Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: The Moore the Merrier

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

This is totally a UO but I'm putting it out there.

Though I do believe Kenya wanted a baby, I really got the sense that she a) wants a baby as an extension of herself. b) wants a baby to say to everybody else, and the audience, "See, I HAVE A BABY." (which is what she actually said on the show, like, look what I have folks!) and c) as a fashion accessory.  I wonder what will happen when Brooklyn starts to grow up, starts becoming her own person, starts telling her mother "NO."  

On the other hand, I sensed Porsha's sadness.  I think after her first marriage and divorce, she really did want a family just because it was what she wanted.   I had doubts because the pregnancy happened when she and Dennis were in the early stages of their relationship.  

All of this! I suspect we will hear about 100 times this season "I'm a MO-THER now" from Kenya. anytime someone tries to come back at her, etc. The way she dunked that baby bothered me. It's not that the bubbles will hurt her but it clearly startled Brooklyn, why do that on purpose to a tiny baby? Also, something struck me as odd with the exchange at the party- "where is Brooklyn?" "having her diaper changed" and then a discussion on how Brooklyn has multiple nannies. I don't know... it just seemed like, you can't even change your baby's diaper? (and I'll say, Porsha made it clear she hands over Pilar to her mom on the daily too so no passes from me).

Honestly when they first showed Porsha her sadness kind of took my breath for a  moment. I hadn't followed "the blogs" or anything so I had no idea and my first thought was "oh no does she have PPD?" She's never been my favorite (although I did enjoy her last season a lot) but I do feel for her. I know, she jumped into all of this with a questionable dude but still... it just sucks for her and Pilar, the baby is only 2 months old Porsha is still filled with pregnancy hormones.

Wonder if we will see Riley this season? Now I'm not big on a kid putting her opinion in on grown folks' issues but she wasn't wrong when she said Kandi and Todd didn't need another kid because they didn't take care of Ace (paraphrasing). I can't imagine she's thrilled baby sister is on the way.

No Nene, thank you very much! Cynthia can go hang out with her.

Eva is kinda boring but all that food she ordered made me hungry.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I was cringing in secondhand embarrassment for Cynthia. I get that she's happy. Happiness is great! And I have no issues with being upfront and clear about your expectations, but damn, Cynthia, relax! This is a trait that I don't know whether to be embarrassed by or to find endearing in Cynthia. Apparently it's both! For someone so worldly who rose to the ranks in the modeling industry, she's internally 12 years old around men.

Cynthia is the queen of secondhand awkwardness. You nailed it with the 12 year old comparison. Remember the friendship contract? There's something really . . . young about the way Cynthia relates to others.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Cynthia is the queen of secondhand awkwardness. You nailed it with the 12 year old comparison. Remember the friendship contract? There's something really . . . young about the way Cynthia relates to others.

I think this is not unusual for people who had success early in life. A lot of child stars suffer from stunted emotional development which can make them seem very juvenile, even well into their fifties. 

I imagine as a successful model Cynthia started very young, I know Kimora Lee hit it big when she was 12.  The modeling industry loves to take very young girls and pass them off for adults and they get away with it because a lot of these tweens are like 5'10".

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Never been a Kenya fan but I was kinda happy to see her. Wtf.

I like her budding friendship with Porsha. That's a power team if I've ever seen one, and it will be interesting to see if they can keep it going.

All the babies are adorable but the relationship stuff is not. 

Eva cracked me up with "this will be my first baby in wedlock" LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:33 PM, Bronzedog said:

I just came here to ask if I heard that correctly.  Jesus.

I have always thought Mike was kind of creepy.  As a matter of fact, I've never understood any of these women's choices in men.  I thought Kenya's husband might be alright but apparently I was wrong.

Who is Mike ?

• LOL 2
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:20 PM, Neurochick said:

This is totally a UO but I'm putting it out there.

Though I do believe Kenya wanted a baby, I really got the sense that she a) wants a baby as an extension of herself. b) wants a baby to say to everybody else, and the audience, "See, I HAVE A BABY." (which is what she actually said on the show, like, look what I have folks!) and c) as a fashion accessory.  I wonder what will happen when Brooklyn starts to grow up, starts becoming her own person, starts telling her mother "NO."  

On the other hand, I sensed Porsha's sadness.  I think after her first marriage and divorce, she really did want a family just because it was what she wanted.   I had doubts because the pregnancy happened when she and Dennis were in the early stages of their relationship.  

I just believe Kenya is so Happy to be a Mother which is what she always wanted. Not having a mother of her own in her life. Sweet baby Brooklyn is filling the void for her, she gets a chance to shower her with the love she never received from her mother. Really sorry she and Marc did not work out I thought they were a very handsome couple. It  appears that they didn't have a plan about living arrangements, there is no way a long distance marriage can work especially  with a child . I wish they would get counseling before a divorce.

• Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:33 PM, queenbee24 said:

All of this! I suspect we will hear about 100 times this season "I'm a MO-THER now" from Kenya. anytime someone tries to come back at her, etc. The way she dunked that baby bothered me. It's not that the bubbles will hurt her but it clearly startled Brooklyn, why do that on purpose to a tiny baby? Also, something struck me as odd with the exchange at the party- "where is Brooklyn?" "having her diaper changed" and then a discussion on how Brooklyn has multiple nannies. I don't know... it just seemed like, you can't even change your baby's diaper? (and I'll say, Porsha made it clear she hands over Pilar to her mom on the daily too so no passes from me).

Honestly when they first showed Porsha her sadness kind of took my breath for a  moment. I hadn't followed "the blogs" or anything so I had no idea and my first thought was "oh no does she have PPD?" She's never been my favorite (although I did enjoy her last season a lot) but I do feel for her. I know, she jumped into all of this with a questionable dude but still... it just sucks for her and Pilar, the baby is only 2 months old Porsha is still filled with pregnancy hormones.

Wonder if we will see Riley this season? Now I'm not big on a kid putting her opinion in on grown folks' issues but she wasn't wrong when she said Kandi and Todd didn't need another kid because they didn't take care of Ace (paraphrasing). I can't imagine she's thrilled baby sister is on the way.

I so agree on the Porsha issue.  Porsha moves to fast in relationships , I thought the thing with Dennis was moving way to fast.  I believe things are much better between them now, Dennis loves Porsha and baby Pilar very much , but he's a whore . You don't hurt what you love Dennis.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 12:33 PM, queenbee24 said:

Lol ! We will have to have patience with Kenya she's over the moon happy with her baby.

Edited by byrd
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, byrd said:

Who is Mike ?

Cynthia’s fiancé. AKA, the “Hill” part of “chill.” *insert eye roll here*

I bet Cynthia carved a heart with “CHILL” in the middle onto every tree on her property.

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, byrd said:

I just believe Kenya is so Happy to be a Mother which is what she always wanted. Not having a mother of her own in her life. Sweet baby Brooklyn is filling the void for her, she gets a chance to shower her with the love she never received from her mother.

I'm sorry but I don't think that's too healthy because it sounds like Brooklyn exists to tend to Kenya's needs.  Brooklyn is a child, she's not supposed to fill a void Kenya has because her mother didn't want her.  Kenya needs to deal with that void in therapy.

I think she is happy now, but that's because Brooklyn is a baby (and how often is Brooklyn with the nanny?).  What will happen when Brooklyn gets older and wants to go her own way?   If Brooklyn is filling a void in Kenya, Kenya won't like it as her daughter gets more independent.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 11/4/2019 at 10:42 AM, Brooklynista said:

Whatchu talking bout Biak?????

Have you seen his IG page?? no way is he looking at me like that with them eyes and have the nerve to be married.

Sis wait until after Christmas so we can scrap together your bail money for that stalking case you bout to catch! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1
On 11/4/2019 at 11:54 AM, nexxie said:

Plus, desperate is a really bad look for this gorgeous lady.

It’s like she doesn’t realize she’s gorgeous. Still in shape. Youthful. Wealthy. Some how she’s picked up a case of poor self-esteem. It can happen as we age, but she isn’t where this should be her already. Something is wrong. Seriously. 

• Love 2