Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: My Big Fat Dallas Wedding

• Start Topic

On 11/6/2019 at 9:05 PM, ghoulina said:

I don't like Eduardo. He seems very self centered and dismissive. He also seems to carry a lot of resentment towards his wife. That dinner was uncomfortable to watch. 

Speaking of uncomfortable...that wedding. I actually thought Rich's vows were sweet. But after seeing him bringing up good looking girls, more than once, at his own reception - I'm cooling on him. 

But the paltry food spread, filling cups with water from the bathroom. A five hour wait for...that??? LeeAnn should have brought drive thru corn dogs for everyone. 

Oh, and can we all agree that the back of Rich's vest was worse than LeeAnn's dress? 

I thought D'andra's cooking competition looked fun! 

Bryan makes a good point - adopting this baby would set a precedent. What if the mother kept having babies? I get her intentions, but it bothers me that she keeps talking about Bruin having a "sibling", as if he doesn't already. 

Not only that, but saying that he will elope next time. Dude, you’re 6 hours in and already speaking on that 😳

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I get why Brandi wants to adopt her baby's bio sibling.  It's a great thing and would be a very good thing for the children.  I do understand, but, Brandi appears to be clueless about parenting.  She has no idea what she's doing.  Did you hear her caution her husband at the lunch table to not make the baby mad?  She has some kind of convoluted idea that being hands off with the children will make them like her.  She ignores her duty to teach, guide, restrict and lead them.  If she would learn WHY she's harming them with this attitude, maybe she could change. If not, hope she's saving money for the children's bills for therapy, attorneys and bond. 

Did Leanne ever address why food was not important at her reception?  

Do they ever discuss what is wrong with Rich's eye?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I think they did mention it before but I can't remember what happened. In my mind, I like to think it was to cover his "wandering" eye lol.

It seems like I read something about it, a while ago, but, then later, he seemed to not have a patch.  Then, the patch returned. Just curious. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I’m in no way implying this about Travis’s father, but Thailand and Vietnam cater to rich men who like underaged girls. 

My mind immediately went this direction when he mentioned his dad always goes there and he "has to go" to bring him back...Sure Jan...I'm sure he doesn't mind going there for the extracurricular activities there........ Not saying that is the reason , but it's just a very odd place for his dad to escape to.

• Love 5

I am beginning to see D'Andra in a not so pretty light. Poor little rich girl, seriously poor. Her whining to Jeremy about how she should win just did it for me. At 50 years old, she lives in a house her mom paid for, drives a car her mom paid for. I don't care for mama D, but I think she is absolutely right, D'Andra can't handle money well.

On a side note, no way would I have gone to the church and then 5 hours later go to the reception. It would have been one or the other. 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 19
21 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

My mind immediately went this direction when he mentioned his dad always goes there and he "has to go" to bring him back...Sure Jan...I'm sure he doesn't mind going there for the extracurricular activities there........ Not saying that is the reason , but it's just a very odd place for his dad to escape to.

I'm surprised he would mention that on air.  Maybe, there are varying reasons for frequent visits to those locations that are legit.  That's all I'll say about that. 

• Love 3

Travis did say they have some things manufactured in Thailand. And, I can believe him about his dad needing to be retrieved. So, there's that.

But, on the other hand, Travis does not strike me as a guy who's all that concerned about the plight of exploited women and children in Thailand, so I wouldn't be surprised if he participated in it in some way.  He seems like an "I got mine" type of person.  

Weddings: About 50% of the weddings I have attended have had the reception immediately following the ceremony and 50% have had a multi-hour gap. I sincerely don't care either way.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did Leanne ever address why food was not important at her reception?  

She has been pretty defensive on Twitter about the lack of any real food.  Apparently, the fact that she was not serving a meal at an evening reception was on the invitation.  And then LeeAnne's definition of "food" kept changing.  There was cake, cupcakes and some cold cuts, therefore there was food.  Her wedding planner posted a video on Twitter going off on Kary yesterday, but I can't find it today.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Her wedding planner posted a video on Twitter going off on Kary yesterday, b

It’s annoying that he only went after Kary, I mean it’s ridiculous he went off on anyone about it but both Kam and Stephanie also talked about the lack of food.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned ‘cause I haven’t read anything yet but..... LeAnn had that 5 hour break because she couldn’t find anyone to comp her wedding dinner and didn’t want to pay to feed her guests. She was hoping everyone had eaten before they came back. That was awful! 

That should’ve said comp and not complain. Darn spell check. 

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

my theory is if someone doesn't want kids in a restaurant then they should go to or create an adults only restaurant they do have those ... know when going out to eat at a public place children could be there people have children people with children are not confined or quarantined to only their houses ....someone saying how dare they ruin my dining experience when you don't own the restaurant they are going to shows a lack of awareness about living in a free society that has children in it.... it didn't look like a fine dining place it just looked like an everyday mom and pop kinda restaurant...kids eat family s with small children have just as much a right to eat in public as everyone else .... Im just playing devils advocate here but saying kids under a whatever age shouldn't be out in restaurants in public is just strange to me

I agree, however, I do feel when you have a screaming child, you should take that child to the bathroom. Just because you’re free to have your child there doesn’t mean it’s right to “make” others deal with what you yourself don’t even want to deal with. 
I have a soon to be 2 year old and we exit stage left as soon as I know it’s going to be an issue. 

• Love 11

If it’s a couple who has a simple wedding, I totally understand not giving their guests dinner. There are people out there who have very limited budgets and can’t afford a gorgeous gown to wear, a fancy venue, etc. But LeeAnne had a ton of events that everyone other than herself spent a lot of money on, and she’s not a broke 20-something. Her guests deserved food other than cake and snacks. I’m not someone who’s uptight about etiquette, but I do believe in treating people well. Between her “invites getting lost in the mail,” event after event after event leading up to the wedding, then a five-hour gap between the ceremony and the reception, no meals, no plans on sending thank you cards for gifts, she treated her guests worse than I’ve ever been treated by any bride. And I’ve gone to weddings of folks who have a whole lot less than LeeAnne and expected much less from people.  

• Love 20
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did you hear her caution her husband at the lunch table to not make the baby mad? 

That's what pissed me off about Bruin throwing the rice on the floor.  The child was clearly done eating whatever he was going to, and was just playing with the rest.  Brian rightfully wanted to move the food away from him and Brandi didn't because she didn't want the child to get mad.  Surely she had some kind of toy, game, or plushy for him to play with that could occupy the time.  And amazingly, when Brian took the rice away, Bruin didn't melt down.  Brandi just needs to stop trying to be her kids' BFF and be a parent.

And I 100% believe that Travis' dad is going to those regions of Asia for sexual tourism.  I'll be waiting for him to apply to 90 Day Fiance soon.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
38 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It’s annoying that he only went after Kary, I mean it’s ridiculous he went off on anyone about it but both Kam and Stephanie also talked about the lack of food.

I didn't listen to the whole rant, but he had to point out that Kary did not bring a gift to the reception.  Which is not something you are required to do especially now with online ordering.  Kary could have easily sent her gift straight to LeeAnne's house.  I had to nope out of the video because I could not take anymore of the utter hypocrisy.  Steve apparently forgot that the whole storyline of Kary's invitation being lost in the mail had already aired.  If, and this is a big if, the invitation made it crystal clear that there would not be a meal, then how would Kary ever get this information.  She was invited by text.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Chalby said:

From what I gather, this is Brandi's one and only and she's been with him since high school. If that is the case, I forgive her any odd behaviour or overwhelmed expressions. If I had married my first love, I would have assumed he was the 'expert' on what wives should do and wouldn't question a thing. Only after a few discussions during these frequent girls' trips would I start to question my role within the marriage. I have a feeling most of these women are married to men with who have huge expectations along with their $$, with exception to first Carey.

I think First Cary had plenty of expectations - he wanted her in the office with him, not at home with their child, and he wants that hot body so he can dress it up, photograph it, and show it off as a business and personal success.

1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

She has been pretty defensive on Twitter about the lack of any real food.  Apparently, the fact that she was not serving a meal at an evening reception was on the invitation.  And then LeeAnne's definition of "food" kept changing.  There was cake, cupcakes and some cold cuts, therefore there was food.  Her wedding planner posted a video on Twitter going off on Kary yesterday, but I can't find it today.  

That goofball with the dead wombat on his head?  He should be apologizing - as her wedding planner, he should have advised her to take the disco-ball-human money and spend it on some food stations!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

If it’s a couple who has a simple wedding, I totally understand not giving their guests dinner. There are people out there who have very limited budgets and can’t afford a gorgeous gown to wear, a fancy venue, etc. But LeeAnne had a ton of events that everyone other than herself spent a lot of money on, and she’s not a broke 20-something. Her guests deserved food other than cake and snacks. I’m not someone who’s uptight about etiquette, but I do believe in treating people well. Between her “invites getting lost in the mail,” event after event after event leading up to the wedding, then a five-hour gap between the ceremony and the reception, no meals, no plans on sending thank you cards for gifts, she treated her guests worse than I’ve ever been treated by any bride. And I’ve gone to weddings of folks who have a whole lot less than LeeAnne and expected much less from people.  

I agree, and I'm just riffing off this post and exploring it further--I can't really fathom a reason that would justify Leeanne not serving a meal at her reception either.  I thought I saw a food truck outside the venue, but I guess it was something else.

There should have been ample food and ample seating--not just chairs, but tables as well.  Kary was walking around with her freaking purse, because it looked like she had nowhere to put it.  Sounds like a blast!

Let's just give Leeanne the whole entire benefit of the doubt and say everything was comped--people with the lamp shades on their heads, the whole nine yards--and she couldn't afford to feed her guests.  Let's just say.  I'm still...not comfortable with it.  If there is a couple who can only afford a cake, I'm not sure they should have a reception.  I don't know if that makes me an asshole, but to me, a reception means 1.) hot food 2.) open bar (or at the very least, free beer and wine, with the option for guests to purchase or bring their own booze); and 3.) music.  This stuff can be done on the cheap.  I don't care if someone serves hamburgers and hot dogs, hooks an iPod up to a set of speakers and spends the rest on soda, ice, cups and Bacardi, where guests have to make their own drinks.  That can be done for like $1,200.  If a couple doesn't have even that...

A good alternative is to do what Carrie and Big did in the Sex and The City movie--just go out to a diner with friends or whatever.  If people want to give gifts to help people start out their marriage on the right foot, they can, but by no means should they feel a duty to give a gift if the're dining out on their own dime.  I think, as far as people who don't have money, don't try to make it something it's not if you can't afford it.  If it's not a reception, it's not a reception.  Life goes on.  People can just be happy and enjoy the company of their loved ones.  Less is often more, and people are probably really happy to go to a diner and not have to worry about dressing up and spending five hours celebrating something traditional.

In Leeanne's situation, if she really didn't have the budget for food--and I'm not getting into what was said on Twitter, because that's all spin and bullshit--but if this venue with saddles and silver dancers was being comped for her, I think it would have been appropriate to not call it a reception at all--to send out separate invites hailing it as a celebratory post-wedding dance party to which you must BYOW (bring your own water)--and that way people can manage their expectations and just show up with their water bottles, no purses, and dance their asses off and be happy, and, again, I'm not sure gifts would be necessary or appropriate.  

I don't know.  Maybe I'm weird with gifts, but I think they should be given from the heart and when the mood strikes.  I don't really believe in obligatory gifts.  I think it's a contradiction in terms.

I think I'm going to retire from analyzing Leeanne's wedding much further.  And I'll definitely try to retire references to the Sex and the City movies, but no promises!

Edited by LibertarianSlut
"Guests" aren't "gifts," duh
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I didn't listen to the whole rant, but he had to point out that Kary did not bring a gift to the reception.  Which is not something you are required to do especially now with online ordering.  Kary could have easily sent her gift straight to LeeAnne's house.  I had to nope out of the video because I could not take anymore of the utter hypocrisy.  Steve apparently forgot that the whole storyline of Kary's invitation being lost in the mail had already aired.  If, and this is a big if, the invitation made it crystal clear that there would not be a meal, then how would Kary ever get this information.  She was invited by text.  

And that’s another thing.. I’ve brought a dang gift and you can’t even feed me. The nerve!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Good points about the wedding reception.  Taking everything into consideration.....I'm now wondering if they really did not have the money.  Sad, but ,true. A lot of the shiny distractions were supposed to detract from that fact, but, I guess they just ended up setting up that little cold cuts station and calling it a night.  It might have made more sense to just have a cake cutting and toast.  But, if the invitation warned the guests, then, they should have eaten before hand. 

Brandi's husband is also not without responsibility.  Why couldn't he explain to her that her LACK of parental skills is unacceptable and she needs to get help immediately.  The reason she suffers such stress is that she has no idea of her role as a mother.  It's like she's trapped in a cage and the children are her rulers.  So, DH is letting kids down too. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

n Leeanne's situation, if she really didn't have the budget for food--and I'm not getting into what was said on Twitter, because that's all spin and bullshit--but if this venue with saddles and silver dancers was being comped for her, I think it would have been appropriate to not call it a reception at all--to send out separate invites hailing it as a celebratory post-wedding dance party to which you must BYOW (bring your own water)--and that way people can manage their expectations and just show up with their water bottles, no purses, and dance their asses off and be happy, and, again, I'm not sure gifts would be necessary or appropriate.  

Yo have me overthinking this but I agree with you.  She could have called the reception a post-wedding Texas party, encouraged western wear, and lined up Texas Roadhouse or Perini Ranch as caterers. Free publicity.  Of course, the second dress would have been out of place but I think her guests would have been much happier and it would have been more in keeping with the Texas nature of the franchise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I’m in no way implying this about Travis’s father, but Thailand and Vietnam cater to rich men who like underaged girls. 

I'm probably a horrible person, but I immediately thought of something along those lines. I mean, the way Travis talks about it is just weird. He goes over there for extended time periods and ends up off his medication and Travis has to go check on/rescue him? Sounds like some serious "partying", to me. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am beginning to see D'Andra in a not so pretty light. Poor little rich girl, seriously poor. Her whining to Jeremy about how she should win just did it for me. At 50 years old, she lives in a house her mom paid for, drives a car her mom paid for. I don't care for mama D, but I think she is absolutely right, D'Andra can't handle money well.

I thought the cooking competition was fun, but it was also a very telling scene. Little things can tell you a lot. D'andra cooked very well, but she ordered Rich around the entire time. She was constantly having him hand/bring her stuff, like the fucking pampered princess that she is. It really rubbed me the wrong way. 

• Love 17

I'm sorry there is no excuse in the world that makes it ok to make people attend so many freaking events for a wedding then wait 5 hours between wedding and reception then have the reception at 7 at night and not have food at the event .ANYONE in DALLAS society will tell you that... that is beyond tacky and unacceptable... being cheap was what it was all about ..... her party planner can throw all the fits he wants and leann can make all the excuses in the world its still TACKY AS FUCK ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 18

Were Brandi and Brian having lunch? Because if so, maybe Brooklyn and Brinkley were in school and that's why they weren't there.  My youngest grandchild is 9 months and she doesn't make a horrendous mess while sitting in a highchair at a restaurant. But that's probably because we don't give her things to chuck overboard. 

I think Travis farted in the over-sized tub/small pool and that's what caused those bubbles.  

I did laugh at Leanne and Rich going through the Sonic drive-thru in a Rolls Royce and wearing wedding attire. 

Leanne's mom couldn't even be bothered to get there on time.  Even if some people believe that Leanne is exaggerating about her childhood, her mom certainly doesn't seem to be disproving anything. 

Kary talks about being independent and making her own money with the jewelry, but I'll bet Eduardo provided the seed money to start the business.

• Love 10

@LibertarianSlut There can never be too many Sex and the City references. 🙂

It isn’t from SATC, but I was also reminded of a dating story I heard about. The woman went through a lot of effort getting ready for a first date she was excited about. She bought a new dress, spent a lot of money and time on her hair, makeup, and nails. The guy didn’t even offer to pay for her dinner. I forgot what type of transportation she used to get to the date, but the weather was also bad. He didn’t help her get home either. She was stuck outside in heels by herself until she got herself a ride. Sometimes expecting a dinner is really not much. Maybe this guy was related to LeeAnne. lol 

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Has LeeAnne addressed why there was no food? 

I'm starting to feel like my circle of friends have no class.  I just realized I've never been to a wedding where I was served a plated dinner.  Ever!

It's all potluck/buffet/finger food from my group!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Having a wedding reception with no meal is the reason why you have a year to send a gift.  Calculating how much a fully comped event cost per empty plate would have me tearing up my gift check in a heartbeat. 

Of course having the optics of a "Portable VIP Restroom Trailer" while at an indoor venue might have me taping that gift check back together for appreciation of the sheer ridiculousness of it all...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

What was that trailer out front? Could that have been a food truck?  

8 hours ago, princelina said:

I think First Cary had plenty of expectations - he wanted her in the office with him, not at home with their child, and he wants that hot body so he can dress it up, photograph it, and show it off as a business and personal success.

That goofball with the dead wombat on his head?  He should be apologizing - as her wedding planner, he should have advised her to take the disco-ball-human money and spend it on some food stations!

Who needs sparkly dressed people at a party?  Give me food instead, any day. You would think someone who is a good enough drifter to hire performers, could grift good enough to get food for the guests also.

As for complaining that Kary didn't bring a gift, I have heard it was bad form to take a gift to the reception.  And that big pile of meat, needed some bread for the sandwiches. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

I'm starting to feel like my circle of friends have no class.  I just realized I've never been to a wedding where I was served a plated dinner.  Ever!

LOL! I bet your friends didn't make everyone go to so many events, and it sounds like they still had more food than LeeAnne did. 

1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

Who needs sparkly dressed people at a party?  Give me food instead, any day. You would think someone who is a good enough drifter to hire performers, could grift good enough to get food for the guests also.

As for complaining that Kary didn't bring a gift, I have heard it was bad form to take a gift to the reception.  And that big pile of meat, needed some bread for the sandwiches. 

MTE. How are there those sparkly people but no meal? 

I don't eat meat and try to avoid all animal foods. So had I attended, I could probably only eat fruit and cake, cheese if I decided not to be vegan. No bueno! I wonder if there were any vegetarians in attendance. 

LeeAnne was a beautiful bride. Everything was beautiful, and she did seem really happy. I don't like being so negative, but between all she demanded of her circle of friends, her being a bride of a particular age, and all of this being filmed, the lack of food, among other things, was very surprising. I've been to weddings of people from all walks of life. Obviously most of the couples have been much younger than LeeAnne, and a lot of them haven't had much. Some of the younger couples probably hadn't even attended many weddings themselves prior to their own. There weren't people to comp so many of the expenses or cameras rolling. Yet they still had etiquette enough to send proper invites, not go overboard on pre-wedding events, not too big a gap between ceremony and reception, provided dinner, and then sent thank you notes for all gifts. None of that is pretentious high society crap, just basic manners and thoughtfulness.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 14
31 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

It’ll was a bar trailer serving champagne, Stephanie mentioned that it was Hee kind of trailer.

• Love 2

Why were there "swag bags" at the wedding?  And who were they for?  We saw LeeAnne's mom leave with two of them -- maybe one for her and one for her husband? 

Gifts for the couple's parents and for attendants are a tradition.  Is that what this was? 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Why were there "swag bags" at the wedding?  And who were they for?  We saw LeeAnne's mom leave with two of them -- maybe one for her and one for her husband? 

Gifts for the couple's parents and for attendants are a tradition.  Is that what this was? 

Most likely they were wedding favors for all the guests there was a huge table of them. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

I've been to a wide variety of weddings in my day, and all have had more food than LeeAnn's, even the one where the bride was just 18 and the reception was held in a sad VFW hall.  Granted, that food wasn't fancy, but at least their deli trays had little rolls and condiments to make sandwiches and there were other pot-luck style things like potato salad. (That one was weird---all this down home stuff, and in the middle of the table was a rented ornate silver champagne fountain flowing with rose' Franzia.)

The thing with LeeAnn's reception is that the charcuterie board should have been BH-level (that's one thing Kyle definitely got right) if that's what she was going to have as primary snacks.  Or she should have had a dinner that topped D'Andra's weird fourth anniversary party last season.  Considering how she's competitive with D'Andra, you would think she would have wanted to out do Ms. $200 In Checking's shindig.  Failing that, the gift bags should have included a meal voucher for a fine Dallas establishment, but I bet it didn't even include a Sonic coupon, despite product placement.

• Love 9

I'll echo the lack of food as an issue.

Taaaaaacky, tacky, tacky.  Never in my life.  

Oh, and I was raised in Dallas, been in Texas all my life, been to hundreds of weddings (and had a few of my own, lol).  This is NOT how we do things in Texas....or anywhere.

And if the invitation did state that there would be limited food, why that's even tackier.  Who sends out an invitation like that?  

"We invite you to stop at Sonic on your way to share in our joy".

And please bring a reusable cup with which you can fill up water from the bathroom.  
You can take the girl out of the carnie life.....

Edited by Sterling
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

"We invite you to stop at Sonic on your way to share in our joy".

That isn't the worst suggestion, come to think about it (though Sonic wouldn't be my first choice)...

• Love 1
On 11/8/2019 at 12:24 AM, Thumper said:

I think Leeanne's second dress was actually a full bodysuit/catsuit with a skirt-type thing tied around, which she may have removed later on.   Can anyone confirm?

Can confirm.  She was absolutely dancing in a lace bodysuit at the reception. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Sterling said:

And if the invitation did state that there would be limited food, why that's even tackier.  Who sends out an invitation like that?  

^This.  I have been completely overthinking the reception and can't imagine how one communicates a lack of food at the event.

*Please eat before attending*

*Cake and punch only*

*Skinny girl reception--losing weight is the goal*

*No d'ouvres and a cash bar*

They should have had the cake cutting at the church reception hall after the ceremony and then had a Texas party that evening (if they wanted a party 5 hours after the event). 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
On 11/8/2019 at 6:51 PM, dosodog said:

Sounds like a lot of weddings I attended as a child. Engagement rings didn’t cost a year’s salary, bachelorette parties were not three days out of town, and the honeymoon wasn’t paid for by boldly asking your guests to sponsor it. People saved up money for a house, and you know, the actual marriage. 

• Love 9
On 11/6/2019 at 9:21 PM, Pickles said:

So, this is marriage number FOUR for Rich. And he can't stop commenting about all of the good looking women at his foodless wedding reception. Hmmm. 

I was thinking the same thing. Also find it interesting that LeeAnne has never been married before given her obvious desire to have done so, her beauty, brains, etc. Did she scare off all the men or simply target the wrong ones? Even now, picking someone is one wife #4 doesn't seem the smartest thing in my book. 

I've been to wedding receptions that just had appetizers instead of full-on meals, but none completely without food. Did they pay for the alcohol or was it a cash bar? Because if it was the latter, why not at least spring for heavy hors d'oeuvres?

I didn't really like LeeAnne's dress. I thought it made her look matronly and she is gorgeous, but maybe it didn't translate well on TV. Something is definitely off with her relationship with her mother. Wow, lots of simmering hostility there evidenced by LeeAnne's feigned indifference to her mother being there and her mother's comments. Not to mention her mother shows up within five minutes of the ceremony. Thanks for making it all about you and not the bride, mom! 

I was distracted during the Brian/Brandi lunch scene by all the food on the table, floor, chair, etc. Felt bad for the poor bussers who had to clean up that mess. My sister used to work at a restaurant and said staff called the kids "cracker crunchers" and had interesting stories about some of the stuff they found during clean-up.

Agree Brian seemed disinterested in the whole conversation. Is he still uncomfortable with being on TV or is he that checked out of the marriage? In either case, Brandi does not seem emotionally stable enough to adopt another child right now. She is struggling with the three she has, especially the 10 year-old. She doesn't seem to have control over her children or her emotions. I feel for her. I know Stephanie is the one who has spoken about being depressed, but Brandi seems so to me too. 

I love D'Andra's husband. Wish I could same the same for her, but I just do not like her. How she snagged him is beyond me. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Sounds like a lot of weddings I attended as a child. Engagement rings didn’t cost a year’s salary, bachelorette parties were not three days out of town, and the honeymoon wasn’t paid for by boldly asking your guests to sponsor it. People saved up money for a house, and you know, the actual marriage. 

Welcome to my world, which is apparently pre-historic.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

My two take aways from this episode are: Brandi is unhealthily afraid of having her kids mad at her and Leanne scheduled the gap to try and make it seem ok to not provide food.

Brandi’s reaction to her husband appropriately moving the plate away from Bruin was to say “now he will be upset with you.”  Your kids should be upset with you multiple times a day. As a parent you are constantly telling them to do stuff they don’t want to do (pick up toys, take a bath, eat their veggies). You are also stopping them from doing stuff they do want to do (throwing stuff at their sister, eating play doh). I saw this in the past episode with Brooklyn and again now with a baby. She is clearly a loving parent but needs some parenting classes ASAP.

Leanne thought by not having her reception until the evening she could get away with not providing food. No, just no.

• Love 13

Little kids in restaurants throwing food around and parents never disciplining their brats is basically the norm in Scandinavia. It makes things so much harder on everyone but it´s unbelievable how far some parents are willing to take this method, even to their breaking point. However I do think Brandi´s family is sweet (except for, well, you know) and Bruin was adorable at the restaurant. When it´s not my kid and it´s on tv I don´t care. I´ve seen so many older children, even at the same table as me, behaving much worse.

• Love 1
On 11/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I didn't listen to the whole rant, but he had to point out that Kary did not bring a gift to the reception.

I was taught that it's best not to bring the gift to a reception. Someone has to figure out how to get those gifts out of the venue, and it's better to send the gift directly to the home before or after the wedding. But I don't think that weirdo knows much about manners. Or food service. Or hairdos. 

Also, having to get water from the bathroom was gross.

Edited by Valentine
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Valentine said:

I was taught that it's best not to bring the gift to a reception. Someone has to figure out how to get those gifts out of the venue, and it's better to send the gift directly to the home before or after the wedding. But I don't think that weirdo knows much about manners. Or food service. Or hairdos. 

Also, having to get water from the bathroom was gross.

I was taught that too.  I will bring a card with some cash or a gift card to the reception, but not something that the couple then has to transport at the end of the night.  Steve also really messed up with calling that out.  Didn't we already see a pile of unopened gifts in LeeAnne's house in an earlier episode?  It bugs when I see someone not be able to get the story straight.  I don't expect any reality in these shows, but I do want a consistent narrative.  

• Love 4