Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/11/2019

TheView
  • Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 11 – Judd Apatow (book, “It’s Garry Shandling’s Book”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday, Nov. 12 – Kristen Bell (“Frozen 2”); Jeff Goldblum (Disney+ series “The World According to Jeff Goldblum”) 

Wednesday, Nov. 13 – Day of Hot Topics 

Thursday, Nov. 14 – “The View” celebrates Whoopi’s birthday; the cast of Broadway’s “Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of the Temptations” 

Friday, Nov. 15 – Day of Hot Topics

• Love 3

I'm wondering if the day of hot topics on Wednesday and Friday is in case ABC decides to show live coverage of the impeachment hearings ( so far there's no information about this one way or the other).

eta - I just found this - 

ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS will set aside scheduled programming next week to cover the House's first open impeachment hearings on President Trump. ABC News

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Man, they're having a hard time finding guests.

I can think of a few reasons why that might be:

Guests don't like to be screamed at simultaneously by the panel.

If the panel is going to ask a guest a question, allow him/her to fully answer before pouncing on & interrupting the guest. We already know the panel's view, how about allowing the guest to give their view?

If a guest is there to promote a book, how about you ask questions specifically about the book.

If the panel wants civility, they should set an example. After all, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, lusinia said:

I'm wondering if the day of hot topics on Wednesday and Friday is in case ABC decides to show live coverage of the impeachment hearings ( so far there's no information about this one way or the other).

That could be it.  That way they don't have to worry about canceling guests and rebooking.

• Love 5
On 11/9/2019 at 11:11 PM, lusinia said:

When will this be happening?

19 hours ago, TheView said:

I'm sure they'd have more guests if there wasn't the chance they'd be pre-empted most of the week 

Their quality of guests has declined a lot over the past few years. Every once in awhile they will get an A lister but not like they used to. They don't even get a lot of stars from the ABC shows. Maybe it's because Barbara is no longer there but View is no longer a part of the routine press tour stars do to promote their projects.

• Love 11

Did this woman (Meghan) just fool around in class - "post-hummus-ly"?!!!!!!!!!!!

What's funny is, it looks like she actually practiced reading from the teleprompter, and slowed down her normal speaking speed.  She looked so proud of herself.

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

Mayor Pete is 22 years younger than Amy Klobucher.  Of course he has less experience.  

I loved when Meghan said “Just one more thing” and she was totally ignored and they cut to commercial.

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Did this woman (Meghan) just fool around in class - "post-hummus-ly"?!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly!  Are we sure she graduated from Columbia University in NYC?  Or was it the "Rocco Columbo School For Women", where she was taught typewriter maintenance"?  (shout out to Tom Cruise in "A Few Good Men") 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I think they moved away from guests because who watches for the guests? I can't remember the last time I watched last hot topics.

The View also has more viewers than the late night shows and is up there with Ellen. Guest are just not their focus anymore.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

The View must have figured out that many turn it off when VYD is at the end of the show.  Now we have to FFwd through the snippets interspersed throughout the show.

The View makeup people should learn to make the face match the neck.  Judd Apatow had an unnatural shade of orange face contrasting his pink neck.   Sunny & Meegun routinely have ears, necks and hands that look like they belong to someone else's face.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Their quality of guests has declined a lot over the past few years. Every once in awhile they will get an A lister but not like they used to. They don't even get a lot of stars from the ABC shows. Maybe it's because Barbara is no longer there but View is no longer a part of the routine press tour stars do to promote their projects.

Probably because they've let Whoopi and McCain degrade this show. First Whoopi who destroyed the panel one season because she couldn't bear to be sitting next to three women who were smarter than her, and now McCain who's turned this show into Real Housewives of ABC. Not saying everyone took it very seriously in the past, but it's an even bigger joke these days. The only reason it's hanging on is because of Joy, imo.

Btw, I loved the interview today. We don't often get those fun, lighthearted moments with Joy anymore because McCain's constantly looking for any excuse to snipe and scream at her.

• Love 24
On 11/10/2019 at 12:53 PM, TheView said:

I'm sure they'd have more guests if there wasn't the chance they'd be pre-empted most of the week 

Im surprised they havent talked about it at all.  At least give their schedule and how theyre going to work it.  Like theyll run a rerun if theres air time, but nothing new will be on

Sigh. Loved Garys show. So damned funny 😥

• Love 13
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

The View must have figured out that many turn it off when VYD is at the end of the show.  Now we have to FFwd through the snippets interspersed throughout the show.

Please tell me this was just for today and they won't have it this way all the time going forward.

Too annoying to have to ff thru the damned vyd  crap.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, cinsays said:
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Please tell me this was just for today and they won't have it this way all the time going forward.

Too annoying to have to ff thru the damned vyd  crap.

It doesn't matter when they have VYD.  Viewers will still FF through it.  I watch it online and have never once watched that segment.

• Love 8

What has always bothered me about the "View Your Deals"  is the insistence that all the items are  "50- 60% OFF!!"  when in reality, the prices are about what you would expect for similar items online or in a store.  The Kimonos, for example.  Cute, for $19.95 - that's about what one would expect, buying the same thing at JCP, or Target, or on Amazon.  But don't tell me that the retail price is over $50, (Over $80 for the velvet ones)  and I'm getting a DEAL.  Because that just isn't the case.  A 4 ounce tube of handcream is $22 and I'm getting a deal by paying $11?  Give me a break!

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Sunny & Meegun routinely have ears, necks and hands that look like they belong to someone else's face.

To be fair, the more agitated Meghan gets, the redder her ears (at least her left one) become.  That blood flow "trumps" any makeup that might be applied.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

To be fair, the more agitated Meghan gets, the redder her ears (at least her left one) become.  That blood flow "trumps" any makeup that might be applied.

And it would be hard to put makeup on your ears! 😜

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

What has always bothered me about the "View Your Deals"  is the insistence that all the items are  "50- 60% OFF!!"  when in reality, the prices are about what you would expect for similar items online or in a store.  The Kimonos, for example.  Cute, for $19.95 - that's about what one would expect, buying the same thing at JCP, or Target, or on Amazon.  But don't tell me that the retail price is over $50, (Over $80 for the velvet ones)  and I'm getting a DEAL.  Because that just isn't the case.  A 4 ounce tube of handcream is $22 and I'm getting a deal by paying $11?  Give me a break!

Depends on the hand cream.

I’ve bought a few items from VYD and found they tend to be on clearance at the retailer’s site.  Supplies and/or choices are limited. But everything I’ve bought is decent quality. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I’ve bought a few items from VYD and found they tend to be on clearance at the retailer’s site.  Supplies and/or choices are limited. But everything I’ve bought is decent quality. 

If you're interested in any of the "deals," it's a good idea to check the 'net for the exact or similar items.  The only great deal I got was on Poo Pourri (some sort of bundle) and I used it for the family "Dirty Santa" gift exchange.  It was NOT appreciated by the person who opened it...but it was stolen a couple of times.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

What has always bothered me about the "View Your Deals"  is the insistence that all the items are  "50- 60% OFF!!"  when in reality, the prices are about what you would expect for similar items online or in a store. 

I will say, they do have great deals on the Color Wow hair products. 

That is the only thing I have bought. Yes, I did but it was a long time ago. You can probably find them online close to the same price.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 2

Meghan said she won't be there the rest of the week. I wish she chose a different week to not be there and not the week when the show will probably be preempted by the impeachment hearings. Shucks. 

Abby is a broken record - she once again said she doesn't know how much the impeachment hearings will move the needle. She says that same thing every time they talk about this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

Yesterday Whoopie was criticizing Joy for being there when she was sick but Whoopie sure sounds sick today.

Oh no!  Someone having an opinion different from Meghan's is making her life harder!  Good thing you're off for the rest of the week then, Meggie.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

Well shoot. The first 16 minutes were fine like yesterday, then Meg goes on a rant against some writer Joy was quoting because he makes her life harder. I’m sure that was his intention, Meg. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 12

Certain companies don't want you to drop in a paper resume. They only accept online applications. The world is changing and that was one of the biggest changes. 

Abby and Meghan are millennials, but their experience is vastly different from the rest of us. Their last name helped them. so The ok boomer trend doesn't really affect them. Considering how everyone likes to bash on millenials and gen z, I don't see the problem with people saying "ok boomer."

• Love 10