Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: On Lock Down

• Start Topic

The Giudice Family struggles as Joe is released from prison but transferred to ICE. Dolores plans a fun event to get Teresa’s mind off her troubles, but when Teresa invites Danielle, the day turns to high drama.

Airdate 11.13.2019

Margaret and Melissa won the obstacle course but the win was given to Theresa and Danielle? Pathetic. Also, Margaret's was right, her puzzle solving skills left all the other women in the dust, because she was sloooow.

Gia, for all of her forced maturity sure was acting like a typical teenager with her inability to give one little f@ck about anyone else's feelings about her dad. She's showing her par parents narcissistic traits.

• Love 11

Teresa suffers from selective hearing - she only hears the slurs when it's about her chosen bestie - in this case, Danielle.   I'm not sure, but is Danielle's daughter the only person she's actually apologized to?  Normally, she doesn't acknowledge any wrongdoing - if she's misbehaved it's only payback for someone coming after her first.  She's nuts.

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Love 11

I dont know if its because of Danielle. But.

I really enjoyed Jennifer tonight.  I think its the first time ever.

Today I witnessed one high school girl dump chocolate milk on top of another girl's head.  She knew I was standing right there and did it anyways.

Earlier, I ran into a middle school girl who last week had all the friends and today had none.

So many observations of girls tearing each other apart.  From kindergarten to high school.

And on these reality shows.

Which?  Raises hand to admit hypocrisy.   It breaks my heart to hear Jennifer's daughter talk about how shes treated.  And yet?  I thoroughly enjoyed what happened with Danielle. 

• Love 20

Loved Teresa's daughter setting her straight on their feelings.  She just keeps repeating how she just wants her girls to be happy.  She and Joe should have thought of that before they did what they did.  Her girls are brutally honest.  I like that about them. 

Please get Danielle's Skeletor looking ass off of my TV screen.  

I agree that this show is very boring.  (((YAWN)))

• Love 12

Melissa breaking that glass and then she and Jackie giggling over leaving it and not telling the store owner was the adult version of Milania sitting on the food in the refrigerated case in the grocery store.  Go ahead Ladies, and keep thinking you deserve to take the moral highground in every argument.  They're all cafones!

Edited by ichbin
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I seriously hate Teresa for using her children's pain over this deportation issue as a storyline. I get that it's her life and it's relevant. But don't make the girls film during this time. I feel uncomfortable watching Milania trying to have privacy and Tre banging on her door with the cameras in tow.  

Even though Gia might have wrote and was expressing what she felt - part of me thinks that "someone" encouraged her to go to SM to express about how good of a father Juicy is to the girls. 

All of the "my father..." sentences. " he hasn't looked or felt this good since his 30s".... hmmm

At 18 - SM is usually for your friends -discussing teen stuff (clothes, makeup, songs, next chapter stuff, etc)....  I would think Gia would be keeping her parents legal troubles under wraps as best as she could..ie not something she wants them to replay/repost for the next 24 hours..

gia_guidace.PNG.3aaf4bdc75af883e6a56c398795666b6.PNG

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, dosodog said:

Which?  Raises hand to admit hypocrisy.   It breaks my heart to hear Jennifer's daughter talk about how shes treated.  And yet?  I thoroughly enjoyed what happened with Danielle. 

I think it boils down to what Melissa (or Delores?) said. Danielle causes misery around her. There was no need to come at Jennifer and she clearly tried to lie about Jennifer never apologizing. Some people,  especially kids, are unfairly bullied, and then there are people like Danielle who get called out by the trail of people she targets. I'm always down for the Prostitution Whore clip being shown. 

I didn't like Jennifer's daughters scene because even though it's a new school year and hopefully it's stopped,  I don't know if telling your mom it bothers you on tv is the best thing to help the situation. It'll give the little brats satisfaction. I don't like the Giudice girls having their pain on tv. I don't think they're truly old enough to decide if they want it out in TV land forever. I like 90 Day Fiance but there are so many kids involved this season i may drop out. It's not fair to them.

Out of everyone on the show I question JoeGo's ability to read the most based on when he's read stuff on camera. Im not even joking. So between that and the speech about his dad when, ah, the seasons since 3 exist that whole book thing is a joke.

Jackie has been going for Teresa since last season. Teresa isn't an easy going person. It's boring to then watch Jackie be offended by not being invited. Also she and Melissa looked like assholes in the store with the glass. It was filmed so it probably was paid for in the end but they still considered that cute or whatever. Nope.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 14

There was no need to come at Jennifer and she clearly tried to lie about Jennifer never apologizing.

I guess Danielle is threatened by having someone else be close to Teresa? Even if it is just in the position of lieutenant...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

As a "mature" lady my own self, I truly don't want to be age shaming, and I'm not...but I have to say that I have never seen cheeks quite as close to poking out of someone's face as Danielle/Beverly's.  The scene with her and Theresa in the car was alarming and I don't know what they are using for filler out there in New Jersey but it's .... a lot to take in.  They both just look so harsh and Danielle/Beverly looks uneven, dare I even say lumpy?  It just looks terrible to me.  I have no bone to pick with cosmetic procedures and would happily (and have) done everything I could (afford) to do to try and look my best.  I'm just confused because it would seem these women have the funds to afford the best procedures and the best providers and it doesn't seem like they are being well served in this arena.  

• Love 20
10 hours ago, dosodog said:

I really enjoyed Jennifer tonight.  I think its the first time ever.

I did too-it felt weird. But I liked her talking to her daughter (who I felt so bad for-having food thrown at her? What horrible children) & I LOVED her calling out & calling Danielle “Beverly”. Then she gave Tre a cute wink when she corrected her on the oil & vinegar comment. Like I said it felt weird but I think there was a full moon. 

Putting this in a spoiler just in case (about Danielle)

Spoiler

Danielle is horrid. I can’t wait until she gets booted for putting her hands on Marge. About time Bravo. Also-I read she is back with Marty. He’s a fool. 

Danielle isn’t even good hate watching like Jen usually is-she is like Jim Marchese. Just useless & hateful. 

• Love 15

I actually didn't mind watching this episode.  Jen was more real this ep as others stated. The daughter may be getting bullied bc of TV exposure so that's sad. Beverley AKA "Danielle" is really a piece of work. I think her ears are getting really freaky looking bc she likely had some facelift or heaven knows what procedures but she's looking worse for the wear. I don't know how she gets any "men" much less wealthy ones or poaches them from other women. I don't care how good the Beej's are or whatever she does. You have to be able to *look* at the person and she is looking like a sci-fi character.  

The Tree ass-kissing has to end. It is sad. Delores is the only one who seems to come across authentic. And Marge, i have to say. They are who they are in any situation. I just don't think a high risk OB/GYN worth his salt is going to appear on this franchise.  He kind of creeps me out. He should've stayed off camera. Big Frank seems jealous but he's another shady character. Jackie is annoying still but she wasn't invited to a "Tree-centered" event bc as long as Tree has a say in it, Jackie will have limited scenes on "HER" show. The kids should be off camera to grieve the father's absence. Gia continues to annoy. I see there is animosity and antagonistic behavior between her and Milania. It's going to be another Tree and Joe adult situation all over again unfortunately. Very sad. Gia really did pick up the worst from Tree.

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 10

Blast from the past... Carlos Bakery cake made an appearance at the book-signing...

I guess Buddy "the boss" valstro said no more "cake boss" on TLC after momma valstro passed.. It still reruns (mostly the older episodes) on Discovery Family Channel.. would love to know how the family/extended is doing... his kids are teens, his nephew was in law school, is his BIL still a fireman, 2 family members had the gastric sleeve surgery,  etc..

RHONJ_Carlos_cake.PNG.a6605fe7152252b873778182b1a1da13.PNG

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Impalace said:

Oh my heart broke for Jennifer's daughter and being dropped from her friend group. Growing up is so hard.

That was heartbreaking...girls at that age can be so cruel. It doesn't help that her mom is on a show like this saying and doing things that are embarrassing and cringe worthy to a girl that age...it sort of sets her up for problems with other kids. Where are the adults who should be monitoring the cafeteria? Putting this out on national TV might be a problem for her today at school. She seems like a sweet girl and this will follow her for years...it can really affect a girl's self esteem and self worth. There was a great book that came out a few years back about middle school/high school girls and the affect that cliques and bullying has on them...it was called "Queen Bees and Wannabes" and it was the basis of the movie "Mean Girls". Jennifer should read this.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Someone needs to tell Joe Go that's not a book, that's a pamphlet.  Somehow I doubt he wrote it, unless wrote is a euphemism for babbled some crap that someone formed into sentences .

Right? Bet that "book" is in the $1.00 bin at Walmart now. Had to laugh at the sucking up he did to his old man....last season he couldn't find an hour or two a week to see his Dad or take him somewhere...now he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

I know people praise Gia but to me, she needs to be knocked down about fifteen notches. Also, I am so beyond over the sucking up to Tre. 

I found Gia to be a bit obnoxious when she was younger, but she was forced to mature when Tre "went away".  I typically like Gia now, but it was very selfish to hog Joe during the phone call, and they didn't even bother calling poor Audriana down so she could at least hear her father's voice.  Why the hell wasn't the call on speaker?  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Out of everyone on the show I question JoeGo's ability to read the most based on when he's read stuff on camera. Im not even joking. So between that and the speech about his dad when, ah, the seasons since 3 exist that whole book thing is a joke.

Jackie has been going for Teresa since last season. Teresa isn't an easy going person. It's boring to then watch Jackie be offended by not being invited. Also she and Melissa looked like assholes in the store with the glass. It was filmed so it probably was paid for in the end but they still considered that cute or whatever. Nope.

Yeah, Joe did not write a book.  Joe didn't draft a book.  Do I think Joe had some medium-length interviews over the phone with a ghost-writer?  Eh, I think "medium-length" might be a little too long for his attention span...

Teresa's lawyer creeps the living fuck out of me.

I'm not sure that Teresa wants Joe to come home.

Jen, if your kid hates exercise at the tender age of eleven?  That's probably your and Bill's fault.

Jackie, that was not cyber-bullying.  Get a life.

Also, Teresa and Jackie did not make a truce so much as they made a ceasefire.  A ceasefire doesn't get you invited to an obstacle course.

I am so glad they didn't cast this Gina woman that Margaret went to talk to.  She seemed a little hyped, like she was sniffing Adderall in the back room.  I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this elusive "girl code," but Margaret has no room to speak on the matter, given how she met her husband, and even how she told the hilarious story last season about her mom dating a married man.  Hypocrite.

Melissa thinks Teresa and Danielle are "dumb' and "dumber"?  And you're...a MENSA member?  Melissa, who loves her husband for his "work ethnic" is just a regular Einstein over there.  

Margaret...I defended you two seasons ago with your Hitler metaphor, but I was probably mistaken then.  Margaret, upon hearing Jen speak of her daughter's situation, says that what Gabby is going through is like what Jen and Jackie are going through, and when Jen says she doesn't compare her situation to children's, and Marge, all condescending, says, "I'm not comparing the situation to children," I'm just like, "Um, yes you are?  You just completely contradicted yourself in one breath.  Is there something wrong with the sound on my TV?" Margaret really thinks she's a smart, savvy woman, but she's really just the one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.  I can't stand her anymore.

How about Margaret's defense against the allegation that she slept with a married man (which is common knowledge) is that prostitutes sleep with married men, and Danielle has slept with a lot more married men than she?  I don't even know how to make heads or tails of that.  It's complete nonsense.  Can't Margaret and Danielle both be prostitutes?  In what world is there only one prostitute?  

Based on this episode, I'm going to need my English-to-Margaret/Margaret-to-English dictionary to be overnighted, while Teresa's can wait for Christmas.  Also, oil and vinegar is an apt metaphor.  When you pull that Paul Newman shit out of the refrigerator, all the oil is at the top and the vinegar at the bottom and you have to shake it.  

Danielle didn't call Margaret a whore either.  She completely made that up.  Maybe she has a guilty conscience.

I'm not getting into Dolores's hypocrisy about needing a commitment to live with someone, Melissa and Jackie and their disgusting manners with the broken glass, or how awful and wretched Danielle is.  All of my fellow posters did such a good job of that already.

May I just offer a theory as to why Teresa keeps hanging out with Danielle?  Guilt? Teresa went after Danielle physcially three separate times because Danielle asked her to pay attention, stated that Teresa's house was in foreclosure and because Danielle asked Teresa if she visited her nephew in the hospital.  And while Teresa is supposed to be an adult with a mind of her own, she wasn't, so Teresa let the Manzo sisters wind her up about Danielle for no good reason.  Upon reflection and maybe her time in prison, plus with Danielle being there for Teresa when her mom died, maybe it made Teresa permanently soft on Danielle or something.

I know Teresa doesn't feel adequate remorse for the crimes she and her husband committed, but I do think there is a difference between fraud and putting your hands on someone.  I know I would have much more trouble sleeping at night if I had attacked someone a bunch of times for no real reason, except that I wanted money and fame than if I, say, found a wallet, but didn't return the money (not that I've done either).  And if that's the truth, it's manifesting in blind loyalty (are you listening, Dolores?), which is not healthy.  Teresa made her amends.  She went to Danielle's house and apologized, and later apologized to the other daughter.  I don't think it's healthy or good for the show for Teresa to keep bringing her around.  I'm just offering an explanation of perhaps why she's doing it.

Also, Satan Andy thrives on brutal conflict.

I know I took a lot of hits at Margaret, but my least favorite is still Melissa.  Her phoniness gives me a visceral reaction.  I liked Margaret, and I'm sure I could like her again if she went back to her old self.  Melissa can just dance her way off the show if I had it my way.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Typos again
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, sATL said:

Even though Gia might have wrote and was expressing what she felt - part of me thinks that "someone" encouraged her to go to SM to express about how good of a father Juicy is to the girls. 

All of the "my father..." sentences. " he hasn't looked or felt this good since his 30s".... hmmm

At 18 - SM is usually for your friends -discussing teen stuff (clothes, makeup, songs, next chapter stuff, etc)....  I would think Gia would be keeping her parents legal troubles under wraps as best as she could..ie not something she wants them to replay/repost for the next 24 hours..

gia_guidace.PNG.3aaf4bdc75af883e6a56c398795666b6.PNG

In addition to the type of cases the Supreme Court even reviews for consideration, one of the other things I wish someone would say to Gia is that this is not how naturalization works.  At all.  I was curious as to what Tre's WWHL response to Andy was going to be when he asked if she was gonna write to 45 on Joe's behalf.  I looked at my screen like

giphy.gif

if she says she's gonna get in touch with the white house is Andy gonna be the one to tell her that an actual matter of constitutional debate right now is whether or not the gov't will allow the nearly 1 million law abiding dreamers who "came into this country when he was one year(s) old" to stay?  and b) she knows how to write a letter?  

3 hours ago, nr65000 said:

As a "mature" lady my own self, I truly don't want to be age shaming, and I'm not...but I have to say that I have never seen cheeks quite as close to poking out of someone's face as Danielle/Beverly's.  The scene with her and Theresa in the car was alarming and I don't know what they are using for filler out there in New Jersey but it's .... a lot to take in.  They both just look so harsh and Danielle/Beverly looks uneven, dare I even say lumpy?  It just looks terrible to me.  I have no bone to pick with cosmetic procedures and would happily (and have) done everything I could (afford) to do to try and look my best.  I'm just confused because it would seem these women have the funds to afford the best procedures and the best providers and it doesn't seem like they are being well served in this arena.  

Because we're studying the wrong pair of cheeks.  This chick has had 5 decent looking, wealthy fiances in a row.   In. A. Row. ya'll.    The crazy is upfront, the emerging market plastic surgery is apparent and yet.  She has gotten to keep five Harry Winston stunnas (says me).  Say what we will, the girl knows how to make that tootsie roll.   Note to self, check Walmart $1 bin for "tha book".

2 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I actually didn't mind watching this episode.  Jen was more real this ep as others stated. The daughter may be getting bullied bc of TV exposure so that's sad. Beverley AKA "Danielle" is really a piece of work. I think her ears are getting really freaky looking bc she likely had some facelift or heaven knows what procedures but she's looking worse for the wear. I don't know how she gets any "men" much less wealthy ones or poaches them from other women. I don't care how good the Beej's are or whatever she does. You have to be able to *look* at the person and she is looking like a sci-fi character.  

The Tree ass-kissing has to end. It is sad. Delores is the only one who seems to come across authentic. And Marge, i have to say. They are who they are in any situation. I just don't think a high risk OB/GYN worth his salt is going to appear on this franchise.  He kind of creeps me out. He should've stayed off camera. Big Frank seems jealous but he's another shady character. Jackie is annoying still but she wasn't invited to a "Tree-centered" event bc as long as Tree has a say in it, Jackie will have limited scenes on "HER" show. The kids should be off camera to grieve the father's absence. Gia continues to annoy. I see there is animosity and antagonistic behavior between her and Milania. It's going to be another Tree and Joe adult situation all over again unfortunately. Very sad. Gia really did pick up the worst from Tree.

Nope.  lol!!  Gurrrrl.   Did you hear what I said about a tootsie roll?  Let's think of this another way.   What is the term used to describe a woman with a bangin ass body but whom is not facially attractive?  Right, she's called a buttaface.   How/why did that come to be a term with assigned meaning?  Yeah, men.  Please excuse the generalization, but when it comes to their top priority, in the moment, literally, nuttin else matters (don't go back, I meant it lol).   Faces are for dudes who wanna fall in love.  

3 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

I did too-it felt weird. But I liked her talking to her daughter (who I felt so bad for-having food thrown at her? What horrible children) & I LOVED her calling out & calling Danielle “Beverly”. Then she gave Tre a cute wink when she corrected her on the oil & vinegar comment. Like I said it felt weird but I think there was a full moon. 

Reveal spoiler

Danielle is horrid. I can’t wait until she gets booted for putting her hands on Marge. About time Bravo. Also-I read she is back with Marty. He’s a fool. 

Danielle isn’t even good hate watching like Jen usually is-she is like Jim Marchese. Just useless & hateful. 

It's somehow even shittier than it sounds.  The former friend didn't have the balls to throw the food herself, she told a minion (I wanna say Gabriella said, the girl's boyfriend* was directed to do it).  Horrifying.  Like march my ass up to the school, sneak into the bathroom, wait all day crouching tiger hidden dragon style, fight a child, horrifying.  How she described it? Ya'll.  When a baby sheds a lone, fat, Glory-tear?  Oh my God.  That's somehow worse to me than if they shoulder shake sob.   A fair number of us here are parents, what, if anything, would ya'll do about this?  Half of me thought:  I'd ask the moms over for coffee and see if they even knew what was happening and find out if we could help the girls solve it.  The other half of me was like fuck em, you don't ever want to be friends with a bish who could *Carrie* you with a carton of chocolate milk.   I'm nonchalant about most of these people, but I'm being for real, that was hard to watch.  Especially because Gabriella's the only one of Jennifer's children I don't think is an asshole.   

*{{IKEA commercial mom-narrator voice}} boyfriend?  isn't 11 the 6th grade? Who authorized this?? 

tenor.gif?itemid=7838692

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
umbrage
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Are we supposed to know who Rosanna and/or Rosanna are?   Team Random People We Won’t Even Introduce to You.  

I was wondering if either of them was on before, like on that nightmare trip to Vermont where Tre's friend and Jacqueline got into it. I don't remember her friends' names but I was thinking maybe we have seen them before and that could be it?? Anyone who cares more than me know?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I found Gia to be a bit obnoxious when she was younger, but she was forced to mature when Tre "went away".  I typically like Gia now, but it was very selfish to hog Joe during the phone call, and they didn't even bother calling poor Audriana down so she could at least hear her father's voice.  Why the hell wasn't the call on speaker?  

I thought Audriana had already left? She appeared to be dressed in dance attire; and I think Tre said something to her father about taking the kid to dance? But I did wonder about speaker. Make it easier. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I don't care for Jenn, but I was loving her when she was telling the story about how she called Danielle Beverly. And that she didn't invite her to the party because it was a business event and she didn't need anyone acting crazy.

I laughed at Marge saying Danielle got engaged to a "Duke" with the finger quotes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I still think Bravo paid for the glass since they aired it but Melissa said on WWHL she didn't pay for glass and was never contacted about it. She also couldn't remember the last time she spoke to Kathy or Rosie because it's been a while. But they were oh so close plotting to get on the show how could it be? 😉 Rich wasn't mentioned because the question was Kathy/Rosie but he's probably the most bitter about being dropped imo. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Yeah, Joe did not write a book.  Joe didn't draft a book.  Do I think Joe had some medium-length interviews over the phone with a ghost-writer?  Eh, I think "medium-length" might be a little too long for his attention span...

So according to Amazon someone named Kristen McGuiness co-wrote the book with him (I guess) soooo IDK who did the majority of writing. 

Ok I'll admit it I kinda like Jennifer now.  IDK why but she just seems more fun now.  And it helps that she can see what an awful cow Danielle is

• Love 7
19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I seriously hate Teresa for using her children's pain over this deportation issue as a storyline. I get that it's her life and it's relevant. But don't make the girls film during this time. I feel uncomfortable watching Milania trying to have privacy and Tre banging on her door with the cameras in tow. 

The last book, from ANY Housewives show, that I want to read is fucking Joe Go's success story. 

Does Delores not get the irony of saying she won't live with a guy without a commitment....when she's literally living a guy who broke his commitment to her? 

Melissa breaking the glass in the store and not saying anything. I have no words. So immature and irresponsible. Forget the cost; someone could get hurt. 

Melissa's behaviour after that glass breaking was unbelievable. Such a classy bunch.

Joey rote a book! Sure that's gonna be a NY Times best seller.

7 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Reveal spoiler

From this moment on, I hereby will be referring to Danielle as Beverley since she hates it so much. I can't even look at her - she really is a buttaface, and I don't think she was all that bad until she started getting it all jacked up.

I am hot and cold on Margaret. I can't stand her when she is filming with her mother or her housekeeper. But she I think is one of the ones that actually does have triple digit smarts and makes some sensible observations. I was giving her major side eye when she was buddied up with Beverley last year, but she has redeemed herself - for now.

• Love 9

RE: the newest author Joey.... I just had to look up... what was this mess...'

from amazon - $19.99 ( link )

Paperback: 167 pages

Publisher: Light Hustle Publishing (March 5, 2019)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 173250086X  ISBN-13: 978-1732500860

{ he probably should have also had an Italian version}

and now I know why Carlos Bakery was featured and at the book signing..

image.png.981e3dc2951f9f6beb546c4784cee434.png

on the back cover...

"From the inner city of Paterson, New Jersey to real estate mogul and real husband of New Jersey, Joe Gorga has learned how to build an empire from the ground up. In The Gorga Guide to Success, Gorga shows how to succeed in business, in marriage, and in life by following timeless, old school rules to living with passion, remaining humble, and never giving up. Gorga understood early on that you "gotta have balls" in order to get ahead. From his first job selling papers to his first forays into business, he learned from his immigrant Italian parents how to work hard, negotiate the best deals, and always keep “two feet in one boot,” which have helped lead him to real estate success.As one of the stars of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, Gorga now applies those same principles to his family, his marriage, and his unexpected stardom. The Gorga Guide to Success offers real-world lessons in how to navigate everything from real estate deals to relationships… and how to turn any good idea into an empire"

My DVR also taped somekind of SM episode with little pop-ups where this little tidbit regarding JoeGog married life ( link2)--- I'm at a loss for this...

• if true - I feel sorry for melissa (not to mention setting a precedent/expectation ).
  • if not true, he's one sick man for even saying such a thing as part of an interview...

And what was the reason for the 1st day, after 10 years?  Melissa had a headache? On her period? Equipment failure?

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

So according to Amazon someone named Kristen McGuiness co-wrote the book with him (I guess) soooo IDK who did the majority of writing.

There is a big self-publsihing firm near where Ilive so I checked to see if it was involved.  It wasn't.  I have no knowledge regarding the actual publisher, but I did get a kick out of its name!

2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Ok I'll admit it I kinda like Jennifer now.  IDK why but she just seems more fun now.

I can't deny she's ostentatious, but she is one of the housewives who seems to genuinely be enjoying herself.  That  redeems her in my eyes.   She doesn't seem to need the money to get by, so it's my guess her main reason for being there is to provide some additional publicity for the practice.  If  there is any truth to that it would put her in a more confortable position than a lot of others who it seems are desperate to hold on to their Bravo paychecks.  She might be able to afford to be more genuine and that should make her more appealing as time goes by and she becomes more comffortable being in front of the cameras.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, kicksave said:

That was heartbreaking...girls at that age can be so cruel. It doesn't help that her mom is on a show like this saying and doing things that are embarrassing and cringe worthy to a girl that age...it sort of sets her up for problems with other kids. Where are the adults who should be monitoring the cafeteria? Putting this out on national TV might be a problem for her today at school. She seems like a sweet girl and this will follow her for years...it can really affect a girl's self esteem and self worth. There was a great book that came out a few years back about middle school/high school girls and the affect that cliques and bullying has on them...it was called "Queen Bees and Wannabes" and it was the basis of the movie "Mean Girls". Jennifer should read this.

Cafeteria monitoring is probably one of the toughest when it comes to managing the kids.  Schools have the hardest time finding support staff and an even harder time finding subs.  Add in the student to staff ratio (one district I sub for is roughly 100 kids at lunch to 3 to 4 adults).  

You try to constantly rove, but kids are smart.  They figure out things like window of opportunity, wait for when your back is turned.  Add in victims and witnesses not wanting to say anything because they fear repercussions from their peers.

I was standing less than 5 feet away from the girl with chocolate milk.  It happened so fast.  One minute shes standing there with the school milk carton and BAM! It's being poured over another girl's head.

The 3rd grade class I was subbing for (we were waiting to enter Art) was outraged!  And staring at the milk pourer with Shannon Beador judgy eyes. 

They may have actually received consequences for their actions, but may have been edited out of the show.  I would hope she said something and Jennifer follows up to make sure the school knew.

6 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

It's somehow even shittier than it sounds.  The former friend didn't have the balls to throw the food herself, she told a minion (I wanna say Gabriella said, the girl's boyfriend* was directed to do it).  Horrifying.  Like march my ass up to the school, sneak into the bathroom, wait all day crouching tiger hidden dragon style, fight a child, horrifying.  How she described it? Ya'll.  When a baby sheds a lone, fat, Glory-tear?  Oh my God.  That's somehow worse to me than if they shoulder shake sob.   A fair number of us here are parents, what, if anything, would ya'll do about this?  Half of me thought:  I'd ask the moms over for coffee and see if they even knew what was happening and find out if we could help the girls solve it.  The other half of me was like fuck em, you don't ever want to be friends with a bish who could *Carrie* you with a carton of chocolate milk.   I'm nonchalant about most of these people, but I'm being for real, that was hard to watch.  Especially because Gabriella's the only one of Jennifer's children I don't think is an asshole.   

*{{IKEA commercial mom-narrator voice}} boyfriend?  isn't 11 the 6th grade? Who authorized this?? 

tenor.gif?itemid=7838692

I will always associate the bolded sentence with that girl.  ALWAYS!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, kicksave said:

Where are the adults who should be monitoring the cafeteria?

I did an extended stint as a cafeteria/playground monitor once upon a time.  Itis a level of hell. This was in the "good school" in town, the one with the educated parents and very few kids on subsidized lunches.  They were well aware that they could get away with murder because for the most part their parent(s) or guardians refused to believe their angels capable of any sort of wrongdoing and would give the principal hell if their kids were reported for anything.  It is beyond difficult to maintain discipline under those circumstances.  The teachers were on their own breaks and didn't wan't to be bothered even if they were available unless something truly horrific was going on.  Too few adults in a room stuffed full of rambunctious kids...maintaining order was as easy as collecting water with a sieve.

Eyes can't be everywhere at once.  Kids are smart and choose their moments.   Trust me, I don't believe in the days of getting swatted with rulers, etc., but things have taken a far turn from that putting school administrators in a tough place when it comes to discipline.  The social game at school can be a jungle already during K-6.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Cafeteria monitoring is probably one of the toughest when it comes to managing the kids.  Schools have the hardest time finding support staff and an even harder time finding subs.  Add in the student to staff ratio (one district I sub for is roughly 100 kids at lunch to 3 to 4 adults).  

You try to constantly rove, but kids are smart.  They figure out things like window of opportunity, wait for when your back is turned.  Add in victims and witnesses not wanting to say anything because they fear repercussions from their peers.

I was standing less than 5 feet away from the girl with chocolate milk.  It happened so fast.  One minute shes standing there with the school milk carton and BAM! It's being poured over another girl's head.

The 3rd grade class I was subbing for (we were waiting to enter Art) was outraged!  And staring at the milk pourer with Shannon Beador judgy eyes. 

They may have actually received consequences for their actions, but may have been edited out of the show.  I would hope she said something and Jennifer follows up to make sure the school knew.

I will always associate the bolded sentence with that girl.  ALWAYS!

Sounds like chow time in a state prison!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Someone needs to tell Joe Go that's not a book, that's a pamphlet.  Somehow I doubt he wrote it, unless wrote is a euphemism for babbled some crap that someone formed into sentences .

As always in RHoMelbourne, Gamble Breaux' epic takedown of Pettifleur's book is still the gold standard. Gamble called the book a pamphlet and half literate scribblings. It's probably applicable to Joe's "book."

17 hours ago, sATL said:

8 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

In addition to the type of cases the Supreme Court even reviews for consideration, one of the other things I wish someone would say to Gia is that this is not how naturalization works.  At all.  I was curious as to what Tre's WWHL response to Andy was going to be when he asked if she was gonna write to 45 on Joe's behalf.  I looked at my screen like

giphy.gif

if she says she's gonna get in touch with the white house is Andy gonna be the one to tell her that an actual matter of constitutional debate right now is whether or not the gov't will allow the nearly 1 million law abiding dreamers who "came into this country when he was one year(s) old" to stay?  and b) she knows how to write a letter?  

I am not a fan of this child who thinks she's grown AND brilliant. Gia has been on social media for more than a year about what a gross injustice Joe's deportation is and how it's a biased double-standard that spanish speaking immigrants have been allowed to stay. And when she wasn't busy saying this she's been pointing her followers to people who have said these things. She's been a dog whistling know-it-all. I'm not really surprised. Her parents are morons so she thinks she's brilliant because she's smarter than the imbeciles who raised her. They've also been far too candid with Gia about subjects she has no business knowing about like the animosity between Teresa and Juicy and Melissa, JoeGo, Kathy, Rosie, Rich, and Mama Pierri. 

https://pagesix.com/2018/10/13/gia-giudice-wants-to-fight-joes-deportation/

The involvement of their children in adult feuds is my least favorite aspect of this franchise and it's basically been there since the beginning. It's completely reprehensible.

I don't think the White House reviews requests communicated in finger paints or cave painting pictographs.

12 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I don’t like criticizing anyone’s looks but, how long before Tre’s hairline meets her eyebrows?

I thought she had been threading it back for years so she didn't look so much like a rogue human sympathizer from the Planet of the Apes.

• Love 13