Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Well, don't be too sure.  Part of the episode description next week is:

"Carol pushes boundaries that make Daryl uncomfortable". 

Admittedly, that could mean several different things  🙂

Shutty, slutty.

Shit all over my one last fantasy - sexless lurve, and a D.O.G. that hasn't been eaten by zombies.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Ouisch said:

My point is, hie is not a medical doctor,

Having just watched the episode I have to wonder about the pair of them, Dante touching a sick woman then without washing his hands, puts one of them on Coco’s face, Siddiq walked into disease central and then dumped the baby on the floor instead of getting her the hell out of there. No face masks, no basic hygiene precautions, letting a baby stay with a sick mother without knowing the source or if it’s transmissible. 😷🤒

• Love 16
9 hours ago, GustavMahler said:

One thing I have noticed: when the Walking Dead was good to very good, I had to be careful what I scanned on the internet once a new episode was over. Since I could not watch the show until Monday evening, I always needed to dodge spoiler articles or popular You Tube discussions where the titles would ruin an event or plot line. Now? Nothing....no one cares about this show anymore including myself. I do not even care if I am spoiled on an episode now, but funny enough, it is no longer an issue. 

I was exactly the same, Monday night was WD night in the UK, I watched the sneak peeks but never read a spoiler, especially the one from the spoiling dead posted here, but I’ve been reading them for the past few weeks. As you say, when the quality is good it’s worth the effort to keep the surprise element, but that hasn’t  really mattered for a long while now, which is a shame.

I do have to admit to liking Sunday’s offering though, the humour made a nice change, along with people never having sex they never seem to laugh or crack a joke, maybe Negan is being useful for once!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Having just watched the episode I have to wonder about the pair of them, Dante touching a sick woman then without washing his hands, puts one of them on Coco’s face, Siddiq walked into disease central and then dumped the baby on the floor instead of getting her the hell out of there. No face masks, no basic hygiene precautions, letting a baby stay with a sick mother without knowing the source or if it’s transmissible. 😷🤒

I know the writers aren't exactly knowledgeable about a whole shitload of stuff and can't be bothered Googling anything, but honestly! A candy-striper would know more about preventing cross-contamination. Why don't they at cut up some of those paper plates Gabe has stashed for his collars to make rudimentary face masks?

11 hours ago, GustavMahler said:

One thing I have noticed: when the Walking Dead was good to very good, I had to be careful what I scanned on the internet once a new episode was over. Since I could not watch the show until Monday evening, I always needed to dodge spoiler articles or popular You Tube discussions where the titles would ruin an event or plot line. Now? Nothing

Same! I loved being completely unspoiled even though it was hard to avoid. Now I watch all the clips on YT and read spoilers because, yeah - who cares? A few of them are least good for a mild chuckle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

We need you back, Carol. Burn them all!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

I NEED Terminus Carol back in my life - STAT.

I need the Terminus & Wolves Carol back, she would have crossed the border, walked into their pathetic camp and shot Baldy, Bayda and anyone else who dared stand in her way, Oh! The good old days 🔫

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Prison Carol knew how to deal with an epidemic:

epidemic107.jpg

She was correct. Rick the Dick was wrong, wrong, wrong.  

He got Jadis.  (how do I make that into a verb without too many apostrophes?)

Just desserts, I say.

• Love 3

Another episode and I’m still a bit lost.... I don’t know how much longer I can take the random, ridiculous musical interludes. Music just doesn’t fit in with the show. Sadiq is starting to give me a headache, I couldn’t work out in this one if his PTSD was progressing or if he’d come down with this mystery virus that seems to have flooded the camp quicker than the Black Plague.

the only part I actually enjoyed, was seeing carol and Daryl out together again, other than that, it was another ‘dead’ episode to me.

oh I also enjoyed NOT seeing the newcomers over at hilltop, the show has done nothing to endear them to the public-don’t care about them, don’t like them, don’t care if they die and I don’t even know their names 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I don’t know how much longer I can take the random, ridiculous musical interludes. Music just doesn’t fit in with the show.

It was like when they started eps with extreme closeups on peoples' faces, recently used those stupid time cards every 15 minutes and now with the "evocative" music: Every time they try to be what they think of as artistic or avant-garde, it just looks ridiculous. Their heavy-handed and self-conscious attempts at being artistes is embarrassing. I'd say it looks like a student project, but I've seen way better student-created videos on YT.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Prison Carol knew how to deal with an epidemic:

epidemic107.jpg

I love Carol dearly, but in hindsight maybe it's best she's out plotting against the Whisperers and chasing down the megaherd now that they've got an apparent epidemic back at base camp.  Although that would be one way to clear out some beds in the infirmary or get rid of irritating "medics."

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Their heavy-handed and self-conscious attempts at being artistes is embarrassing. I'd say it looks like a student project, but I've seen way better student-created videos on YT.

They might just hire them:🧟‍♀️

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

Wow, it doesn’t normally take us that long to copy what’s going on over there 🤔

You'd be better off not copying that one.

15 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Although that would be one way to clear out some beds in the infirmary or get rid of irritating "medics."

Are we supposed to know that woman who is deathly ill in the bed? I assume she's going to die. Since New Doc doesn't seem to have a clue about precautions, maybe he'll be next.

4 hours ago, lu1535 said:

Sometimes I wonder if Dante will turn out to be a Whisper plant. I don't trust him and he is just too obnoxious to be believed. 

It would make sense.  He does seem to be overly incompetent as a doctor.  Especially touching the baby's face after handling that sick woman.  And it sounded like Alpha was going to inject Gamma into the Hilltop undercover so that would fit in.

6 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Dante said “My Bad” to Siddiq, it’s very new over here, has it been out long in the US?

Since about mid-80s - long enough, at least, that the only people using it any more (in the U. S., at least) are dads who don’t know it’s no longer cool.  🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 11/12/2019 at 4:14 AM, Iguessnot said:

The problem was the walkers turned around immediately. Negan had been yapping the whole time, and wasn't even "disguised" so I assumed everyone around him and Beta were whisperers. The show runners should be ashamed of themselves for that sequence.

Otherwise I enjoyed the episode, except for Siddique. He's still acting weird so I have to go back to wondering if he's a Manchurian Candidate. Additionally the utter stupidity of dragging an infant around every sick person in the camp. 

I guess the rushing water is making everyone sick. However Daryl just slit a walker and put the entrails right over his mouth.

It would have been much more believable to show the whisperers tainting stored water rather than dumping stuff in the river on the pretext that nobody sanitizes river water where walkers and wildlife are free to roam. 

Thank you!!! I was just about to ask how Negan could wander in and around walkers without a skin mask, yapping at full volume and attract no attention from said walkers??? That’s some special bullshit even for Season 10 Walking Dead shenanigans..... 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Dante said “My Bad” to Siddiq, it’s very new over here, has it been out long in the US?

You mean as in the saying “my bad”? Are you from the UK? Because we’ve been saying it over here for decades, since sometime in the 70s or 80s

• Love 3
On 11/12/2019 at 12:36 PM, walnutqueen said:

Ya beat me to it.  Unfair Wolves 4ever!  

Hashtags are for losers.  ;~)() ???

(fuck, I don't know how to do old lady turkey wattles without annoying emoji thingeys!).

The unfair wolves had one of the best scenes of the series. Carol in the suburban kitchen looking out the window, sees some guy from Wrong Turn axing some random woman in the head. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

The unfair wolves had one of the best scenes of the series.

Also when Morgan had one of them on the ground and wanting to put him in the new, handy-dandy jail cell, speechifies to Carol about how all life is sacred or some shit. She listens then turns and shoots the Wolf in the head. Walks away. Loved it.

So I'm trying to rewatch this ep. I needed to see stuff I half-missed,  like how Saddiq takes the baby into the now SRO sick room, puts the kid on the floor next to guy a who looks half-dead and leaves him there. We're gonna need a lot more mint.

Also I missed Negan - in addition to 1 dick, 2 balls, shittin', pissin' and woody reference - also saying "tits." God, the brilliance! I need to start writing this stuff down.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

You mean as in the saying “my bad”? Are you from the UK?

Yes & Yes, the ‘youth’ over here end up copying everything that comes out of the US, good and bad, which quickly ends up in general usage, that’s why I was so surprised it’s been out so long, I heard a few people saying it here and thought what the hell are you talking about, your bad what? 🤔

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I agree.  Why is Saddiq carrying the baby around the hospital, exposing her to whatever flu it is that is making everyone sick?

Oh, wait.  Are they getting sick from the walker guts poisoned water?  I figured that ginormous windmill was pumping water from a well.

My bad.

Please tell me the Negan storyline isn't the writers' continued attempt to redeem him?  His apparent defection to the Whisperers is his way to get close enough to Alpha to kill her?  For Lydia?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Hey, what happened to Carol's drug habit that was so pointedly displayed? Did she run out of pills? Go cold turkey? Have an intervention?

See, Carol was trying to get her CDL so she could get a long haul job driving one of those horse drawn tractor trailers. The offers fell through and she failed her test, so she quit tweaking.

Im sure an upscale community like Alexandria had golf carts. A golf cart is a hell of a lot lighter for horses to pull than a heavy ass car. You need draft horses for heavy loads. Regular horses would get jaded. Also, electric carts. The tires would be easier to repair as would the engine, and Taterbug could do something with the batteries to get them to run horselessly. But of course he’s spending all his downtime on the Citizen Band. 

God I want Daryl and Carol to circle back and grab Connie and set off for new adventures. They can roll up wherever all the sick people are and Carol can burn them all up and let God sort the rest. I don’t care at all about the rest of them. Siddiq is super hot, but the most listless character they’ve ever had.

I said once this show was nothing without Rick Grimes. I was wrong because this show is nothing without Rick, Coral, and Glenn. They’re all gone and we are left with this stupidity. I don’t even like Michonne anymore. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I said once this show was nothing without Rick Grimes. I was wrong because this show is nothing without Rick, Coral, and Glenn. They’re all gone and we are left with this stupidity. I don’t even like Michonne anymore. 

I don't think it's the loss of Rick Grimes that's hurt this show because it was on life-support before he left.  The canonization of Rick has done more damage.  The guy's been gone for almost a decade.  It makes no sense to be following his rules now, especially when he was such a crappy leader.  They should have put a bullet in Negan's head the second Rick disappeared.  And if there were Saviours around who didn't like it, they could die too.

The loss of Glenn and Carl has done a lot of damage too.  Glenn and Carl were about the future.  About finding a way to survive the hell they were living in.  Maggie's absence has also made a difference.  We should be watching how she adjusts to the loss of her husband and raising their son alone.  Watching how she and Michonne deal with Michonne's irrational insistence in honouring Rick.  Bringing in horrible characters like Henry and Lydia and the horde of no-name newbies is no substitute for these characters.

I think one of the worst things is that we (the audience) know Rick Grimes ISN'T dead.  Michonne is acting like an idiot and Judith is shoved in our faces because they have movies to sell and they want to keep Rick front and center.  That's hurt this show more than just about anything.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

The loss of Glenn and Carl has done a lot of damage too.

Both had their characters assassinated, probably because TPTB thought we wouldn't care so much if they died. Glenn used to be a quirky, interesting, smart person, providing some humour and he was also a moral compass without preachiness. They turned him into a dreary, pedantic, monolguing bore before they killed him. By the time they had him giving that super-long, super-boring lecture to Enid, which he took the time to do without even knowing if his uber-beloved Maggie was dead or alive, I no longer cared if he went.

They turned Carl into a bumbling idiot, being caught and bitten in a way he never did even at the age of 10 and they didn't even let him do it in a memorable way - saving Judith or even Rick. They had him lose his smarts to honour some total stranger's deceased mother. That wasn't bad enough, so they made him into a Ghandi figure, preaching peace and understanding.

They murdered Rick too. No way would he have failed to kill Negan, over and over like some nitwit, in many slapstick, cringe-worthy stoopid scenes.

2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

but the most listless character they’ve ever had.

"Listless" is a good word for Saddiq. "Insipid" is another. He has no personality at all.

• Love 5

I don’t know how much longer I can take the random, ridiculous musical interludes. Music just doesn’t fit in with the show.

Yeah I think I said this last week, but this isn't Grey's Anatomy. Musical montages of various characters going about their various and sundry chores shouldn't be part of a show that takes place in a zombiefied, post-apocalyptic world. 

But I think it's a symptom of a larger problem, which is that the premise of the show has changed in such a fundamental way it's no longer the same story they were telling for the first six seasons. There's almost too much stability, too many characters and the action is too sedentary. Which is also why an idea like The Whisperers just doesn't fit anymore. The show has spent the last four seasons establishing more-or-less stable communities chock-full of amenities and people. A bunch of silly kooks wandering around in Walker masks shouldn't be a threat.

• Love 8

Sorry, but this show was always about Rick, love or hate him. It was dying, but it bit the dust the second Rick was spirited away on a spaceship or whatever. Andrew Lincoln was good enough to carry the show. No one left can do that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah I think I said this last week, but this isn't Grey's Anatomy. Musical montages of various characters going about their various and sundry chores shouldn't be part of a show that takes place in a zombiefied, post-apocalyptic world. 

But I think it's a symptom of a larger problem, which is that the premise of the show has changed in such a fundamental way it's no longer the same story they were telling for the first six seasons. There's almost too much stability, too many characters and the action is too sedentary. Which is also why an idea like The Whisperers just doesn't fit anymore. The show has spent the last four seasons establishing more-or-less stable communities chock-full of amenities and people. A bunch of silly kooks wandering around in Walker masks shouldn't be a threat.

Last week's pig roast musical montage was so awful, I couldn't believe it.

I agree about the absurdity of the people of Alexandria, Hilltop and Oceanside cowering in their boots over the Whisperers.  Individually, each community has dealt with worse.  Combined they should be able to take out the Whisperers without breaking a sweat.

I know that the TWD party line is that Carol is the baddest of the badasses but I find it next to impossible to believe that Michonne is cowering in her boots, leaving it up to Carol of all people, to come to the rescue.  Michonne has taken on hordes of walkers SINGLE-HANDED, barely breaking a sweat.  I was never a fan of her hooking up with Rick but Rick is long gone.  I find it hard to believe that Michonne would risk not only the community that she leads but her own children to keep the peace with a bunch of lunatics who wear dead skin and hang out with walkers.  Michonne was in the church when Camp Dinner Bell took care of Gareth and his Fine Young Cannibals.  Michonne knows what needs to be done to handle crazies like that.  As usual, Michonne is cut off at the knees to make someone else (usually Carol) look good.  I don't know who the woman with the dreadlocks is but it sure as shit ISN'T Michonne. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

If they’re going to do musical interludes, I insist on Du Hast. The Los Colorados cover. 

Well I’ll tell you what, that’s just snuck into my top ten 🙉 do they do weddings?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 11/14/2019 at 6:04 PM, mightysparrow said:

Michonne was in the church when Camp Dinner Bell took care of Gareth and his Fine Young Cannibals. 

Yabbut, that was before she became Rick's "Stand by Your Man" little woman. After that, whole different story. She physically tackled Maggie to prevent her from finishing off Negan, because Ricky decreed no harm to Negan, and of course, Negan hadn't murdered anyone important to HER. The fact that Glenn was Maggie's husband and father of their child? Well, too bad, so sad.

On 11/14/2019 at 5:18 PM, Mu Shu said:

Andrew Lincoln was good enough to carry the show. No one left can do that.

Pretty much this.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

NEIN! NEIN!

Seriously I love this.

We need this gang to show up at Alexandria next.

1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

But the dickmatized pod person

Good description, but when Ricky waved his Mighty Python around, no one was immune. 

• LOL 4
10 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Seriously I love this.  

Now you know why we’re so grateful for the English Channel.

I have to admit they do have a certain charm 🤗
Is that David Blaine on percussion?

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

All he can possibly know is second hand information which is only is as good as the people providing that information.

Maybe Lydia gave him all the details during their cozy little chats: "Tell Uncle Negan all about it, dear."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2