Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Guys' Girl

• Start Topic

Jules Wiley has been totally absorbed by her relationship for the last five years. When her boyfriend dumps her unexpectedly, Jules has to come to terms with the fact that she’s let her female friendships fall apart, and plan a girls night out in an attempt to win them back.

Dropping on Hulu on Friday, November 15, 2019.

I almost stopped watching about five minutes into the first episode because Kat Dennings' voice was like nails on a chalkboard., but I toughed it out because I liked the premise.

I think a lot of people disappear into their relationships. I can't count the number of people I know who seemed to drop off the face of the earth every time they started dating someone. I know it's exciting and new but DAMN, how hard is it to remember you have other interests besides the newest person you're dating? And those are the people who always predictably pop back up the second that they get dumped.

The characters are a little one note right now, but as long as they don't stay this way, I'm okay with it. I appreciate that Jules is making an effort to connect with people. Even if she ends up not being friends with the Allisons at work, just the fact that she stepped outside of her comfort zone and tried talking to them was clearly a big step for her. Madison's hurt and anger is justified because it's not cool to get ditched for FIVE YEARS.

Stella is the one I hope to see the most growth from. That flight irresponsible free spirit wild child crap is tolerable when you're 20, but once you're done with college it's really annoying to have to do things like track down a friend who left her phone with someone else, left a party without telling anyone, got into a van with a stranger, and then called without specifying where she was.

• Love 2