Type keyword(s) to search

Kat Tamin: Fresh Blood

• Start Topic

I really liked her in this past episode.  She was sensitive to Lupe’s ordeal but maintained her professionalism.  Benson and Rollins could take a few lesssons from her.  This was a case that could have caused her to forget her boundaries since she was from the projects herself but she didn’t.  I hope that they don’t screw her up with a myriad of personal issues like they did with Rollins in particular.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Nice! Does this mean she gets to be in the opening credits?

Yes that's usually the difference between "recurring" and "regular" along with contracts.

13 minutes ago, dttruman said:

I guess we'll find out Thurs?

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on the timing of when the episode was filmed and when they made the decision since the credits reflect the situation at the time it was made. It could be a few episodes from now or it could be this week.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, wknt3 said:

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on the timing of when the episode was filmed and when they made the decision since the credits reflect the situation at the time it was made. It could be a few episodes from now or it could be this week.

Probably in January when they return from the holiday hiatus?

• Love 1

I'm circling back watching older episodes, and I liked Kat from the second she was introduced, not knowing they were bringing her on as a regular. I liked her deep voice and her looks, plus her grit. I remember thinking it would be nice to see her pop up again a la Sister Peg (RIP). Now that she's on the squad, she's a tad preachy (who isn't, on this show?), but I'm glad they've brought on another POC, those have been lacking on this show as of late.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I'm circling back watching older episodes, and I liked Kat from the second she was introduced, not knowing they were bringing her on as a regular. I liked her deep voice and her looks, plus her grit. I remember thinking it would be nice to see her pop up again a la Sister Peg (RIP). Now that she's on the squad, she's a tad preachy (who isn't, on this show?), but I'm glad they've brought on another POC, those have been lacking on this show as of late.

And she's bisexual too!  😉

• Love 6

I like Kat, she’s been a good addition, she was a bit preachy in her first couple of episodes but overall she’s settled in nicely and has been a good addition to the squad. I’ll take her over Rollins any day!! 

• Love 5
On 5/17/2020 at 3:52 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

On 5/17/2020 at 4:43 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I like Kat, she’s been a good addition, she was a bit preachy in her first couple of episodes but overall she’s settled in nicely and has been a good addition to the squad. I’ll take her over Rollins any day!! 

Would you say that her being a bit preachy was due to her inexperience to the new job? Coming from Vice she more or less had to think on her feet. I have to take it with a grain of salt when Benson and Rollins correct her and lecture her on certain situations, when they themselves cross the line (many times). Would all you say that Tamin has been there long enough to notice the "Do as I say and not as I do" behavior of Benson and Rollins?

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Would you say that her being a bit preachy was due to her inexperience to the new job? Coming from Vice she more or less had to think on her feet. I have to take it with a grain of salt when Benson and Rollins correct her and lecture her on certain situations, when they themselves cross the line (many times). Would all you say that Tamin has been there long enough to notice the "Do as I say and not as I do" behavior of Benson and Rollins?

Yes I think the preachiness in her first couple of episodes was due to her being new and due to the writers figuring out how to write the character. 

I was really annoyed by how Rollins seemed to be lecturing Kat in a couple of episodes, Rollins has crossed the line and screwed up more times than I can count, and no one calls her out on it, and I don’t know where her bitchiness towards Kat is coming from, but it’s just another reason why I HATE Rollins. As squad leader it’s Benson’s job to reign in the detectives when they cross the line, but yeah she comes across as a hypocrite as well given how often she still gets too personally involved with victims. 

• Love 3