Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: The Great Duggar Campout

Sew Sumi
  • Start Topic

31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And this is the episode when Lauren announces her pregnancy. Just like Kendra last week, cat's out of the bag on that one.

can't wait to find out how many days pregnant she is..

as mournful she is, I also amazed she stopped reminiscing along enough to have sex... did someone have to coach her to try again to become pregnant?  I wonder how much fun that "hot" session..

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Bear with me folks as I didn’t attend SOTDRT, so I’m struggling with the math here.   On Feb 11, Lauren posted that she had suffered a miscarriage (after finding herself pregnant 2 months prior)... In both the show and the magazine articles, they claim that they tried for “months” to conceive again.  Baby was born November 8th.   So, how exactly did it take “months” to conceive again?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

And thus, the lying liars lie again.  Her IG post from February specifically says 2 months ago 🙄🙄

Thou shalt not bear false witness must just apply to non Duggars.   My bad

Wouldn't November be 3 months from February and not 2? Like, December would be 2 months? So, technically, it is multiple months, so "taking months" is not false, though I agree with you that the way it is phrased makes it sound much longer. It strikes me as drama queen exaggeration combined with poor math skills on her part. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Bear with me folks as I didn’t attend SOTDRT, so I’m struggling with the math here.   On Feb 11, Lauren posted that she had suffered a miscarriage (after finding herself pregnant 2 months prior)... In both the show and the magazine articles, they claim that they tried for “months” to conceive again.  Baby was born November 8th.   So, how exactly did it take “months” to conceive again?  

Saying “months” sounds more dramatic.

• Love 6

It would be about 4 months from October to February... February is about 9 months ahead of November.

4-5 months is considered a perfectly reasonable amount of time to be trying for a baby.  If the couple/woman is under 35, it's a full year before any kind of infertility is diagnosed. Even for women over 35, it's 6 months before any kind of infertility is diagnosed. (In both cases, exceptions might be made for women with known complications like PCOS.) 

Most doctors and medical professionals recommend waiting 6 weeks-3months to start trying again after a miscarriage.  It gives the body time to heal. 

So Lauren is indeed being melodramatic with the "it took us months". 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

It would be about 4 months from October to February... February is about 9 months ahead of November.

4-5 months is considered a perfectly reasonable amount of time to be trying for a baby.  If the couple/woman is under 35, it's a full year before any kind of infertility is diagnosed. Even for women over 35, it's 6 months before any kind of infertility is diagnosed. (In both cases, exceptions might be made for women with known complications like PCOS.) 

Most doctors and medical professionals recommend waiting 6 weeks-3months to start trying again after a miscarriage.  It gives the body time to heal. 

So Lauren is indeed being melodramatic with the "it took us months". 

Lauren melodramatic? No...lol

• LOL 16
5 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Did anyone else notice that the sign outside the leasing office said something like “filming locations 100 properties”?  The seminary house was always the only choice.

Was it explained why JinJer get to use the seminary-provided house vs. some other student? Or does the school own multiple homes? (I don't watch the show - no cable.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

Was it explained why JinJer get to use the seminary-provided house vs. some other student? Or does the school own multiple homes? (I don't watch the show - no cable.)

Well, they probably don't own 600 houses, which is how many they'd need....So a lot of people are getting left out, in any case. 

According to the anti-accreditation complaints, it's simply par for the course for MacArthur to decide who he just lurves and then give them all sorts of stuff....while everybody else gets zip zilch nada. So I'm guessing that's the deal here. Just seminary business as usual. 

My guess for why Jer would be picked for favors is -- a) big social-media following and other fame and b) MacArthur loves having his ass kissed and ass kissing is one of Jeremy's primary talents. 

Just a current version of a very old story, I suppose...

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

I just hope Jessa's love of un-monitored home births didn't somehow damage poor Henry's brain in some way? Josie is more mature than Jackson..there is something wrong with that boy, plus he is so small! Ma and Pa Kettle are front and center once again, including the stink bus.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I really really enjoyed tonight's episode of House Hunters with that young man in the seminary and his wife and daughter.  I would've picked the historic apartment though.

It probably is like house hunters where they already had made the choice.   The other two places could just be vacant and not available in real life.  I did like the historic apartment, although I knew it was too small for them and not open enough for them.  It looks like the house came partially furnished;  I expect they will be able to stay as long as this show continues.  I can't see them moving into anything smaller because filming, you know.

That first A frame game looked like it would be much easier to do if you saw it done so the second team really had an advantage.  The other game I have done before.

I think they are trying to go back to the original formula for the show--Michelle and JB doing most of the narration and a family outing which is, of course, different because of the number of people and better because  Duggars, you know. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 7

Michelle looked so dumpy at the camp ground. And I believe we were treated to her wearing  the green top again! I realize she is short, but hopefully her "headship" is fine with her putting on some of the all too common menopause pounds around her mid section. (I have them as well, just pointing out she is also showing her age) JB looks like a slob as well....as we saw when he fell in the water! Too much of the parents.

• Love 10

I couldn't stand the couples doing their good-bye kisses when the guys were leaving to do their thing in the woods.  Especially JB & Mechelle being shown more than the other couples doing their kissing dip thing.  I think there was another quick shot of Josiah pointing to his lips as he was looking afar at Lauren like he was telling her he wanted a kiss.  Gross all around . Just Blech. 

I guess Mechelle grilling the hot dogs & burgers was an F/U Internet moment.  ( see folks, she does do the cooking kind of thing).  She even had her apron on so we would be sure not to miss her.

I felt  sorry for Jordyn (or whatever Lost girl it was) when Mechelle announced she would be in charge of the Littles. 

JB really hates Josiah. There was definitely no love in the side hug he gave him when they announced the new blessing.  Mechelle jumped right up & headed over to J &L and JB had the look like "Oh, I better go join her & act like I care."

• Love 17
18 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I really really enjoyed tonight's episode of House Hunters with that young man in the seminary and his wife and daughter.  I would've picked the historic apartment though.

“Props” to them. It is as fake as the original.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

I watched this and the Plathville one last night. The contrast between the second generations is stunning. I have my doubts about the truthfulness about the Plaths’ story but the development of the kids is so much more realistic than the Duggars. The P kids demonstrate ambition, curiosity, mild rebellion, and even speak somewhat candidly about how their upbringing has impacted them.  The entire Duggar second generation demonstrates...nothing. They don’t do anything, don’t learn anything, don’t WANT to learn anything, have no imagination about their own futures. 

I'm surprised that every autocratic regime on the planet hasn't called up JB and Meeechelle and brought them in for a consultation. Because they appear to be the most successful brainwashers  in history. 

• Love 8
On 11/12/2019 at 11:13 PM, flyingdi said:

I agree, it was the best one, especially since NO WAY OMG NO WAY CHARLIE CHAPLIN (may or may not have) LIVED THERE!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /s

I agree with the others who think Jinger had no idea who Charlie Chaplin was until Jeremy and/or Google informed her.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I watched this and the Plathville one last night. The contrast between the second generations is stunning. I have my doubts about the truthfulness about the Plaths’ story but the development of the kids is so much more realistic than the Duggars. The P kids demonstrate ambition, curiosity, mild rebellion, and even speak somewhat candidly about how their upbringing has impacted them.  The entire Duggar second generation demonstrates...nothing. They don’t do anything, don’t learn anything, don’t WANT to learn anything, have no imagination about their own futures. 

I don't know if it has anything to do with but the Duggar kids were a lot younger when they went on TV.  I imagine that actually helped the parents.

Edited by flyingdi
Gooder English
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, CDC said:

I agree, it was the best one, especially since NO WAY OMG NO WAY CHARLIE CHAPLIN (may or may not have) LIVED THERE!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /s

I agree with the others who think Jinger had no idea who Charlie Chaplin was until Jeremy and/or Google informed her.

Referring to Chaplin's house, Jinger said, "Maybe living here will help our career".

Huh?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Calibabydolly said:

Michelle looked so dumpy at the camp ground. And I believe we were treated to her wearing  the green top again! I realize she is short, but hopefully her "headship" is fine with her putting on some of the all too common menopause pounds around her mid section. (I have them as well, just pointing out she is also showing her age) JB looks like a slob as well....as we saw when he fell in the water! Too much of the parents.

Have not seen this episode yet.  Are you referring to the ancient sacred green shirt?  That thing should be in tatters by now! 

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

Their church pastor posted this in April, they are wearing the same outfits from the episode.

Wow, MacArthur sickening-level-of-favoritism right there on tv. 600 guys in that seminary....and Jer gets "the ministry house" because he's just new in LA.....exactly like at least 150 other guys in his class....who didn't get "the ministry house." 

And I've heard his sermons. If he got it because he's one of the most able and promising seminarians, I'll eat my hat and the Pope's hat, too. He got it because his wife he is already famous... and them that has (and kisses ass) gets. 

And she's famous because her parents got a salary by enslaving their children into a freak show (now with intra- and inter-family child molestation that's swept under the rug) based on giving wide public exposure (and some credibility) to a theology that virtually everybody else (including these people) considers about the worst and dumbest theology anyone could devise. 

So ridiculous. And the very opposite of fair. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 23
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Referring to Chaplin's house, Jinger said, "Maybe living here will help our career".

Huh?

Could not believe they included that comment.  Perilously close to the truth -- don't they know we're watching a reality show here?  

Very aggravated the show is almost entirely migrated back to the 19K iteration in all but name.  Crediting Jana with the idea for family fun time and organizing the games doesn't cover up what's really happening.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, CDC said:

Ironically the minute they showed the exterior the first thing that came to mind was the exterior of the Charlie Chaplin Studios in Hollywood, later the Muppet Studios.  I wonder if that's how the rumor got started? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 11/13/2019 at 7:11 PM, Churchhoney said:

I'm surprised that every autocratic regime on the planet hasn't called up JB and Meeechelle and brought them in for a consultation. Because they appear to be the most successful brainwashers  in history. 

Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow is too busy making worldly rap music about his horses. Plus he lives openly with his mistress. I'm sure JB and Meech would be 100% out of their element. 

They might fit in better with Ramzan Kadyrov though and his strict adherence to jender roles. 

• LOL 3

I was surprised the Duggars had no trouble with the area being called Devil's Den, with JB even saying the name.  I once worked with someone who was a member of a very strict religion and she would refuse to say the word "devil" or eat anything that had the word in it.  She wouldn't touch deviled eggs, devil's food cake, Little Debbie Devil Twin cakes, etc.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I was surprised the Duggars had no trouble with the area being called Devil's Den, with JB even saying the name.  I once worked with someone who was a member of a very strict religion and she would refuse to say the word "devil" or eat anything that had the word in it.  She wouldn't touch deviled eggs, devil's food cake, Little Debbie Devil Twin cakes, etc.  

MIchelle changed the name of deviled eggs.

https://people.com/food/michelle-duggar-family-deviled-eggs-yellow-pocket-angel-eggs-easter-2019/

• LOL 9
  • Love 2