Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
bettername2come

Batwoman Quotes

I admit it. I am making this thread just to have a place to post this conversation:

Luke: Let me call you a car.

Mary: To take me where? The penthouse built on lies of falsely dead children? Hard pass. 

Luke: Look. I get that you're going through a lot right now, but Kate is obviously not here, and I'm really trying to work.

Mary: Seriously, Luke, I am going through a major family crisis here, okay? I don't even know who my own mom is anymore. I just found out I have a second stepsister. Kate found her actual full sister? Oh, my God. Wait. Is Kate with Alice right now?

Luke: If I say yes, will you leave?

Mary: Wow. Here I am at the literal lowest point that I've ever been, and Kate decides to choose today of all days to go out for some sisterly bonding with a coldblooded killer? Meanwhile, how many people have I murdered, hmm?

Luke: What?

Mary: Guess! How many people have I killed? It's between zero and --why are you even hesitating right now?! Zero. I've killed zero people. I'm the good sister. 

Edited by bettername2come
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Nice transcription.  Thanks for this.  I haven't seen the episode yet, but the dialog, while fascinating and well written, is in keeping with the dialog of previous episodes. It appears Mary and Alice are getting the best lines, while Kate gets the drab ones. It's either her lines or her delivery that keeps me from truly enjoying the full Batwoman performance.

Kara: So the Paragon of Courage is apparently afraid of yardwork.

Kate: Better let me do the talking. [Earth 99 Luke answers in an open shirt.] Wow. That's a really impressive six-pack.

Earth 99 Luke: Sorry. Do I know you?

Kate: No. No, but I know you. Well, a different like, a less this version of you. I I'm Kate Kane. I'm Bruce's cousin.

Earth 99 Luke: Yeah, no. [slams door]

Kara: Earth-one villain?

Kate: Only friend actually.

Kara: Oh. Well, at least, he's cute.

Kate: Nope. Uh-uh. Let's not make that weird. That's weird. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Luke: "... You didn't hear a word I just said, did you?"
Kate: "I love this bike!"

Sophie: "You ever feel like your hiding from the world?"
Batwoman: "I'm literally standing in a shadow."

"We need you! If Batwoman goes away, this city's hope goes with it."
Alice: "I think I just puked in my mouth."

• Like 1

Mary: I know what it sounds like, and you think that I'm in denial and grabbing at straws, and, yes, I have seen every episode of "Dateline", and I know the husband always does it, but not this time.

Mary: As a doctor, you should really remove the word "crazy" from your everyday vernacular. 

• Like 1

Vesper: "Apologies for the late broadcast Gotham, like many of you, I was stopped on my way to work by Crows agents looking for Alice. On the upside, I'm pretty sure that involuntary pat-down counts as my annual mammogram. Holy police state, Batwoman!"

Mary: "[Batwoman] likes me. Plus, she kind of owes me one."

Alice: "My knife is pretty good at subtraction."

Mary: I thought you said you were taking real estate classes.

Kate: I was. Nobody wants to study property law sober.

Luke: You're Batwoman! I'm wearing a glow-in-the-dark tie!

Luke: Kate's needy.

Kate: I need you now.

• Like 2

Luke: So, dog ate my break up?

Luke: Cowl cam!

Kate: Use that without my permission, and I'll find a new place for my batarang.

Alice: I literally pumped life back into your veins.

Mary: Ugh. I need a bleach transfusion.

• Like 2

Kate: "We just took out an old lady. I'm pretty sure that sister bonding time is over."

Alice: "Well, we're breaking a killer out of Arkham, so, you can't exactly go in disguised as a flying rodent."

• Like 1

Luke: "'Bat-huddling' isn't a thing, and I'm off to destroy an alien mineral."