Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E35: Sen. Sherrod Brown, Jaime Harrison, Donna Brazile, Ian Bremmer and Frank Bruni

• Start Topic

Ooohwee, Miss Donna was feeling that new look. She looked great. This was a good show. Loved Sharrod Brown and I am sorry that he’s not interested in running for President. All three of the panelists were polite and logical and loved the enthusiasm of Jamie Harris. I don’t always agree with Bill,but I did like tonight’s “New Rules” and agree wholeheartedly.

• Love 8

Jaime Harrison seems like a nice guy, and I'm afraid that's all he is. Sad to say, but Lindsey Graham can rest easy, at least about his own job. 

I like Sherrod Brown, but I think he made the right choice dropping out of the presidential race. He can do better work where he is.

That final New Rule? All too appropriate, unfortunately. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, arachne said:

I like Sherrod Brown, but I think he made the right choice dropping out of the presidential race. He can do better work where he is.

Can't drop out of what you were never in.  He would have been a really compelling and formidable candidate, though.  Would have rocked the Midwest.  

Bill, it's Ukraine, not Uk-a-raine.  Did no one tell him after he did it the last time?  And as for your reference to CCR being from Ohio, you thought they were from Ohio because of the name Clearwater?  I'd first think they were from Florida.  Wikipedia says:

John Fogerty, Doug Clifford, and Stu Cook met at Portola Junior High School in El Cerrito, California...

According to interviews with band members 20 years later, the name's elements came from three sources:

• Tom Fogerty's friend Credence Newball, whose name they changed to form the word Creedence (as in creed)
  • a television commercial for Olympia Brewing Company ("clear water")
  • the four members' renewed commitment to their band

What the hell is Bill's problem with the impeachment process?  Does he know another way to get to the truth other than investigate first and prosecute later?   Especially when the key witnesses are flat out refusing to honor legal subpoenas.  He was alive during the Watergate hearings, which between Senate and House, went on for over a year, and nobody except the Republicans complained that it went on too long.

Bill, credentials and experience do matter.  Just because the bar's been set lower than a flea doesn't mean it is supposed to stay there.

Is Donna Brazile trying to reinvent herself as some kind of Mae West?  It's not working.  And she gets paid for political wisdom like black voters "want a winner."  Duh.

4 hours ago, arachne said:

Jaime Harrison seems like a nice guy, and I'm afraid that's all he is.

Helping people fill out resumes or their FAFSAs is noble work, but it's not the work of a US Senator.  He's definitely got an uphill climb.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Okay, did anyone else think that Donna was borderline sexually harassing Bill? Don't get me wrong, I laughed my ass off at her, but if the genders were reversed, we'd all be calling Don a creepy lech for harassing poor Billie. 

I truly think Donna is a bit of a political genius, with the exception of her involvement in the debate question stupidity, but she may be past her sell-by date kind of like Howard Dean is.  While they both have some excellent ideas, they've lost credibility (mostly on forced errors).  I think there's still a good bit of genius there, but I'm not sure anyone wants her in their corral, which is sad.

• Love 1

Another season ends with Bill's usual let's all get along spiel. Coming from a guy who loves insulting groups of people, it always comes off as disingenuous and hypocritical on Bill's part.

Donna Brazile certainly has put her Fox News dollars to use with that getup of hers. Guess it pays to be that network's token liberal. They can have her AFAIC.

Real Time just gets worse with every season passing.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Victor the Crab said:

Another season ends with Bill's usual let's all get along spiel. Coming from a guy who loves insulting groups of people, it always comes off as disingenuous and hypocritical on Bill's part.

I can tell you I'd have a lot of trouble getting along with Bill at the Thanksgiving dinner table. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2019 at 1:42 PM, ChicksDigScars said:

Okay, did anyone else think that Donna was borderline sexually harassing Bill?

He was clearly flustered and uncomfortable, but was trying to laugh it off, cuz what else is he gonna do in that situation, and she kept doing it even though he was uncomfortable. Another panelist mentioned it, and she brushed it off as with some bullshit about how it is just sibling-like playfulness. ew.  

But I'm pretty sure Bill just saw it as some kind of weird comedic flirting shtick.