Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: The Moore the Merrier

• Start Topic

Kenya relishes her new role as a mother to daughter Brooklyn; Porsha’s relationship with Dennis hits a rough patch; a guest shows up at Kandi’s restaurant to reveal shocking news about Dennis; Cynthia is obsessed about getting engaged. 

Airdate 11.03.2019

Kenya’s daughter is a cutie!

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Oh no not beastality lol good god 

I just came here to ask if I heard that correctly.  Jesus.

I have always thought Mike was kind of creepy.  As a matter of fact, I've never understood any of these women's choices in men.  I thought Kenya's husband might be alright but apparently I was wrong.

• Love 6

Wow. Just wow.  Eva's preggers again.  The fabulous Dennis is fooling around on Porsha. Cynthia; who never wanted to get married again after Peter, is DYING to get married again.....

And her royal ass-ness Nene is nothing but happy,happy, happy. What in the bloody hell?

Glad at least Kandi and Todd are going strong!

I know I said I was DONE with these chucklefucks, but what the hey, I had to check it out. 

• Love 8

These kids are adorable!  Either the editing is great, or these children are highly sedated but there wasn’t much baby crying. I can’t imagine my kids wearing those fancy outfits with all that scratchy tulle and head bands but I guess they’re getting ready for life in the ATL.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I knew about all the other stuff that happened between seasons but had no idea about Eva being pregnant so apparently the internet gods are blocking her for me.

I didn’t realize Nene wasn’t in this episode.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I've never understood any of these women's choices in men.  I thought Kenya's husband might be alright but apparently I was wrong.

You should read the book, "Is Marriage for White People?"  It's a very good read on how hard it is for black women to find quality black men.  I was at brunch with a group of friends last weekend, and one of them said that we black women either have to, "marry out or down." Is that true?  Maybe.

• Useful 12
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I just came here to ask if I heard that correctly.  Jesus.

I have always thought Mike was kind of creepy.  As a matter of fact, I've never understood any of these women's choices in men.  I thought Kenya's husband might be alright but apparently I was wrong.

Here's the thing about Kenya - if you want to have your family together in one place, go to NYC where your husband is living. I don't think that dude ever implied he was going to relocate to ATL, so acting like "Its so hard when he can't come be with me" is a little OTT. This type of behavior is exactly why people think that she's transactional and all about relationships of convenience.

• Love 20

I know I said I was DONE with these chucklefucks, but what the hey, I had to check it out. 

That's what everyone has said at least once about each HW show they watch.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Ya'll, Atlanta got sweet babies and little children again!  All the babies were cute and Kandi's Ace was adorable.

Looks like Porsha's mama got a little glammed up for the cameras...I'm not sure about the pink hair yet.

Speaking of wigs, Cynthia looked much better after she pulled hers off. Why is she so damn thirsty for that man? Is it just a story line for the show. Cynthia, despite how gorgeous she was back in the day, always struck as someone much happier alone than being wifed up.

I was sad that those happy babies were being born into relationship drama. Wouldn't it be crazy if Kenya and Porsha's babies grew into best friends? They could bond over their crazy drama loving mamas.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

You should read the book, "Is Marriage for White People?"  It's a very good read on how hard it is for black women to find quality black men.  I was at brunch with a group of friends last weekend, and one of them said that we black women either have to, "marry out or down." Is that true?  Maybe.

I am old enough to remember when some statistician got a lot of media buzz because their "survey" or whatever they did "proved" that the odds of a professional white woman marrying were equivalent to her dying in a nuclear terrorist attack. 

I do think there is probably a disparate ratio of professional women (black, white or whatever) versus "high status" eligible men and that for whatever reason it's probably more pronounced in the black community since the percentage of black women who are professional college graduates is skewed more than in terms of the white graduates and of course men of whatever color can marry "down" in terms of education/earnings etc. while it is still considered "normal" for women to want to marry someone on at least their own "level".

Of course with the women of Atlanta their choices seem to be in line with their own poor judgment rather than what is theoretically available on the market. Surely Cynthia could have done better than Uncle Ben as he was not just a cheating womanizer but an economic leech. Kenya is such a damaged individual that I think it is probably impossible for her to have a "normal" relationship with anyone.

Kandi seems to have a healthy marriage and Ironically she did "marry down" in terms of professional status and money. She could have dismissed him as a gold digger but instead she was able to be okay and recognize that he appears to be exactly what he is - a nice relatively normal guy who wanted to settle down.

• Love 19

Cynthia being so thirsty to get married. I liked that the other women were telling her to take it down a notch or two. Her telling Kandi that she should name her baby Chill made me roll my eyes. Then of course she comes as wedding Barbie to Kenya's party.

Is Porsha back with Dennis now? Was anyone actually surprised that he cheated on her?

I do not really follow any of the women when the show is not airing so I did not realize Eva was pregnant again.

I liked that there was no Nene in this episode. I am still disgusted she was asked back after the altercation last season. 

While this episode was pretty tame it was still more interesting to me than Beverly Hills and Orange County combined.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Cynthia being so thirsty to get married. I liked that the other women were telling her to take it down a notch or two. Her telling Kandi that she should name her baby Chill made me roll my eyes. Then of course she comes as wedding Barbie to Kenya's party.

Is Porsha back with Dennis now? Was anyone actually surprised that he cheated on her?

I do not really follow any of the women when the show is not airing so I did not realize Eva was pregnant again.

I liked that there was no Nene in this episode. I am still disgusted she was asked back after the altercation last season. 

While this episode was pretty tame it was still more interesting to me than Beverly Hills and Orange County combined.

Cynthia, you are at an age where you do not have to pressure yourself anymore. You have raised your child and now sit back and let your nice looking 52 yr old self enjoy the fruits of your success. I am also worried that any man she chooses will be another financial leech like, Peter. She has horrible taste in men.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think there are alot of factors on why it is hard for Black women to get quality Black men. I do think it is connected to what has happen to people of African descent over the centuries. You don't go through something that horrific and not come out unscathed as a people...

On another note, the women on this show are just gorgeous. They don't look plastic like the other ladies on the other franchises. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 13

Surely Cynthia could have done better than Uncle Ben as he was not just a cheating womanizer but an economic leech.

I don't know if he has his own thread on here or not, but the title of it should be "Uncle Ben: Cheating Womanizer, Economic Leech."

I am also worried that any man she chooses will be another financial leech like, Peter.

I like Cynthia, but, yeah...just get back together with Leon already.

They don't look plastic like the other ladies on the other franchises. 

Some, like Kandi and Cynthia, yes. Others, like Nene or Porsha? Not so much.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Some, like Kandi and Cynthia, yes. Others, like Nene or Porsha? Not so much.

I will concede Nene is plastic and Porsha did not need those cantaloupes in her chest. I remember how stunning she was in her first season and that set off Kenya's jealousy..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

On another note, the women on this show are just gorgeous. They don't look plastic like the other ladies on the other franchises. 

They are indeed, which makes it so hard to understand why they think they have to show all that boobage, especially in the TH's. 

Ace is a doll. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

It's no picnic for single white women, either. 

Ok, now that the introduction of the babies and the babies in the womb and the surrogate wombs are over with, let's get on with this adult trainwreck! 

Thirsty Cynthia bridal barbie. Go move to LA with your man and stop this foolishness. I hope this is her last season. Let Kenya's long distance marriage be an example of what not to do. 

I have no words for what's going on with Dennis. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Whatchu talking bout Biak?????

Have you seen his IG page?? no way is he looking at me like that with them eyes and have the nerve to be married.

I am sorry you had to find out this way!

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I was at brunch with a group of friends last weekend, and one of them said that we black women either have to, "marry out or down." Is that true?  Maybe.

Black women will get flak and criticism for whatever they do.

If they marry down they get flak for that.

If they're proud to have a huzzbin, they get flak for that.

If they stay alone, they get flak for that.  Double points if they remain childless.

If they have kids by themselves, they get flak for that.

If they're a baby mama, and they later on get married to another man, they get flak for that

If they marry a black man on their same level, they get flak for that.  I remember Obama's old white girlfriends coming out of the woodwork to say Obama only married Michelle because she was black and having a black wife would help him with votes from black people.

If they have a lot of money and choose to remain unmarried to keep her money to herself, they get flak for that.

If they have a lot of money and marry a black man and make him your manager to make him feel important and good about himself, they get flak for that.

If they marry a non-black man, they get flak for that.

No matter what a black woman does with her relationship choices, she's going to get flak for it.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Who dunks their infant daughter into a tub of bubbles?!?! 😡

That scene gave me the creeps - Kenya had zero empathy, and treated her baby like a “Bubble-and-Bathe” plaything.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I have no words for what's going on with Dennis. 

If Dennis is such the run around and cheater how is it he only has one child? Porsha could have trapped him and lied about being on birth control, he probably does not use condoms (and if he does we know they are not 100 percent effective).

Something just does not ring true. 

2 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

God I'm hope that Dennis' "bestiality" is really him being a furbie (is that what they're called when people dress up in fur animal costumes) 

Thank you, big difference, huge!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Cynthia, you are at an age where you do not have to pressure yourself anymore. You have raised your child and now sit back and let your nice looking 52 yr old self enjoy the fruits of your success. I am also worried that any man she chooses will be another financial leech like, Peter. She has horrible taste in men.

Plus, desperate is a really bad look for this gorgeous lady.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I too am really rolling my eyes at Cynthia.  I can't stand her actually.  I can't stand that her entire life is a branding opportunity.  I can't stand that she calls Mike Hill..."Mike Hill."  I am so over hashtag chill.  I think she's so desperate and I don't know why.  Even with a face so full of filler it looks like it can bounce off a carpet and what appears to be a pretty signaificant weight gain, she's still gorgeous.  

I think Cynthia thinks it's cute that she's thirsty--I think Cynthia thinks almost everything Cynthia-related is cute--but it's sad and desperate.  Why does Cynthia have to be bicoastal?  Why doesn't she just move to LA and join Real Housewives of Who Cares?  The wig thing seemed contrived.  Wigs don't just come off like that (source:  RHOA season two, Kim's wig).  It was discussed in advance that she was going to whip it off, and we're supposed to believe it was spur of the moment.  Right.  I also couldn't believe Cynthia said it would be easy for her to look like a doll.  Who talks about themselves that way?  It's so conceited.  I really can't stand her or her mean streak (source:  kicking Porsha in the vagina, season 8).

Speaking of contrived, Eva's meet-up with Michael sounded so stilted and rehearsed.  They were doing damage control.  When is Michael's voice going to drop?  He can be a voice double for Apollo right now.  I don't really like Eva.  She's not putting it all out there for the camera, and it really reads.

It was pretty obvious from the scene that Eva, Cynthia and Kandi filmed at OLG that they had not spoken to each other since last season wrapped.

Kandi hasn't really done it for me for the past few seasons either.  I really only like her when she's fighting with Nene.  Kandi, what is the big deal with Sincerely showing up at OLG?  You're making it a big deal, when no one else thinks it is.  Stop being so defensive, damn.  

Shamari is one and done?!?  Who would have thunk it?

I was glad not to see Nene, but she's so thoroughly hated that she doesn't really bother me anymore.  She's like Teresa Giudice--she's been exposed for who she is, which kind of neutralizes her.

I am so glad Kenya is back!  I am really liking Porsha this season too.  I like them a lot together.  They really know how to make a reality show pop; I can't really explain it, but they command attention when they're on screen.  I think Porsha may even be clinically depressed, and she's stilll bringing much more charisma than the others.  This is the most human I've ever seen Porsha too.  It's refreshing.

I loooooved the Barbie party, loved the outfits.  It felt very throwback RHOA.  Parties for babies.  I loved the colors.  This is why I watch.

If factions form, and Kenya and Porsha team up, I am going to be on their side.  I don't suspect I would take Eva's or Cynthia's sides on anything.  I still think Cynthia has some stuff to answer for from last season.  I want to see how that shakes out.

ETA Cynthia kicked Porsha in the vagina season 8, not 9.  She did other stuff in season 9 that irked me.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Typo
  • Love 6

If they marry down they get flak for that.  PHAEDRA    KANDI 

If they're proud to have a huzzbin, they get flak for that.  DeSHAWN 

If they stay alone, they get flak for that.  Double points if they remain childless. KENYA's AUNT

If they have kids by themselves, they get flak for that.  KENYA's efforts  pre-Marc 

If they're a baby mama, and they later on get married to another man, they get flak for that 

If they marry a black man on their same level, they get flak for that.  I remember Obama's old white girlfriends coming out of the woodwork to say Obama only married Michelle because she was black and having a black wife would help him with votes from black people.  NENE  

If they have a lot of money and choose to remain unmarried to keep her money to herself, they get flak for that.   

If they have a lot of money and marry a black man and make him your manager to make him feel important and good about himself, they get flak for that. EVA  

I'd add:

If they marry a habitual baby daddy, they get flak for that.  KANDI with A.J.  

If they marry a rumored gay man, they get flak.  KIM FIELDS 

No matter what a black woman does with her relationship choices, she's going to get flak for it.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

If they stay alone, they get flak for that.  Double points if they remain childless. KENYA's AUNT

I don't know if Aunt Lori is or was ever married, but she's not childless; I believe she's the mother of Kenya's cousin Che (who has appeared several times)

13 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

If they have a lot of money and marry a black man and make him your manager to make him feel important and good about himself, they get flak for that. EVA  

I don't see Eva for this, this would be more of a Kandi/Todd situation. Eva would be the "baby mama who later got married to someone else".  Michael is an attorney.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I too am really rolling my eyes at Cynthia.  I can't stand her actually.  I can't stand that her entire life is a branding opportunity.  I can't stand that she calls Mike Hill..."Mike Hill."  I am so over hashtag chill.  

Can we rest easy that "50 Cynth" is done?   Also, one of the funniest things the guys on the "Watch what crappens" podcast do is snark on the #chill on Instagram.  They do this thing where they pretend Cynthia clicks on #chill on one of her posts and sees the millions of other #chill posts and thinks they are related to her.   I don't know why but I die.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

That scene gave me the creeps - Kenya had zero empathy, and treated her baby like a “Bubble-and-Bathe” plaything.

But the best part of it was Brooklyn looking at her like "Crazy is at it again..."

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Porsha's mom eating all the food that she was supposed to be putting on Porsha's plate and so busy stuffing her face she didn't answer the door had me cracking up. That was a cute and realistic scene.

Also, Porsha's mom is doing a good job of biting her tongue about Dennis because she knows how much Porsha is hurting and she doesn't want to make it worse with any "I told you so". If you watched the Porsha 's pregnant specials, mom clearly does not like Dennis or his bitchy mother!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Kandi, what is the big deal with Sincerely showing up at OLG?  You're making it a big deal, when no one else thinks it is.  Stop being so defensive, damn.  

I don't think she was being defensive.  She's making an effort to be on good terms with Porsha, and in the past Porsha has accused her team (probably correctly) of setting up situations to put Porsha in a bad light or to provoke her.  Kandi was right to be nervous of the optics of that Sincerely's "chat" with them, even if it was clearly manufactured by production (cause no one at that table is considered to be great friends with Porsha, so why did she need to clear anything up with them??)

• Love 11
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

If they stay alone, they get flak for that.  Double points if they remain childless.

If they marry a black man on their same level, they get flak for that.  I remember Obama's old white girlfriends coming out of the woodwork to say Obama only married Michelle because she was black and having a black wife would help him with votes from black people.

If they have a lot of money and marry a black man and make him your manager to make him feel important and good about himself, they get flak for that.

The thing with the book (Is Marriage for White People?) was that the author WASN'T blaming black women for anything.  

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I don't think she was being defensive.  She's making an effort to be on good terms with Porsha, and in the past Porsha has accused her team (probably correctly) of setting up situations to put Porsha in a bad light or to provoke her.  Kandi was right to be nervous of the optics of that Sincerely's "chat" with them, even if it was clearly manufactured by production (cause no one at that table is considered to be great friends with Porsha, so why did she need to clear anything up with them??)

I dunno, it's probably semantics, but I think Kandi was being weird and defensive.  I'm not denying that Kandi and Porsha have a past--they've both meddled in each others' personal lives, with Porscha being the first aggressor, but I think Kandi could have handled it better.  At the baby party, when the news came out that it was Sincerely at the OLG with the alcoholic drink (I feel like I'm playing Clue here), Kandi was really working out what she wanted to say and trying to backtrack (she said something like, "first of all, why are we even talking about the fact that it was at Old Lady Gang?").  She was in overexplanation mode.  

I'm just saying I think it would have been a much better look for Kandi to keep it simple.  If asked, just say, "a woman who claimed her name was Sincerely approached me at OLG when I was with Eva and Cynthia and told me she never met Dennis.  I didn't respond, because it's none of my business."  

Anything else starts to make the person seem guilty, even when they're not.  I think Kandi was pretty clean here.  I agree it was obviously a set-up by Bravo, because the woman was miked and had signed a release, but I don't think Kandi was in on in, so she has nothing to worry about.  

When people start overexplaining or getting deeply into context--which I know all about, because I'm guilty of it from time to time--they start to become easy targets.  I'm actually surprised, because Kandi is usually excellent at being nonchalant and shutting things down.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Who dunks their infant daughter into a tub of bubbles?!?! 😡

It won't hurt her.. she's used to the water , she takes swimming lessons and the bubbles were none toxic , won't burn her eyes or anything, no worries.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

True story. As a black woman can I live?!

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Not me. He had "player" written all over him. In ink, even. Except it was spelled with various women's names.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, renatae said:

Not me. He had "player" written all over him. In ink, even. Except it was spelled with various women's names.

To me he had "loser" written all over him. I hope he will be a good father to his child but I somehow doubt it.

I sometimes can not believe this woman was married to Kordell Stewart and then had a baby with Dennis. I know there were rumors about Kordell, but nothing as bad as bestiality.

This is a shallow thing to say, but what a come down.

The baby is cute and seems happy.

• Love 3

Finally caught the episode last night and Brooklyn and Pilar are adorable! They both have quiet dispositions, it seems. The complete opposite of their mama's. 

Did anyone catch Kenya taking Brooklyn back from a guy that was holding her because Marc doesn't like when men besides him hold his daughter? I understand that no parent with sense wants someone random holding their kid, but what about friends and family? I don't know what the deal is there, but that sounded possessive AF. 

And unless Marc was off at war or laid up in a hospital somewhere, I find it very hard to believe that he couldn't come into town for his daughter's party. Sure, it wasn't her birthday or a christening, but come on. I wasn't surprised to hear about Kenya and Marc divorcing because judging from things she mentioned about him, he sounds controlling, but also, they're bi-coastal. I don't understand how either one thought this would work. 

I too am really rolling my eyes at Cynthia.  I can't stand her actually.  I can't stand that her entire life is a branding opportunity.  I can't stand that she calls Mike Hill..."Mike Hill."  I am so over hashtag chill.  I think she's so desperate and I don't know why.  Even with a face so full of filler it looks like it can bounce off a carpet and what appears to be a pretty signaificant weight gain, she's still gorgeous.  

I was cringing in secondhand embarrassment for Cynthia. I get that she's happy. Happiness is great! And I have no issues with being upfront and clear about your expectations, but damn, Cynthia, relax! This is a trait that I don't know whether to be embarrassed by or to find endearing in Cynthia. Apparently it's both! For someone so worldly who rose to the ranks in the modeling industry, she's internally 12 years old around men. 

I miss pixie-hair Cynthia. She looked wayyyy better once she snatched that wig off. That wig was dry and terrible. 

I felt bad for Porsha. She got what she wanted and it went left. Of course she feels embarrassed. There was some smugness there when she was with Dennis and it blew up in her face. 

• Love 10

I was very pleasantly surprised at how many babies are going on here. I guess I just wasn't keeping track until they first showed Porsha, then Kenya, then Kandi, then (!) Eva. Love the baby parade. I liked that, for the moment, everyone is getting along fairly well. Except for hose beast NeNe, of course. I was relieved she was not in this episode and wish they would lose her.

The previews showing all the marital/relationship difficulties was hard to watch, even though cracks were already showing. Not a fan of NeNe's shade toward Cynthia, and what was Mike saying about affairs? Couldn't believe that.

Greg is looking healthy.

• Love 3

This is totally a UO but I'm putting it out there.

Though I do believe Kenya wanted a baby, I really got the sense that she a) wants a baby as an extension of herself. b) wants a baby to say to everybody else, and the audience, "See, I HAVE A BABY." (which is what she actually said on the show, like, look what I have folks!) and c) as a fashion accessory.  I wonder what will happen when Brooklyn starts to grow up, starts becoming her own person, starts telling her mother "NO."  

On the other hand, I sensed Porsha's sadness.  I think after her first marriage and divorce, she really did want a family just because it was what she wanted.   I had doubts because the pregnancy happened when she and Dennis were in the early stages of their relationship.  

• Love 14