Type keyword(s) to search

CBS Sunday Morning - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I watch regularly and normally find something of interest.  I liked seeing Vicarro and Jackson Browne.  I may check out that book about 1975.  I’ve always thought that was a magical time. 

I was a taken aback a little though by the Professor who said she wouldn’t mind watching The Cosby Show again!  Really?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I liked seeing Vicarro and Jackson Browne.

Same here, Jackson Browne is easing into old age rather gracefully.

I may check out that book about 1975.

It was 1974!

image.png.4a4032bf5af33599aba0a4347e178498.png

I was a taken aback a little though by the Professor who said she wouldn’t mind watching The Cosby Show again!  Really?

I have no interest in watching that show again, no moral issue here, I just never liked it.  She did try to make a point that it was an ensemble piece, that he wasn't the only actor in it.  I wish the reporter had said that he was the executive producer, creator and writer, that BC did have a much bigger stake in it than the supporting actors.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Am I the only one who is super careful about recording this show, but 50% of the time it doesn't record???  Bummer!!!  (Every other show I set to record works fine.)

That stinks Medicine Crow!  I can't even think of a reason why that would happen.

6 hours ago, buttersister said:

I often watch segments I’ve missed on YouTube. The show has its own channel.

Thanks for the info.  I found it last night, but imagine my surprise when I couldn't f-f through the commercials!!  The programs, yes!!  I've ear-marked it to watch when I have an hour, so ...

• Love 2
(edited)

No, Martha Stewart, I do not use an ice cream scoop to make cookies.  I do not want my homemade cookies to all be exactly alike.  That's the fun of homemade cookies -- some are a little larger, some are a little smaller, but they are all delicious.

Also, I do not want black cabinets in my kitchen.  Too dark and gloomy.

Edited by Browncoat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Browncoat said:

No, Martha Stewart, I do not use an ice cream scoop to make cookies.  I do not want my homemade cookies to all be exactly alike.  That's the fun of homemade cookies -- some are a little larger, some are a little smaller, but they are all delicious.

Also, I do not want black cabinets in my kitchen.  Too dark and gloomy.

The black didn't look as bad as I thought it would but I still wouldn't want a kitchen with black cabinets. All that copper looked nice but you definitely need to have a staff to polish it.

• Love 2

Martha Stewart comes across as a control freak.  And I was thinking sure it’s ok to have all those copper pans hanging around, “clean of course” 🙄 when you have people to keep it all nice and shiny. 

My favorite piece was of course CSN&Y.  The music of my late teens.   Now I need to shift thru all my CDs to find and listen to them.  My memory is a little fuzzy on what David did to piss off the rest of them.  But he looked good!  Work done?

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

My memory is a little fuzzy on what David did to piss off the rest of them.  But he looked good!  Work done?

The look on Graham Nash's face indicated Crosby's trespasses must've been severe. Old sins cast long shadows.

• Love 3

David's transgression must have been fairly recent, too.  I saw them in concert in 2014.  I don't think any of them has said exactly what David said/did that broke the bonds completely, though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

Loved the piece about the Canadian geese❣️. I live on the WA coast, spring and fall am able to hear them fly over.  Cool especially at night.  They seem to honk more then.  

They honk at night to "keep in touch".

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

Loved the piece about the Canadian geese❣️. I live on the WA coast, spring and fall am able to hear them fly over.  Cool especially at night.  They seem to honk more then.  

[pedantic bird person] They're Canada geese, not Canadian geese.[/pedantic bird person]  But I agree, that was a lovely piece.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Browncoat said:

There was.  There was a piece on Mt. Airy, NC as Mayberry and one on James Brolin.  I'm blanking on the other pieces, though.

Anderson Cooper was featured. And I liked their segment on the coaches who help actors achieve certain dialects.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bookish Jen said:

Anderson Cooper was featured. And I liked their segment on the coaches who help actors achieve certain dialects.

I liked the dialect coach piece, too.  Oh, and there was the one about the high school in Colorado and their crappy football field.  I liked that one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I liked the dialect coach piece, too.  Oh, and there was the one about the high school in Colorado and their crappy football field.  I liked that one.

It was a good show overall. Really liked the dialect coach piece and Anderson Cooper's piece was more interesting than I thought it would be. 

The football field piece was good, but I was distracted the whole time wondering where the school building was. I understand it might not be right behind the school but there wasn't a building in sight even in the drone shots! Do they have no locker room, where do they and their fans go to the bathroom? Maybe some of that extra money can take care of that as well as some bleachers.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Tried to record this morning's show, but it was pre-empted by football.  Is it just Canada, or is everyone else missing the show today?

3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Everyone's missing today. There was some NFL game in England, I think?  And for time zone reasons, CBS Sunday Morning was pre-empted.

Good to know, my DVR didn't pick it up.

• Love 1

Does anyone know how I can find the lineup for guests this Sunday?  I read somewhere that a certain actor named Hallie Berry is supposed to be a guest.  Ms. Berry has made some bizarre and false statements about Type I diabetes in the past. We are trying to alert CBS, so they can do a disclaimer or something to alert the public that her contentions of being cured of Type I diabetes are bogus. It’s a shame that she has no concern that her ignorance and disregard for accurate medical information could harm patients and hurt their cause.  She needs to be challenged on this, if she persist with her contentions.  I would hope CBS wouldn’t let her get away with it, but there is so much ignorance about Type I.   It’s unfortunate.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Thank goodness Berry didn’t put out misinformation about diabetes last week. Instead, she sang praises to repeated head trauma.  🙄

Ref. Today’s show: I do wonder how CBS got the idea to do an entire episode about food.   One or two segments about food or beverage seems enough, to me.  An entire episode is really not a good idea. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

What I love about The Food Issue is the stories are so much more than food stories.  Sure, every story is nominally about food, but the country music guy story is really about second chances.  The Puglia pasta and Yemeni coffee stories were about different cultures.  The plant-based story is actually about climate change.  The automat story was 100% pure nostalgia.

Gosh, I love this show!

• Love 10
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thank goodness Berry didn’t put out misinformation about diabetes last week. Instead, she sang praises to repeated head trauma.  🙄

Ref. Today’s show: I do wonder how CBS got the idea to do an entire episode about food.   One or two segments about food or beverage seems enough, to me.  An entire episode is really not a good idea. 

They do a food issue every year around this time, just like they do a money issue every year.  I think there are other themed issues, too, but those are the ones that stick out to me.

• Love 3

I liked the story about Walker Hayes, but that’s because it wasn’t really about food.  I still think 2 segments about food  would suffice.  Did they show his wife?  I think that’s his daughter that was in the video with him. Love, love that song.  I dance to it every weekend!  Lol. I may even try Applebee’s again.  I’ve only been a couple of times years ago.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Yesterday's show was good, as usual. Liked the Maggie Gyllenhaal interview. She is a unique actor (and they showed a clip from one of my all time favorite movies, "Stranger Than Fiction"!) and now I'm interested in seeing the movie she's directed. Her thoughts on how she became a director were inspiring.

Good story on the people from Santa Claus, IN. We need more like them.

And next week they showed a clip from one of my favorite bands, For King and Country. Looking forward to that.

• Love 2

I'm watching this morning's show now, and this "Hail and Farewell" segment is killing me.  They always do such a nice job, I think, given the time constraints.  And at least they acknowledge that they can't include everyone.

• Love 4
On 1/30/2022 at 9:29 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Man……Buc….ee’s convenience store food preparation was horrendous!  All that breathing, shouting and drooling over the food with no mask…..no way!  The bathrooms looked clean though.  

Omigosh!  I was salivating!  It looked delish!  Come to Jersey Buc--ee's!  (Weird spelling!)

On 2/20/2022 at 7:33 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Yaaaay…Tears For Fears reunification story!  I love stores like this. I also loved their music back in the day.  I’ll definitely check out their new album.  And, they are touring again!  

They were huge when I was in college. Got reacquainted with them early on in the pandemic because of this video:

Was really nice to see they’ve mended fences and I enjoyed hearing “Change” again, always liked that song.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, jenh526 said:

They were huge when I was in college. Got reacquainted with them early on in the pandemic because of this video:

Was really nice to see they’ve mended fences and I enjoyed hearing “Change” again, always liked that song.

I really enjoyed that!  I saw it’s his daughter.   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

Good episode this morning, particularly the segment about The Grey restaurant (CBS linked a recipe on one of the featured dishes here). Was really not a Ryan Reynolds fan but his interview was charming. He and Blake have also just offered to match (up to $1,000,000) donations for Ukraine assistance.

• Love 3
On 2/27/2022 at 12:46 PM, TakomaSnark said:

Good episode this morning, particularly the segment about The Grey restaurant (CBS linked a recipe on one of the featured dishes here). Was really not a Ryan Reynolds fan but his interview was charming. He and Blake have also just offered to match (up to $1,000,000) donations for Ukraine assistance.

I quite enjoyed the segment on the King Cakes book. Although I've never really thought King Cakes looked appealing, I was drawn in by the diversity and history of them.

I am a Ryan Reynolds fan and was happy to see his interview. His comments about his lifelong struggle with anxiety seemed genuine and it is always refreshing to realize that "celebrities" often have the same fears and worries and conditions that the "rest of us" have. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I'm so pissed, my Xfinity DVR failed to record today!  Is it available to stream somewhere?

You can watch it here or via the CBS News App if you have Roku/Apple TV/SmartTV, etc. (or other devices of your choice, of course).

Good episode today, but any episode with Dolly Parton is bound to be a good one!

• Love 2