Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Hannah Hayes

preeya
  • Start Topic

S07.E07 Hannah Hayes

Summary:  The Task Force investigates the unexplained disappearance and sudden re-emergence of a governor.

Red and Dembe surveil someone close to Katarina Rostova, as she inadvertently involves Agnes in an operation of her own.

• Love 1

Red and Dembe surveil someone close to Katarina Rostova

Lizzie ??  She does live down the hall from her.

I bet the re-emerged governor is a Russian replacement from a town similar to where Tom went in Redemption.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

There must have been a lot of smoking and snorting in the writer's room before the "brain storming" session for this episode. And the results were to put embryos in men (let men and law makers feel what it's like to be the victim), have Red wear the Skipper's cap (but not have Dembe play Gilligan?), have Aram proudly declare Park to be a genius/smarter than him because she identified a pill, reveal Agnes' dirty little secret of enjoying peanut butter with her cut banana and have spry Katarina apply a choke hold/snap a man's neck. I want to know the ideas they rejected!

I liked that Hannah's kid closed the door on Ressler and Liz (I would have slammed the door). She has better manners than Agnes and me.

Did Agnes and the other 30 plus people in the park walk pass and completely ignore the two men carrying Katarina's unconscious "friend" Skip? I bet crafty Katarina did a "pinky promise" with each person to keep quiet.

Ilya Koslov is Red's friend? I doubt it. Katarina got the wrong man.

Hannah could have shot five more times before Ressler and Aram acted.

What did Hannah hit to cause the front damage on her car? It sure wasn't the crash through the garage door, the car wasn't scratched then.

Norman Devane has all these cures and the government probably filed them away to never be seen or researched again.

The Chirinatos demand an apology for being accused.

Pastor Darvis didn't reveal his giving birth to his congregation or the public or TMZ? He may have seen an increase in attendance on Sunday due to this, more cash and a new Cadillac.

Cooper look like he has lost some weight or maybe his haircut is making him look lighter.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 8

It's as if the showrunners saw me describe this show as a soap opera and said "hold my beer".

Having said that, this episode is dark as hell if you can get past the initial silliness.

Katerina should not be describing mud pies using terms usually reserved for food. This is Lizzie's child and as such a victim of Lizzie's cooking. She will eat them!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I wanted little Agnes to look at the dead body and say "Why didn't you just shoot him like my mommy does?"

I think Ilya Koslov is the guy masquerading as Red.   Whatever the case, Reddington sure got to Katarina in that phone call.  Broke her down. 

I love Red's florid language sometimes.  "This was a gift to me from a friend who lost a shipment of baby food in a typhoon..."  Stow it, Red.  You went down to Camping World or someplace after watching a late night tv ad.  Midlife crisis, you know. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

This episode was dumb ... even for this show.

How come Red doesn't have someone watching Agnes at all times ?
This seems like a big oversight by Reddington since he normally has people everywhere.

If Hannah Hayes was in prison for 7 years, and her daughter looks to be 7 years old, did she start her revenge campaign the minute she got out of prison ?

How come Ressler and Aram let Hannah Hayes monologue for such a long time -- and then let her kill the guy anyway ?

While Park may have killed someone in Alaska, still no explanation of WHY she asked to be posted in Alaska in the first place ?  That seems like the bigger mystery.

ETA: Forgot to mention that there was no sign or mention of the dogs or Robert Vesco's cat. 

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 4

Several seasons ago didn't they show Red with a scared back ie burns from the fire on the night Lizzie him?

But yet they went through all this rigamarole showing post shot presumed dead Red of Ilya becoming Red. And whats' with the disease Red has. Didn't Lizzie's other grand father have a disease or something and thats why he went after Lizzy several seasons ago.

Yet another epi with blatant political sub text beyond Red's/Spader's commentary. And another doctor medical related epi. Didn't they have adoption agencies in the state she got raped?

Did Red survive and pull a swap with Ilya. Was Ilya Red's point of contact while spying. Why would Ilya do that for Red. I had thought Red was a mole prior to military service, maybe that's why him and Ilya might do the 'swap'. Could be editing to leave the last scene with a lot of questions and speculation.

The way the let Red murder people in law enforcement's presence means they would have no problem killing off existing mythology and plot lines.

The Governor of a state close to The Post Office (able to be reached w/in 5 minutes by SUV) is missing for three months. So a Special Election is scheduled to elect a new governor and the missing governor is one of the two candidates? And, when he suddenly appears, his aide says that now he's back, the aide has to cancel the election? Democracy in action.  

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

This episode was dumb ... even for this show.

How come Ressler and Aram let Hannah Hayes monologue for such a long time -- and then let her kill the guy anyway ?

A sign that they have been working for Red too long..,.

Do all ultra conservative males have the same blood type? Did she kill a whole bunch of women to create a uterus inventory? Were there a lot of dead male test subjects dumped in a swamp?

Was the Governor on Designated Survivor? Some idiot Senator from Montana that tried to squeeze Kiefer, but ended up getting pwned?

Edited by paigow
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Norman Devane has all these cures and the government probably filed them away to never be seen or researched again.

They are on a shelf next to The Ark Of The Covenant

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I was really hoping for Liz somehow pulling off a long con, but nope, the fact that Agnes was at the scene of a MURDER makes it clear that Liz is just THIS dumb. It's maddening. She was doing background checks on her possible nannies, but then just lets her neighbor basically become her nanny without ANY background checks? How could Liz be THIS dumb? It just doesn't make ANY sense. It make Liz look like a complete buffoon. 

• Love 6

There are so few good roles out there for older actresses that it really pains me that Laila Robins is stinking up the joint as Katarina with what should be such a wonderfully juicy role. It is especially galling since this show has done such a great job with casting their older female roles in the past, with Jane Alexander, Susan Blommaert (man, she was SO good) and Christine Lahti all doing fine jobs and Famke Janssen being good, as well (she's a special case, though, of course, as they cast her with the intention of her co-leading a spinoff series, so they had to get a "name"). 

Robins hasn't been selling Katarina as a real threat at ALL. She has basically zero charisma. She's just sort of THERE. It's really, really disappointing. Especially when they did such a good job with casting Katarina as a young woman. 

• Love 2
On 11/16/2019 at 10:43 AM, misstwpherecool said:

Several seasons ago didn't they show Red with a scared back ie burns from the fire on the night Lizzie him?

Yeah, that was the Big Reveal that Shocked Us All and made us believe Red really was Lizzie's father.

Or not.

Maybe he just fell asleep while sitting around a campfire with Dembe and a Somalian pirate in Mogadishu and he rolled into the fire before armed soldiers standing guard could stop him.

Thanks for holding my beer!

3 hours ago, paigow said:

ignore spoiler cannot delete it

Rats, I really wanted to read your spoiler!

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

Did they say why Hannah waited so long to have an abortion that it was considered so late that she went to prison?  Or why she didn’t just go to another state for an abortion?  This episode was more ridiculous than usual so my mind may be protecting me from the trauma of reliving this cluster-f by forgetting certain details. 

Google tells me that uterine transplants are now only done in clinical settings and that there has been only one instance of a live birth following such a procedure. Not surprisingly, that one instance involved a female recipient. The medical miracles the writers on this show come up with give credence to my prediction that Red did the impossible, and literally effed himself, thereby becoming pregnant with Lizzie, and simultaneously being both her mother and father. Mark my words people!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

my prediction that Red did the impossible, and literally effed himself,

And thereby had sex with the person he loves the most. Lizzie is most certainly a Love Child in the truest sense.

• Love 1

Best moment: Dembe doing needlepoint.

We're never, ever going to find out "what happened in Anchorage," are we, or at least, not any time soon, are we. Just like the contents of that suitcase that was dragged around for umpteen seasons

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Biggie B said:

We're never, ever going to find out "what happened in Anchorage,

It was a long time ago.  She was fighting with a captain on this oil tanker, see?  And it got juuust a bit outside, and maybe hit some rocks, and maybe leaked some oil.  That's just what I heard, but Liz knows all about it because she's been there.  On a ship, that is.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:43 AM, misstwpherecool said:

Didn't they have adoption agencies in the state she got raped?

She didn't want to give up the baby.  She didn't want to be forced to be pregnant with her rapist's baby.

I'm surprised, though, that as a medical resident she didn't have the resources to go out of state for an abortion (unless she was somehow arrested on the way?)  She still might have gone to jail, but she wouldn't have had to be pregnant for all those months.  Now I suppose you would take plan B right after a rape to prevent conception, but perhaps it wasn't available then, or she didn't report/deal with the rape within 72 hours.

On 11/16/2019 at 2:00 PM, paigow said:

Do all ultra conservative males have the same blood type? Did she kill a whole bunch of women to create a uterus inventory? Were there a lot of dead male test subjects dumped in a swamp?

Where were the eggs from?  Were they hers?

At least we have an explanation for why as supposed Russian, Red had a seemingly American childhood.  And Red did basically tell us that the story Dom told to Lizzie about Ilya was not completely accurate.

I did like the part at the very end where we found out who Ilya really was.  Maybe Dom also lied about how close he and Katarina had been.

Hopefully, as Katarina feels so protective of Patrick, she won't use Agnes as a bartering tool, but who knows.  I'm still not convinced she is actually Agnes' grandmother.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 1

The theory that the crime family kidnapped the Governor in order to force the special election made no sense since the Governor was released before the election took place.  Certainly, anyone who could keep a person in a coma for 90 days could keep him in a coma for 91 days.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I'm surprised, though, that as a medical resident she didn't have the resources to go out of state for an abortion (unless she was somehow arrested on the way?)

When she said that she was arrested for having an abortion out of state, I checked that statement.  It's not illegal to travel out of state for a legal medical procedure of any kind, and abortion is legal.  I understand that the law was the basis for the episode, but any state enacting a law like that would lose at the first court, and the second, etc.  So, in essence, the whole foundation for her actions is false.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

When she said that she was arrested for having an abortion out of state, I checked that statement.  It's not illegal to travel out of state for a legal medical procedure of any kind, and abortion is legal.  I understand that the law was the basis for the episode, but any state enacting a law like that would lose at the first court, and the second, etc.  So, in essence, the whole foundation for her actions is false.

Perhaps Hannah didn't try to travel out of state but instead had found an in-state provider who said he/she was willing to perform the procedure, who then reneged/set her up, and turned Hannah in to the authorities.

It's the former governor who could not be successfully prosecuted in his home state for traveling to NY for an abortion that is legal there.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
14 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Perhaps Hannah didn't try to travel out of state but instead had found an in-state provider who said he/she was willing to perform the procedure, who then reneged/set her up, and turned Hannah in to the authorities.

Unfortunately, she was not a surgical resident at a Shonda Rimes hospital. There all of your friends would help with the abortion, the Chief of Medicine would cover it up and Viola Davis would defend you before the Supreme Court!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I call BS on this entire episode since, as others have posted, anyone can go anywhere to get a legal abortion, and they have been since 1973's Roe vs. Wade. End of that story.

Meanwhile, the men who birthed their babies looked pretty happy about it. Mother/fatherhood suits them. So I don't see the evil plot of making them be pregnant as a downside. And the NY doctor who would be doing a perfectly legal abortion wouldn't be grilling the gov over his procedure. That was some totally faked up scene that was suppose to make viewers feel ... how?

This entire episode was blowing smoke.

I did like Red's new undercover vehicle, a bigass camper that no one would notice following them. But it suits Dembe. I want his next needlepoint to be Home Sweet Home.

Edited by saber5055
On 11/19/2019 at 6:35 AM, Biggie B said:

Best moment: Dembe doing needlepoint.

We're never, ever going to find out "what happened in Anchorage," are we, or at least, not any time soon, are we. Just like the contents of that suitcase that was dragged around for umpteen seasons

Reminded me of Rosie Greer, who was a hulking pro football defensive tackle for the NY Giants and the LA Rams.

Edited by cameron