Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Sorry

• Start Topic

On 11/12/2019 at 10:52 PM, Conotocarious said:

Welp, I’m out. I always said if this show introduced an Alzheimer/dementia storyline I was gone. This show is too unrelentingly depressing as it is. I just attended the funeral of my old best friend in elementary schooll last weekend. Breast cancer, she was 46. Two years ago I attended the funeral of my 7 year old niece, who died of an asthma attack. I don’t even know why I was watching a show like this in the first place, to be honest. And now I’m not.

I agree...couldn’t they wait until another season? Just let Rebecca be happy with Kate’s baby, etc. I get it’s a Tv show and it needs drama but I’d like a little more time with normal Rebecca. 

• Love 4
On 11/16/2019 at 7:18 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I thought the boyfriend was super rude to abbreviate Randall’s name without permission AND belittle Kate’s movie choice. It’s fine not to want to see Practical Magic (And suggest something they both like), it’s not fine to demean your girlfriend for her desire to see it. There could be situations where the “12yrs old girl” line could be taken as a funny joke, but this wasn’t one of them. Kate was not laughing (genuinely). Alarm bells for me.

I think Rebecca was concerned about the banana because no that’s not a proper meal- Kate’s probably trying to drop weight really quickly that she gained after Jack’s death hence an 80 calorie lunch, and that’s not the healthiest thing either. But fat people cannot win- eat less and people are mad that you’re not eating enough .....but you’ve got to restrict your calories to lose weight!!!

I also think the boyfriend may be the one pushing her to lose weight. Making her feel bad about herself is another thing abusive boyfriends do. 

• Love 2
On 11/13/2019 at 12:18 AM, chocolatine said:

I hated that Rebecca got a job for which she wasn't qualified just because a Pearson man talked the manager into hiring her. That's not how life works. The fact that Randall got a scholarship to CMU was completely irrelevant since he wasn't the one who had to learn the software, and I wish the manager had told him as much. And then Rebecca had the nerve to complain that it's an entry-level job! We've never seen her work or even mention a job before (apart from the singing gigs), so of course any job she would get at any age would be entry-level.

I love Kate and Toby's neighbor and want a spin-off show about him. I care about his stroke recovery much more than whether Toby gets to see Baby Jack eat his first solid food. Or the entire Deja/Malik storyline.

So if Rebecca is on her death bed 12-15 years from now (when Tess is an adult, and Kevin's not-yet-born son looks to be around 11 or 12 years old), and she's already having symptoms of dementia, it's going to be a very long and difficult road. Poor Miguel will bear the worst of it, but of course we'll only hear how it affects Randall, Kevin, and Kate.

I have a feeling this wasn't the end for Kevin and Cassidy. She's going to go through with her divorce, and Kevin will keep coming into town to visit Nicky, and they'll reconnect.

Felt the same thing about Rebecca's complaining that she is only getting an entry level job.  Guess all the time singing in bars doesn't cut it in the real world.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, cameron said:

Felt the same thing about Rebecca's complaining that she is only getting an entry level job.  Guess all the time singing in bars doesn't cut it in the real world.

That’s not at all how I interpreted her sadness. She wasn’t crying because she could only rate an entry level job and somehow she was entitled to better.  Instead of a two-member team supporting their family, she is now the sole supporter of her family, and her late 40s she has to start over, which requires an entry level job.  It’s demoralizing to all of sudden have do it alone, especially when it wasn’t your own choice. That she’s starting from scratch is hard.   She and Jack were talking starting a business together, or even if she rejoined the workforce she’d have him by her side. 
She’s had to be the tough one for a long time now, and she’s earned a few self pitying tears. 

• Love 9
On 11/12/2019 at 10:04 PM, CleoCaesar said:

But I'm really, really tired of Deja. I think the actress is talented and likeable, so it’s nothing against her. I’m just weary of all the contemporary kid storylines focusing on her and her problems and her birth mother and her relationship with Malik and her education and her dynamic with Randall and zzzzzzzzz––– sorry, I passed out from boredom just remembering all her storylines. She’s really not that interesting, I’m sorry. Her adoption arc was, to an extent, but the focus on her the past two seasons isn’t.

Not to mention, the writers said AGES ago that they would delve into Miguel's background...then they not only didn't, but brought on all these new people (Deja, Malik, Cassidy, etc) and focused on them instead. I'm not sure who Jon Huertas tee'd off at NBC, but it seems like it was someone...

On 11/13/2019 at 2:30 AM, bybrandy said:

I realize the show has made us thing Rebecca is going to have dimentia and this episode Randall thinks Rebecca is starting down that path but seriously Rebecca lost her phone.  If I was diagnosed with dementia every time I lost my phone we'd never get anything else done in a day.  

No kidding! I realize they are trying to set a story in motion, but the way they did it was super-clunky and unrealistic. 

I hated that Rebecca got a job for which she wasn't qualified just because a Pearson man talked the manager into hiring her. That's not how life works. The fact that Randall got a scholarship to CMU was completely irrelevant since he wasn't the one who had to learn the software, and I wish the manager had told him as much. And then Rebecca had the nerve to complain that it's an entry-level job! We've never seen her work or even mention a job before (apart from the singing gigs), so of course any job she would get at any age would be entry-level.

This times 1000! 

There are many jobs out there that any reasonably intelligent person might be able to learn and become skilled at with a little time, but the reality is, there are lots of people trying to land any particular job, even an entry-level one, who already have the necessary skills. So why would the boss choose someone with a great moral compass but who needs time to become proficient? Are we to believe all of the more qualified candidates aren't also good people? Gah.

• Love 2
On 11/19/2019 at 1:50 PM, izabella said:

Rebecca did not expect to be looking for ANY position because Jack was supporting the family.  She didn't expect  Jack to die so that she would be forced to look for a job for the first time at her age.

Sure, but even that doesn't make a lot of sense. By the time Jack died, the three kids were well into their teens and didn't need the same level of mothering as when they were younger...and they WOULD soon be heading into college/adulthood, which needs a good deal of money. Presumably Jack's salary wouldn't have been enough.

And even if Rebecca thought she would have been helping Jack start his own construction company, precisely what did she think she'd be doing if she didn't have any software knowledge? She couldn't do the actual construction work, so that would have left the office for her. 

• Love 4

I hate that people think Kevin is some sort of selfish asshole.  I mean yes he made mistakes but he’s a good guy.  The whole reason he was even in Pittsburgh was to help out, yet his problems are always diminished and he always gets shit on.  Fuck you Nicky.  Although he kind of redeemed himself with the speech to the judge and telling Kevin he was a good kid.

Why didn’t Kate video little Jack eating the avocado??  I’m a stay at home mom and I video and take pics of everything.  Obviously if a parent has a full time job they can’t be there to see everything, that’s just reality.  Love the neighbor.  Avocado was my daughter’s first food too.

(edited)

I hated that Rebecca got a job for which she wasn't qualified just because a Pearson man talked the manager into hiring her. That's not how life works.

The Pearson method seems to be "make people feel sorry for you; guilt them into giving you what you want."   A Wagoneer, for example.

It is not very admirable.  

When Kevin and Nicky were sitting outside the diner to watch Cassidy reunite with her family, it felt like an episode of Highway To Heaven.

Edited by millennium