Type keyword(s) to search

Blake and Jasmin: Beverly Hills 9-0-2-1-O-No

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Elsa could stay at home and do like Amazon mturk in her pj's all day and bring in a couple of hundred each month. 

What is this?

Never mind:  Found this:

"A research paper published in December that analyzed 3.8 million tasks on Mechanical Turk, performed by 2,676 workers, found that those workers earned a median hourly wage of about $2 an hour. Only 4 percent of workers earned more than $7.25 an hour."

And I highly doubt Blake's parents would let them live with them, married or not.  I wouldn't!  You wanna be grown up and married?  Get a job and your own place!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Elsa's sister could come and live with them and they could be the fitness twins on IG or something.  I think her sister actually has a job.  Heck, Elsa could stay at home and do like Amazon mturk in her pj's all day and bring in a couple of hundred each month.  In Atlanta or outside Atlanta , that would go far.  In LA, she could pay for her tea with that.

A "job" doing social media can actually be quite profitable, but you have to have a TON of followers and you have to have an area that you are really good at to focus on- fashion, home decor, baby stuff, travel, etc.. and you have to have a blog and maybe a youtube channel to monitize to bring in money.  Some bloggers make a LOT of money every month but it's not doing nothing.  They do work at it. And they share a lot of their personal life and lives of their children.

Jasmin has posts on her instagram that are ads (I think at least some tanning products?) from before the show, which is what I think she means. How much you get paid for an advert like that depends on your follower count, which obviously has increased since she's been on the show, but I doubt she'd still be raking in the money.

• Love 2

Yeah, it sounds like she wants an influencer status .  Sponsorships can be a few thousand an ad or just a few hundred or even just free products for a like a year.  Finding ad placements , marketing yourself, and getting good product sponsorship that pays something good is work.  Ads don't just come to you.  Companies may seek out IG bloggers, but more often than not you have to apply to work with them.  Some bloggers take whatever they can get, but it gets annoying to like a blogger having them shill crap all the time.  Which is why she needs an angle- fitness, fashion, etc.... something else that is worth tuning in for .  Just ads all the time with nothing else is a way to lose followers.  To make a living or bring in significant money from ads and blogging is work; at the very least you have to market yourself as more than just an ad girl.  The world of the influencer is fascinating. That said, I think the social media influencer /blogger has peaked or is about to and it's all downhill.   But, I don't think any reality show personality has had much success in becoming what they dream of.  Luke from MAFS had a somewhat successful side business and hoped the show would make it explode, but he was so unlikable and awful that people just hate followed him.  Ledia and Ashley from 90 days thought they could break out in product endorsements/get rich quick but people hate them so that's a negative.  Ledia still gets pitiful little companies to send her ugly clothes and purses but she doesn't get a dime off that stuff.  The only way I could see Elsa being successful at IG would be if she did like fitness tips or healthy eating recipes (original content from her mixed with an ad or two)  OR she poked fun at herself being a nordic ice queen trapped in LA and played up  swedish decor (all white room) being a cold emotionalless person with ice for blood, etc.....  Otherwise I don't think she has much of a personality to connect with people to be other than a hate follow.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Yeah, it sounds like she wants an influencer status .  Sponsorships can be a few thousand an ad or just a few hundred or even just free products for a like a year.  Finding ad placements , marketing yourself, and getting good product sponsorship that pays something good is work.  Ads don't just come to you.  Companies may seek out IG bloggers, but more often than not you have to apply to work with them.  Some bloggers take whatever they can get, but it gets annoying to like a blogger having them shill crap all the time.  Which is why she needs an angle- fitness, fashion, etc.... something else that is worth tuning in for .  Just ads all the time with nothing else is a way to lose followers.  To make a living or bring in significant money from ads and blogging is work; at the very least you have to market yourself as more than just an ad girl.  The world of the influencer is fascinating. That said, I think the social media influencer /blogger has peaked or is about to and it's all downhill.   But, I don't think any reality show personality has had much success in becoming what they dream of.  Luke from MAFS had a somewhat successful side business and hoped the show would make it explode, but he was so unlikable and awful that people just hate followed him.  Ledia and Ashley from 90 days thought they could break out in product endorsements/get rich quick but people hate them so that's a negative.  Ledia still gets pitiful little companies to send her ugly clothes and purses but she doesn't get a dime off that stuff.  The only way I could see Elsa being successful at IG would be if she did like fitness tips or healthy eating recipes (original content from her mixed with an ad or two)  OR she poked fun at herself being a nordic ice queen trapped in LA and played up  swedish decor (all white room) being a cold emotionalless person with ice for blood, etc.....  Otherwise I don't think she has much of a personality to connect with people to be other than a hate follow.

Exactly.  The people who get these things seem to be the bigger "personalities" on the show.  Larissa, anfisa, Nicole, Dani, probably Angela.  

Jasmine has no personality.  Maybe there is a company that sells personalities and they can give her a sponsorship.  

But she doesn't inspire a fan base. Love them or hate then, the stronger personalities do inspire fan bases. 

• Love 8

Anfisa probably does well with her body building stuff, but no one else from the franchise is anything I consider a successful influencer. Nicole and Darcy and the rest all hawked the same diarrhea weight loss tea but that was about it. Anfisa made a name for herself outside of 90 days and has a YouTube channel also.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 2
On 1/28/2020 at 10:06 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

She is also coming from a country where social services abound, at no charge, as they pay hefty taxes. Paying for health care, etc may be a shock for her but then again if she has zero plans to work she may not care about any of that.

Is all that Botox and filler included in their health care ?

In the universal healthcare battle, many don’t realize just how much of your salary goes to pay for all the “free” services. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, iwasish said:

Is all that Botox and filler included in their health care ?

In the universal healthcare battle, many don’t realize just how much of your salary goes to pay for all the “free” services. 

You don't actually pay that much more tax in Finland, and certainly you're better off there if you have to pay for example for child care, health care etc in the US (I recently read a comparison between Finland and San Fran- 300€ per month for childcare vs. Around 2000€). So whatever you "win" in paying less tax you lose on having to pay a lot more for things. But Finland also comparatively has less high earners so there's potential to make more on the US for certain people. None of this matters to Jasmin though because she's planning on staying at home (i.e. she wouldn't need childcare if they had kids) plus she's expecting Blake to pay for everything 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Blake responded to the Soapdirt article about his first marriage to a foreigner and called them out on their absolute wrong information, which is typical for Soapdirt.

I think some of this statement is missing, but don't see it on his IG page. It may be on Twitter

So, it looks like it is in comments to that IG post. He says he played baseball in college.

No, maybe it's on the next IG post; I'm not going to bother searching to figure it out. If it takes more than two clicks, it's not worth it.

Two slides:

Most of this couple's story has been made up from whole cloth. Blake didn't live with his parents and hadn't for years. He is an owner of that music production company but has two other jobs, too. One is a ride-share driver a few days a week but the other had to do with music, like renting out concert venues or scheduling the bands for a certain music venue. I just searched for it because I don't remember the specifics but don't see it now. 

That little "club" where they played is apparently a place any band can rent and then they sell tickets to recoup the price. Sharp payed the fee and they staffed the club with friends and family for filming purposes and to keep to riffraff down. You pay for the club and then for the liquor separately, and the thing I was reading was that they didn't have alcohol that night because SE wouldn't pay those fees. I think his job was doing something like renting those spaces for bands that are not just their clients and it's decent commission money. I just don't remember for sure, other than he, like all the others on this show, have real jobs in addition to what is shown.

I seriously doubt he has much money but he's not on the verge of bankruptcy. either. He sponsored Jasmin without a cosponsor but his required earnings wouldn't have been much for just the two people, so that doesn't mean anything. Steven was able to sponsor Olga without assistance because of his 90DF earnings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 1/21/2020 at 5:45 AM, Christina said:

On a lighter note for these couples, Jasmin has been caught using spices and smiling. Blake is obnoxious.

I guess she’s out of the spice cabinet now.

• LOL 2
On 1/30/2020 at 10:42 PM, Christina said:

Blake responded to the Soapdirt article about his first marriage to a foreigner and called them out on their absolute wrong information, which is typical for Soapdirt.

I think some of this statement is missing, but don't see it on his IG page. It may be on Twitter

So, it looks like it is in comments to that IG post. He says he played baseball in college.

No, maybe it's on the next IG post; I'm not going to bother searching to figure it out. If it takes more than two clicks, it's not worth it.

Two slides:

Most of this couple's story has been made up from whole cloth. Blake didn't live with his parents and hadn't for years. He is an owner of that music production company but has two other jobs, too. One is a ride-share driver a few days a week but the other had to do with music, like renting out concert venues or scheduling the bands for a certain music venue. I just searched for it because I don't remember the specifics but don't see it now. 

That little "club" where they played is apparently a place any band can rent and then they sell tickets to recoup the price. Sharp payed the fee and they staffed the club with friends and family for filming purposes and to keep to riffraff down. You pay for the club and then for the liquor separately, and the thing I was reading was that they didn't have alcohol that night because SE wouldn't pay those fees. I think his job was doing something like renting those spaces for bands that are not just their clients and it's decent commission money. I just don't remember for sure, other than he, like all the others on this show, have real jobs in addition to what is shown.

I seriously doubt he has much money but he's not on the verge of bankruptcy. either. He sponsored Jasmin without a cosponsor but his required earnings wouldn't have been much for just the two people, so that doesn't mean anything. Steven was able to sponsor Olga without assistance because of his 90DF earnings.

LOL, just underscores the fact that sharp had to put in so much effort to come up with anything for Blake and Jasmine because they are just so boring.  

I have no desire to see them on any soon off. Just.....go....away.....

• Love 2

Jasmin answered some questions on IG, and after this account posted it, Blake (Hollowbrooks) gets into an argument with people in the comments.

lauren_m_johnson - @jasminaniel I want to know who pays for all your surgery

hollowbrooks - we want to know, why does it matter?? 🤦🏿‍♂️

mawaplawa445 - exactly🤣 support your woman Blake l love you 2 together, young, positive, haters can hate!!!!!!

lauren_m_johnson - @hollowbrooks it just does!! She was just talking about how she doesn’t want to get a job and that shit is expensive! I know believe me

hollowbrooks - don’t worry about how we pay for shit, just enjoy the show and know that I got it like that and be happy that u woke up today, damn. What does spreading negativity do for u? Nothing. Lol 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🌬

lauren_m_johnson - how is this negative?! I just said I do this shit too hahahha

hollowbrooks - anting to know who pays for it does NOTHING FOR YOUUUUU Thooooooo so yea, case closed. ✌🏿

lauren_m_johnson - very true! I hope you 2 have a wonderful marriage ❤️

tijaaaanaaaa - @jasminaniel what’s behind it????

yoshibaby7 - @lauren_m_johnson why does it matter to you??? Are you paying for it?? No? Didn't think so! So, NOT your business!!

teknegirl - @lauren_m_johnson wow they said ask questions and when you do, you get your hair blown back. Hmmm. Someone is a bit sensitive wouldn’t you say? I thought it was a fair question.

jessica_paige_415 - 😂😂😂 She hasn’t had plastic surgery but she has a full face of fillers.. so

and it goes on and on and on

10 hours ago, Gobi said:

Could someone please translate those comments into English?

To paraphrase the gobbledygook - 

Jasmin says, "I've never had plastic surgery."

The collective internet says, "Bullshit! You had a nose job and your face is full of filters fillers!" Typo but it fits, too.

Jasmin replies, "Fillers are not plastic surgery! Are not, are not, are not!!!"

Collective internet says, "Keep telling yourself that but you sound stupid."

Someone asked how a woman who has no intention of working can afford the expensive, 'non-plastic surgery' cosmetic procedures and Blake responds, "Mind your own business!" 

Collective internet replies, "Don't post Ask Me Anything and then get pissed at the questions, jerkoffs."

I could support Blake with his "mind your own business" response if they hadn't went on this show and posted an AMA. 

Edited by Christina
Typo
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Christina said:

To paraphrase the gobbledygook - 

Jasmin says, "I've never had plastic surgery."

The collective internet says, "Bullshit! You had a nose job and your face is full of filters fillers!" Typo but it fits, too.

Jasmin replies, "Fillers are not plastic surgery! Are not, are not, are not!!!"

Collective internet says, "Keep telling yourself that but you sound stupid."

Someone asked how a woman who has no intention of working can afford the expensive, 'non-plastic surgery' cosmetic procedures and Blake responds, "Mind your own business!" 

Collective internet replies, "Don't post Ask Me Anything and then get pissed at the questions, jerkoffs."

I could support Blake with his "mind your own business" response if they hadn't went on this show and posted an AMA. 

Exactly.  He whined and complained when they weren't on the show and no one was interested.  And he whined and complains when people ask them questions about the ONLY thing that is interesting about them.  

The type of person he is annoys me, he only wants the benefits of being on a trashy reality show but not the drawbacks.  

And all these people who somehow labor under the ridiculous idea that they are going to be well represented on reality TV.  Reality TV lives off horrible, trashy people.  Do a five minute Google search.

But, participants decide that the drawbacks of being judged are worth the benefit of exposure.  

And just LOL that Jasmine has never had plastic surgery and has no problem with people drinking.  

And if Blake paid for that plastic surgery he doesn't "have it like that" because Jasmine looks awful.  

• Love 6

There is a whole philosophy that fillers and botox aren't plastic surgery...because they don't go under the knife.  BS.  Girl, you know we count that shit as plastic surgery these days!  Just admit you fucked up your face!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 2/4/2020 at 8:49 AM, OnceSane said:

There is a whole philosophy that fillers and botox aren't plastic surgery...because they don't go under the knife.  BS.  Girl, you know we count that shit as plastic surgery these days!  Just admit you fucked up your face!

She could not look more plastic, more wax-like.   If this is supposed to be "better" than traditional knife surgery, I don't see it.

• Love 3
On 2/5/2020 at 1:49 AM, OnceSane said:

On instagram Blake said Jasmin has had no plastic surgery, because there is no PLASTIC involved. I don't think he knows what plastic surgery means 😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 2/6/2020 at 12:25 AM, Takitaki said:

On instagram Blake said Jasmin has had no plastic surgery, because there is no PLASTIC involved. I don't think he knows what plastic surgery means 😂

How did this level of stupid fall so far from his Smart Mama tree?!?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Her parents seem like cold Finnish people, but at least minus the fillers and lack of work ethic. I would think they might be embarrassed by her behavior if they saw the entire season, but maybe they're just glad to marry her off to someone. Her mother's comments about all the differences they would face...I couldn't tell if it was concern that she was marrying a black man or what because the mention of 'european culture' sounded odd to me because Finland is sort of it's own thing and I'd consider it 'scandinavian culture' which isn't the same as French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, etc. So that was a WTF comment to me...anyone else?

ETA: Mama Blake needs to toss those two out on their own and sell that apartment because they need a dose of bill paying reality!

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Her parents seem like cold Finnish people, but at least minus the fillers and lack of work ethic. I would think they might be embarrassed by her behavior if they saw the entire season, but maybe they're just glad to marry her off to someone. Her mother's comments about all the differences they would face...I couldn't tell if it was concern that she was marrying a black man or what because the mention of 'european culture' sounded odd to me because Finland is sort of it's own thing and I'd consider it 'scandinavian culture' which isn't the same as French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, etc. So that was a WTF comment to me...anyone else?

ETA: Mama Blake needs to toss those two out on their own and sell that apartment because they need a dose of bill paying reality!

I’m pretty sure Finnish people see themselves as European as do those from what is referred to as Scandinavia. Finland has a much different language from the three Scandinavian countries and has different ethnic origins.  The language is close to Estonian and is also in the same language group as Hungarian.  

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

I'm going to put the kindest interpretation on the comment and assume the "differences" are that Blake and kind of an attention seeking s*** and Jasmine has a robot personality and doesn't want to ever go out.  

On 2/10/2020 at 8:01 PM, RealReality said:

I'm going to put the kindest interpretation on the comment and assume the "differences" are that Blake and kind of an attention seeking s*** and Jasmine has a robot personality and doesn't want to ever go out.  

Not to mention, Blake is said to work three jobs, and Jasmin is not work oriented(!)

if I were Blake's Mom at that pre wedding lunch, I would have had it out right then and there.

• Love 4

Blake's bitching about Sharp. He said they purchased a bunch of follow accounts then moved them after his season, and won't let him do interviews. It's not at all a surprise to me and I find it a bit off that he is weirded out by it. It took place on his Stories and I don't know how to link directly to them.

The "Little Birdie" was a friend of his that works at Instagram. He does comment to someone that he isn't upset about the people who only followed during the season and then moved on, but by the fact that fake followers were created to follow them during the season. 

On 12/6/2020 at 11:24 PM, ALittleShelfish said:

So..he wants to get out of a contract for a show that everyone has already forgotten he was on? TLC probably already forgot about him too.

28 minutes ago, Christina said:

Blake sure showed them!!

Blake probably didn't read his contract where he surrendered all rights to Discovery's unlimited use of his film, story, etc. for eternity.  But, his investment was good, since he's probably not going to be invited to any Discovery+ gigs, no matter how much they have to dilute the franchise to create exclusive content.

• Love 2