your masters” button?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/20/2019 at 12:04 PM, Rushmoras said:

Also, someone said that they don't buy how Lena can know how to affect Kryptonian technology in the Fortress. Well, we are talking about a show where any person, who is a "scientist" (or a person, who read a book Science for Dummies), is also apparently a super-genious God of Technology, to whom all the secrets of the universe is open (I mean, look at Winn for crying out loud. Was any of the bullshit that he has done believable in any way?) How's that different?

Winn was the son of a supervillain, he might've researched a bunch of stuff after his dad was arrested, delved into super engineering, etc.

6 minutes ago, bros402 said:

Winn was the son of a supervillain, he might've researched a bunch of stuff after his dad was arrested, delved into super engineering, etc.

Yeah, that's an excuse for Power Rangers shows. All these deus ex manchina's, the point is, in some season, Winn and Lena constructed some sort of a device (probably the one that blocked super sonic waves from those two jewellery thieves in season two) from what it looks like nothing, while being hidden under the table. And there are a whole lot of similar instances throughout the show. And people have questions how does Lena do it. Seriously?

11 minutes ago, Rushmoras said:

Yeah, that's an excuse for Power Rangers shows. All these deus ex manchina's, the point is, in some season, Winn and Lena constructed some sort of a device (probably the one that blocked super sonic waves from those two jewellery thieves in season two) from what it looks like nothing, while being hidden under the table. And there are a whole lot of similar instances throughout the show. And people have questions how does Lena do it. Seriously?

It makes more sense than the sister of a supervillain, who was relatively good leaning towards gray, knowing how to operate a computer that she literally had just said was only theoretical. It was even in another language. Maybe she somehow learned Kryptonian from something Lex did, but even then, she should've at least struggled with the computer for a minute or two.

3 minutes ago, bros402 said:

It makes more sense than the sister of a supervillain, who was relatively good leaning towards gray, knowing how to operate a computer that she literally had just said was only theoretical. It was even in another language. Maybe she somehow learned Kryptonian from something Lex did, but even then, she should've at least struggled with the computer for a minute or two.

Constructing a device from nothing, while being hidden under the table in a met-gala, makes more sense than hacking an alien computer? OK, then. To me, they both don't make any sense, and throughout the years I've learnt not to question such things.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Rushmoras said:

Constructing a device from nothing, while being hidden under the table in a met-gala, makes more sense than hacking an alien computer? OK, then. To me, they both don't make any sense, and throughout the years I've learnt not to question such things.

You are misremembering. The gala was a trap for the thieves. Lena had invented a device to destroy their weapons and hid it under the stage. When she tried to activate it, it didn’t work. She went under the stage to fix it and found Winn hiding. The device basically had a loose wire. They didn’t invent it from scratch in a couple of minutes, they just fixed the loose wire.

On 11/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, Rushmoras said:

You know, I keep thinking, the writers missed a really compelling opportunity to show the viewers the real reason why Lena is pissed off. Because all those things that she said... well... they are simply bullshit (crocodile tears etc.). I mean, she would have a valid reason to distrust Kara as Supergirl for one fact. Remember a while ago in season three perhaps when Supergirl told Guardian to spy on Lena and what she is hiding in her vault? And then Kara in the elevator tells Lena, when Lena confides in her about Supergirl's actions: "Well, I think that you have to give her the benefit of a doubt. I think she means well" (paraphrasing). Now, that would be a solid reason to be pissed off at Kara/Supergirl, for being two-faced. 

I really wish they would have had Lena talk about this past situation more, because what kind of best friend asks your boyfriend to spy on you? Not to mention how suspicious and distrustful Supergirl was towards Lena at that time. It makes it seem like Kara was faking the friendship. It probably hasn’t been brought up because the writers have probably forgotten about it. Just like how they forgot Lena already went to the Fortress of Solitude in season two.

• Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 7:04 AM, shantown said:

I guess I'm one of the few who likes that Lena is finally in on the secret - seriously, her character has been around for 3 years at this point and has fought alongside the Superfriends more than once. So I can see how, after knowing and trusting someone for 3 years how'd you be a little hurt and if you had been raised in a sociopathic family, how that hurt might manifest in negative ways.

I don't mind Lena knowing the secret.

I just don't like the direction the writers have taken the show, in how Lena is responding to knowing the secret.

I preferred the Lena that would do morally gray experiments.  That was interesting to me.

• Love 1
On 11/24/2019 at 3:39 PM, BaggythePanther said:

I really wish they would have had Lena talk about this past situation more, because what kind of best friend asks your boyfriend to spy on you? Not to mention how suspicious and distrustful Supergirl was towards Lena at that time. It makes it seem like Kara was faking the friendship. It probably hasn’t been brought up because the writers have probably forgotten about it. Just like how they forgot Lena already went to the Fortress of Solitude in season two.

Which episode was that?

I'd like to know why the L Protocol was even activated when Lena doesn't possess any Luther DNA given that she is adopted. Something isn't right there. Unless Superman collected Lena's DNA and added it to the data base, seems like a lot of effort to go through for a Luther he had never encountered untill Kara showed up

On 11/26/2019 at 2:30 PM, ryanh251 said:

I'd like to know why the L Protocol was even activated when Lena doesn't possess any Luther DNA given that she is adopted. Something isn't right there. Unless Superman collected Lena's DNA and added it to the data base, seems like a lot of effort to go through for a Luther he had never encountered untill Kara showed up

Lionel Luthor is her biological father. He had an affair with Lena’s mother. So Lena and Lex are half siblings. When Lena’s mother died, Lionel took her in. That’s why Lillian and Lena have such a rocky relationship. Lillian was forced to raise the product of Lionel’s affair. 

Edited by BaggythePanther
Corrected the spelling of Luthor
  • Useful 1