Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: My Big Fat Dallas Wedding

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Didn't we already see a pile of unopened gifts in LeeAnne's house in an earlier episode?  It bugs when I see someone not be able to get the story straight.  I don't expect any reality in these shows, but I do want a consistent narrative.  

Yes and apparently LeeAnne said in an interview they still haven’t opened them all and aren’t writing down who sent what so doesn’t appear to be sending thank you cards so maybe her camp shouldn’t be lecturing people about proper gift etiquette. 

• Love 8

If she was just having cake and small snacks, why not just have it right after the ceremony?  Timing-wise, it sounds like it would have been a good snack-time and then people could go on and do whatever it is they wanted to do vs waiting around for 5 hours.  And why in the world do you make them stand up all that time????

The etiquette on weddings is very clear and almost every faux pas of weddings was committed during this big fat wedding.    I am in Dallas and read of true society weddings in various e-magazines/blogs (Paper City as an example) and this is truly NOT representative of a society wedding.    I do not begrudge LeAnn her day, but do find the whole thing tasteless and truly déclassé.

• Love 13

New Kary admitted on WWHL that, 9 months later, she still hasn't bought LeighAnn & Rich a wedding gift.

Brandy is so afraid that if she disciplines properly, her kids won't like her.  There's something deep going on there.  She sweet-talks with Brian in this low, submissive voice.  This, from a former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader who screams with joy over day-drinking mommy juice with Stephanie.  She almost seems like a puppy afraid of being yelled at within her own family.

We have a 9-month old in our family, and I've loved watching his mom discipline him properly, teaching him the word "No", but lovingly.  He was trying to take down a decoration from a wall, and she kept saying, "No, no no", but with a firm smile.  When he backed away, she said, "Good boy.  Such a sweet boy!!!" with a bigger smile.  This is how you teach a child, with love.  Brandy needs lessons.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 8

What the hell was Leeann’s LEWK in the confessional with weird black beaded ribbons in her hair?? Good lord!!!

echo everyone that no food was terrible. In other cases, like Stephanie cited when the bride and groom are poor, it’s fine but Leeane’s was bad and downright strange. Champagne food truck but no real food? Not even appetizers? 

I also don’t believe that the five hour gap was so they could have sex. Like wtf come up with a better excuse. No one believes that’s the reason. 

I agree that Brandi probably needs to better discipline her kids but I took her comment to Brian as a warning, like be prepared, you have to deal with his fit now.

I loved DAndra and Jeremy’s cooking competition! How fun! I don’t live DAndra but that seemed like a great time.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iloveit said:

What the hell was Leeann’s LEWK in the confessional with weird black beaded ribbons in her hair?? Good lord!!!

echo everyone that no food was terrible. In other cases, like Stephanie cited when the bride and groom are poor, it’s fine but Leeane’s was bad and downright strange. Champagne food truck but no real food? Not even appetizers? 

I also don’t believe that the five hour gap was so they could have sex. Like wtf come up with a better excuse. No one believes that’s the reason. 

I agree that Brandi probably needs to better discipline her kids but I took her comment to Brian as a warning, like be prepared, you have to deal with his fit now.

I loved DAndra and Jeremy’s cooking competition! How fun! I don’t live DAndra but that seemed like a great time.  

I know I brought it up here as being disgusted by this, I don't think after how many years they've been together, and their ages that they were still so desperately physically attached that they had to carve out time immediately to f@@k like bunnies. I just think it's trashy that she'd day that. Kameron talks about Brandi being trailer trash, but Leanne's handling of thank you cards (not sending) and declaring that she made all her guests wait to f@@k her geriatric husband, and didn't feed her guest's show LeeAnne as gutter trash.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7
On 11/8/2019 at 11:15 AM, ghoulina said:

He goes over there for extended time periods and ends up off his medication and Travis has to go check on/rescue him? Sounds like some serious "partying", to me. 

As soon as Travis mentioned Dad going "off his meds" I immediately assumed what others are. There are many medications that affect a man's ability to become excited (blood pressure meds come to mind). If Dad is in Thailand, being surrounded by Thai women offering anything his heart desires, I can see him trading in old meds for meds that may be more accommodating to his libido. But, that's just me...

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 11/8/2019 at 9:52 AM, princelina said:

I think First Cary had plenty of expectations - he wanted her in the office with him, not at home with their child,

I meant that Cary 1 could financially survive with or without her hubby. She's an intelligent and business savvy gal, who discussed not being 100% happy with being a stay at home mom. She looks forward to work.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, iloveit said:

IMO if you are having a band/DJ it's a party and food and drinks should be expected.  I've been to wedding receptions where the bride and groom are poor - cookouts, kegs, the fried chicken/rigatoni buffet - it's called offering hospitality, and people seem to enjoy it even if it's not fancy.  If you want to serve cake and punch (or tap water), you should do that in the social hall of the church after the ceremony and then everyone can go home and get on with their day.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Chalby said:

As soon as Travis mentioned Dad going "off his meds" I immediately assumed what others are. There are many medications that affect a man's ability to become excited (blood pressure meds come to mind). If Dad is in Thailand, being surrounded by Thai women offering anything his heart desires, I can see him trading in old meds for meds that may be more accommodating to his libido. But, that's just me...

Couple that with Travis's story about women shooting ping pong balls out of their "hootie ha's" (his words). How did that fit in with "rescuing" his dad?? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, princelina said:

IMO if you are having a band/DJ it's a party and food and drinks should be expected.  I've been to wedding receptions where the bride and groom are poor - cookouts, kegs, the fried chicken/rigatoni buffet - it's called offering hospitality, and people seem to enjoy it even if it's not fancy.  If you want to serve cake and punch (or tap water), you should do that in the social hall of the church after the ceremony and then everyone can go home and get on with their day.

And you should have to go to the bathroom to get that tap water!!! How does that even happen??

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iloveit said:

And you should have to go to the bathroom to get that tap water!!! How does that even happen??

It sounded to me like she had supplied bottled water and they ran out - didn't the guest say they were refilling their bottles in the bathroom?

15 hours ago, Chalby said:

I now feel bad for what I assumed re: Travis's father in Thailand. Apparently he has a pacemaker and shunts and God knows what else, so I guess Thai hookers may not be on his agenda?

My guess is, Travis' father is off his meds because the meds for heart-related issues can significantly reduce libido/performance.  And adding the little blue pill can be deadly.  So he goes to Thailand, goes off his meds so that he can.....um, partake in the ping-pong girls private action, then Travis flies over to "rescue" his father, who then goes back on meds, flies home, and wash, rinse, repeat.

All in the name of "we sell our fancy lockers in Thailand".  Um, yeah.

If I was Stephanie, I'd be wondering what my husband was doing over there.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Sterling said:

My guess is, Travis' father is off his meds because the meds for heart-related issues can significantly reduce libido/performance.  And adding the little blue pill can be deadly.  So he goes to Thailand, goes off his meds so that he can.....um, partake in the ping-pong girls private action, then Travis flies over to "rescue" his father, who then goes back on meds, flies home, and wash, rinse, repeat.

All in the name of "we sell our fancy lockers in Thailand".  Um, yeah.

If I was Stephanie, I'd be wondering what my husband was doing over there.

I agree.

• Love 1
On 11/12/2019 at 2:23 PM, DFWGina said:

If she was just having cake and small snacks, why not just have it right after the ceremony?  Timing-wise, it sounds like it would have been a good snack-time and then people could go on and do whatever it is they wanted to do vs waiting around for 5 hours.  And why in the world do you make them stand up all that time????

The etiquette on weddings is very clear and almost every faux pas of weddings was committed during this big fat wedding.    I am in Dallas and read of true society weddings in various e-magazines/blogs (Paper City as an example) and this is truly NOT representative of a society wedding.    I do not begrudge LeAnn her day, but do find the whole thing tasteless and truly déclassé.

I drove out of town for a wedding and they served no food. Just cookies and punch. It was quite a distance, and I drove back home that same night... Luckily I brought a friend with me.... Only because it was dangerous driving in the middle of the night on major highway. We stopped at some Burger joint on the highway going home in the middle of the night. BTW, the reception was held in a fancy Country Club. I went to another wedding that was held outside in June in the heat and humidity of the Midwest. Yes, it's cheaper, but your guests are miserable. Then they had no chairs for anyone at the reception. They made a big to do about the reception, but it was tacky. Weddings do not have to be sit down fancy meals, but they should take their guests into consideration.

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 4

I have brief moments of liking D’Andra - mainly when she’s ancillary to the main drama and commenting on it, or when she professes her love for food, or when she’s happy-drunk. That said, her feud with Leanne is 100% her fault and if she had said those things about my fiancée on TV, I don’t think I could ever forgive her either. Leanne, as crazypants and awful as she is, is totally in the right here. 

• Love 7