Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
RealHousewife

The Real

Recommended Posts


Thanks @RealHousewife! I think the other thread was deleted because there wasn’t as much activity as the others. 

Seems like they’re looking for a fifth permanent host with these week-long guest co-hosts. Personally I like having just the four of them. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

No problem guys!

I like just the four of them too. I’m not opposed to bringing in a new host if they find one that fits in well. 

I found the hug topic interesting. I’m the type who doesn’t want to offend. Sometimes not approaching for hugs can make you seem cold and unfriendly. But then you don’t want to invade the space of people who hate hugs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I like having the four hosts too. Maybe they'll just use this 5th host chair as a revolving one as a way to get some more viewers, allow people to promote their stuff and to get people to host who wouldn't want to take on the job as a full time position. 

Eva annoyed me too many times during last week. I got peeved at her reaction regarding Keanu Reeves girlfriend looking older at one point she made what looked like a disgusted face when told she was younger. With all the talk of his girlfriend's looks I didn't see anyone covering the non story really say that he looks really good for his age still which would make anyone younger than him showing their age look older. Hope I made sense with my wording even though I'm still not happy with the way I put things even after changing it a couple times before submitting.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I noticed Eva’s face @ the girlfriend too. It rubbed me the wrong way. The other girls are all so nice. If they were to get a fifth judge, please no Eva. Yvette Nicole Brown is probably my favorite guest host. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I'm watching Friday's episode now, and it is awkward...

What happened if you don't mind me asking?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

What happened if you don't mind me asking?

Jeannie's friend Shannon Boodram is a "sexologist." Tisha also knows her, and Adrienne follows her on Instagram. The topic was her secretly watching people on dates, giving cue cards to help them know what to say, and giving makeovers. As soon as Adrienne finished explaining, Loni said "white people." Then the girls went back and forth on what color she is. 

Jeannie explained that Shannon is a feminist who wants to empower women, very passionate and educated about intimacy, and that she has a lot of good advice about how to communicate and that she would be a big help if you need assistance in these areas. Loni said if you need someone following you around on a date, you need to reassess yourself. Tamara, Tisha, and Adrienne kept out of the tension. Tamara looked uncomfortable and covered her face at some of the stuff Loni said. Loni asked how much Shannon charges, and none of them knew. Loni made a face and was like y'all are her friends and don't know? Jeannie looked hurt by that and said to check out her Instagram because she has a lot of good tips that you can get for free there. 

I don't think Loni meant to be hurtful. I think she was just trying to get a laugh, but I get Jeannie being offended and taking up for her friend. If I were Jeannie, I wouldn't want my friend to be mocked on my show. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Jeannie's friend Shannon Boodram is a "sexologist." Tisha also knows her, and Adrienne follows her on Instagram. The topic was her secretly watching people on dates, giving cue cards to help them know what to say, and giving makeovers. As soon as Adrienne finished explaining, Loni said "white people." Then the girls went back and forth on what color she is. 

Jeannie explained that Shannon is a feminist who wants to empower women, very passionate and educated about intimacy, and that she has a lot of good advice about how to communicate and that she would be a big help if you need assistance in these areas. Loni said if you need someone following you around on a date, you need to reassess yourself. Tamara, Tisha, and Adrienne kept out of the tension. Tamara looked uncomfortable and covered her face at some of the stuff Loni said. Loni asked how much Shannon charges, and none of them knew. Loni made a face and was like y'all are her friends and don't know? Jeannie looked hurt by that and said to check out her Instagram because she has a lot of good tips that you can get for free there. 

I don't think Loni meant to be hurtful. I think she was just trying to get a laugh, but I get Jeannie being offended and taking up for her friend. If I were Jeannie, I wouldn't want my friend to be mocked on my show. 

Loni took it too far. She should have stopped and apologized the minute she realized that Jeannie was offended. Then that whole “everyone at this table makes black and white jokes” was a non apology and her not taking responsibility for her actions. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/28/2019 at 2:09 PM, spunky said:

Loni took it too far. She should have stopped and apologized the minute she realized that Jeannie was offended. Then that whole “everyone at this table makes black and white jokes” was a non apology and her not taking responsibility for her actions. 

This! Loni told a weak joke and should’ve just acknowledged the fact (which was pointed out to her by the other ladies) that the young lady wasn’t white. She ended up making a fool of herself by doubling down on it and I have major respect for Jeannie for sticking up for her friend.

I’ve noticed Loni gets defensive and raises her voice when the others don’t agree with her and she seems out of it. Like she’d rather be anywhere else but at that table. If she doesn’t fix her sourpuss attitude then she can hit the bricks. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

This! Loni told a weak joke and should’ve just acknowledged the fact (which was pointed out to her by the other ladies) that the young lady wasn’t white. She ended up making a fool of herself by doubling down on it and I have major respect for Jeannie for sticking up for her friend.

I’ve noticed Loni gets defensive and raises her voice when the others don’t agree with her and she seems out of it. Like she’d rather be anywhere else but at that table. If she doesn’t fix her sourpuss attitude then she can hit the bricks. 

She’s definitely been very grumpy or super emotional lately. She needs to get it all the way together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/3/2019 at 10:23 PM, rmcrae said:

This! Loni told a weak joke and should’ve just acknowledged the fact (which was pointed out to her by the other ladies) that the young lady wasn’t white. She ended up making a fool of herself by doubling down on it and I have major respect for Jeannie for sticking up for her friend.

I’ve noticed Loni gets defensive and raises her voice when the others don’t agree with her and she seems out of it. Like she’d rather be anywhere else but at that table. If she doesn’t fix her sourpuss attitude then she can hit the bricks. 

Yes, she’s been pissy for a while. Last week someone interrupted her while she was talking—which was rude, yes, but it doesn’t happen often—and she pouted for the rest of the segment. Even when someone asked her to finish her point, she made a face and shook her head. And she’s the oldest one on the panel. Why the childish theatrics?
 

Tisha is my favorite guest host, but I like the idea of only 4 permanent hosts. Tisha has great stories. I loved her friend’s dying mom whose advice to her daughter and her daughter’s friends was to “Ho it up.” 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/3/2019 at 10:23 PM, rmcrae said:

This! Loni told a weak joke and should’ve just acknowledged the fact (which was pointed out to her by the other ladies) that the young lady wasn’t white. She ended up making a fool of herself by doubling down on it and I have major respect for Jeannie for sticking up for her friend.

I’ve noticed Loni gets defensive and raises her voice when the others don’t agree with her and she seems out of it. Like she’d rather be anywhere else but at that table. If she doesn’t fix her sourpuss attitude then she can hit the bricks. 

Loni should have done what Sheryl from the talk did when she made a joke about Black hair a few years ago that fell flat. It sparked a backlash and Sheryl gave a sincere apology.  I do think in the climate that we are in, Loni should refrain from making jokes about race on live television. It can be misconstrued and go viral.  

I do think that Loni would like the show to tackle more serious issues and not lame subjects like:have you ever forged your parents signature as a kid. Even when they do talk about something serious, they only look at it superficially..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't been watching as frequently this past couple months and was wondering if Loni had talked about her boyfriend recently. I only ask because I was trying to figure out what might be causing Loni's attitude this season that I've even picked up on not watching regularly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Jaded said:

I haven't been watching as frequently this past couple months and was wondering if Loni had talked about her boyfriend recently. I only ask because I was trying to figure out what might be causing Loni's attitude this season that I've even picked up on not watching regularly. 

She’s talked about him over the past few weeks, so it seems like they’re still together. 

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, topanga said:

Yes, she’s been pissy for a while. Last week someone interrupted her while she was talking—which was rude, yes, but it doesn’t happen often—and she pouted for the rest of the segment. Even when someone asked her to finish her point, she made a face and shook her head. And she’s the oldest one on the panel. Why the childish theatrics?
 

Tisha is my favorite guest host, but I like the idea of only 4 permanent hosts. Tisha has great stories. I loved her friend’s dying mom whose advice to her daughter and her daughter’s friends was to “Ho it up.” 

I noticed that too, @topanga. Either Loni’s learned to hide her annoyance or she’s genuinely trying to change her attitude because she hasn’t been as rude and bitchy recently. 

I like Tisha too. Much like Yvette Nicole Brown, she’s filled in as a guest host on many other shows and fits in well. 

Speaking of guest hosts, does anyone else remember when Ashanti filled in for a week a few years back? Beautiful lady, but dull as I don’t know what. Bless her.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, auntiemel said:

I think Monica has been my favorite guest host.

I enjoyed Miss Thang as well. She's chill and down to earth, but also sassy and won't take no backchat.

Did you guys see Shannon Boodram's appearance last Friday? I was even more annoyed with Loni that day than I was when she made those comments. Here Shannon is apologizing to Loni for some of her fans attacking her on social media and did Loni apologize for her comments? That'd be a NO! Is it really that difficult for her to take responsibility for her actions? You don't have to roll around like Patti LaBelle in a mound of fire ants. Just say "sorry".

Just now, rmcrae said:

I enjoyed Miss Thang as well. She's chill and down to earth, but also sassy and won't take no backchat.

Did you guys see Shannon Boodram's appearance last Friday? I was even more annoyed with Loni that day than I was when she initially made those comments. Here Shannon is apologizing to Loni for some of her fans attacking her on social media and did Loni apologize for her comments? That'd be a NO! Is it really that difficult for her to take responsibility for her actions? You don't have to roll around like Patti LaBelle in a mound of fire ants. Just say "sorry".

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I enjoyed Miss Thang as well. She's chill and down to earth, but also sassy and won't take no backchat.

Did you guys see Shannon Boodram's appearance last Friday? I was even more annoyed with Loni that day than I was when she made those comments. Here Shannon is apologizing to Loni for some of her fans attacking her on social media and did Loni apologize for her comments? That'd be a NO! Is it really that difficult for her to take responsibility for her actions? You don't have to roll around like Patti LaBelle in a mound of fire ants. Just say "sorry".

I saw that episode. I thought it was great they had her on, and I liked that Shannon felt bad about Loni getting attacked. However when I watched I was like, am I crazy or does Shannon not deserve an apology as well?! I agree it didn’t have to be a dramatic thing. Just say you were trying to be funny and apologize for sounding as if you don’t respect her work and for hurting her feelings. I really don’t think Loni meant harm, but I absolutely get why Shannon’s feelings were hurt. Overall, I liked that the ladies all got along. This show is a favorite of mine because it’s generally positive and not mean-spirited and all the hosts seem to like one another. I want it to stay that way.

The discussion about the gifts was interesting. How did Tamera forget about Tiffany earrings?! And why would Loni regift stuff from Tamera it she’s a good gift giver? I wonder if Tamera gifts her beautiful things that just aren’t her style. I like the element of surprise, but I hate waste. I don’t like spending a ton on something if I don’t know someone will like it, and I feel bad when someone splurges on something I will never use. When in doubt, I’ll often get small gifts (maybe a box of chocolate, something random that I know is needed like a phone charger, a skin care product, etc) just so there’s stuff to open but then have the majority of the present really be a gift card that can be spent on something that the recipient of the gift will get some use out of. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

@RealHousewife, gift cards are my go-to gifts as well. They can use it to buy whatever they want or need.

Looks like they've chosen their fifth co-host: https://thejasminebrand.com/2019/12/20/exclusive-the-real-to-announce-amanda-seales-as-permanent-5th-co-host-in-2020/.

I'm a bit iffy about Amanda Seales. I like that she's into more serious issues (political and racial especially), but she has a bit of a know-it-all attitude that rubs me the wrong way sometimes. Might just be me, but I felt like Tamera wasn't really feeling her and I get the feeling Loni will be butting heads with Amanda a lot. I'm all for a debate, but I don't want it to become a screaming match.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

@RealHousewife, gift cards are my go-to gifts as well. They can use it to buy whatever they want or need.

Looks like they've chosen their fifth co-host: https://thejasminebrand.com/2019/12/20/exclusive-the-real-to-announce-amanda-seales-as-permanent-5th-co-host-in-2020/.

I'm a bit iffy about Amanda Seales. I like that she's into more serious issues (political and racial especially), but she has a bit of a know-it-all attitude that rubs me the wrong way sometimes. Might just be me, but I felt like Tamera wasn't really feeling her and I get the feeling Loni will be butting heads with Amanda a lot. I'm all for a debate, but I don't want it to become a screaming match.

I'm iffy on Amanda too. I don't know enough about her yet. Ditto on the screaming match. I don't want this show to turn into The View! I don't mind political and racial talk-Amanda's quite good at it. I just don't want to see lots of tension, not on this show. Honestly, I enjoyed Tamar because she was fun and made me laugh. I like this show to remain girlfriends dishing on various topics. I want them to have girl chats discussing life, love, relationships of all kinds, have some humor, and no more than the occasional heated discussion. Each show has their little niche. The View is more political. The Talk & The Real are somewhat similar, except The Real appeals to a younger audience. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, rmcrae said:

@RealHousewife, gift cards are my go-to gifts as well. They can use it to buy whatever they want or need.

Looks like they've chosen their fifth co-host: https://thejasminebrand.com/2019/12/20/exclusive-the-real-to-announce-amanda-seales-as-permanent-5th-co-host-in-2020/.

I'm a bit iffy about Amanda Seales. I like that she's into more serious issues (political and racial especially), but she has a bit of a know-it-all attitude that rubs me the wrong way sometimes. Might just be me, but I felt like Tamera wasn't really feeling her and I get the feeling Loni will be butting heads with Amanda a lot. I'm all for a debate, but I don't want it to become a screaming match.

I like Amanda but she is not necessary.  I think the ladies are better as a quartet.  I don't think Amanda will fit in with the ladies because they tend to have a pollyanna view of the world that I find shocking because they are women of color. However, Loni holds back her real feelings and she had an interview where she discussed this in depth, but I digress.  Amanda will force them to go deeper and that will make them uncomfortable causing tension, especially with Tamera who does not like to talk about racial issues. Tamera does not seem to embrace her Black identity. I know she is mixed race but she looks Black, she is not racially ambiguous like Mariah Carey or Rashida Jones. 

 Amanda would fit in better at the talk if she was older because she reminds of Aisha Tyler who is brilliant. She could look at a topic and not afraid to dive in deep without the others on the panel devolving into a screaming match over a difference of opinion like the view. Sharon was the only one who hated Aisha Tyler because of her intelligence. She was intimidated by her and probably called her a know-it-all.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I like Amanda but she is not necessary.  I think the ladies are better as a quartet.  I don't think Amanda will fit in with the ladies because they tend to have a pollyanna view of the world that I find shocking because they are women of color. However, Loni holds back her real feelings and she had an interview where she discussed this in depth, but I digress.  Amanda will force them to go deeper and that will make them uncomfortable causing tension, especially with Tamera who does not like to talk about racial issues. Tamera does not seem to embrace her Black identity. I know she is mixed race but she looks Black, she is not racially ambiguous like Mariah Carey or Rashida Jones. 

 Amanda would fit in better at the talk if she was older because she reminds of Aisha Tyler who is brilliant. She could look at a topic and not afraid to dive in deep without the others on the panel devolving into a screaming match over a difference of opinion like the view. Sharon was the only one who hated Aisha Tyler because of her intelligence. She was intimidated by her and probably called her a know-it-all.

I also prefer them as a quartet even though I have no problem with Amanda as a person. As much as I like that this show is more positive, I completely agree about the pollyanna view of the world, especially in regards to motherhood. I'm not sure how many times I've heard mothers praised as though they do no wrong and always know best. There are mothers out there who are abusive, lazy, and just not good people. 

I loved Aisha! Definitely a smart woman with a great personality for a talk show.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/20/2019 at 11:24 PM, rmcrae said:

I'm a bit iffy about Amanda Seales. I like that she's into more serious issues (political and racial especially), but she has a bit of a know-it-all attitude that rubs me the wrong way sometimes. Might just be me, but I felt like Tamera wasn't really feeling her and I get the feeling Loni will be butting heads with Amanda a lot. I'm all for a debate, but I don't want it to become a screaming match.

Amanda is probably my least favorite guest host. She dominates the conversation, and when she’s on the show, the table loses some of the warm sister-friend vibes I’m used to feeling  

I’ll admit that their conversations are sometimes superficial and pointless—having a 10-minute debate about whether pineapple belongs on pizza, for example. But I don’t want this show to turn into a screaming match like The View. Or even some of the passive-aggressive nastiness that we get from Mrs. O on The Talk. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/27/2019 at 10:43 AM, RealHousewife said:

Jeannie looked hurt by the girls not bothering to read her Christmas cards. I always read cards I’m given and expect people I give cards to, to read mine. 

I love Jeannie and I would read her cards.  Jeannie has really come into her own.  Tamera has as well.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I love Jeannie and I would read her cards.  Jeannie has really come into her own.  Tamera has as well.  

I would too. I am shocked that none of them bother to read her cards. It’s rude imo. If she took the time to be thoughtful, you can take a minute or two, to see what your friend has to say. 

I generally enjoy Adrienne, but I thought it was really awful that she proudly snoops through people’s phones and such. She admitted this years ago, but I still remember because I was stunned she found it so adorable that she violates people’s privacy. Yet she doesn’t care to read what her friend actually wrote for her...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I would too. I am shocked that none of them bother to read her cards. It’s rude imo. If she took the time to be thoughtful, you can take a minute or two, to see what your friend has to say. 

I generally enjoy Adrienne, but I thought it was really awful that she proudly snoops through people’s phones and such. She admitted this years ago, but I still remember because I was stunned she found it so adorable that she violates people’s privacy. Yet she doesn’t care to read what her friend actually wrote for her...

I enjoy Adrienne as well. However, I gave her the serious side eye when she said that she does not know how to read time and she does not wash her hands after using the bathroom at home.  I thought it was TMI.  I did not really like her when Tamar was there, I felt that she and the others did not defend Jeannie from Tamar's constant bullying..  Jeannie always handled Tamar with so much grace than she deserved..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

I enjoy Adrienne as well. However, I gave her the serious side eye when she said that she does not know how to read time and she does not wash her hands after using the bathroom at home.  I thought it was TMI.  I did not really like her when Tamar was there, I felt that she and the others did not defend Jeannie from Tamar's constant bullying..  Jeannie always handled Tamar with so much grace than she deserved..

I didn’t watch the show then, but I see Tamar berate her sisters on their show. She must have a been a mess with her co-hosts.  

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Amanda was officially announced as a co-host today. I wonder what spurred the decision to recruit a 5th host. I had a couple thoughts.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Amanda was officially announced as a co-host today. I wonder what spurred the decision to recruit a 5th host. I had a couple thoughts.

Do tell!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/4/2020 at 12:18 AM, topanga said:

I didn’t watch the show then, but I see Tamar berate her sisters on their show. She must have a been a mess with her co-hosts.  

She certainly was. Jeannie would barely get three words out of her mouth before Tamar shouted her down and she’d roll her eyes and bop around in her seat whenever she disagreed with Tamera. I don’t remember her treating Adrienne like that and she and Loni were on the same page most of the time. Tamar could be funny and I liked hearing her opinions on Trump (or “Wig”, as she called him), but she was Team Too Much most of the time and that’s why she got the boot. Buh-to the BYE!

8 hours ago, Jaded said:

Amanda was officially announced as a co-host today. I wonder what spurred the decision to recruit a 5th host. I had a couple thoughts.

Spill! 

Loni was quick to shoot down the rumors that she’s leaving. Stick around as long as you straighten up and lose the ‘tude, girl. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Do tell!

 

26 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Spill! 

Loni was quick to shoot down the rumors that she’s leaving. Stick around as long as you straighten up and lose the ‘tude, girl. 

One thought I had was Adrienne might be planning for a baby and they wanted someone there as a host for when that time comes. I can't remember what my other thought was from earlier. I got distracted and forgot to come back and reply sooner. They might also be hoping to boost ratings with a new host.  

The Real already does so many in show advertisements for money that I'm dreading how many more will be done to cover the costs of an additional host salary.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, Jaded said:

 

One thought I had was Adrienne might be planning for a baby and they wanted someone there as a host for when that time comes. I can't remember what my other thought was from earlier. I got distracted and forgot to come back and reply sooner. They might also be hoping to boost ratings with a new host.  

The Real already does so many in show advertisements for money that I'm dreading how many more will be done to cover the costs of an additional host salary.

Oooh that's a good theory. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Is it me or has Jeannie been less talkative than usual?

The seating arrangement is still off to me. I like Loni being back in the middle, but I think Amanda should be on the end then Tam, Loni, Jeannie and Adrienne. 

Angry viewer: “I will no longer watch ‘The View’ as long as Amanda Seales is there!” 

Amanda: “That’s fine with me since I’m on ‘The Real’. If you’re coming for my neck, at least swing in the right direction.” 

Me: 😂

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Is it me or has Jeannie been less talkative than usual?

The seating arrangement is still off to me. I like Loni being back in the middle, but I think Amanda should be on the end then Tam, Loni, Jeannie and Adrienne. 

Angry viewer: “I will no longer watch ‘The View’ as long as Amanda Seales is there!” 

Amanda: “That’s fine with me since I’m on ‘The Real’. If you’re coming for my neck, at least swing in the right direction.” 

Me: 😂

I don't understand the ire against Amanda. I love her and I have a feeling that Loni campaigned to have her on the show.  Loni for a long time has wanted the ladies to talk about serious topics at time and I think Amanda brings depth.. A well educated Black woman who conducts herself with respect. 

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Amanda seems like someone that is serious too much..and gives off a superior vibe.  Will she be this show's Meghan Mccain... hmmm..stay tuned

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Amanda seems like someone that is serious too much..and gives off a superior vibe.  Will she be this show's Meghan Mccain... hmmm..stay tuned

Amanda earned her way in life whereas Megan was given everything. Not to mention, Amanda will never get away with what Megan gets away with.. Not even Tamar who was a piece of work was as horrible as John McCain's daughter..

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

The chemistry of the group seems way off this week. They keep accidentally talking over each other, there are awkward pauses in the conversation, and then Loni and Amanda got really passed at each other about something and actually stared each other down. I don’t think it’s because there are 5 of them. They aren’t like this when guests hosts are on. Maybe it’s the seating. I miss Tamera being on the end with Jeannie sitting right next to her. Tamera seems squished where she is, and Jeannie seems lonely on the end. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, topanga said:

The chemistry of the group seems way off this week. They keep accidentally talking over each other, there are awkward pauses in the conversation, and then Loni and Amanda got really passed at each other about something and actually stared each other down. I don’t think it’s because there are 5 of them. They aren’t like this when guests hosts are on. Maybe it’s the seating. I miss Tamera being on the end with Jeannie sitting right next to her. Tamera seems squished where she is, and Jeannie seems lonely on the end. 

I think the seating plays a part in it. Also I can tell Loni’s not too thrilled whenever Amanda disagrees with her. The other ladies have disagreed with Loni over the post-Tamar years, but Amanda doesn’t back down and she does so without being aggressive. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if the reason why Loni has been acting off this season at times is because she wasn't happy with the show wanting to hire a fifth host. They all probably knew the guest co-hosts were really auditioning but were trying to hide their thoughts on the matter from the audience. I didn't see much of the show Tuesday. Having said that I did notice what was mentioned above on Monday in regards to Loni and Amanda butting heads which felt really awkward as a viewer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I think the seating plays a part in it. Also I can tell Loni’s not too thrilled whenever Amanda disagrees with her. The other ladies have disagreed with Loni over the post-Tamar years, but Amanda doesn’t back down and she does so without being aggressive. 

I do like Amanda now, much to my surprise. I was one of the people who didn’t like her as a guest host because she tended to dominate every conversation. But this week, while she’s still been her usual outspoken self, she seems to have made a conscious effort not to over talk everyone. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe Boris Kodjoe and his wife met 20 years ago. Two such good-looking people in Hollywood lasting this long is so incredibly rare.

I would love to go to Africa someday. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Tamera had me in tears when she recalled working with Kobe on Sister, Sister and how humble and sweet he was. 😞 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Amanda was awesome yesterday regarding Terry Crews. It is not surprising that he would act that way but it is still disappointing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Amanda was awesome yesterday regarding Terry Crews. It is not surprising that he would act that way but it is still disappointing. 

I missed it. What did he do?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, topanga said:

I missed it. What did he do?

Terry Crews was on the Today show a few days ago and basically said there was no racism over at America's got talent and that so many people of color over there were having a wonderful time.  He basically threw Gabrielle Union under the bus.  Gabrielle union showed him so much love and support when he made his allegations of being sexually groped by a producer in Hollywood. Black men mocked him clowned him and called his manhood into question and Black women came to his defense. 

Now the shoe is on the other foot and he could not reciprocate the same support to Gabrielle. He could have refrained from making any comments about Gabrielle Union's allegation without putting his job in jeopardy at America's got talent.

There is a backlash against him right now.. He has doubled down and said the only woman he has to please is his wife.. It is amazing what Malcom X said decades ago remains true today regarding the plight of Black women.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size