Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Concours D'Elegance

• Start Topic

Count me in as another who doesn't like the insurance agent. I find her *obnoxious.  Also, it would appear that Nell is still running Operations.  Sorry, but telling us how great Hetty is as their boss and she's never there is ridiculous!  I love Hetty, but if Linda Hunt can't or doesn't want to show up any more, they should hire someone else to replace her.  It's completely unacceptable to think no one's in charge.  Also, did anyone notice that when Nell & Fatima were talking near the end of the episode, no one else was in the facility?  It was completely empty.  Does anyone work there anymore?  Compare that to regular NCIS.  The main room looks like Grand Central Station.  I also don't think Sam, Callan, Kensie and Deeks were all together in any scenes last night.  They might as well be on different shows. 

• Love 2

I wonder if the writers have finally gotten the message that the route they were going down was pathetic? 

This episode seemed more like the old formula. I too, hated the insurance lady, the auctioneer didn't sound like a regular auctioneer, but Nell sounded more like her own self, less whiney and panicky, which was so much better than the first 6 episodes.  

I think I could actually watch this episode again.  The first 6 episodes have been ultra ordinary and not warranted a second watching. nor could I even bother, but there were a couple of things I missed and would like to figure out.  

I must confess, I don't understand the Bruce Wang comment.  I know Bruce Wayne was Batman, but that is all I get.  Can someone please explain this?  I am sure I will have an OMG Doh! moment.  

3 minutes ago, Linda956 said:

Count me in as another who doesn't like the insurance agent. I find her *obnoxious.  Also, it would appear that Nell is still running Operations.  Sorry, but telling us how great Hetty is as their boss and she's never there is ridiculous!  I love Hetty, but if Linda Hunt can't or doesn't want to show up any more, they should hire someone else to replace her.  It's completely unacceptable to think no one's in charge.  Also, did anyone notice that when Nell & Fatima were talking near the end of the episode, no one else was in the facility?  It was completely empty.  Does anyone work there anymore?  Compare that to regular NCIS.  The main room looks like Grand Central Station.  I also don't think Sam, Callan, Kensie and Deeks were all together in any scenes last night.  They might as well be on different shows. 

Nell reminded me of the Nell in much earlier seasons when they seemed to be grooming her to replace Hetty.  

I think Sam, Callen, Kensi and Deeks did 1 scene totally together, at the boatshed.  Sam, Kensi and Deeks were together when they arrested the guy who drove the Ferrari.  but you're right, that was very strange.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I must confess, I don't understand the Bruce Wang comment.  I know Bruce Wayne was Batman, but that is all I get.  Can someone please explain this?  I am sure I will have an OMG Doh! moment.  

Deeks was working as male exotic dancer, thus Bruce Wang, as in male body part.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Oh man, that was a boring episode. It was "better" than other ones this season, but did anyone else notice how much standing/sitting around the characters did? I guess it's not an "action" show anymore. I mean, I rewatched it to see if I'd missed something, but nope - the first half was static (except for that quick chase) and then the second half was static except for the final 5-6 minutes.

Don't like Katherine. She's obnoxious. Still haven't seen Callen this season, but I'm guessing he got cloned during the off-season and it's just his body now. Bruce Wang? So Deeks because it's like middle school. And his working name was Jack from Titanic (hated that movie). Is that a hint that he's going to die or does it just mean he likes chick flicks?

1 hour ago, Linda956 said:

Sorry, but telling us how great Hetty is as their boss and she's never there is ridiculous!  I love Hetty, but if Linda Hunt can't or doesn't want to show up any more, they should hire someone else to replace her.  It's completely unacceptable to think no one's in charge.  Also, did anyone notice that when Nell & Fatima were talking near the end of the episode, no one else was in the facility?  It was completely empty.  Does anyone work there anymore?  Compare that to regular NCIS.  The main room looks like Grand Central Station.  I also don't think Sam, Callan, Kensie and Deeks were all together in any scenes last night.  They might as well be on different shows. 

Ditto to this. ⬆️ At this point, I don't give a rat's ass about Hetty and her stupid "secret" ops or whatever she's doing.

Used to like this show when the writing was decent and there was some action that involved the entire team. This season it's just been a drag.

It was okay.  I actually like Catherine the insurance agent.  She has a spark with Sam.  I don't see anything long term, but let the man have some fun and get some. Former SEALS still have needs and are not disciplined so much that they can't have fun in the sack.  Plus I think LL looks like he is having fun acting with the actress.

The Bruce Wang one liner was lame.  He said he felt like Spiderman (with the new LAPD toy) so she should have called him Peter Pecker.

Edited by dirtydi

It was too soon to see Katherine again for me. I'm not a fan and I find it hard to believe that Sam would have any interest in someone like her. And she's too "perfect" for him - it's like the writers were checking all the boxes: likes/knows muscle cars, knows fine exotic wines, etc. And I don't see a disciplined former SEAL family man going out with a woman to "get some." It's not like he's 20, and especially given the dangers of his job.

10 hours ago, ymeagain said:

It was "better" than other ones this season, but did anyone else notice how much standing/sitting around the characters did? I guess it's not an "action" show anymore.

I did notice that there seemed to be a lot of standing around or sitting in the interrogation room. It also seemed that no one felt any urgency which seemed strange given the case and the likelihood that the technology was going to be sold to an enemy power. I did notice that-again-Callen and Sam had very little to actually do and the car auction seemed to drag on longer than necessary. And there were no security guards with cars worth millions of dollars? I wouldn't think Katherine would be very happy about that. lol

Also, is it likely that Sam would let a civilian (who isn't a government employee) ride with him when he's going on a high speed chase after an armed Russian agent who has a hostage? Talk about a lawsuit waiting to happen--and the civilian is actually an insurance agent. And then let a woman he's met twice drive his baby? I know the writers are having a problem with Callen this season, but now they seem to be having some issues with Sam. And speaking of Callen - the guy who doesn't trust a Roomba is okay with self-drive cars? Nope. And Callen is quoting a government rule from GSA to Sam? Are you kidding me? And this is the guy who's never been unduly impressed with expensive cars (after all, he drove a Jaguar  in the early seasons), and when Deeks said he'd like a Ferrari in S8, Callen told Deeks to put it on his bucket list.

I miss the earlier episodes and am baffled by the direction Gemmill is taking the show, but I'm watching at least until Beale returns and the 12/8 episode which is supposed to answer some of the Callen questions.

Edited by 123BP
correction
On 11/11/2019 at 2:19 PM, LittlePeas3 said:

This episode seemed more like the old formula. I too, hated the insurance lady, the auctioneer didn't sound like a regular auctioneer, but Nell sounded more like her own self, less whiney and panicky, which was so much better than the first 6 episodes.  

This is the type of auctioneer you will see at a high dollar car show similar to the Pebble Beach Concours D' Elegance.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I missed it, why did Fatima not have her hair covered in that last scene with Nell?  It that because it was just her and Nell together, privately, with no men around, so she could take of the hijab?

It was the locker room (presumably the ladies'), and she was changing back into her own clothes and hijab.