Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Magic Ashton

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

20 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Can someone please explain what a “penis ravine” is? I have never heard that before.

19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

970D0C33-9CC6-4F7D-96F6-0F4B74547C58.jpeg

9 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Thanks biak! Who says that these boards are not educational?!

8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I feel it needs to be said I didn’t add the error I just googled work safe cum gutters (same idea) and that appeared!

6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I put on safe search and googled “cum gutters” and that appeared. I didn’t add the arrow and while Kate’s specific  terminology might be “new” the concept isn’t. 

I felt like such a weirdo watching this episode. "Penis ravine?" "Cum gutters?" I thought everybody called that an "Adonis Belt" or "Apollo's Belt."

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I thought everybody called that an "Adonis Belt" or "Apollo's Belt."

I apparently live under a rock since I've never heard any of these-- but it looks like (in my 20 seconds of googling) an "Adonis Belt" is much more talked about in relation to body building than, well, sex. I mean, I know it's the same muscle but....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jsage said:

She said something about none of the other deck hands having "red-headed skin."

and there is this invented thing called "sunscreen." I'm married to a very fair person (I can handle a fair bit of sun). He just plasters himself-- I'm more likely to get burned than he is, because I'm more laissez faire. 

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 5

I'm pretty sure Abbi's text proposal was scripted...by her and her now-husband. They're just another couple trying to use reality TV to get attention and make a living. Unfortunately for Abbi, she has to actually work in this version of reality TV. Oops. Shoulda thought that through.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

lame proposal.

and when she was talking to the guy after the proposal, she was so "what the hell, yeah let's get married" like it was some sort of big joke. Shouldn't you be just a bit in the clouds, at least until the ceremony?

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Unfortunately Abbi had already turned the viewing audience against her and nobody cared about the lame proposal.

Especially since it included a blase discussion of their future divorce.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 11/6/2019 at 10:39 AM, Thisgirllovespasta said:

And the fact that you have to just grin and take it because you are hoping for a big tip and they paid a ton of money to be on that yacht.

I found this episode a tad unbelievable because I think of how many deckhands have been reprimanded for cozying up too close to a guest, yet the boatswain is encouraged to stripper grind?

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I found this episode a tad unbelievable because I think of how many deckhands have been reprimanded for cozying up too close to a guest, yet the boatswain is encouraged to stripper grind?

It's actually completely believable because this is the same show where Bruno had to strip off his clothes to be a sushi platter and Emile had to take off his shirt and feed chocolate covered strawberries to the RHoA ladies.

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/season-5/episode-3/videos/the-guests-enjoy-some-naked-sushi-on-belowdeck

• Love 5

But would it happen on charters which aren't being filmed for TV?

Would yacht owners pay or encourage their crew to perform like that for guests?

I know most of the time they anchor pretty close to shore but these yachts may be registered and owned by people who are not citizens of the country where they operate the charters.

So would the local laws apply to conduct aboard these ships?  You hear about things which could be crimes occurring on large cruise ships, including people going missing or being killed.  It seems like it wouldn't be easy for local authorities to board and investigate ships which was just making a port of call before proceeding somewhere else, which might be another country.

So if something bad occurs on a yacht charter, maybe an owner would prefer to fire the person responsible than call the authorities and have his vessel delayed or stuck in port while they investigate.

Say a rich guest sexually harasses or assaults a crew member.  Does the owner have the captain and the crew turn the suspect over to some local authorities?  Or maybe the owner tries to convince the victim that it wasn't bad or bribes him or her.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It's actually completely believable because this is the same show where Bruno had...

Thank you! I forgot all about Bruno (and Josiah's gold underwear}. I guess I suppose I find it personally uncomfortable and was hoping it's just for the show...

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, scrb said:

I know most of the time they anchor pretty close to shore but these yachts may be registered and owned by people who are not citizens of the country where they operate the charters.

So would the local laws apply to conduct aboard these ships?  You hear about things which could be crimes occurring on large cruise ships, including people going missing or being killed.  It seems like it wouldn't be easy for local authorities to board and investigate ships which was just making a port of call before proceeding somewhere else, which might be another country.

So if something bad occurs on a yacht charter, maybe an owner would prefer to fire the person responsible than call the authorities and have his vessel delayed or stuck in port while they investigate.

Say a rich guest sexually harasses or assaults a crew member.  Does the owner have the captain and the crew turn the suspect over to some local authorities?  Or maybe the owner tries to convince the victim that it wasn't bad or bribes him or her.

I think there's an issue of what's supposed to happen and what actually does happen.

https://www.superyachtnews.com/crew/sexual-assault-yachting-says-metoo

http://www.dockwalk.com/Essentials/HotTopics.aspx?id=189091

• Love 2
13 hours ago, scrb said:

Isn't it all about the tips at the end of the charter?