Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

S01.E07: Vatican III

Recommended Posts

Quote

When Bridget confesses to murder during her exorcism, Monsignor Korecki asks Kristen, David and Ben to investigate if the details match any open cases and if the woman really is possessed by a demon.


 

Airing Thursday, November 14, 2019.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm only 10 minutes into this episode and yet again I'm realizing that I'm only in this for Ben, lol. I love him.

Also, I don't know if it was just me, but did anyone else get sort of a Ben Shapiro vibe from upper right hand corner incel? 😐

Edited by Izzy85 · Reason: Finished episode, had another thought.
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Man, Ben is lucky that couple still has a landline. That did not sound like a 911 call to me. 

David's dad? Yikes. Did not see that coming.

please tell me Sebastian did not gift wrap what I think he did for that poor unsuspecting barista. That is just so cruel. Stupid incel. She told you she's in a relationship --quit listening to whacky Leland!

  • Like 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I cannot believe Kristen used a flash on that VERY OLD manuscript. Maybe it’s supposed to be a clue that she is really a demon.

What did Sebastián give the barista?

Is that group he joined a real thing? I remember a Law & Order SVU episode about a group of nerds that hated women and committed acts of violence against them. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Kristen’s face when the Vatican dudes were asking her about birth control is the exact expression I get when men think they get to have opinions on women’s bodies. 

I lost it at Kristen’s friend asking if Kristen and David are “Fleabagging.” Not yet, unfortunately. 

Guess it’s a good thing Kristen saved those journals, and it’s good that she finally told David about Leland. And Leland is amassing his own group of real-life evil, which is far more horrifying. 

So David’s dad has something to do with all of this? Good twist.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Evil is sponsored by Kohl’s” 😆🤣😂
Why do demons have names like Howard and George? 😏

Fecundo? Why would you name your kid “fertile”? 
Next week: Daddy’s home!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Evil is sponsored by Kohl’s” 😆🤣😂
Why do demons have names like Howard and George? 😏

Fecundo? Why would you name your kid “fertile”? 
Next week: Daddy’s home!

It's probably Facundo not Fecundo. Apparently it's popular in Chile.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, rhys said:

please tell me Sebastian did not gift wrap what I think he did for that poor unsuspecting barista. That is just so cruel. Stupid incel. She told you she's in a relationship --quit listening to whacky Leland!

She wouldn't have gone out with him even if she weren't in a relationship. 

Sebastian has a sense of entitlement, that is his major problem.  People get rejected all of the time, it is called life.  People succeed and fail all of the time, it is also called life.   Some people hit the genetic lottery and some are considered less attractive than others.

The world would be a lot better off if scores were kept in all games that children participate in, If there weren't participation trophies, and kids were taught how to deal with real life interpersonal issues rather than having adults solve their problems for them.  Or even worse, parents who teach their children to ignore their problems just so the parents don't have to spend their time helping their children figure out how to deal with difficulties in life.  Sebastian is a clear case of an individual who hasn't been taught how to deal with failure.

I am surprised the detective didn't follow Kristen.

16 hours ago, phalange said:

I lost it at Kristen’s friend asking if Kristen and David are “Fleabagging.” Not yet, unfortunately. 

I hope the writers don't go there, it would be a clear case of lazy writing.

Edited by icemiser69 · Reason: clarity
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Novel8 said:

This show was a bit confusing...was the husband the actual killer? Did David kill him or knocked him out?

Yes, the husband was the killer.  They said he was arrested and his wife was freed, so David just knocked him out.

BUT, what about the wife's mental health?  They just dropped her altogether.  Yay, she is not guilty and not in jail, but they have  no interest in her anymore despite the fact she has multiple personality disorder?

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Evil is sponsored by Kohl’s” 😆🤣😂

I lol'd at this as well.  I also like when they go to commercial and say that Evil will return after this brief message. 😉

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

She wouldn't have gone out with him even if she weren't in a relationship. 

Yes, but she gave him a reason for not going out with him. She didn't tell him he was weird or squirrelly or too short or didn't tip well. She at least offered the courtesy of a believable lie to try to not hurt his feelings. So how does Sebastian repay her? By gifting her a box of poop.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, rhys said:

Yes, but she gave him a reason for not going out with him. She didn't tell him he was weird or squirrelly or too short or didn't tip well. She at least offered the courtesy of a believable lie to try to not hurt his feelings. So how does Sebastian repay her? By gifting her a box of poop.

I thought she was trying to be kind, too.  She didn't do anything wrong by rejecting his request for a date whether she was dating anyone else or not.  She is not obligated to go on dates with everyone who asks, and he is not entitled to a date just because he worked up the nerve to ask her out. 

Would he be obligated to go on a date with anyone who asked, regardless of whether he was attracted to her?  Would she be entitled to a date, and if he didn't agree, to shit in a box and give it to him?  Would he think she was a psycho if she did that? 

He was manipulated into that attitude, but incels are a thing, and their entitled misogyny is a real danger to women, and the men in their lives.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

I thought I recognized Annaleigh Ashford as Bridget (without having seen her credit) but the "possessed" character was so malignant and not at all like the bright and sunny character I had seen her play in other contexts I thought I must have been mistaken -- until I did see her credit. That was a chilling performance and I have a new respect for her abilities.

Leland is obviously pure evil and I will probably get tired of him if there is no movement on determining what his motivation is, but the way he pushed Sebastian toward the incels was well-done. Sebastian was obviously ripe for it -- he already felt wronged by the rejection from the barista and blamed her because he felt his interest in her entitled him to something -- but Leland fed his sense of wrong and escalated his entitlement. I'm not sure why though he thought the gift of feces in a cafe would somehow make it too embarrassing for her to tell anyone he had done it. He gave her the box in front of a crowd of people. She opened it before he was even out the door. Even if it doesn't rise to the level of a health and safety violation I would think the manager would at least ban him from the establishment.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, phalange said:

Kristen’s face when the Vatican dudes were asking her about birth control is the exact expression I get when men think they get to have opinions on women’s bodies. 

Same 😄. That was perfect. I also loved Ben's reaction to the questions aimed at him. Kristen and Ben are not here for your BS, guys. I like how David made it clear to those men that personal questions needed to be off the table next time they talked. 

What are we to make of Kristen's comment about having a miscarriage? Was she just making that up to try and connect with the woman, or was she opening up about something personal? 

Quote

I lost it at Kristen’s friend asking if Kristen and David are “Fleabagging.” Not yet, unfortunately. 

I was wondering if I'd heard her right! I didn't realize that's what it was being called these days :p. 

Quote

Guess it’s a good thing Kristen saved those journals, and it’s good that she finally told David about Leland. And Leland is amassing his own group of real-life evil, which is far more horrifying. 

David's utterly baffled reaction to the news of Kristen's mom and Leland dating was hilarious. We're all just as confused by that relationship as you are, buddy, trust me :D.

And yeah, Leland manipulating that kid as he did was probably among the creepiest things I've seen in this series thus far. As was the reveal of that hiding space in the house with items from the missing children*. 

The other thing that jerk kid needed to understand is that most people in customer service are polite and friendly to customers because they have to be. It's part of their job. Yes, there are some instances where employees do get to know certain customers well enough to where they can carry on regular conversations with them and become friendly with them and all that good stuff. We had a few customers like that when I worked at a bookstore, it was nice. 

But for a lot of people who are in that line of work, frankly, they don't know you from Adam and as a result, their pleasantries are purely general in nature. It's not an invitation to a date, it's not flirting, so there's no need to read more into it beyond that. Some guys seem to have it in their heads that if a woman has one polite conversation with them that automatically means she clearly wants them and is flirting with them and...no. 

*(On that note, I love that the father thought he could actually fight David when he went to attack him. He took him down so fast, it was awesome. I was a bit surprised that David decided to go to the guy's house alone at night in the first place, though.)

38 minutes ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I thought I recognized Annaleigh Ashford as Bridget (without having seen her credit) but the "possessed" character was so malignant and not at all like the bright and sunny character I had seen her play in other contexts I thought I must have been mistaken -- until I did see her credit. That was a chilling performance and I have a new respect for her abilities.

I'm not familiar with her work, but agreed on her performance in this episode. That was The Exorcist-level creepy. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm from Toronto as well, and the van attack was deeply upsetting. I fast forwarded all the scenes with the rejected guy. Sadly if I want to see something like that it will be on the news again soon enough. I just can't watch it as entertainment.

Yeah what about the woman's mental health?

This show is terribly written yet I keep watching.

Huge plus- no kids and no mom. More like that please. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, rhys said:

David's dad? Yikes. Did not see that coming.

Yeah, nice twist.

I hope they don't go the 'Leland is possessed' route. That man chooses to be pure evil. As humans do.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

In real life, Sebastian delivering the package to the barista would all be caught on a security camera aimed at the register at the coffee shop.  He would have been clearly visible, the fact that he handed her the box would be clearly visible, and even if she didn't know his identity, if he'd ever paid with a debit or credit card, they would be able to track him down.  Now would she, the manager, or the police go to all that trouble for a box of shit?  I don't know what potential charges could be, but I would have loved to see Leland's plan backfire on this little douchebag.  Who undoubtedly would turn away any girls interested in him that he thought weren't pretty enough or were too socially awkward/weird to him.  He was born in America, you know - he's an American and he deserves to have sex with and get laid by PRETTY girls.  Uggos need not apply.

I never stop getting riled up by incel storylines, and sooooo many shows do them.  I did, however, laugh at 8chan.

And welp, the four daughters will be back next week.  Great.  And I can't even imagine the excitement/volume they'll all talk over each other with, based on what was shown in the previews.

Also, please bring back Karima!

Edited by sweetandsour · Reason: lol fixed a typo; I have no general problem with "intel" storylines
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, cleo said:

This show is terribly written yet I keep watching.

I'm only here for Michael Emerson. Sadly he's not given much to work with here. I'm really only hanging on out of loyalty.

35 minutes ago, sweetandsour said:

I never stop getting riled up by incel storylines, and sooooo many shows do them.  I did, however, laugh at 8chan.

8chan is real. Twice as bad as 4chan I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Starchild said:

I'm only here for Michael Emerson. Sadly he's not given much to work with here. I'm really only hanging on out of loyalty.

8chan is real. Twice as bad as 4chan I guess.

Oh no, that's terrible!  Ugh, I assumed they were doing the same kind of thing Riverdale does with "American Excess" and "23 Hour Fitness."  Ugh, the last thing the world needs is more of that grossness.

 

I think CBS should really just lean all the way into the promos -

"Evil will take a break until after Christmas."

"CBS, the exclusive home of Evil."

"The second coming of Evil will arrive in September 2020."

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

I watched the last two episodes together, and I think I’m done. If they stuck with the possession of the week stories I’d be ok, but I don’t like Kristen, the children are off-putting, and the Grandma is too stupid a character to be believable. (She let Leland stay in a room on a different level in the house, alone with four young girls, with the door closed? And what kind of adult — male or female — would even be comfortable in that situation? Hello! It’s probably the kind of adult you really don’t want around your kids.)

The “my father” plot twist pushed me over the line, though. We’re 7 episodes into the series and we have the missing father, the daughter’s heart issues, the sister’s secret pregnancy, the incel army, and now a daddy mystery. The possessions, prophecies, and psychopaths are the most believable parts of the episodes, and they’re only a small portion of the show.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/15/2019 at 10:10 AM, Novel8 said:

This show was a bit confusing...was the husband the actual killer? Did David kill him or knocked him out?

Yes, he was, and I suspected that when Kristen found the red car in the garage. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm actually relieved that you all think it's a box of poop.  I thought it was a dead and bloody rat which would have been so much worse, IMO.  I find it weird that she opened it.  I mean maybe she would have opened it later, but with a line of customers there?  I probably wouldn't have opened it at all, though.  he was creepy.  Actually, if it was poop, I find if really odd that she opened, because if it was at all fresh she would have smelled it through the box.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/14/2019 at 11:32 PM, Athena5217 said:

I cannot believe Kristen used a flash on that VERY OLD manuscript. Maybe it’s supposed to be a clue that she is really a demon.

What did Sebastián give the barista?

Is that group he joined a real thing? I remember a Law & Order SVU episode about a group of nerds that hated women and committed acts of violence against them. 

The flash shouldn't have even come on considering the brightly lit Lucite room they had that document in.

Besides the Canadian van attack, there was the mass shooting in California where they killer gave an incel manifesto beforehand.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:11 PM, izabella said:

Yes, the husband was the killer.  They said he was arrested and his wife was freed, so David just knocked him out.

BUT, what about the wife's mental health?  They just dropped her altogether.  Yay, she is not guilty and not in jail, but they have  no interest in her anymore despite the fact she has multiple personality disorder?

I knew David would be pulling some Luke Cage stuff.

Supposedly, Howard was exorcised, so she may not have displayed any more MPD in custody.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Davids father?! Oh shit, didnt see that coming! I am really excited to see what his deal is and how David deals with this. 

So, is this just a typical day for Leland? He just stalks people that just need a gentle nudge towards evil by tailoring his creepiness to fit their creepiness? Well, other than setting beds on fire with demon sex, of course. The amount of bizarre entitlement of people like that is both perplexing and scary, especially knowing that they have gotten violent before. Like, how dare that woman smile at me and not want to fuck me instantly, she must be an evil demon whore! Makes sense if your horrible I guess. 

I am actually kind of excited to see Ben get hit with some real supernatural stuff that he cant explain away. I mean, he was already creeped out by the ghost and the evil Alexa, but him actually being confronted by something otherworldly (which we know exists here) will be really interesting. 

So I guess the husband was a serial killer who convinced his wife that she was possessed or had multiple personalities? I hope that she gets some serious psychological help after this, even now that she is out of jail. I've seen the actress playing Bridget before and she normally plays pretty wholesome characters, so this was a real shock. She was really great and creepy throughout. 

Davids reaction to finding out that Kristen's mom was (and still secretly is) dating Leland pretty much matched my own grossed out expression! Kristen is gonna lose her shit when she finds out that her mom is still dating him, as she should! 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Katy M said:

I'm actually relieved that you all think it's a box of poop.  I thought it was a dead and bloody rat which would have been so much worse, IMO.  I find it weird that she opened it.  I mean maybe she would have opened it later, but with a line of customers there?  I probably wouldn't have opened it at all, though.  he was creepy.  Actually, if it was poop, I find if really odd that she opened, because if it was at all fresh she would have smelled it through the box.

I just assumed he mastrubated into the box, to show her what she was missing, but that would be a bad idea since you would be handing over proof of who did the deed. As if there wasn't enough proof from the surveillance tapes, coffee sales receipts, and eye witnesses. I once decided to never mastrubate again, which caused me to have my first wet dream which I thought was much worse. I was in college at the time and shared a single dorm room with another guy. Till this day I never knew if he heard it or not. I went back to periodic mastrubation and never had another wet dream.

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/18/2019 at 12:21 AM, tennisgurl said:

Davids father?! Oh shit, didnt see that coming! I am really excited to see what his deal is and how David deals with this. 

So, is this just a typical day for Leland? He just stalks people that just need a gentle nudge towards evil by tailoring his creepiness to fit their creepiness? Well, other than setting beds on fire with demon sex, of course. The amount of bizarre entitlement of people like that is both perplexing and scary, especially knowing that they have gotten violent before. Like, how dare that woman smile at me and not want to fuck me instantly, she must be an evil demon whore! Makes sense if your horrible I guess. 

I am actually kind of excited to see Ben get hit with some real supernatural stuff that he cant explain away. I mean, he was already creeped out by the ghost and the evil Alexa, but him actually being confronted by something otherworldly (which we know exists here) will be really interesting. 

So I guess the husband was a serial killer who convinced his wife that she was possessed or had multiple personalities? I hope that she gets some serious psychological help after this, even now that she is out of jail. I've seen the actress playing Bridget before and she normally plays pretty wholesome characters, so this was a real shock. She was really great and creepy throughout. 

Davids reaction to finding out that Kristen's mom was (and still secretly is) dating Leland pretty much matched my own grossed out expression! Kristen is gonna lose her shit when she finds out that her mom is still dating him, as she should! 

I think the answer to the case of the week depends on your belief system.  You can believe like Kristen and Ben that the woman was being manipulated by the husband or you can believe that the demon possessed Bridget and then jumped into Bridget's husband.  For me, I think Bridget and her husband were kidnapping and killing the kids together.  Then, they were planning to use the possession storyline as their get out of jail free card.  But I read a lot of mystery and detective stories (shows too), so it may be tailoring my thinking.

Sadly, incel (involuntary celibate) and mgtow (men going their own way) groups and behavior does exist in real life.  Unless I am mis-remembering it, 8chan was created when 4chan finally decided enough was enough and tried to shut down the worst of the anti-women talk.  And the creepy incels do a lot more damage than they are given proper credit for.  There was one in Florida who shot up a bank in the last year or so.  He admitted he did it because women wouldn't go out with him.  But the news media talking heads (and the police) were baffled as to the motive.  It's the problem society doesn't want to deal with. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/15/2019 at 11:43 PM, sweetandsour said:

In real life, Sebastian delivering the package to the barista would all be caught on a security camera aimed at the register at the coffee shop.  He would have been clearly visible, the fact that he handed her the box would be clearly visible, and even if she didn't know his identity, if he'd ever paid with a debit or credit card, they would be able to track him down.  Now would she, the manager, or the police go to all that trouble for a box of shit?  I don't know what potential charges could be, but I would have loved to see Leland's plan backfire on this little douchebag.  Who undoubtedly would turn away any girls interested in him that he thought weren't pretty enough or were too socially awkward/weird to him.  He was born in America, you know - he's an American and he deserves to have sex with and get laid by PRETTY girls.  Uggos need not apply.

I never stop getting riled up by incel storylines, and sooooo many shows do them.  I did, however, laugh at 8chan.

And welp, the four daughters will be back next week.  Great.  And I can't even imagine the excitement/volume they'll all talk over each other with, based on what was shown in the previews.

Also, please bring back Karima!

In real life, the coffee shop manager would have walked over to the guy and said "go away and don't come back".  Police or reviewing the camera would be avoided unless he came back in and made another scene.  Of course, that's assuming that the manager has the barista's back in all of this and doesn't just try to play the mediator.  Boys will be boys, after all.  No harm done.  Ignore the problem in hopes that the guy doesn't return.  And even if the police were called, at best they can trespass him (a note in the police file that says they can make an arrest if the individual returns to the coffee shop and the manager reports it). 

The worst part is the damage is done.  Leland's protege got what he wanted...a reaction from the girl he considers his.  She won't soon forget him.  And he'll be able to relive in his mind how she finally noticed him. 

And yeah, the incel storylines tend to rile me up too. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

You are right! That's Leland's "gift," to find the part of a person where they feel weak and offer them a solution. Or to cause doubt with a carefully placed remark. Demon or psychopath, he's not someone to be taken lightly, and the number of lives he's ruined is probably a lot.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, kirkola said:

I think the answer to the case of the week depends on your belief system.  You can believe like Kristen and Ben that the woman was being manipulated by the husband or you can believe that the demon possessed Bridget and then jumped into Bridget's husband.  For me, I think Bridget and her husband were kidnapping and killing the kids together.  Then, they were planning to use the possession storyline as their get out of jail free card.  But I read a lot of mystery and detective stories (shows too), so it may be tailoring my thinking.

Sadly, incel (involuntary celibate) and mgtow (men going their own way) groups and behavior does exist in real life.  Unless I am mis-remembering it, 8chan was created when 4chan finally decided enough was enough and tried to shut down the worst of the anti-women talk.  And the creepy incels do a lot more damage than they are given proper credit for.  There was one in Florida who shot up a bank in the last year or so.  He admitted he did it because women wouldn't go out with him.  But the news media talking heads (and the police) were baffled as to the motive.  It's the problem society doesn't want to deal with. 

I've run into them on other forums. One guy I had initially commiserated with, due to my own personal problems, refused to believe that women have trouble too. We could get sex whenever we wanted, according to him, and he was jealous. He empathized with the one guy who killed people that one holiday weekend, and said the State of California should help men like him get girlfriends. That it should be a priority. Also: if women were still single over the age of 35, that was their own fault, and they should have focused on getting married when they were younger. Just, he had no empathy for women. 

Anyway, I've seen the incel boards, too. I'm glad that it's being addressed more. 

Edited by Anela
  • Like 3
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post

So, instead of choosing to go to another coffee shop, he now has to go to another shop. He should have just left a bad Yelp review.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Anela said:

I've run into them on other forums. One guy I had initially commiserated with, due to my own personal problems, refused to believe that women have trouble too. We could get sex whenever we wanted, according to him, and he was jealous. He empathized with the one guy who killed people that one holiday weekend, and said the State of California should help men like him get girlfriends. That it should be a priority. Also: if women were still single over the age of 35, that was their own fault, and they should have focused on getting married when they were younger. Just, he had no empathy for women. 

Good lord, fuck that guy. Somebody needs to keep a very close eye on him. 

(35 and perfectly fine being single here, and would happily choose to stay single forever over being stuck with an asshole like that guy.)

5 hours ago, kirkola said:

I think the answer to the case of the week depends on your belief system.  You can believe like Kristen and Ben that the woman was being manipulated by the husband or you can believe that the demon possessed Bridget and then jumped into Bridget's husband.  For me, I think Bridget and her husband were kidnapping and killing the kids together.  Then, they were planning to use the possession storyline as their get out of jail free card.  But I read a lot of mystery and detective stories (shows too), so it may be tailoring my thinking.

For the most part, I agree with your analysis of that case. I'm not one to believe in demonic possession as it is, and I definitely think a lot of people try to pull stunts like that just to try and get less time. Those crimes seem like the sort that are typically done by a male serial killer, so I definitely get why Kristen and Ben think he was the mastermind here. But I've also heard a few real life stories about couples who've murdered children due to a shared sick thrill or interest, so I can also easily see that being what happened here, too. 

That said, if we go with either of the above theories, and the wife's possession was indeed all an act, she should be winning an award or something, 'cause she was pretty damn convincing. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Annber03 said:

That said, if we go with either of the above theories, and the wife's possession was indeed all an act, she should be winning an award or something, 'cause she was pretty damn convincing. 

My only problem is "Did anybody think the husband and wife were guilty of committing any crimes before the wife pulled her "cuckoo for cocoa puffs" routine?" The wife told people about the crimes and their involvement. The wife was not trying to throw people off of her trail, she put people onto her trail.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

My only problem is "Did anybody think the husband and wife were guilty of committing any crimes before the wife pulled her "cuckoo for cocoa puffs" routine?" The wife told people about the crimes and their involvement. The wife was not trying to throw people off of her trail, she put people onto her trail.

Well, very few people knew about the crimes.  Kristen's friend had said that the police were keeping things under wraps.

My theory on this is that the wife had what was once called multiple personality disorder (I know that is not the correct title, but I can't remember what is...), which  may or may not have been a result of the miscarriage.  I'm sorry, I'm having trouble believing that a demon would be named Howard, but there you go.   Anyway, the part where all the other personalities came out definitely said MPD and not demonic possession to me.  

As for the husband, I think he knew about the MPD.  We know so little about him, so this is way out in conjecture land for me...I think he recognized which of the personalities would be most willing to murder with him, and that would be Howard, and thought it would be a good alibi if they ever did get caught that they could claim demonic possession.  When he realized that they police might be on their tale, he called for the exorcism.

All that being said, I'm actually glad that the show left a fair amount out so that the audience can come up with their own theories.  In a lot of shows, this is just bad writing.  Here, I think it is a conscious choice and it is one of the appeals of this show for me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

nce called multiple personality disorder (I know that is not the correct title, but I can't remember what is...),

Dissasociative Identity Disorder. Sorry, I can't spell the first word and can't be bothered to look it up right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, HazelEyes4325 said:

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble believing that a demon would be named Howard, but there you go. 

Demon:  "I killed all those boys and I will kill again!"

Ben"   "Surely you don't really mean that."

Demon:  "Don't. Call. Me. Shirley.  Arrrrgh!"

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

OMG this show is SOOO much better without the kids and the Grandmother.  We do not need all the side plots, just focus on solving the demon stuff. 

Leland is a real piece of work.  8Chan? JFC

 

On 11/19/2019 at 3:26 PM, ketose said:

So, instead of choosing to go to another coffee shop, he now has to go to another shop. He should have just left a bad Yelp review.

Did we find out what he gave the girl at the coffee shop?  Is Dad back and he's going to take the girls? (Please) Or maybe they'll just disappear like the kids on "Mom". 

On 11/14/2019 at 10:08 PM, Izzy85 said:

Also, I don't know if it was just me, but did anyone else get sort of a Ben Shapiro vibe from upper right hand corner incel? 😐

Yes!! I knew he looked like someone.   If women could get sex with anyone we wanted, I would not be typing this I'd be home with Chris Evans. 

Idiots. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

This show is so unsettling, I cannot watch it at night. I find it fascinating, but I’m not sure I will be able to watch a second season. I hate Emerson’s character for all his nastiness. His stuff with the incel guy was wretched and unfortunately too on the nose with those types

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size