Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Welcome to Crazytown

mxc90
  • Start Topic

First Aired: November 6, 2019

Severide must make a tough decision about the future of his career at Firehouse 51; Herrmann deals with the consequences of his temper after a run-in with a Chicago police officer.

(edited)

Crazytown = Writer's room

51 just couldn't wait in the back and let the police handle the situation? CFD and CPD acted like they never trained for a situation like this before.

Why did the the police bother show up? They were completely useless. No snipers setup to take out Luis?  When Casey had Leah, where was the order to storm the apartment? 

The water hit Luis before any cop could take a shot.

I give Luis credit for not coughing once during the entire time he was in the smoke filled apartment.

Why would Boden approve of Casey and Severide roping down when Luis has a gun or send Gallo and Mouch in harms way? This is a job for SWAT.

Lazy Mouch can't find the remote, needed to ask the dog, and has been sitting on it all the time. Then passes the warm remote incubating under his ass for Ritter to touch.

Did Stella miss seeing the young cute girl Kelly will be working long days/nights with? Looking forward to the jealousy episode.

That backlog may take OFI years to clear. Might as well make another Chicago spinoff. 

Shouldn't an ambulance accompany 81 to the golf cart accident?

Damn you Kelly! Wanted to see Hermann get real nervous for his job or lose it!

At least Hermann acknowledged he has a "stupid temper" that will one day get him in trouble.

So Grissom can just drop/ignore a complaint just like that? 51 wasn't pleased when he pulling stuff like this on them last season.

Stella should have tackled Cap for taking her scratch off. 

For a moment , I thought Mick was trying to increase slamigan sales by attracting customers with a girl wearing nothing underneath the bunker gear.

Let try to restart the Casey and Sylvie romance! Good luck!

Cruz was childish and unprofessional.

Edited by mxc90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Herman’s temper finally got him in hot water. I just wish he faced the consequences of his actions instead of Severide fixing it for him. The cop was an even bigger jerk than Herman and was hugging his victim card like it was life support. Burgess can not solve your problems for you Herman. Brett and Casey just need to hurry up and get together. This storyline is getting old before it’s begun. Good for Cruz publicly humiliating those imposters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm just surprised they didn't send Gallo down the wall.  He's done everything else.  And why climb back up the wall with the woman?  Going down is much faster and safer.

Hermann could just as easily have asked the cop if he could move the car himself.  And he did lay his hands on the cop, no question, but the complaint should have gone to Boden first.  However, I seriously doubt that the Review Board would bounce him from the lieutenant position.  That is, unless the writers were planning on bringing some new face into the station again.

Severide is so going to hit on the OFI lieutenant, or vice versa.  If that transfer holds up, which means they will need a new boss for the truck.

I was having a good time laughing at Cruz's debacle with the Slammigan, but the way they chose to make it the winner was really cheesy.  And suddenly Cruz can hold it up over his head with one hand, just like the lighter model.  A 9# hammer and a halligan do not a featherweight make.  I still wonder how they got a patent.

Agree on the golf cart accident.  Unless the ambo was occupied, they should have been on the dispatch, or at least the next in ambo should have been. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The hostage scene was terrible, for reasons already discussed. 

I was expecting Casey and Brett to sleep together by the end of the episode. Instead, another convenient mishap interrupted their third conversation of the season. Just do it and get it over with. 

So we can't get a storyline where Cruz and Chloe meaningfully interact, but we can get a Cruz B storyline about an inanimate object. Great priorities, writers. Lay off the cheese. 

I hope Severide stays at OFI. Give him a show or write him out, either way. He's frequently worse than Gabby with nonstop screentime, chewing out superiors, and over stepping his position. I have no interest in him playing lone competent hero at OFI, but here we go with another installment of Chicago Severide. (He had 15 featured episodes and 5 story arcs in season 7, compared to Casey's 8 episodes and 1 story arc. Season 8 is shaping up the same way. He's boring AF.)

The hostage situation was interesting in as far as I spent the entire scene trying to figure out which cop was going to be an incompetent ass. There were a lot of options.

Hermann continues to be just disappointing as a character. There is nothing likeable about him. I was actively hoping for him to be suspended. He could not have been more insincere or condescending during that phone call if he tried.

Nice to see Burgess again getting 10x more screen time than she does on her own show, but that was completely pointless. And of course she was just there to prove that everyone who is not Firehouse 51 or Intelligence are useless or corrupt.

The slamigan C plot was the least offensive C plot they've done for a while.

The gag inducing love-in between Severide & Kidd is nauseating. The so over the top schmaltzy scenes are unbearable. I was hoping when they hooked these two up it would a a refreshing 'ship...it's just meh. At least it's the last few minutes so you can just turn it off.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Hard to get involved with someone who has a stick up their ass.  She seems like the type of person that wouldn't mind stepping all over people to move up the ranks.  Not the type of person I would want to get involved with.  Not the type of person I would want to be friends with man or woman.

This ↑  I foresee a confrontational relationship rather than a romantic one.  Also, as both are lieutenants, wouldn't KS be her superior based on seniority?

• Love 3

I didn't think Herrmann was terribly out of line at the scene, relative to his usual antics. I could see Casey or Severide moving the cop car and maybe putting hands on the cop to get him to clear the hydrant. Herrmann was pretty controlled. I expected him to blow his top and be an idiot. 

It made the CPD look terrible. And a cop filing grievances against other cops on a regular basis, as Lady from PD reported, would probably not still be a cop. So manufactured. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Waterston Fan said:

I like what you all said but I thought Ritter saw the whole thing with Hermman? I think he is the reason the CPD dropped the complaint. 

I thought it was Severide asking Grissom to end the investigation into Herrmann in exchange for Severide willingly going to OFI. 

• Love 6

It made the CPD look terrible. And a cop filing grievances against other cops on a regular basis, as Lady from PD reported, would probably not still be a cop

It baffles me that they continue to use the cops as the bad guys on this show when Chicago PD is the spin-off. 

I don't watch the other Chicago shows, so maybe someone who does can tell me: On Chicago PD, or on Chicago Med, are the fire fighters ever the assholes?

The real reason behind the confrontation between Hermann and Hartman was that, as usual, there was no clear command structure at the incident.  Boden was working the FD while  the PD working their own plan.  Properly done, the order should have flowed down from the PD to move the engine into position, and Hartman would have been told to move his patrol car.

6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Smoke rises which would in theory give the firemen cover to escape.

However, dead lifting 300 pounds of people is no easy task, even with a reduction system.  It would have taken much longer in real life for the two of them to make it up the wall.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Hermann did ask the jerk cop to move the car himself.

That's kinda the thing. Of all the incidents for Herrmann to be taken to task for, it was one where he didn't do a whole lot wrong. (And ended up saving three lives.) 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, preeya said:

This ↑  I foresee a confrontational relationship rather than a romantic one.  Also, as both are lieutenants, wouldn't KS be her superior based on seniority?

I thought she was a ridiculous character. I'm pretty sure Casey and Severide were born in 81 or 82, and then both made lieutenant by the time they were 29 or 30 at the latest. But she is bragging about making lieutenant by age 28. Great first impression.

For his seniority, did his time in rank reset when he was demoted? If so, he's technically only been Lieutenant for four years rather than eight or nine years. He probably still has seniority over her but it's hard to tell how old she was. And I got the sense that she was in charge of a task force or a unit within OFI that would make her senior over him by nature of her assignment. 

• Useful 2
23 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

The real reason behind the confrontation between Hermann and Hartman was that, as usual, there was no clear command structure at the incident.  Boden was working the FD while  the PD working their own plan.  Properly done, the order should have flowed down from the PD to move the engine into position, and Hartman would have been told to move his patrol car.

I was going to say the same thing.  If the CPD guy knew why Hermann needed to get to the hose, that it was part of the rescue operation, the whole thing could have been avoided.  They needed a point person to coordinate.

• Useful 2

That opening scene was such a painful exercise in Wolf and his cop hate it was insane. Cops not competent on scene. No cop shoots that idiot through the window, but Herrmann is the hero shooting water and the 2 firemen save the day hanging off the roof facing potential gunfire. Give me a break.

Oh that’s right, there was the idiot cop that gave Herman grief, there’s that.

I did like the Commissioners explanation for moving Severide in that spot. Good leadership. Can’t imagine why anyone would think Severide would hit on that chick though, yeesh. Not to mention she’s obviously a manipulator.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:10 PM, cbsspecialreport said:

That's kinda the thing. Of all the incidents for Herrmann to be taken to task for, it was one where he didn't do a whole lot wrong. (And ended up saving three lives.) 

He saved three lives because apparently none of the cops on scene could do their jobs. Thanks Dick Wolf. 

Most firemen I know would have run the hose through the cops car windows.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2019 at 1:19 PM, jabRI said:

I was going to say the same thing.  If the CPD guy knew why Hermann needed to get to the hose, that it was part of the rescue operation, the whole thing could have been avoided.  They needed a point person to coordinate.

I think in most cases, you would be right. I believe in this instance, though, that cop’s character was just a flaming jerk, and a well-known one at that. Most any cop in that spot would have been helpful to FD on scene without the need for a superior to tell him to act like a professional. Most PD/FD are quite good at that.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SG11 said:

I think in most cases, you would be right. I believe in this instance, though, that cop’s character was just a flaming jerk, and a well-known one at that. Most any cop in that spot would have been helpful to FD on scene without the need for a superior to tell him to act like a professional. Most PD/FD are quite good at that.

My issue with it isn't that the cop was a jerk but that it is a constant plotline for this show that anybody that isn't the among the chosen ones of 51 (same goes for those on PD) are portrayed this way, be it Cops, other Firies or paramedics. It's old and tired and I don't know how CPD and CFD allow themselves to be portrayed this way constantly.

15 hours ago, Guildford said:

My issue with it isn't that the cop was a jerk but that it is a constant plotline for this show that anybody that isn't the among the chosen ones of 51 (same goes for those on PD) are portrayed this way, be it Cops, other Firies or paramedics. It's old and tired and I don't know how CPD and CFD allow themselves to be portrayed this way constantly.

Yeah, I can’t disagree there.

23 hours ago, Guildford said:

I don't know how CPD and CFD allow themselves to be portrayed this way constantly.

I'm pretty sure they don't have editorial control.  They could stop helping, but I think there's both money and good pr for the city coming in, so the real mayor's office has probably told them to cooperate (within reason) with the shows, which they do.