Type keyword(s) to search

Music Videos: The Worst

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Maisiesmom said:

And that woman in the video with the big hair, tight skirt and too much eye make-up didnt see the purpose of her at all. All she did was walk around-I thought it was stupid.

Too much eye makeup?! That's how we wore it! It was a plethora of too much, really. Now you go with a bold lip or a bold eye and play subtle with the rest so as not to have some sort of makeup war on you face... then it was bold eyes, cheeks AND lips. Then the hair. 

But really, with this video... we all just need to respect the fact that they put a keyboard on the wall. ON THE WALL. "Now play the wall keyboard and lip synch at the camera!!"

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 8/29/2019 at 3:00 PM, Dandesun said:

Too much eye makeup?! That's how we wore it! It was a plethora of too much, really. Now you go with a bold lip or a bold eye and play subtle with the rest so as not to have some sort of makeup war on you face... then it was bold eyes, cheeks AND lips. Then the hair. 

Look, I'm just gonna come out and say it: I adore the '80s aesthetic; throwing all your makeup on at once, bigger the hair the closer to God, and the tackiest clothes imaginable. I live for that shit! It irritates me to no end when I watch a show like The Goldbergs and see the teen daughter looking like she could easily be going to school right now. The fashion dept on that show must be near tears for not being able to really go all out in the decade of excess. 

• Love 8

On 8/29/2019 at 12:31 AM, Trini said:

Hey, I think I remember watching that! Didn't someone end up destroying the actual tape of one of the worst videos at the end? I think it was Vanilla Ice with a baseball bat.

Yeah, it was. I remember Chris Kattan just yelling, "NO VANILLA!" because he was going crazy with that bat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, DarkHorse said:

Even back then I found it to be a really boring song. It needed the weird video to sell it. 

In those pre-scan days, it required Mr. Gabriel to have to spend many hours on end having rotting vegetables and fruit being placed around his head  and slowly moved around to reflect the song's lyrics. Perhaps one might say that this somewhat served him right. LOL

Edited by Blergh
  • LOL 1
On 8/29/2019 at 2:30 PM, Maisiesmom said:

It's such a terrible video that it kind of comes back around to be spectacular in it's cheesiness. "Okay guys... we're going to a lumber yard... and you're going to full on MIME playing your instruments for a lot of this... okay, now gather together... tighter... tighter... and fucking EMOTE AT THE CAMERA!!"

Been really nostalgic for the late 70s/early 80s lately and listening to some REO and Journey videos on YT as well as the Behind The Music segments (which were epic!).  Separate Ways is cringy to watch, especially now, but the cringe factor wasn't as apparent back then because bands could get away with this kind of cheese.

I hated, hated, HATED the Heart videos that pretty much blocked out Ann and sexploited Nancy and her boobs.  Especially the Alone video (the one, I think with the infamous 'gold mold')

7 minutes ago, ctlady said:

Been really nostalgic for the late 70s/early 80s lately and listening to some REO and Journey videos on YT as well as the Behind The Music segments (which were epic!).  Separate Ways is cringy to watch, especially now, but the cringe factor wasn't as apparent back then because bands could get away with this kind of cheese.

I remember seeing that video and mainly thinking about how much Steve Perry looked like Scot Baio throughout :p. 

The REO Speedwagon one that cracks me up is the one for "Can't Fight This Feeling", where the band's playing in this black space/void/whatever, and it'll show the lead singer...and then another band member just randomly floats by in front of him. That's my favorite thing about watching videos from the '80s, the super cheesy effects involved. I also love the videos where a band's playing in a bright white room, that look like they took about, like, $50 to make :p.

I hated, hated, HATED the Heart videos that pretty much blocked out Ann and sexploited Nancy and her boobs.  Especially the Alone video (the one, I think with the infamous 'gold mold')

I remember them talking about that on their "Behind the Music" episode, yeah. It really was ridiculous. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I remember seeing that video and mainly thinking about how much Steve Perry looked like Scot Baio throughout :p. 

The REO Speedwagon one that cracks me up is the one for "Can't Fight This Feeling", where the band's playing in this black space/void/whatever, and it'll show the lead singer...and then another band member just randomly floats by in front of him. That's my favorite thing about watching videos from the '80s, the super cheesy effects involved. I also love the videos where a band's playing in a bright white room, that look like they took about, like, $50 to make :p.

I remember them talking about that on their "Behind the Music" episode, yeah. It really was ridiculous. 

I remember the Heart Behind The Music episode. Seems like all the band members were either dating or breaking up, and the aftermath was a big ol' mess. Would have made for a great soap opera.

• Love 2
On 7/6/2014 at 3:39 AM, Jeebus Cripes said:

I love me some bad music videos. To be clear, I don't mean videos that are intentionally cheesy. I'm all about really bad videos that had no intention of sucking. Some of them might even have great songs attached to them, but the video is completely ridiculous. I record a lot of VH1 Classic, and I've seen some nightmares, but by far the absolute worst (but possibly best?) is this gem:

"Rock Me Tonite" by Billy Squier is just on another level, people. The satin sheets; the shirt ripping; the crawling on the floor; the pink; the DANCING. My god, the dancing. It's important to note that this is not a parody. This is Billy Squier's attempt at sexy. I live for how earnest he is about it all. Like, dude is giving you his everything, he's leaving it all out there, and it is fabulous. I can't even tell you how much life this bad video gives me. 

Didn't this video destroy his career?

• Sad 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

Didn't this video destroy his career?

In all seriousness, I heard it WAS one of the reasons Billy Squier suddenly did a fade. Guess going from rock god to dork is kind of a buzzkill.

• Love 1