Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

jewel21

S03.E06: Nurses' Day

Recommended Posts

On National Nurses’ Day, Chastain’s nurses are severely understaffed and overworked, leaving them all feeling exhausted and under-appreciated. Cain performs a dangerous surgery on a new patient he won in a game of poker. Meanwhile, Conrad discovers that his father has been administered the same drug that he fears played a role in Jessie’s death. The Raptor comes face-to-face with his birth mother for the first time and Irving attempts to take the next step in his relationship with Jessica.

Airdate: 11.12.2019

Share this post


Link to post

The whole justice for Jessie storyline is boring. I didn’t care about her when she was around and I don’t care enough to know if it had to do with the test drug. What’s the point of Cain. He’s annoying. Has Conrad always been so...skeevy?

That cheesy grin after every line is creepy. 

Edited by Rabithed · Reason: Spelling
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

Nooo, not Jessica! Why is it always people I like? Why not the new surgeon?

It's Morris Chestnut. He would not allow that to happen to his character.

  • Love 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I agree with the Justice for Jessie storyline- I don’t care about her alive or dead.

Blah show with Jessica. She better not die!

I liked AJ meeting his mom. I can understand why she gave him up, and I’m glad that he’s willing to give her a chance.

Devon has looked extra hot this season. He needs a new love interest ASAP.

Kit continues to be awesome.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 6

Share this post


Link to post

I don't see how anyone would want to work at Chastain, at this point. I was thinking about it while watching the episode, but people should be running from Chastain, with all the really major problems that they have. Between Lane poisoning perfectly healthy people, the whole medical device company stuff, the drug issue with Jessie, and now nurses being overworked, not to mention the several shady doctors and board members for the hospital....I would advise anyone to run far, far away from this hospital. It's too many problems, at this point, and I know I forgot a whole bunch. 

I really like Jessica. We may not see her a lot, but I like her, so I hope she doesn't die. We already had Bradley die, and he was fantastic. Let's hope she doesn't die either.

Justice for Jessie...bleh. She wasn't all that great. 

I like Kit and I like the tension with Cain, even though I hate Cain. But it really feels like they're heading toward a potential hook-up storyline. Again, it feels like there's that love triangle with Bell brewing and I'm just waiting for it to kick off.

The adoption storyline is the best. I think this may be the best adoption storyline I've seen on a show. It's handled so well. I remember not liking AJ back when he showed up in season 1 but now? He may be my favourite character, next to Mina. 

  • Love 8

Share this post


Link to post

I might be in left field but between kit and Dr. Cain... I'm going with Dr. Cain... He's arrogant but he's backed up most of his talk... She seemed determined to dislike him before they met and is always looking for a reason to be angry with him.. And now she's entering some weird agreement with him just to spy and take him down... If the show wanted me on her  side... They haven't done their job

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

I might be in left field but between kit and Dr. Cain... I'm going with Dr. Cain... He's arrogant but he's backed up most of his talk... She seemed determined to dislike him before they met and is always looking for a reason to be angry with him.. And now she's entering some weird agreement with him just to spy and take him down... If the show wanted me on her  side... They haven't done their job

Well, the question has never been if Cain is an effective doctor. He saves lives, and he's good at it. The question is where his moral compass points to. Yes, that may not be needed if you're a surgeon, but his attitude about patients in general and how they're only a means to an end, with that end being money, is what is the bigger issue with people like Kit. 

I mean, Kit has saved lives as well, and is just as good as Cain is in HER field, but the difference for her is that she cares about her patients.

See how Cain didn't answer his phone for hours, long enough for Kit to take his patient into surgery to fix him. Also see what happened during 3x04 with the patient, Hades. Because he dismissed Hades' psych evaluation, he missed the part where Hades was the primary. He cared more about getting a win with the surgery. So Cain has proven that he can be a great doctor, but one who has made mistakes. 

Kit is a great doctor as well. That's not to say she hasn't made mistakes either, because she has. 

But you can't really choose between Cain and Kit because they're in two separate fields. Kit's in ortho, Cain's in neuro. Cain may be charming, which is good for the patients who only need to see him for a few minutes, but Kit is just as good with her patients. 

Kit's issue with Cain IS his attitude about patient care, and that IS a problem. Just like Cain has had a problem with Kit since they first met as well. But we also have seen that Cain tries to fit in too much. We saw how overworked the nurses were in this episode, and they make comments that it's due to Cain booking back to back to back surgeries. So Cain can do his job, but there are other aspects that he is failing at. So I can't blame Kit for not liking him. 

  • Love 9

Share this post


Link to post

All Cain cares about is being a superstar.

I'm just hoping that he and Kit don't hook up, although it wouldn't surprise me since that's standard on these medical dramas.   

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, the question has never been if Cain is an effective doctor. He saves lives, and he's good at it. The question is where his moral compass points to. Yes, that may not be needed if you're a surgeon, but his attitude about patients in general and how they're only a means to an end, with that end being money, is what is the bigger issue with people like Kit. 

I mean, Kit has saved lives as well, and is just as good as Cain is in HER field, but the difference for her is that she cares about her patients.

See how Cain didn't answer his phone for hours, long enough for Kit to take his patient into surgery to fix him. Also see what happened during 3x04 with the patient, Hades. Because he dismissed Hades' psych evaluation, he missed the part where Hades was the primary. He cared more about getting a win with the surgery. So Cain has proven that he can be a great doctor, but one who has made mistakes. 

Kit is a great doctor as well. That's not to say she hasn't made mistakes either, because she has. 

But you can't really choose between Cain and Kit because they're in two separate fields. Kit's in ortho, Cain's in neuro. Cain may be charming, which is good for the patients who only need to see him for a few minutes, but Kit is just as good with her patients. 

Kit's issue with Cain IS his attitude about patient care, and that IS a problem. Just like Cain has had a problem with Kit since they first met as well. But we also have seen that Cain tries to fit in too much. We saw how overworked the nurses were in this episode, and they make comments that it's due to Cain booking back to back to back surgeries. So Cain can do his job, but there are other aspects that he is failing at. So I can't blame Kit for not liking him. 

That Hades storyline was interesting to watch and the twist really surprised me. 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wished they'd gone more into why the spinal surgery was a bad idea. They showed us what went wrong (I was expecting the issue to have been Jessica made a mistake after scrubbing into one surgery too many, but apparently they were saving the consequences of her exhaustion for later), but not enough about the patient himself.

(Although I did laugh at said patient finding out about the poker game and just rolling with it, and Kit's subsequent exasperation.)

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post

If it hadn't been mentioned (and brief glance at the banner), I wouldn't have known it was Nurses Day!   Other than that -

Glad to see Conrad's dad make an appearance.  Quid pro quo with the CEO??--reminiscent of real life at the moment, lol!!

Enough about Jessie - storyline should have died with her

Could do without Irving and Jessica

Devon & Conrad - just get this over with and end this tension between them.   It's fine to have professional difference but do we have to have a challenge on everything.

Actually, happy that Raptor's birth mother is an honorable, accomplished, kind, and sane woman--at least for now, lol!   Her explanation was plausible and realistic; you could imagine the hurt/pain she felt wondering if every child might be he.   Great scene and good acting  on both parts.

Cain/Bell/Kit - Strange the patient didn't seem "bothered" that his surgery, by Cain, was won in a poker game.  But beyond that, I'm not sure where this dynamic is going between Cain and Kit and no, I'm not looking for a hook-up between them or triangle with Bell.    A poster mentioned Cain's moral compass; isn't that exactly what Bell was like in the initial seasons, e.g., arrogant but brilliant?  I haven't quite figured out why they've changed Bell's HODAD and unscrupulous character so much from the initial season through the Quo Vadis debacle--of which he escaped any scrutiny once again.   I keep thinking or waiting that the shoe will drop but seems like he's turned over a new leaf and they continue to bring other antagonists to the show.

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

Poor Jessica! And her boyfriend ER doctor. I too thought that she would make some mistake in the OR due to fatigue.

I wonder if airbags deployed? (They didn't show the accident scene yet.) I was thinking about that since there was an accident on 911 this week also, and I don't recall seeing the airbags. I know you can still get terribly injured or die, but I've also seen people walk away from pretty bad accidents because of modern safety features.

On a fashion note, was Conrad's suit supposed to fit him that way, or was it from when he was a teenager? I know he is lean and usually wears form-fitting stuff, but I thought he looked ridiculous. Maybe that is the style today and I am just out of it.

I am on team "we don't care about Jessie!"

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's funny that Conrad wearing a suit seems just as out of place as Cary Agos (the actor's previous character)  wearing anything but a suit on "The Good Wife".  I chalk that up to fine acting!

  • Love 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

You know, my favourite part of the episode was watching that gorgeous falcon fly and sweep toward the CEO on stage. What a stunning creature. I re-watched it three times. 

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, cathmed said:

A poster mentioned Cain's moral compass; isn't that exactly what Bell was like in the initial seasons, e.g., arrogant but brilliant?  I haven't quite figured out why they've changed Bell's HODAD and unscrupulous character so much from the initial season through the Quo Vadis debacle--of which he escaped any scrutiny once again.   I keep thinking or waiting that the shoe will drop but seems like he's turned over a new leaf and they continue to bring other antagonists to the show.

Not only has Bell's moral compass changed, they have completely glossed over his surgical performance from S1.   He's regularly seen scrubbing into surgeries.  The days of the trembling hands and endangering patients seem to be long forgotten.

As much as I like Kit and dislike Cain, she really put the hospital in jeopardy by spilling the beans about the card game to the patient.  Granted, the patient didn't seem to mind.  But now that complications have occurred, ambulance chasers would likely be lining up to represent the patient who was wagered in a poker game.    

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Not only has Bell's moral compass changed, they have completely glossed over his surgical performance from S1.   He's regularly seen scrubbing into surgeries.  The days of the trembling hands and endangering patients seem to be long forgotten.

I vaguely recall he started taking some pills that worked to still the trembling.  He had been afraid to take them because....?  But he finally did.

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, izabella said:

vaguely recall he started taking some pills that worked to still the trembling.  He had been afraid to take them because....?  But he finally did.

Thanks.  I did not remember that.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I haven't seen enough medically from Cain that warrants the way kit seems to go after him... Even in that thing with Hades it was more rushing to fix the problem than putting the patient in danger.. As others have stated.. Dr. Bell was out here botching surgeries.. This latest surgery if you take away the card game and the faulty device... Has the potential to keep kit's patient out of the hospital for good.. No more chronic pain.. And yeah he bills something crazy.. I know ima weirdo bit tv characters in media shows who never seem to care about money.. Weird me out.. Like doing any and everything no matter what proves you care more.. And that's just not always true

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, izabella said:

I vaguely recall he started taking some pills that worked to still the trembling.  He had been afraid to take them because....?  But he finally did.

I remember that; however, it was not a "cure-all".  As a matter of fact, he was getting the pills from another doctor who warned him about taking them and that this wasn't the answer.  Just seems like that part of the storyline has been forgotten as well.

  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/13/2019 at 7:30 PM, Ohwell said:

I'm just hoping that he and Kit don't hook up, although it wouldn't surprise me since that's standard on these medical dramas.   

Didn't she reunite with her ex-husband at the end of last season? I recall her and Bell talking about it.

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Didn't she reunite with her ex-husband at the end of last season? I recall her and Bell talking about it.

Yes, but usually on these medical dramas the antagonists wind up hooking up.  Not that it lasts, however.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, QueerGirrl said:

I liked the little info dump about Devon's ex fiance dating a superstar athlete in SF.  Good for her!

Yeah the only problem is that it is Colin Kapernick and every time she sets up a sex date he wants to change the venue.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/18/2019 at 9:06 PM, Ohwell said:

Yes, but usually on these medical dramas the antagonists wind up hooking up.  Not that it lasts, however.

In the case of Voss and Bell, I think a woman like her would be good for him, but a guy like him would be terrible for her, if you follow...

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size