Type keyword(s) to search

The Real - General Discussion

RealHousewife
  • Start Topic

Wait a minute. On today's show, was Loni joking about not being able to get up from the floor by herself? She did wait for Garcelle to help her. 

But she was also on The Real Dirty Dancing, so I know she doesn't have a physical disability. An injury perhaps?

I definitely prefer the energy with the 4 of them, although Loni, Adrienne, and Garcelle (plus the occasional guest) did a great job while Jeannie was away on maternity leave.

• Love 3
On 3/10/2022 at 8:56 PM, Jaded said:

The rumors about 'The Real' being on the bubble are making the rounds again...

Nick Cannon’ Syndicated Talk Show Canceled After One Season, Veteran ‘The Real’s Future Uncertain

Loni posted on her social media that she heard from the studio that a final decision hasn't been made yet. The fact that they've pre-taped so many episodes at a time where they're usually live doesn't look good. 😔

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ugh, I wish I could still watch full episodes on TV. I try to play as many clips as possible on YouTube, not sure how much that helps support the show. I wondered if the show would take a hit when some of us could no longer watch. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ugh, I wish I could still watch full episodes on TV. I try to play as many clips as possible on YouTube, not sure how much that helps support the show. I wondered if the show would take a hit when some of us could no longer watch. 

I think that coupled with the later time slot in many areas is what's hurting the show unfortunately.

I looked at the schedule for either Tuesday or Wednesday and it says Jeannie returns after her maternity leave with Kandi Burruss guest co-hosting all week. Some of the pre-taped shows threw me off because Jeannie looked like she'd already had the baby, but on Friday's show, for example, she was heavily pregnant. 

• Useful 1

Hmm. Yesterday was Jeannie's return from maternity leave and the first Girl Chat discussion was about the Will Smith/Chris Rock slap so it was obviously new, but Loni made it sound like they'd stopped taping the show in her social media post the other week. Hopefully things are looking up and they'll be renewed after all. 

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Wow, I never would've guessed this would get cancelled before The Talk.

I'd love a solo The Loni Love Show someday.

Me too. She's hilarious. What I love about Loni is she can be serious too. She seems to do her homework for the show better than anyone. 

• Love 3
On 5/7/2022 at 11:19 PM, rmcrae said:

Has anyone read Garcelle's memoir? I just started it yesterday and it's really good. 

I haven't, but it sounds good. 

I'm still so bummed about the show being over. I really like all these women so much.

Jeannie has consistently been the sweetest of everyone throughout the years. With the exception one or two, I've liked them all, but at times I'd think take it easy on Jeannie! It's amazing how gracious and polite she always is no matter how she's spoken to. Loni is one of the funniest ladies on TV. I tend to agree with Adrienne, just keep her out of Kardashian topics. lol And Garcelle has been a delight. She's too nice for Housewives, so I was hoping she'd keep her Real gig. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I haven't, but it sounds good. 

I'm still so bummed about the show being over. I really like all these women so much.

Jeannie has consistently been the sweetest of everyone throughout the years. With the exception one or two, I've liked them all, but at times I'd think take it easy on Jeannie! It's amazing how gracious and polite she always is no matter how she's spoken to. Loni is one of the funniest ladies on TV. I tend to agree with Adrienne, just keep her out of Kardashian topics. lol And Garcelle has been a delight. She's too nice for Housewives, so I was hoping she'd keep her Real gig. 

You should definitely check it out. I just finished the chapter about her dad abandoning the family when she was a little girl only to come back when she was a teen with no apology for his actions. He was a very cold, mean man. 

I know! A part of me wishes Fox would unring the bell and give the show another chance. I wish all of the women success in their future endeavors, but it won't be the same not having them all together. I hope Tamera pops in for a quick appearance before the show wraps. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

You should definitely check it out. I just finished the chapter about her dad abandoning the family when she was a little girl only to come back when she was a teen with no apology for his actions. He was a very cold, mean man. 

I know! A part of me wishes Fox would unring the bell and give the show another chance. I wish all of the women success in their future endeavors, but it won't be the same not having them all together. I hope Tamera pops in for a quick appearance before the show wraps. 

Garcelle talked about it a bit on the show for anyone who hasn't seen it. I'm really going to miss conversations like this. The ladies discuss everything from lighter topics to deeper issues. The View is great for news/politics. The Talk is great for pop culture. But The Real is best for girl chat.

If you go on YouTube and look at the comments, LOTS of people are still passionate fans of the show. I wish the powers that be at Fox would change their minds, or maybe we could get a YouTube show or something. And yes, it would be really nice to see Tamera!

• Love 3

The Real aired VERY briefly in my area maybe a few months when it first aired but it was gone. I did enjoy watching but I didn't bother to try and watch the reposts or clips on their social media accounts. 

• Love 1

I'm watching the Buzzr channel this morning through my FireTV and they are airing Loni's old episode of Supermarket Sweep from 2000 again. The host David Ruprecht told her he liked her name Loni Love.  She appeared with her cousin. It would be neat if there were a couple celeb episodes of the reboot and Loni could be on one with Adrienne maybe who could do the sweep around the store.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Garcelle talked about it a bit on the show for anyone who hasn't seen it. I'm really going to miss conversations like this. The ladies discuss everything from lighter topics to deeper issues. The View is great for news/politics. The Talk is great for pop culture. But The Real is best for girl chat.

If you go on YouTube and look at the comments, LOTS of people are still passionate fans of the show. I wish the powers that be at Fox would change their minds, or maybe we could get a YouTube show or something. And yes, it would be really nice to see Tamera!

Agreed. Plus it was refreshing to see a panel of women of color on a mainstream network. It proved that everyone can relate to the topics they've discussed over the years. 

8 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm watching the Buzzr channel this morning through my FireTV and they are airing Loni's old episode of Supermarket Sweep from 2000 again. The host David Ruprecht told her he liked her name Loni Love.  She appeared with her cousin. It would be neat if there were a couple celeb episodes of the reboot and Loni could be on one with Adrienne maybe who could do the sweep around the store.

How far did Loni and her cousin make it? 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

How far did Loni and her cousin make it? 

They came in 2nd place in regards to totals at the end so didn't get to play for the $5000. 

• Useful 3

What'd you guys think about the series finale? It was unfortunate that Tamara didn't make an appearance, but I loved the trip down memory lane with all the different clips throughout the years (and a quick "You tried it!" from Tamar). Jeannie and Adrienne getting emotional while reading their goodbye letters was moving and I was surprised Loni made it through the entire show without breaking down. 

Even when they did their final send-off, the end didn't feel real, but I'm sure it'll hit me once September rolls around and something else takes over their time slot.

Thanks for an incredible eight years, Real Fam! ❤

• Love 4
4 hours ago, rmcrae said:

What'd you guys think about the series finale? It was unfortunate that Tamara didn't make an appearance, but I loved the trip down memory lane with all the different clips throughout the years (and a quick "You tried it!" from Tamar). Jeannie and Adrienne getting emotional while reading their goodbye letters was moving and I was surprised Loni made it through the entire show without breaking down. 

Even when they did their final send-off, the end didn't feel real, but I'm sure it'll hit me once September rolls around and something else takes over their time slot.

They could have given 2 years to give them 10 years. The ladies were penalized because of the pandemic and they were not able to bounce back.  They would have done so in time.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I thought it was a little fucked up that they essentially scrubbed Amanda from everything.

I don't think that the ladies liked Amanda except for Loni.  I always got the impression that Loni never really felt free to speak honestly  about certain topics and Amanda was her proxy.

I liked Amanda but I knew that her opinions would eventually rub people the wrong way. I could go into depth but it would be off-topic. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

They could have given 2 years to give them 10 years. The ladies were penalized because of the pandemic and they were not able to bounce back.  They would have done so in time.

I think Fox wanted to do away with them by moving the show to another network at a new time (at least in my area). Some viewers said the show aired in the middle of the night or not at all where they lived. They definitely would've bounced back had it not been for those hurdles imo. 

16 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I thought it was a little fucked up that they essentially scrubbed Amanda from everything.

3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I don't think that the ladies liked Amanda except for Loni.  I always got the impression that Loni never really felt free to speak honestly  about certain topics and Amanda was her proxy.

I liked Amanda but I knew that her opinions would eventually rub people the wrong way. I could go into depth but it would be off-topic. 

I was surprised to see Amanda removed as well, but I guess the producers figured it wouldn't make too much of a difference since she was only on for half a season and didn't have the most positive things to say about her time on the show. They still could've shown at least one clip of her though.

• Love 3

From what I've heard from Amanda herself and other folks affiliated with the show was that the Producers didn't like that Amanda pushed for them to add a woman of color executive producer (which they eventually did in the last season, probably to be all like, 
"see, we do"), amongst other things that she spoke out about, and they essentially pitted her against several of the other ladies who were afraid to speak up because the didn't want to jeopardize their jobs, which I also get. But it's very disheartening (and not at all surprising) that this show that was supposed to be about the voices of women of color had none in positions of power and when they were challenged by one they created conditions to effectively push her out.  

I was a big supporter of the show when it began, even when it showed at midnight in my city. But when they got rid of the Tamar, and the way they did it, just didn't sit well with me. I became a very casual viewer, until the brought on Amanda, which brought me back. And then she left, and it went right back to the bottom list. And I really like all of the other hosts. I don't know. I'm very conflicted about the cancellation! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

From what I've heard from Amanda herself and other folks affiliated with the show was that the Producers didn't like that Amanda pushed for them to add a woman of color executive producer (which they eventually did in the last season, probably to be all like, 
"see, we do"), amongst other things that she spoke out about, and they essentially pitted her against several of the other ladies who were afraid to speak up because the didn't want to jeopardize their jobs, which I also get. But it's very disheartening (and not at all surprising) that this show that was supposed to be about the voices of women of color had none in positions of power and when they were challenged by one they created conditions to effectively push her out.  

I was a big supporter of the show when it began, even when it showed at midnight in my city. But when they got rid of the Tamar, and the way they did it, just didn't sit well with me. I became a very casual viewer, until the brought on Amanda, which brought me back. And then she left, and it went right back to the bottom list. And I really like all of the other hosts. I don't know. I'm very conflicted about the cancellation! 

Amanda gave us the real tea about what went on behind the scenes and she was right.  How do you have a show about the perspectives of women of color but you have non people of color running the show.  The hosts of the show barely had input on what topics to explore and Amanda had to fight tooth and nail for some things and that did not endear her to the powers that be.  One producer had the audacity to tell her that she was bringing up too much Black issues and making people uncomfortable.  Once that happened, Amanda knew that her time was up and I can't fault her for that.  You have a show called "the real" but people cannot be their authentic self.  

I loved Tamar but I  did not like how she treated Jeannie though. I knew that she was not going to last long because she was not a sheep and was not going to go with the flow.  I also think that her husband at the time did some things that may have pissed off her bosses leading to her getting fired. I did not like how the producers allowed the ladies to suffer the backlash that they got after Tamar's firing.  They could have said something to the public to clear up some things but they were cowards and hung the ladies out to dry.  People still blame Loni for Tamar's firing and that is unfortunate.

I will miss the show because of it's uniqueness and it is too bad the ladies did not get the support that they deserved in order for the show to bounce back after the pandemic.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
On 6/4/2022 at 7:00 PM, rmcrae said:

I'll check to see if it's online somewhere. I try to watch as many clips of the show on YouTube as I can because I'm one where I could no longer watch The Real on TV. 

And woah surprised Loni didn't break down! I would have cried myself. 

I wish we had more shows to look forward to, but it has been a fun 10 years for our Real Fam. ♥️

16 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I think Fox wanted to do away with them by moving the show to another network at a new time (at least in my area). Some viewers said the show aired in the middle of the night or not at all where they lived. They definitely would've bounced back had it not been for those hurdles imo. 

I was surprised to see Amanda removed as well, but I guess the producers figured it wouldn't make too much of a difference since she was only on for half a season and didn't have the most positive things to say about her time on the show. They still could've shown at least one clip of her though.

Yes, I have always enjoyed the show, but I really thought Garcelle was a perfect addition. She's such a class act. If the show were still airing where we could all watch, I'm sure it would have done great. They even interviewed Janet Jackson awhile back. 

I know a lot of people don't care for Tamar, but I loved her as a host. She is hilarious and helped make it a hit imo. My heart broke when I heard of her suicide attempt. She has so much going for her, I hope she gets all the love and support she needs. 

Amanda wasn't my favorite host, but I did love how educated she was and that she discussed more important issues than Kardashian. It's crazy the people running the show weren't of color. Good for Amanda for speaking up about that. Even though she was barely on, I think the classy thing to do would have been to include her, but that's just me. 

I know there was drama behind the scenes with Tamar and Amanda, but I'm surprised Tamera didn't make an appearance since I thought she ended on a happy note with producers and also got along with the other women. I think she remains quite close to Loni. Maybe she was asked but was busy? I know she has a lot on her plate with the kiddos, acting, and other shows. 

I'm really curious where the ladies will go from here. I really hope Adrienne has a baby. I think she'd be a wonderful mother and was hoping we'd go through the journey with her. Loni is a smart cookie and will be fine, but I hope she gets the gigs she deserves. I think she's so funny. Garcelle acts and has Housewives, but as much as I enjoy watching the show, those women can be BAD. So I hope she continues working as an actress because she's really too nice for Bravo. It sounds like things are going great for Jeannie. I was always a huge Jeannie fan because she's such a sweetheart on the show, but I was surprised the other women weren't invited to her wedding. I thought they were all closer than that. I know there can be tension at times, but still. It happens with sisters too. I'm so curious who will remain friends, because 10 years for Loni, Adrienne, and Jeannie is a LOT. 

• Love 4

I didn't know that the other ladies weren't at Jeannie's wedding! Very interesting. 

I know that Amanda is still very good friends with Adrienne, and I believe Jeannie. Tamar was very close to Adrienne and Tamera before she got fired, but she holds on to shit and blamed the other ladies. I believe she and Adrienne had started to work on rebuilding in the past few years, but I don't really remember because Tamar always has a lot of drama going on. It's hard to keep up. 

• Useful 3
On 6/6/2022 at 4:11 PM, RealHousewife said:

I was always a huge Jeannie fan because she's such a sweetheart on the show, but I was surprised the other women weren't invited to her wedding. I thought they were all closer than that. I know there can be tension at times, but still. It happens with sisters too. I'm so curious who will remain friends, because 10 years for Loni, Adrienne, and Jeannie is a LOT. 

I remember Jeannie saying that the only people they invited to the wedding were people that were close with both her and Jeezy, so I'm guessing that's why the other ladies didn't make the cut.  I'm assuming that if the wedding hadn't taken place in the middle of the pandemic, then they probably would have been invited but if they were trying to keep things small, it makes sense that co-workers wouldn't be invited.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I'm still catching up on The Real clips, not sure whether to drag them out so I have more Real to look forward to or speed it up to get to the last episode. :(

But this gave me the warm fuzzies y'all. Ugh, I'm going to miss these women so much. 

• Love 3

So happy for Adrienne and Israel. She just gave birth to a son they’ve named Ever. Props to her for keeping it quiet the whole time. IVF is such an emotional roller coaster and when miscarriages have occurred it makes you afraid to say anything. I know this is a dream come true for her. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

So happy for Adrienne and Israel. She just gave birth to a son they’ve named Ever. Props to her for keeping it quiet the whole time. IVF is such an emotional roller coaster and when miscarriages have occurred it makes you afraid to say anything. I know this is a dream come true for her. 

I'm thrilled for them too! I did read the baby was via a surrogate though. All that ultimately matters is Adrienne gets to finally be a mommy. She's such a beautiful person and deserves to have it all. 

• Love 3

Here are more pictures. 

https://people.com/parents/adrienne-bailon-houghton-secret-surrogacy-pregnancy-exclusive/

Upon further testing, Bailon received good news when doctors discovered she has five embryos left. Despite the emotional journey she's already endured, Bailon hopes to try again — and this time become pregnant herself.

"That's the ultimate dream for me," Bailon says. "I'm not giving up on that dream. Maybe I will carry one day and I can't wait for that. I'm still hoping for that."

• Love 2
On 8/29/2022 at 1:14 AM, RealHousewife said:

Here are more pictures. 

https://people.com/parents/adrienne-bailon-houghton-secret-surrogacy-pregnancy-exclusive/

Upon further testing, Bailon received good news when doctors discovered she has five embryos left. Despite the emotional journey she's already endured, Bailon hopes to try again — and this time become pregnant herself.

"That's the ultimate dream for me," Bailon says. "I'm not giving up on that dream. Maybe I will carry one day and I can't wait for that. I'm still hoping for that."

Baby Ever is such an adorable blessing. 😍 I wish Adrienne the best on her future pregnancy plans. 

Man, I miss my girls being on. 🥺

• Love 1
19 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Baby Ever is such an adorable blessing. 😍 I wish Adrienne the best on her future pregnancy plans. 

Man, I miss my girls being on. 🥺

Same! I wish we got to hear from Adrienne now that she's a mother. I would love to see Ever and Monaco together. 🥰

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Same! I wish we got to hear from Adrienne now that she's a mother. I would love to see Ever and Monaco together. 🥰

That would be so sweet! You know Auntie Loni would be a puddle of tears at the sight of that. 😁

• Love 1