Type keyword(s) to search

Amy Farrah Fowler/Mayim Bialik: A Character Who Has Really Blossomed

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Wow. A seriously different look from Amy:  https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=mayim+  and: https://rank.ezvid.com/hottest-pictures-of-mayim-bialik

Given how difficult Sheldon is and how odd his preferences tend to be, I'm kind of glad they didn't hook him up with "a hot chick."

Mayim has very nice features and I'm certain they pad her out to make her appear bigger than she is, she's quite petite.

Amy and Sheldon are a good match. 

• Love 3
On 4/1/2014 at 6:18 PM, NoWillToResist said:

I can't help but wish that TPTB had kept her as a female Sheldon; someone completely disinterested in sex/romance and utterly baffled by the actions of those around her.

I

Yeah, but I can see it as being realistic that her sexual side comes out and her original "disinterested" side being a product of "I'm going to reject you before you have an opportunity to reject me" sort of denial/fear.  Happens to a LOT of nerdy types.  LOTS.  

Sheldon has a problem interacting with everyone, period.

21 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Mayim has very nice features and I'm certain they pad her out to make her appear bigger than she is, she's quite petite.

I thought she looked like she was wearing padding, too, but her face has also gotten a bit fatter.

I'm not disparaging her for this - just saying a possible combo is going on.

• Love 2
On 10/8/2017 at 2:44 PM, PinkRibbons said:

This week's issue of Entertainment Weekly did a Blossom Cast Reunion, which got me thinking about the inevitable casting of Amy's family for the wedding. I thought it was very strange that they suddenly mentioned Amy's father in the first episode of the season after never saying a word about him before. (I tend to subscribe to the conspiracy theory that Amy and Howard share an absentee father.) Now I'm wondering if they're setting up bringing Ted Wass (Blossom's TV dad) in to play Mayim's dad again.

I'd love if they could bring in the rest of the original Blossom cast as family members, but it's a shame that Amy canonically had no female friends until Bernadette and Penny, because if they brought on Jenna von Oÿ (Six on Blossom, and who I would frankly give my left foot to see together with Mayim again on screen) as family she'd most likely be playing an antagonistic role to Amy, like some awful cousin of hers.

Oh I would LOVE if they got Jenna von Oy! 

• Love 2

I'm glad that the writers/producers have let Amy stay true to her character, and that is not to be super-glam.  Mayim is a beautiful woman whom I admire for staying true to what makes her comfortable with her clothes in real life.  Same with Amy.  It would've been easy to have one of those makeover episodes in which Penny helps to "unleash her sexy side," but I am glad to see a woman being portrayed in what makes her feel best.  Although I think Amy's wedding dress is hideous, kudos to TPTB for letting Amy stick with what makes sense for her character.  I love that Sheldon's response to the dress was so sweet too.  

• Love 8

I just want to say that the subject line of this thread, "A character who has really blossomed", is a really good one.  Kudos to whoever thought it up.  It's both clever AND true!  I recently was trying to come up with some of these for a new show forum I was submitting, so I appreciate the effort involved.

• Love 4

I bought her book "Girling Up". It's very cool.  I wish I had it back in the day. Looking to pass it on.

She's a genuine sweet person.  Her message of being smart and modest should be a "must read" for preteens.

Dont know if she can override the media blitz that kids are bombarded with, but kudos for trying.

• Love 1