Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: My Big Fat Dallas Wedding

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

And his last name is "Brittingham."  My other question is, why did he and Kary marry each other???

Oh, just when I thought the wedding dress was bad enough from the front (should I say "the first wedding dress"?), when she turned to the side, she had no ass.  They can fix that.  You can even get silicone implants at David's Bridal that you wear for the day.

I laughed at the ceremony and I thought it was funny and cute, but I also thought MJ's and Tommy's ceremony on Shahs where they were both stoned out of their minds, hogging the mike and cursing at each other was fun, so don't mind me.  I just like to see people having fun and taking things lightly on their big day.  I really could have done without the crying, but hey, we got through it!

I called it!  Leeanne purposely scheduled the five hour gap, although she could be lying about that and it really can be about the SWAG.  

If--and this is a big "if"--Leeanne's mom was as much of a piece of work as she claims, then I'm not really mad about Leeanne inviting her just to be a passive-aggressive bitch, but who knows what their story is?

The reception definitely had some cool concepts, but seating would have been ever cooler.  Rich's comments, even spliced together, were not cool.  I'm not sure I like Rich very much at all.

-------------------------

I think Jeremy has a sexual food fetish with regard to D'andra.  I'm talking full-on George Costanza eating sandwiches during sex fetishism.  If they like it, I love it.  I just really don't want to see it.

I can't decide which couple has less chemistry--Brandi and Brian or Kary and Eduardo.  I have more chemistry with the elevator operator than all of them put together.  Bruin should never have been at that restaurant, he should have been in daycare.  At one point, his bottle was on the floor.  I know Brandi said she'd "clean it" (cough bullshit cough), but if I was another patron, and I slipped on that shit, I'd be pissed.  Plus, he was yelling.  That's not appropriate.  It's hard for me to believe Brandi and Brian had sex in Nashville.  All Brandi said was that she had sex, so hmm.  I think Brian is 100% right with regard to maintaining their family unit's status quo.

Now Stephanie...has a house.  There's a freaking swimming pool and couch in her bathroom.  Maybe that's why Kameron gets mad at her!

I am so over the bullshit of inviting people to Thailand like you're inviting people to coffee.  They should just go and dispense with the fake phone calls.

How did this manage to feel like a filler episode when it contained the wedding of a seminole charachter?

Sometimes parents like to do things with their kids. Children don't need to be locked away. She says she always cleans up after him and i bet she's a good tipper. I don't have an infant anymore, but that seemed a kid appropriate restaurant and people get to live.

Re filler: Because LeeAnne sucks and we've already talked about this stupid wedding for a billion years.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

C'mon now, this wedding was the high point of Dallas society...

You can tell, because there were scantily dressed women doing acrobatics on saddles hanging from the ceiling.  Only the best Dallas wedding receptions can book that crew.  

I was a bit worried that saddle was going to come crashing down with 3 of the women sitting on it.  Well, 2 of them sitting and Kam hanging on to the side for as long as her spindly arms would allow. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

You can tell, because there were scantily dressed women doing acrobatics on saddles hanging from the ceiling.  Only the best Dallas wedding receptions can book that crew.  

I was a bit worried that saddle was going to come crashing down with 3 of the women sitting on it.  Well, 2 of them sitting and Kam hanging on to the side for as long as her spindly arms would allow. 

I always think it’s funny when really rich folks who are supposed to epitomize class have half naked people as entertainment/decor at parties. They’ve done this on RHBH too. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Eduardo and Kary are very dismissive of each other.  It's very uncomfortable listening to them at their dinner.  Yikes.  

I liked him the first couple times we saw him.  He seemed to like Kary -- I don't recall details but he was complimentary.

Maybe he's just uncomfortable on camera.  I'm projecting here, but I think he wants Kary to succeed on the show but he doesn't know how he fits in, and what he should be doing/saying so as to help her. 

It was an unnatural conversation, just for the cameras.  I hope Kary treats him better when she's not being filmed.  There's nothing wrong with the guy.  Why should he feign interest in her jewelry? 

And if she's breaking the bank on her girls' trips, it's okay that he has something to say about that.

The wedding -- what an unappetizing pile of food!  LeeAnne's reception dress -- are reception dresses always just a different wedding dress?  She should have gone with something more comfortable, for dancing. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I didn't suggest Bruin should have been "locked away."  I said he should have been in daycare, which is what his father said.  

Parents can and should do whatever they want with their kids until it infringes on other people's enjoyment IMO.  I worked Applebee's in college, which is "kid appropriate," as they provide crayons and kids' menus, etc., but that didn't mean the waitstaff or the other patrons were cool with the behavior exhibited by Bruin.  If a kid is tearing shit apart like Bruin was, the parents are really supposed to clean it up as they go, and it's still not cool, because some of that stuff gets mashed into the carpet beyond the point that Brandi or Brian would even be allowed to clean it, so that falls to the server, who is making $5 an hour, to get on their hands and knees to scrub.  And when the kids tear up sugar packets and stuff?  Staff have to spend their valuable time that should be going to other tables going into the back and re-stocking.  For us, it was mac and cheese that would cause eye rolls and swearing under the breath.  I have a feeling that this restaurant's kid's taco and rice and beans are the equivalent.

Also, it's an unspoken rule that when a kid is causing a stir, an adult is supposed to take them outside.  I never understood why parents didn't do this.  Do they not realize that it's bothering other people or do they not care?  It messes up the rotation for the wait staff, too, because patrons come in and (quite reasonably) ask to be seated away from the screaming kid, so that if you have a loud kid in your section, you also stand to lose tips because youre section may remain empty.

So it's not about suggesting that parents aren't allowed to live; it's about making things comfortable and fair for everyone involved in the transaction--other patrons and watistaff, in addition to the parents.

The only place I could see letting kids run amok is somewhere like Chuck E Cheese, a place that is specifically designed to cater to kids.  Then you at least know what to expect.

I didn't see Brandi clean up after Bruin, and I have nothing to go on as to whether she's a good tipper.  Not saying that both didn't happen, I just don't have a way of ascertaining it.

I just don't see the upside of bringing a baby to a restaurant.  I can see bringing kids who are old enough to appreciate decorum, like five year olds and up, but I don't think babies like Bruin, who is one, particularly enjoy restaurants more than he enjoys daycare or staying home with a nanny or babysitter.  If his parents want to live, by all means, they should have alone time at a restaurant or an event.  I am a huge proponent of unplugging and chilling away from the kids.  I'm just not sure what the benefit to anyone was to have him there, except to film a scene.  I noticed right away that Brooklyn and Brinkley weren't there.  They should be careful about that.  When I was a kid, I thought going out to restaurants was amazing, like the best thing ever.  I don't have a little brother, but if I did, I'm not sure how well it would sit with me that my parents took him to a restaurant without me.  If it happened enough...I'd probably start acting out too.  Interesting.

my theory is if someone doesn't want kids in a restaurant then they should go to or create an adults only restaurant they do have those ... know when going out to eat at a public place children could be there people have children people with children are not confined or quarantined to only their houses ....someone saying how dare they ruin my dining experience when you don't own the restaurant they are going to shows a lack of awareness about living in a free society that has children in it.... it didn't look like a fine dining place it just looked like an everyday mom and pop kinda restaurant...kids eat family s with small children have just as much a right to eat in public as everyone else .... Im just playing devils advocate here but saying kids under a whatever age shouldn't be out in restaurants in public is just strange to me

• Love 8

^^

Well, it's comsi comsa to me now that I'm out of the industry, as I don't personally have to deal with it anymore 🙂 now that I'm out of college.  I just wanted to get the other side out there--that it's my opinion that people get rightfully annoyed.  

I can't underscore enough that I was speaking about babies, say, two and under.  Again, I don't see what benefit the baby gets from the restaurant, so someone else must be benefiting, and it is my theory that in this instance, the thing that was benefited was the scene, and if parents who have the means of Brandi and Brian want to go out to a restaurant, they can afford a babysitter or nanny, so it's a false dichotomy to me that they have to bring the baby to a restaurant or they're not living their lives.  

Children, as in, like I said up thread, five year olds and older?  They should definitely go to restaurants.  I said I used to love restaurants when I was a child.  I also think it's a fabulous opportunity to teach children how to behave in public.  Yes, by all means, color on your kid's menu in crayon, order your meal in a big-girl voice, etc., and be well-behaved and don't run amok.  The parents will feel proud, the kids will feel mature, and everyone will be happy.

But these parents that let their kids destroy a table?  Are doing their kids no favors.  If they're still doing it with their friends at 12, that becomes vandalism, and they're fixing to have the cops called on them.  Teaching kids to be pleasant and well-mannered is one of the most loving things a parent can do for a child.

And I don't suspect I have much more to say on the topic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Brandi's affect is interesting. She comes alive when she's alone with the women, drinking and carrying on, or in her talking heads. But with her family she's utterly flat and passive, even altering her voice. Weirdly checked out. Medication? Booze? Brandi puts me in mind of "mother's little helper." And their best story line is to bring another baby into this miserable family?

Her super soft voice reminds me of Michelle Duggar. Maybe she's trying to "keep sweet". 

3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

No wonder D’Andra questioned Rich’s fidelity- horndog was checking out chics at his own wedding.

I still don't think she should have brought it up on TV, but I'm no longer giving her the side eye for thinking that. 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I wonder if Kary and her husband normally converse in Spanish, their conversation was so stilted it was like they were strangers.

That's actually the best explanation I've heard for why they seem so unnatural around each other.

Re:  Rich talking about other women, at his own wedding.   Sheesh, dude.  And no, I don't think D'Andra should have told LeighAnn with cameras rolling, but I was with a guy like Rich.  Where there's smoke....

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Pickles said:

So, this is marriage number FOUR for Rich. And he can't stop commenting about all of the good looking women at his foodless wedding reception. Hmmm. 

Really. Why keep getting married?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Nevermind the creepy humanoid mirror ball sporting a lampshade.  You can take the girl out of the carney ...

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Thanks again Bravo.  You not only film a 10 year old girl's worse moments, but you have to replay them over and over on new episodes so we don't forget.    Bravo and the parents suck.

Kari was pissed because the cameras were there and her damn husband wouldn't help her advertise her business for all the world to see.  Hubby needs to learn how to play this.

When my kids were babies, we took them out to eat all the time.  But, when they were too little to hold a spoon, or wanted to play with their food, we kept the food near us and we either fed them ourselves, or put small bites close to them, so the mess stayed small.  At our home, it was a different story, they were allowed to learn how to handle a meal, and making a mess wasn't unexpected. 

I think Rich decided to get married because LeeAnn is bringing in the money with this show, and he obviously doesn't mind getting divorced if it doesn't work out.

• Love 11

But if Eduardo normally speaks to Kary in Spanish, why doesn't he know how to say "flautas"?  That's like first-year middle-school stuff.

I had five years of Spanish through junior high and high school, then went on to live in a succession of Latino areas and spoke Spanish with my neighbors all the time--so I was fluent. And a mistake like the one Eduardo made would have every Spanish speaker I've ever known doubled over in hysterics.  There's something hinky about him that I can't quite put my finger on. (And I liked him at first, too. Better than I liked her.  But he's looking really dickish at the moment.)

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

But if Eduardo normally speaks to Kary in Spanish, why doesn't he know how to say "flautas"?  That's like first-year middle-school stuff.

I had five years of Spanish through junior high and high school, then went on to live in a succession of Latino areas and spoke Spanish with my neighbors all the time--so I was fluent. And a mistake like the one Eduardo made would have every Spanish speaker I've ever known doubled over in hysterics.  There's something hinky about him that I can't quite put my finger on. (And I liked him at first, too. Better than I liked her.  But he's looking really dickish at the moment.)

Eduardo is Mexican was born and raised, he moved to the US to go to college and he runs a SM marketing company focusing on the Latinx market both in the US and Mexico he is fluent in Spanish.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I didn't suggest Bruin should have been "locked away."  I said he should have been in daycare, which is what his father said.  

Parents can and should do whatever they want with their kids until it infringes on other people's enjoyment IMO.  I worked Applebee's in college, which is "kid appropriate," as they provide crayons and kids' menus, etc., but that didn't mean the waitstaff or the other patrons were cool with the behavior exhibited by Bruin.  If a kid is tearing shit apart like Bruin was, the parents are really supposed to clean it up as they go, and it's still not cool, because some of that stuff gets mashed into the carpet beyond the point that Brandi or Brian would even be allowed to clean it, so that falls to the server, who is making $5 an hour, to get on their hands and knees to scrub.  And when the kids tear up sugar packets and stuff?  Staff have to spend their valuable time that should be going to other tables going into the back and re-stocking.  For us, it was mac and cheese that would cause eye rolls and swearing under the breath.  I have a feeling that this restaurant's kid's taco and rice and beans are the equivalent.

Also, it's an unspoken rule that when a kid is causing a stir, an adult is supposed to take them outside.  I never understood why parents didn't do this.  Do they not realize that it's bothering other people or do they not care?  It messes up the rotation for the wait staff, too, because patrons come in and (quite reasonably) ask to be seated away from the screaming kid, so that if you have a loud kid in your section, you also stand to lose tips because youre section may remain empty.

So it's not about suggesting that parents aren't allowed to live; it's about making things comfortable and fair for everyone involved in the transaction--other patrons and watistaff, in addition to the parents.

The only place I could see letting kids run amok is somewhere like Chuck E Cheese, a place that is specifically designed to cater to kids.  Then you at least know what to expect.

I didn't see Brandi clean up after Bruin, and I have nothing to go on as to whether she's a good tipper.  Not saying that both didn't happen, I just don't have a way of ascertaining it.

I just don't see the upside of bringing a baby to a restaurant.  I can see bringing kids who are old enough to appreciate decorum, like five year olds and up, but I don't think babies like Bruin, who is one, particularly enjoy restaurants more than he enjoys daycare or staying home with a nanny or babysitter.  If his parents want to live, by all means, they should have alone time at a restaurant or an event.  I am a huge proponent of unplugging and chilling away from the kids.  I'm just not sure what the benefit to anyone was to have him there, except to film a scene.  I noticed right away that Brooklyn and Brinkley weren't there.  They should be careful about that.  When I was a kid, I thought going out to restaurants was amazing, like the best thing ever.  I don't have a little brother, but if I did, I'm not sure how well it would sit with me that my parents took him to a restaurant without me.  If it happened enough...I'd probably start acting out too.  Interesting.

This is a place we'll have to agree to disagree. I would have probably taken my kid outside or left. But that's me. I don't feel like kids/ need to be excluded from life for the convenience of others. It's also amazing that you thought going to a restaurant is special, and I'm sure with your own children, or any you might have in the future, you will recreate that magical experience. 

I was one of five with my adopted family, and while most things we did as a full family, we still got one on one time.

• Love 6

I am an avowed child and baby hater when it comes to fine dining.  That said, I was an exceptionally well behaved child, and so was my beloved niece.  I took her to nice restaurants from the time she was an infant, and never once had anything but pride for how well behaved she was.  

My Mum used to love to tell the story about taking a barely toddling me to a restaurant where the waitrass removed the cutlery at my place setting.  I politely asked her if I could have my knife and fork back, peese.

As much as it pains me to say this, not all minors are monsters.  But the behaviors of the Ho'wives' spawn would certainly lead one to that conclusion.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

People marry across ethnic/national/religious lines all the time.  My own parents did.  So I don't find it unusual that he has a Spanish first name and an English surname (mother Mexican, father something else).  I do find other things about him unusual, though.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I guess the same way Salma Hayek has a Lebanese name and considers herself Mexican 🙂

Yeah I think Salma’s father is Lebanese. 🙂 She looks more Middle Eastern to me.

3 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

People marry across ethnic/national/religious lines all the time.  My own parents did.  So I don't find it unusual that he has a Spanish first name and an English surname (mother Mexican, father something else).  I do find other things about him unusual, though.

That’s what I guessed, but I was curious if anyone knew exactly what his background was. I’m always curious about where people come from, family histories, different cultures blending and such. 

I too thought of Mauricio!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Eduardo and Kary are very dismissive of each other.  It's very uncomfortable listening to them at their dinner.  Yikes.  

They seem to HATE each other.  Or, he is not happy in front of the camera and she hates him. 

9 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

What's the attraction to Thailand and VietNam for Stephanie's father-in-law all these years? I know the family business has interests there, but why would a wealthy-but-ailing elderly man spend so much time there? 

Ping pong parties? 

7 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I think the Redmond’s used a surrogate for Bruin, and perhaps had another embryo they implanted this time. The whole adoption never passed the smell test for me, especially when Stephanie talks about it - she’s a terrible liar. 

I cannot imagine why you would think that.  Adoptions happen every day.  It is not something used to cover up a surrogate.  I do not understand this thinking.

4 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I can see both sides to this argument.  I do not feel like kids can't go to nice restaurants.  You go to eat, and babies/kids under 2 need to eat too.  They should be able to experience going out, and get to know how to behave.  My kids like to eat out too, why not bring them? 

A screaming kid - yeah bring them outside or to the bathroom or something.  Kid running around, get them out of there.  But a babbling kid, making a mess.  That's what kids do.  Like someone said upthread - if you need quiet to eat - stay home.  There are usually young adults, or even older adults who are loud in restaurants - I can't control anyone else, so I just deal with it.  I probably get loud myself, after a few drinks. 

And my kids usually made a mess under the highchair, I didn't clean it but I always tipped double.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, katespencer1 said:

I take my 5 year old almost everywhere, but if he acted like Bruin acted when he was that age I wouldn't have.   

Brand just seems kind of off. Like she's closed off from her life and just going through the motions.

I think its because even tho she is married she is treated like a single parent ... he has no input or anything with the raising of the kids it seems like its all on her....look at how he talks to her ..what are you gonna do ..what about the attention you arnt giving the oldest.. its all her her her ... does he not realize hes their parent also? 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

What's the attraction to Thailand and VietNam for Stephanie's father-in-law all these years? I know the family business has interests there, but why would a wealthy-but-ailing elderly man spend so much time there? 

Our business partner(he's a complete loser) is over there all the time since his divorce.  We believe it is for the sex and he is not elderly but just flat out gross. My husband has basically asked him not to participate in any of the everyday workings of the business because he literally screws up everything his drunk ass touches. When I heard Travis say his dad goes over there all the time I just thought, "dirty old man" and sexcapades.  I would also venture to guess that Travis gets quite involved with the sex trades over there, too.  The ping pong comment made me sick. Nice way to look at women, dude! Vomit!

Brandi's affect is interesting. She comes alive when she's alone with the women, drinking and carrying on, or in her talking heads. But with her family she's utterly flat and passive, even altering her voice. Weirdly checked out. Medication? Booze? Brandi puts me in mind of "mother's little helper." And their best story line is to bring another baby into this miserable family?

YES! I caught the very same thing!  I also thought of "Mother's little helper", too.  I have been to the Hacienda out in Frisco many times when it used to be out in the sticks and it was disgusting watching that little kid drop every damn thing on the floor for the staff, not Brandi, to clean up. She does NOT need another kid. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I don't expect parents of small kids to not go out as a family and enjoy their favorite foods. There are only so many places that cater to kids. I just expect parents to be considerate. I don't want to hear crying babies when someone's in the middle of their vows, see little kid's hands in everything at a buffet, or parents who don't care their child is shrieking nonstop. Otherwise, babies/small kids can get a little messy and noisy, just a part of life. 

• Love 20

Just because little kids are naturally and understandably cranky, noisy and messy, and the parents exhausted, doesn't mean other diners and wait staff are supposed to deal with it.  Parents' rights don't extend into other people's space. A little food spilled on the floor is OK, but once Junior is regularly tossing his supper onto the floor, or screaming his bloody lungs off, it's time to stop the nonsense. Wait staff aren't house servants, and other diners are paying for a pleasant meal out.

Hurrumph.

On a somewhat lighter note, I had a friend who would announce to the room at large (movies, restaurants) that noisy people needed to hush. I cringed in my seat every single time he did it, but it was usually effective, mostly because it shocked people into silence.

Raiderred, I thought of the sex stuff too but wondered if anyone else did.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
13 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Raiderred, I thought of the sex stuff too but wondered if anyone else did.

That is the first place my mind went - straight into the gutter. I lay the blame at the feet of my true crime shows ...

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Which makes his lapse even weirder than if he spoke no Spanish at all.  Just sayin'.

This was bugging me too so I checked out the restaurant’s menu.  They actually list them as “flutes” (literal translation) so makes sense he first said basically flu-tez and then realized they were flautas and corrected himself. 

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c3cc05231d4df2f1190b343/t/5dc493bfb12a5f11a1484fe5/1573163970373/Tulum+Web+menu.pdf

• Useful 8
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

This was bugging me too so I checked out the restaurant’s menu.  They actually list them as “flutes” (literal translation) so makes sense he first said basically flu-tez and then realized they were flautas and corrected himself. 

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c3cc05231d4df2f1190b343/t/5dc493bfb12a5f11a1484fe5/1573163970373/Tulum+Web+menu.pdf

Thanks that’s what I thought had happened because after he ordered it the first time you can see him realize it doesn’t sound right and than he says “flautas that is what we call them in Spanish,” so I assumed it was something different on the menu but didn’t want to go back and see the name of the restaurant to look it up.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

What will LeeAnne do with herself now that there isn't a TV wedding to occupy her time? What other grifting narcissistic ploy will she turn to? Weirdly, I think she and Rich may last, in a dysfunctional way. They've run out of options to be with anybody else.

As I watched the carefully scripted and timed vows (LeeAnne waiting for her cues), I wondered if LeeAnne and Rich were auditioning for a revival of "The Honeymooners."

Housewives' jewelry, wine, clothing....every time one of them tries to jam a hastily slapped together product in front of our faces, I think "cheap Christmas trash." (TM the great Tess Harper in "Crimes of the Heart")

I’m in no way implying this about Travis’s father, but Thailand and Vietnam cater to rich men who like underaged girls. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Just because little kids are naturally and understandably cranky, noisy and messy, and the parents exhausted, doesn't mean other diners and wait staff are supposed to deal with it.  Parents' rights don't extend into other people's space. A little food spilled on the floor is OK, but once Junior is regularly tossing his supper onto the floor, or screaming his bloody lungs off, it's time to stop the nonsense. Wait staff aren't house servants, and other diners are paying for a pleasant meal out.

I couldn't agree more.  If you're going to take a toddler into a nice restaurant, at least order something for him that's not so messy -- something that he'd rather eat than play with.  Their table was disgusting.  Give him a soft taco shell, let him tear that up.  At least if pieces end up on the floor, they're easy to clean up.

And judging by the menu, it is a nice restaurant. 

When Bruin is old enough to understand that food is for eating, not for playing, then take him out.  He probably does the same at home, where nannies or housekeepers take care of it.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I wonder how long/how often they filmed that scene?  If it was a long time, that might have contributed to Bruin's behavior.

Exactly - and I agree with @LibertarianSlut that he was there for the scene - he was the topic of discussion (or close) after all.  IMO there are restaurants meant for families, and that is where small children should be taken out and taught to behave.  There are other restaurants that children should be left at home with a babysitter if you want to go.  Where I live, about 10 years ago a restaurant owner decided to ban kids under a certain age and it was a HUGE deal - made the news and everything 😄 It was not the type of place anyone needed to take a kid and I was on the side of the restaurant owner.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think this scene was important to Brandi and hubby in case they opt not to adopt Bruin's sibling. Seeing the time a baby needs while the husband is recalling his mom not being available because of babies tells me it is too much for them, but they feel guilty for not wanting to add to their plate. Regardless, we all know someone out there will shame them publicly for not adopting Bruin's sibling, even if they couldn't do it themselves.

• Love 5
On 11/6/2019 at 6:54 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

SHE killed the mood? You totally dismissed her mid conversation to start talking about your mom walking. Dude seriously 

They both appeared so uneasy and uncomfortable with each other. It is obvious they no longer have 'date nights'. I am sure they are both good people, they have just outgrown their marriage. It happens.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

what are You going to do What about you not giving enough time to the other children ... umm dude they are your kids to ...

From what I gather, this is Brandi's one and only and she's been with him since high school. If that is the case, I forgive her any odd behaviour or overwhelmed expressions. If I had married my first love, I would have assumed he was the 'expert' on what wives should do and wouldn't question a thing. Only after a few discussions during these frequent girls' trips would I start to question my role within the marriage. I have a feeling most of these women are married to men with who have huge expectations along with their $$, with exception to first Carey.

• Love 2

I don’t know if this has been mentioned ‘cause I haven’t read anything yet but..... LeAnn had that 5 hour break because she couldn’t find anyone to complain her wedding dinner and didn’t want to pay to feed her guests. She was hoping everyone had eaten before they came back. That was awful! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 11/6/2019 at 8:30 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

She went cheap and didn’t have food at a reception? Did it at least say that on the invitations? Could she not guilt a chef into doing a free spread? It looked like she guilted the deli guy at Kroger’s lol 

Exactly what I was thinking lol. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think this scene was important to Brandi and hubby in case they opt not to adopt Bruin's sibling. Seeing the time a baby needs while the husband is recalling his mom not being available because of babies tells me it is too much for them, but they feel guilty for not wanting to add to their plate. Regardless, we all know someone out there will shame them publicly for not adopting Bruin's sibling, even if they couldn't do it themselves.

I sincerely hope that's not true.  I hate the idea that someone would attempt to pathologize normal baby behavior (leave a kid in a high chair for too long with a bunch of food on the tray and and that is a very typical result) so they wouldn't get shamed for not adopting another baby. If you need to have your kid exposed on national as "too difficult to handle" to prevent some nasty twitter comments or whatever, then probably best to get off tv entirely.

• Love 6

I wish these RHW shows would stop coming up with lame premises for these girls’ trips.  Just go on a damn trip!  But instead it’s ‘hey, my husband need to go to Thailand to look for his dad who is off his meds - let’s all go along! Yay!’

🙄

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

EXACTLY.  Thank you, @pasdetrois.  You said this better than I could.  

• Love 8