Type keyword(s) to search

The Real - General Discussion

RealHousewife
  • Start Topic

On 2/4/2020 at 12:59 AM, rmcrae said:

Anybody else notice the shade from Amanda during Kenya Moore’s interview last week? It was unprofessional, but the girl’s probably allergic to bullshit...

I like Amanda but it was annoying. Kenya is a guest and you treat her with respect, regardless if you dislike reality shows and how they portray women. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I like Amanda but it was annoying. Kenya is a guest and you treat her with respect, regardless if you dislike reality shows and how they portray women. 

I think Amanda was more annoyed by Kenya’s over the top phoniness more than her being a reality show personality. She seemed to like New York yesterday and that chick is as ratchet as they come, but she doesn’t pretend to be otherwise. Just my observation. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I think Amanda was more annoyed by Kenya’s over the top phoniness more than her being a reality show personality. She seemed to like New York yesterday and that chick is as ratchet as they come, but she doesn’t pretend to be otherwise. Just my observation. 

Kenya is a mean snake so I get it.  Okay, I rewatched the interview and she was very animated with New York. Tamera seemed to be a bit taken aback with her.

• Love 1
(edited)

Forgive me, but I have a bit of a rant.

I liked what Loni said regarding the family leave and her own decision not to have children. Not all employers can afford to give the amount of leave these ladies were discussing, and you need to be prepared when you start a family. I think if everyone had more time and money, there would be many more folks out there with kids. Loni's someone who I think is very nurturing, great with kids, and would want to give any kids she had 100%. Yet she understood not everyone gets everything in life, and parenthood is a big decision. I like Adrienne, but she seemed a bit dismissive of what Loni said. Like, okay Loni you chose not to have kids but some of us must be parents and we're entitled to help. I personally think if Loni had a really cushy job when she was younger, she would have become a mother. There are so many small business owners who make just enough to get food on the table for their own kids. It's not as simple as the other women were making it out to be. I like that there's someone childless on the panel who didn't grow up with money. Loni sees both sides to certain issues that some of the rest don't. Awhile back, she also spoke up about the costs of the extended school day idea and wondered how much it would cost in tax. On certain issues, the others never share any opinions that aren't 100% in favor of families and mothers. I don't know if it's because they're scared of the "antifamily texts," trying to be PC, or those are just truly their opinions.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Forgive me, but I have a bit of a rant.

I liked what Loni said regarding the family leave and her own decision not to have children. Not all employers can afford to give the amount of leave these ladies were discussing, and you need to be prepared when you start a family. I think if everyone had more time and money, there would be many more folks out there with kids. Loni's someone who I think is very nurturing, great with kids, and would want to give any kids she had 100%. Yet she understood not everyone gets everything in life, and parenthood is a big decision. I like Adrienne, but she seemed a bit dismissive of what Loni said. Like, okay Loni you chose not to have kids but some of us must be parents and we're entitled to help. I personally think if Loni had a really cushy job when she was younger, she would have become a mother. There are so many small business owners who make just enough to get food on the table for their own kids. It's not as simple as the other women were making it out to be. I like that there's someone childless on the panel who didn't grow up with money. Loni sees both sides to certain issues that some of the rest don't. Awhile back, she also spoke up about the costs of the extended school day idea and wondered how much it would cost in tax. On certain issues, the others never share any opinions that aren't 100% in favor of families and mothers. I don't know if it's because they're scared of the "antifamily texts," trying to be PC, or those are just truly their opinions.

The United states is the only country that does not give mothers adequate time for maternity leave, the same with fathers. South Korea just gave men paid paternity leave because the birth rate over there is at an all time low.

I don't blame the ladies for holding back. Loni has been very vocal and people on here and elsewhere were upset with her. Look at what Amanda is going through for having real conversations about race that make people uncomfortable. Gayle King is getting death threats for the Kobe debacle.  I could never have real conversations on live television because the backlash you may get for offending somebody is not pretty, Not to mention how that might affect your family and friends.  The risk outweighs the reward.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The United states is the only country that does not give mothers adequate time for maternity leave, the same with fathers. South Korea just gave men paid paternity leave because the birth rate over there is at an all time low.

I don't blame the ladies for holding back. Loni has been very vocal and people on here and elsewhere were upset with her. Look at what Amanda is going through for having real conversations about race that make people uncomfortable. Gayle King is getting death threats for the Kobe debacle.  I could never have real conversations on live television because the backlash you may get for offending somebody is not pretty, Not to mention how that might affect your family and friends.  The risk outweighs the reward.

I totally get what you’re saying. I have mixed feelings about the leave myself. I personally appreciate people on these shows having opinions that may be controversial and having a good debate. It’s the only way to truly learn. I only get annoyed with the hosts who seem nasty (Meghan on The View, Sharon on The Talk). Loni typically comes across as a pretty sweet person imo. I don’t agree with everything she says. There are times I wish her delivery were better (like with Jeanie’s friend awhile back), but shows where everything is super PC bore me. I think they do a lot of people, which explains the popularity of someone like Wendy Williams. She’s not the most sweet, gentle interviewer, but she does have actual opinions and doesn’t hold back. It’s like listening to a friend talk about the latest gossip.

I love the OG ladies so much (even thought Tamar was funny) and wasn’t sure what I’d think about Amanda, but I have really enjoyed her! She’s intelligent, thoughtful, and has been nothing but lovely. Wonderful addition the the show. It is a shame Gayle has been getting death threats. I personally couldn’t do the job these ladies do, because I know how crazy some folks can get out there. I do still think the ideal person for these shows is someone who is opinionated (whether I like their opinions or not-so long as they aren’t hateful), but not a bitch about it.

• Love 3

Amanda needs to chill. You can want justice for oppressed minorities and hold Jussie accountable for his crimes.  I don't think he needs to go to prison, he will never work again and will be shunned for the rest of his life .  Jeannie was great today defending the LGBTQ community. Loni and Amanda were annoying today.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Amanda needs to chill. You can want justice for oppressed minorities and hold Jussie accountable for his crimes.  I don't think he needs to go to prison, he will never work again and will be shunned for the rest of his life .  Jeannie was great today defending the LGBTQ community. Loni and Amanda were annoying today.

Girrrl, Amanda and Loni worked my nerves today. Amanda sounded nutty as hell calling his lie “low-key noble” for “putting a spotlight” on hate crimes. There is nothing noble (low or high-key) about lying and comparing what Jussie did to Emmitt Till was Gumby-ish reaching. Emmitt Till was the victim of a lie. Not the creator of it. What Jussie did was wrong and he has to pay the consequences. 

I’m glad Jeannie stood her ground and (in the words of Iyanla) calling a thing a thing. 

I still like Amanda, but I didn’t appreciate her rolling her eyes while Jeannie was speaking. It’s totally fine to disagree with someone, but you don’t have to be rude and dismissive about it. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I still like Amanda, but I didn’t appreciate her rolling her eyes while Jeannie was speaking. It’s totally fine to disagree with someone, but you don’t have to be rude and dismissive about it. 

That's what bothers me about her, although I do like her in other ways. When one person in a five-person discussion thinks their opinion is the only correct one and uses intimidation tactics to back other people down from expressing opposing views, it really halts productive and interesting-to-watch discussions, because either other people start becoming more tentative, or they won't back down and then the conversation devolves into a fight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, auntiemel said:

That's what bothers me about her, although I do like her in other ways. When one person in a five-person discussion thinks their opinion is the only correct one and uses intimidation tactics to back other people down from expressing opposing views, it really halts productive and interesting-to-watch discussions, because either other people start becoming more tentative, or they won't back down and then the conversation devolves into a fight.

Do you guys notice how Adrienne and Tamara don't really share their opinions. They seem afraid of offending Amanda. That is wrong, I understand Amanda's passion about racial injustices in the country but it is turning people off.  I also notice that Loni seems to be using Amanda as her mouthpiece..I am glad that Jeannie stood her ground and shared her opinion anyway..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5

I'm not a huge fan of Amanda for this show.  She is extremely intelligent and comes across as a nice person but I don't think she is the right fit as a daily host.  I think she is a great guest host who allows the panel to dive deep into racial issues on an occasional basis.  But she is going to wear down the panel very quickly.  I was proud of Jeannie to hold her ground on the Jussie Smullet discussion.  But unless the other hosts are passionate about an issue they are just going to let her take over the narrative in order not to fight every day.    It's a shame.  I really enjoyed the confidence that the other hosts had in discussing sensitive topics with each other.  I agree that they are going to more wary in voicing their opinions moving forward.  

• Love 5

I knew she’d catch a lot of heat for doing it, but I’m glad Loni shouted out Tamar during the recent 1000th show. Putting the drama aside, she was an original co-host for the first three years. 

I’m curious. What do you guys think about all the chatter about Loni allegedly influencing the network to terminate Tamar? Do you think it’s possible or a load of bull? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I knew she’d catch a lot of heat for doing it, but I’m glad Loni shouted out Tamar during the recent 1000th show. Putting the drama aside, she was an original co-host for the first three years. 

I’m curious. What do you guys think about all the chatter about Loni allegedly influencing the network to terminate Tamar? Do you think it’s possible or a load of bull? 

Loni is not that type of person. Tamar got herself fired, she was overbearing and nasty to her co-workers, especially Jeannie. Vince's antics behind the scenes also sealed her fate. The Tamar fans are using Loni as a scapegoat for Tamar's deficiencies as a human being and as a co-host.  I think Tamar was too real for the real.. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 2/19/2020 at 9:39 PM, rmcrae said:

I thought that was sweet of Loni. :)

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Loni is not that type of person. Tamar got herself fired, she was overbearing and nasty to her co-workers, especially Jeannie. Vince's antics behind the scenes also sealed her fate. The Tamar fans are using Loni as a scapegoat for Tamar's deficiencies as a human being and as a co-host.  I think Tamar was too real for the real.. 

My thoughts exactly. Loni did not and does not have that type of power. Besides, I remember hearing a lot of viewers (myself included) say that the show flowed much better when Tamar was away so I'm positive TPTB were already aware of the positive feedback without Loni bringing it to their attention.

It's pretty convenient that Loni's former writer would spill such tea after falling out with her. It's been nearly 4 years since Tamar was let go and now she wants to sing like a canary?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, rmcrae said:

My thoughts exactly. Loni did not and does not have that type of power. Besides, I remember hearing a lot of viewers (myself included) say that the show flowed much better when Tamar was away so I'm positive TPTB were already aware of the positive feedback without Loni bringing it to their attention.

It's pretty convenient that Loni's former writer would spill such tea after falling out with her. It's been nearly 4 years since Tamar was let go and now she wants to sing like a canary?

What I find disturbing in all of this is that you have these bloggers on youtube pushing that narrative. People on social media are also spreading this lie. I think it is dangerous and Loni should sue them for defamation of character.  

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

I hope everybody is staying safe during this scary and strange time.

I did not know where to put this, so I decided to put it here, Tamar looked so much better before her plastic surgery.  

Ditto! I'm fine but bored out of my mind. It was nice that there were new The Real episodes to watch, even if they appeared to have been recorded before things got scary. It's a bit weird to watch a show not discussing coronavirus.

I remember the first time I saw Tamar I thought wow! Beautiful. The most pretty women are never happy. Maybe because they're still picked apart. 

• Love 1
On 3/22/2020 at 3:20 AM, RealHousewife said:

Ditto! I'm fine but bored out of my mind. It was nice that there were new The Real episodes to watch, even if they appeared to have been recorded before things got scary. It's a bit weird to watch a show not discussing coronavirus.

I wonder how many episodes they’ve filmed? I’ll miss this show the new episodes run out. I suppose they’ll re-air older episodes, which could also be fun. 

• Love 2
On 3/30/2020 at 6:28 AM, topanga said:

I wonder how many episodes they’ve filmed? I’ll miss this show the new episodes run out. I suppose they’ll re-air older episodes, which could also be fun. 

I'm not sure. I agree, I wouldn't mind reruns at this time. This show has a lot of heart imo, but I enjoy the fact it's not super serious or political. I want to watch stuff that's lighthearted more than ever at this time. 

• Love 1
On 3/22/2020 at 2:16 AM, Pearson80 said:

I hope everybody is staying safe during this scary and strange time.

I did not know where to put this, so I decided to put it here, Tamar looked so much better before her plastic surgery.  

On 3/22/2020 at 2:20 AM, RealHousewife said:

I remember the first time I saw Tamar I thought wow! Beautiful. The most pretty women are never happy. Maybe because they're still picked apart. 

I think Tamar said on the show that her first ex-husband verbally abused her about her looks and that's what led to her getting plastic surgery. I agree she was gorgeous before. 

I can't find the link, but last week Tamar took part in a song challenge on Instagram and tagged Adrienne. Adrienne did it too. Tamar is one confusing chick to me. One minute she wants to move on from the past and be positive, but then she'll get in her feelings and throw shade at the other ladies the next. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Congrats to Jeannie and Jeezy: https://people.com/tv/jeannie-mai-jeezy-engaged/

Was today another new taped show or are they airing reruns? I was on the phone in the other room the first 10 minutes and heard them talking before the local update on the virus cut in. 

Tamar was right when she used to say on the show that Jeannie wanted a Black rapper...lol.. 

Tamar also congratulated Jeannie on her engagement on instagram, very interesting..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Tamar was right when she used to say on the show that Jeannie wanted a Black rapper...lol.. 

Tamar also congratulated Jeannie on her engagement on instagram, very interesting..

LOL. I remember that. And when she said she likes her "dark meat on the side". It's back to being her main course. 😁

As for Tamar congratulating Jeannie, that was nice, but the cynical part of me thinks she did it to make herself look good. It's hard to tell with her. 

• Love 4

Looks like no more new episodes.

I'm so happy for Jeanie! I remember the "dark meat on the side." I know it sounded really bad, but I think she made a bad joke. I don't think she's racist. 

On 4/2/2020 at 9:51 PM, rmcrae said:

I think Tamar said on the show that her first ex-husband verbally abused her about her looks and that's what led to her getting plastic surgery. I agree she was gorgeous before. 

I can't find the link, but last week Tamar took part in a song challenge on Instagram and tagged Adrienne. Adrienne did it too. Tamar is one confusing chick to me. One minute she wants to move on from the past and be positive, but then she'll get in her feelings and throw shade at the other ladies the next. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! 

I don't remember who she spoke about, but I too remember her saying there was an ex who said stuff along the lines of "ugly, you know she look better than you." Very gross and abusive. Tamar was born beautiful, but even if she weren't, who talks to someone like that? 

I can't keep with all that! lol Definitely confusing. 

• Love 1

I watched Wendy Williams today (thank goodness the "At Home Not Topics" only last for 15 minutes) and she said she's interviewing Tamar tomorrow. I'm curious to see if she'll ask her about Jeannie's engagement and the tweet.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I watched Wendy Williams today (thank goodness the "At Home Not Topics" only last for 15 minutes) and she said she's interviewing Tamar tomorrow. I'm curious to see if she'll ask her about Jeannie's engagement and the tweet.

Ooh that sounds interesting. 

58 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Also wanted to mention that the show will be back live with "At Home" shows beginning Monday! :)

Yes! This is great news. I find these ladies comforting. Sharon annoys me on The Talk, and Meghan annoys me on The View. I like each and every girl on The Real. Not saying I agree with everything they say, but I think they're all goodhearted. 

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 10:23 PM, RealHousewife said:

Ooh that sounds interesting. 

Yes! This is great news. I find these ladies comforting. Sharon annoys me on The Talk, and Meghan annoys me on The View. I like each and every girl on The Real. Not saying I agree with everything they say, but I think they're all goodhearted. 

They showed a clip of the "at home" show and teased Jeannie spilling the deets on her engagement. I'm so glad they're coming back with new shows.

My feelings about Amanda change a lot. As I said before, I like that she's outspoken and doesn't tip toe around tougher issues, but when I watch the episodes without her I feel like the vibe is just gels better. She's not a bad host by any means, but I feel like Tamera and Adrienne are too timid to voice their disagreements with her and while Jeannie speaks up, it's like she doesn't want to rock the boat too much. If the other ladies pushed back a bit in a firm but respectful way, I feel like the panel would be more balanced. Just my two cents.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

They showed a clip of the "at home" show and teased Jeannie spilling the deets on her engagement. I'm so glad they're coming back with new shows.

My feelings about Amanda change a lot. As I said before, I like that she's outspoken and doesn't tip toe around tougher issues, but when I watch the episodes without her I feel like the vibe is just gels better. She's not a bad host by any means, but I feel like Tamera and Adrienne are too timid to voice their disagreements with her and while Jeannie speaks up, it's like she doesn't want to rock the boat too much. If the other ladies pushed back a bit in a firm but respectful way, I feel like the panel would be more balanced. Just my two cents.

I agree. I like that Amanda is intelligent and not all pollyanna like the other hosts can be, but she comes across too strong sometimes. She rubbed me the wrong way with the Jussee discussion awhile back. This is somewhat minor, but in a recent episode she said something along the lines that we shouldn't use the word ho after Loni did, then she said they should make ho a positive. Loni then said she meant it positively. I wonder if the other hosts get annoyed by that sort of stuff. 

I also felt for poor Loni during the smelly food discussion and then the broken Tiffany glass she replaced. Maybe it's because I don't eat them myself and not around folks who do often, but egg whites aren't THAT terrible to me. Jeannie was right. Tamara has kids and Adrienne wants them. You regularly have and regularly will smell much worse! Pho doesn't even have a bad scent to me. And then obviously Loni probably should have copped to breaking the glass when it happened, but showing up with one for her anniversary was still sweet and thoughtful, even if it was a replacement. Adrienne just wanted to focus on the fact she broke it and kept it to herself until she replaced it. Accidents happen, and most folks aren't as honest as Tamara. 

• Love 2
On 4/9/2020 at 11:51 PM, rmcrae said:

I loved the way Jeannie described her engagement. I think she's an engaging storyteller overall. I don't get why Tamar (and sometimes Amanda?) don't seem to like her. 

Speaking of Tamar, I went down a YouTube rabbit hole of old show clips to find Jeezy's first appearance on the show. And I quickly remembered why I didn't watch the first 2 seasons of The Real. Tamar was rude and downright tiring. She was awful to watch. Some YouTubers commented that they miss her because she added "spice" to the show. What spice would that be? A bitter herb? Because I didn't find her enjoyable in any of the clips I saw.* She interrupted her co-hosts with rude comments, she wasn't open to others' opinions, and she constantly felt the need to make biting Real Housewives-type comments during Girl Chats. I'm not calling her ghetto as some people have. But their discussions weren't as conversational and didactic as they are now (even if they disagree on a topic).

*Exception: I liked Tamar in the Cheetahlicious Dance Off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, topanga said:

I loved the way Jeannie described her engagement. I think she's an engaging storyteller overall. I don't get why Tamar (and sometimes Amanda?) don't seem to like her. 

Speaking of Tamar, I went down a YouTube rabbit hole of old show clips to find Jeezy's first appearance on the show. And I quickly remembered why I didn't watch the first 2 seasons of The Real. Tamar was rude and downright tiring. She was awful to watch. Some YouTubers commented that they miss her because she added "spice" to the show. What spice would that be? A bitter herb? Because I didn't find her enjoyable in any of the clips I saw.* She interrupted her co-hosts with rude comments, she wasn't open to others' opinions, and she constantly felt the need to make biting Real Housewives-type comments during Girl Chats. I'm not calling her ghetto as some people have. But their discussions weren't as conversational and didactic as they are now (even if they disagree on a topic).

"Bitter herb"! 🤣 I agree with every bit of your post, @topanga. Tamar made me laugh sometimes, but she wasn't a team player and acted like she was Diana Ross and the other co-hosts were the Supreme. I'm all for outspoken people expressing themselves, but it becomes a problem when they bulldoze over the opinions of others and hog the spotlight. That's not being "real". Unless it's a real pain the ass. Lol.

And thanks for that funny dance-off clip! 😁

• Love 2
12 hours ago, topanga said:

Tamar never liked Jeannie and I never understood why. Perhaps that comment Jeannie made about keeping Black men as dark meat on the side probably rubbed her the wrong way.  However, I remember Tamar being mean to her even before that comment.  I think Tamar was insecure and it just bothered her that Jeannie was so bubbly and self-confident. Tamar really bonded with Tamara and Adrienne on and off the show, those three really connected. Loni was always defending and protecting Jeannie from Tamar..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Tamar never liked Jeannie and I never understood why. Perhaps that comment Jeannie made about keeping Black men as dark meat on the side probably rubbed her the wrong way.  However, I remember Tamar being mean to her even before that comment.  I think Tamar was insecure and it just bothered her that Jeannie was so bubbly and self-confident. Tamar really bonded with Tamara and Adrienne on and off the show, those three really connected. Loni was always defending and protecting Jeannie from Tamar..

And here's the receipt (starts at 3:38): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ypb3h5CDyo.

I know people can be one way on television and completely different behind the scenes, but I don't believe Tamar's story about Jeannie for a second. I've never heard Jeannie brag about her accomplishments or behave in a superior fashion. Tamar, on the other hand...

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

And here's the receipt (starts at 3:38): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ypb3h5CDyo.

I know people can be one way on television and completely different behind the scenes, but I don't believe Tamar's story about Jeannie for a second. I've never heard Jeannie brag about her accomplishments or behave in a superior fashion. Tamar, on the other hand...

I think it was a misunderstanding on Tamar's part and it just fueled her animosity.  Tamar is also a drama queen and quick to fight with people, I mean look at how she acted with her sisters.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/17/2020 at 9:54 PM, rmcrae said:

I think you’re right. Based on Tamar’s own words, she thought Jeannie was persnipety (I learned a new word today) because Jeannie had been on multiple TV shows and was flipping her hair—which we now know Jeannie does all of the time. And Loni added that Jeannie was a fashionista. That probably added to Tamar’s insecurities, since Tamar thought she was supposed to be the fashionista of the group.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I am loving the real at home. Tamara  Jeannie and Adrienne are absolutely breathtaking with their minimal makeup.  I am loving Loni's braids and I remember her saying that she is scared to wear her natural hair on the show and that instagram picture with her curls was just awesome. Amanda seems more relaxed at home and she is starting to gel with the ladies.. I don't know what the future holds but I hope the ladies bring more of themselves  via their natural looks from home to the show. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I wish we got more currently filmed episodes. I'd be so curious to hear what the ladies, especially Amanda, have to say about what's going on right now. It's heartbreaking.  

I can't find the link to the video, but I was watching Youtuber Laila Lynn's livestream and she showed a clip of Amanda confirming today that her contract with the show is up and she won't be renewing it. Can't say I'm surprised, but I wish Amanda the best on whatever she does next. They should've just left the panel the way it was and hopefully they'll leave it at four or hire Tisha Campbell or Yvette Nicole Brown.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I can't find the link to the video, but I was watching Youtuber Laila Lynn's livestream and she showed a clip of Amanda confirming today that her contract with the show is up and she won't be renewing it. Can't say I'm surprised, but I wish Amanda the best on whatever she does next. They should've just left the panel the way it was and hopefully they'll leave it at four or hire Tisha Campbell or Yvette Nicole Brown.

Oh wow. I know the chemistry with her wasn't the best, but still kind of sad to see her go. She's someone I'd really enjoy on another platform. I think she's intelligent, and I appreciate that she's a deep, educated, and passionate person. I wish her the best too. Agree, they should have left the show with the four girls or hired Tisha or Yvette. Even Tamar had a better chemistry with the other hosts imo. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Surprisingly, this news saddens me. While the chemistry on the panel has never been perfect since she's been there, Amanda was becoming more of a team player, and I actually looked forward to her perspective on certain topics. 

But yeah, I was originally rooting for Tisha or Yvette. Or leave it at four with the occasional guest co-host. 

• Love 2
(edited)

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/amanda-seales-not-renewing-the-real-contract-black-voices-not-respected-160323161.html

I wasn’t a fan of Amanda being added, but I thought she was settling in. I guess she feels she was being stifled. I think Amanda is in that place in life where she is young and brash and likes to stir the pot and say things for effect without respect to repercussions. That doesn’t always translate on this type of format where they have to consider ratings, sponsors, and legal issues with what is said. I think she’s very talented and I hope she finds a spot that is right for her. Maybe a podcast? 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I agree with your post, I did like Amanda but she was too "real" when it comes to Black issues and that would make some people uncomfortable but it is very ironic with the country rioting and in pain over a Black man's murder that she would leave at this perilous moment in our country.  Amanda also said that she butted heads with an executive who is actively suppressing the voices of women of color on the show. I wonder if it is the same lady that clashed with Tamar who was also too real at times..

The panel was fine as it was after Tamar was fired.  If the show had Black people in positions of power at the real making decisions and understanding the perspectives of people of color, perhaps Amanda would have stayed.. She did make it clear that she had no issues with the ladies. For better of for worst, I did like how Amanda challenged the ladies to go deep and not just look at issues that affect us as people of color superficially..  I noticed there is alot of hatred directed at Loni with people saying that Loni got Amanda fired like she did with Tamar.. People have been hating on Loni for so many things for a while now.. It is very interesting..

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/amanda-seales-not-renewing-the-real-contract-black-voices-not-respected-160323161.html

I wasn’t a fan of Amanda being added, but I thought she was settling in. I guess she feels she was being stifled. I think Amanda is in that place in life where she is young and brash and likes to stir the pot and say things for effect without respect to repercussions. That doesn’t always translate on this type of format where they have to consider ratings, sponsors, and legal issues with what is said. I think she’s very talented and I hope she finds a spot that is right for her. Maybe a podcast? 

She has a podcast--I think it's called Small Doses. I listened to a couple of episodes a few years ago but stopped because she's supposed to be funny but didn't make laugh once. I was expecting Trevor Noah or Jessica Williams but got... Amanda Seals. 

15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I agree with your post, I did like Amanda but she was too "real" when it comes to Black issues and that would make some people uncomfortable but it is very ironic with the country rioting and in pain over a Black man's murder that she would leave at this perilous moment in our country.  Amanda also said that she butted heads with an executive who is actively suppressing the voices of women of color on the show. I wonder if it is the same lady that clashed with Tamar who was also too real at times..

I would have loved to hear all 5 co-hosts, including Amanda, discuss this case, including the protests that followed. And the rioting/looting that followed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I always forget that the show is on hiatus between June and September. I also wish that they were still on to share their thoughts on what's going on.

I was talking to a friend of mine last night about Amanda's departure from the show and she told me that while she agreed with a lot of Amanda's points, her delivery came off as more condescending than educational/helpful and it ruined the message for her. Like Tam always says "it's not what you say. It's how you say it." I didn't really think about it that way, but I see her point.

Good on Amanda for shutting down all the chatter about there being bad blood between the ladies.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I always forget that the show is on hiatus between June and September. I also wish that they were still on to share their thoughts on what's going on.

I was talking to a friend of mine last night about Amanda's departure from the show and she told me that while she agreed with a lot of Amanda's points, her delivery came off as more condescending than educational/helpful and it ruined the message for her. Like Tam always says "it's not what you say. It's how you say it." I didn't really think about it that way, but I see her point.

Good on Amanda for shutting down all the chatter about there being bad blood between the ladies.

I agree with your friend and I will always big up someone who talks about Black issues but Amanda comes off too nasty and rude. She also needs to remember Black folks always found ways to find joy out of life even in our darkest hours.. It is why we are still here despite everything.  Wherever we are in the world we always influence the culture with our creativity and our zest for life.  She needs to lighten up.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Oh my gosh I forgot about the hiatus too! I will have The Real withdrawal.

Amanda has so many great qualities, and I’d love to hear what she has to say more then ever. But I get what you guys mean. She could get a little a bit abrasive at times. The other women are not into arguing. It’s one of the reasons I love the show, the feel-good vibes. Even when you can tell one of them didn’t appreciate what another said, it’s sort of like watching sisters have some short-lived tension, nothing ugly. 

• Love 3