Type keyword(s) to search

[FIXED] Dark theme missing

BetterButter

Hi, just tried the new theme.  The font is incredibly tiny.  The option for changing the font size disappears from the bottom of the page after choosing the new theme, or am I looking in the wrong place?  Thx.

• Love 1

This should be resolved now. Please let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, BetterButter said:

why do you fix things that aren't broken

Sometimes things are changed/updated to improve service on the backend vs. functionality/front end appearance.

I thought I had the "squished" thing too, but on a whim I changed from medium font to large and now the content fills the whole browser. So I'm wondering if the "font-size" is effectively just mimicking a zoom in/zoom out rather than literally changing font-size at the moment. I'm on a Chromebook (and confirmed I didn't accidentally actually zoom in).

I have noticed the same as theatremouse that it only happens with small and medium fonts. With large and extra large fonts the forums will use the full width of the screen. But I always use the medium font and would like to get the forums back to using the full width of the screen.

I don't have the option to select different font sizes.  I only have 3 theme options.  (FYI - I currently have the IPS Default selected because 1) the Activity Streams work correctly there (takes me to first unread post), and 2) it fills the screen more).  

image.png.eed2b74e9f9cecbda0e749eefbc0fcf0.png

• Love 1

IPS Default doesn't have the option to change font size. Only Light and Dark themes have that option. It's good to hear that activitity streams work correctly in IPS Default. I don't use them often, but at least I know I can switch to that theme if I ever decide to use them more.

Hi,

Am I the only one who doesn't have a full width of the window while reading various forums ?

For instance, the size is OK now, while writing / replying to a topic, but not while reading (it's like if I was using  a mobile phone and not a computer)

Thanks !

ETA : I think it's because of the small box with the topic recap on the right of the forums, but it's not really reading friendly to me

reading.PNG

writing.PNG

Edited by Diane Mars
On 11/6/2019 at 2:28 AM, shapeshifter said:

Just an FYI: The Theme options do not appear on the bottom of the custom Stream pages. Should they?

Yes, it should be on every page. Hmm, it's there for me at the bottom of my custom stream, which theme are you using?

On 11/6/2019 at 3:48 AM, EverCat said:

Same problem. Font is incredibly tiny. I had set it to extra large, but once I chose theme the font became smaller and the ability to choose font size is not there now. (Using opera browser)

It sounds like you're using the IPS Default theme; that has no font options and will revert to its standard font (small). To use a larger font please select either the Light or Dark theme, then select the font desired.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:01 AM, theatremouse said:

I thought I had the "squished" thing too, but on a whim I changed from medium font to large and now the content fills the whole browser. So I'm wondering if the "font-size" is effectively just mimicking a zoom in/zoom out rather than literally changing font-size at the moment. I'm on a Chromebook (and confirmed I didn't accidentally actually zoom in).

That is how it's been designed (full page width is only available using L or XL fonts) but I'll let the devs know about this being an issue. In the meantime, I've posted an advisory here.

Thanks.

• Love 1
On 11/6/2019 at 4:32 AM, paulvdb said:

I have noticed the same as theatremouse that it only happens with small and medium fonts. With large and extra large fonts the forums will use the full width of the screen. But I always use the medium font and would like to get the forums back to using the full width of the screen.

5 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

That is how it's been designed (full page width is only available using L or XL fonts) but I'll let the devs know about this being an issue.

Update^

Having spoken with the devs, alas, atm it's a case of WYSIWYG. We'll add this to the list of possible future enhancements though.

• Love 1