Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I have never known Negan to be a dude who kept his pie hole shut and just observe.  He is always running his mouth about something.  But even if he were that type of individual, he has no first hand experience with the Whisperers, none.  All he can possibly know is second hand information which is only is as good as the people providing that information. In other words, pretty much useless.

There were a number of scenes last season of Negan sitting at his cell window obviously listening to people outside.  We got at least a couple of him talking to Judith or helping her with her homework, and the Alexandrians also helpfully insisted on having important conversations about whatever issue was roiling the community at the moment  on the steps outside his cell window as well.  Michonne at least figured that out after realizing how Judith was spending so much time hanging out with Negan.

Negan being a listener and observer is something that the showrunners keep mentioning in every interview or in every TTD appearance,  and frankly, it was an idea I always thought they were pushing a lot harder than they were showing.  But even with all the running of his mouth he was doing this episode, this one I could at least see it.  The Alpha/Beta argument over what to do with him that ends with Beta kneeling, for example, kept cutting back to Negan watching them and JDM to his credit did a good job showing the wheels in his head turning at that.

Up until now, he's been listening to everything the Alexandrians have been saying about the Whisperers while he's been picking tomatoes.  Now he's applying what he's heard to how it matches up to what he's seeing firsthand.  Negan's an obnoxious blowhard, but we know from all his mind games and dick measuring with Rick that he's also fairly astute about people when he has a mind to be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If the viewers have to read between the lines when it comes to what the writers are writing, why have any writers at all?

Because the alternative would be two hours of Chris Hardwick.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 3
On 11/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, Nashville said:

Since about mid-80s - long enough, at least, that the only people using it any more (in the U. S., at least) are dads who don’t know it’s no longer cool.  🙂

Hey, I resemble that remark 😉
Though I don't say it to be cool or thinking it's cool in any way.  Like I tell my kids, it's not my job to be cool anymore.

• LOL 3
27 minutes ago, rab01 said:

Hey, I resemble that remark 😉
Though I don't say it to be cool or thinking it's cool in any way.  Like I tell my kids, it's not my job to be cool anymore.

I gave up cool for Lent - of 1991.

Edited by Nashville
Excessive wordiness
  • LOL 1