Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/11/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

Im apart of generation z (born 1995-2006) and I found this boomer segment today completely out of touch, it explains why we say "ok boomer" lmao, Whoopi could be out of touch sometimes. Most job applications are online these days and it is much harder to be accepted, thats why I gave up with job applications. And Abby is so dumb as a millenial herself she should have understood, at least Meghan did. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan said she doesn't like it when people say all Democrats are bad.  Since when?

Exactly.  How many times on The View has she generalized  about Democrats "Open borders " "baby killers " "anti military" "anti law enfocement"  and so many more. She has said all those things about Democratics. I guess Meghan is only one allowed to paint a swath of people in a negative light.🙄

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 24
9 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Exactly.  How many times on The View has she generalized  about Democrats "Open borders " "baby killers " "anti military" "anti law enfocement"  and so many more. She has said all those things about Democratics. I guess Meghan is only one allowed to paint a swath of people in a negative light.🙄

Funny, she has a "what about Dem quote/event" for every Republican negative topic.

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, jkspeaks said:

Im apart of generation z (born 1995-2006) and I found this boomer segment today completely out of touch, it explains why we say "ok boomer" lmao, Whoopi could be out of touch sometimes. Most job applications are online these days and it is much harder to be accepted, thats why I gave up with job applications. And Abby is so dumb as a millenial herself she should have understood, at least Meghan did. 

Gen xer here 😎. I busted out laughing so hard when Whoopi started rambling and proving the "ok, Boomer" phrase accurate for some people. Abby and Whoopi should go on the road together. 😉

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Mldyold said:

But if someone dares to say that all republicans are racist she will have a hissy fit. 

• Love 18

2 days running MM has pulled out her long story she is going to be gone for a few days. OKAY! We get it (and most happy).

And I wish Abby would stop with her there are 17 D candidates crap because there were about that many R's back in 2015 at this time of year. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

To be fair, I don't think Abby or Meghan had to write a resume like regular people. They had the gift of using their last name to get their foot in the door.

Here's a funny story to show how the job market has changed. I knew the manager of a store. Even though I knew them, I had to apply online. Once I did, I had to also fill out a 30 minute questionnaire (again, this is a job like wal mart) and I somehow failed the questionnaire. (the manager friend just laughed and said that the test messes a lot of people up and I should try again in 180 days lol) It didn't matter that I knew the manager or had a resume at hand, the job market changed.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm pretty much over old men marrying women half their age, but Jeff Goldblum can be irresistible.

The ultra fabulous Jeff Goldblum aside, old men have been having/marrying young-young-young women since the beginning of time.  It will never stop.  I've never cared.  The best my ex-husband could do was mary someone ten years younger, but she was another hard smoker/barfly so no one could tell there was any age difference.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Why is it so hard for Meghan to understand that for people like Max Boot his party doesn't represent him anymore?

We could use your first eight words on so many questions we have about Ms. McCain.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
On 11/10/2019 at 4:05 AM, MsTree said:

Man, they're having a hard time finding guests.

I think people tune in to see the women discuss issues among themselves. That’s the beauty of the show not to interview others. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, bannana said:

Companies do not accept resumes at the door

Many jobs don’t come from traditional companies.  There are no real “doors”.  People don’t go to “offices”. It’s a changing world. 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

I think people tune in to see the women discuss issues among themselves. That’s the beauty of the show not to interview others. 

I DVR the show, I FF thru hot topics, there is nothing beautiful about it.

24 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

People don’t go to “offices”. It’s a changing world. 

They don't?!  Where have I been going every weekday for 18 years?

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, jkspeaks said:

But if someone dares to say that all republicans are racist she will have a hissy fit. 

Bill Maher said this a few times: "Not all Republicans are racist. But all racists are Republicans." Too bad Her Twatness wasn't on his show when he said that.

Nothing I've read here has made me regret quitting this show. But I may tune in when Ronan Farrow is guest co-host.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Bill Maher said this a few times: "Not all Republicans are racist. But all racists are Republicans." Too bad Her Twatness wasn't on his show when he said that.

Nothing I've read here has made me regret quitting this show. But I may tune in when Ronan Farrow is guest co-host.

I love this quote, and yes that’s too bad.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, bannana said:

In the past, Whoopi has implied that she slept with a lot of celebs and that included guests who come on the show.  So I play a little game with myself and watch how she interacts with certain guests.  I believe Jeff Goldblum is one of her former lovers.

She's a lucky heiffa if that's the case 'cause BABY?  He is still sexy af and can always get the draws from me!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

They don't?!  Where have I been going every weekday for 18 years?

As I said, it’s a changing world.  Most people in my work circle work from home offices. 
All HR issues were and are dealt on line via e-mail, etc. 

2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

So my PBS, FOX, CBS, ABC, and NBC affiliates are all pre-empting their programming right now for the impeachment hearings.

Probably on Fri too. 

Oh no!  No VYD??? 😩😂

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 11/12/2019 at 1:43 PM, Axie said:

I’m a boomer, but, I must have been absent the day my generation was making promises to the next generation.  Don’t remember that.  And, conversely, I don’t remember being promised anything by the previous generation.

Heres a Boomer,  theres a Boomer...yes I am also.  I think though thats its kind of implied to do good for the planet and insure it for future generations.  

• Love 3
On 11/12/2019 at 12:05 PM, Sarah Heart said:

Good question, who does decide..we just don't deal in labels in my world. I think the world would be a kinder place, without them. But then, I'm old..lol

Maybe  she says things for the show, to get a reaction, but looking at her SM, that's not true,

Yeah...no heh.  Dont think shes that clever.  Someone mentioned at least shes gone the rest of the week, but so is the show lol. I know theres tomorrow but who knows, might get preempted at any moment

• LOL 1

What? No Me-Again today?  Was she fired?  Has she been abducted by aliens? Did she quit “The View” to return to FOX, as star of her very own show “The Migraine McCain Show”? (Starring Migraine McCain, Migraine McCain only, with special clips of the whole world praising her father?).  Or has she gone back to Arizona to only do red-state stuff, like grow cactuses and shoot squirrels?   And with no warning. Whatsoever. 😂😂

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
Just now, 2JEWELL said:

What? No Me-Again today?  Was she fired?  Has she been abducted by aliens? Did she quit “The View” to return to FOX, as star of her very own show “The Migraine McCain Show”? (Starring Migraine McCain, Migraine McCain only, with special clips of the whole world praising her father?).  Or has she gone back to Arizona to only do red-state stuff, like grow cactuses and shoot squirrels?   And with no warning. Whatsoever. 😂😂

It was stated up thread that she informed everyone she would be gone the rest of this week from Wednesday on. I didn't watch, so I don't know if she gave any reason.

Meg did say she’d be gone for the rest of the week. 

Ok, Abby. So dear old dad is running for gov and you are so proud. I’ll be waiting for him to speak up in support of the diplomats, then you can be proud. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

There’s a full moon.  They had to lock her away for the safety of others.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

Satire.... Meghan over-explained her upcoming absence, over and over. And over.  As only Me-Again can

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It was stated up thread that she informed everyone she would be gone the rest of this week from Wednesday on. I didn't watch, so I don't know if she gave any reason.

1 minute ago, Axie said:

There’s a full moon.  They had to lock her away for the safety of others.

6 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

You’re hilarious,    Does no one understand sarcasm?😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

See, this is what I was talking about the other day in the interview where McCain wasn’t present. Joy is just a different person when snowflake McCain isn’t there—she’s able to speak more freely. Unrestrained and funnier. That Linda Tripp joke was the funniest thing on this show in a long time. We need this View back.

I don't really believe Joy hasn't made the lasagna for Sunny. She most likely has outside the show, but swore her to secrecy so Meghan doesn't go crying to the producers and force Joy to make one for her, too. This is how ridiculous the show has gotten that the latter sounds completely believable.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16

When Whoopie was talking about Joy giving her lasagna for her birthday, I was hoping they would bring it out and eat it on air so that Meghan would miss having it again.

Wait!  Whoopie’s favorite things are:  window gardens, a slow cooker and trips to a spa whose name she can’t pronounce?  Oh, ok, that’s believable.

Edited by Axie
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't really believe Joy hasn't made the lasagna for Sunny. She most likely has outside the show, but swore her to secrecy so Meghan doesn't go crying to the producers and force Joy to make one for her, too. This is how ridiculous the show has gotten that the latter sounds completely believable.

I would absolutely believe that. Meghan would say it's a hostile work environment.  All the other co hosts get lasagna and she does not. She is being discriminated against because she is a Republican. When told Ana and Abby have gotten lasagnas Meghan responds "They aren't real Republicans."

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

whoopi has really been stretching her welcome bellow to the limit. She was noticeably hoarse as hell for the entire Tuesday show.

both guests were Disney plants for their new "service" and came off as shilling. Jeff Goldblum strikes me as a pretty smarmy character. (I USED to think he was attractive...)

• Love 6

Jim Jordan and Meghan share the same arguing tactic - if you talk as fast and as loudly as possible you will convince everyone of what you're saying.  

They are all practically giddy this morning.  A birthday, a Temptations song, and no Meghan sure lightens the mood. 

12 minutes ago, Axie said:

“These new fangled people”.  Don’t know what that means, Whoopie, but, OK.

new·fan·gled

DEROGATORY

adjective: new-fangled

different from what one is used to; objectionably new.

This audience really cleaned up with the giveaways - an $1800 weekend retreat!  Have they ever given away something worth that much?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7