Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Lands/Roles

• Start Topic

Some info on Jen's new directing project, Fabled.

And check out the description:

Fabled: A modern fairytale anthology series, executive produced by Zosia Mamet and Evan Jonigkeit, pays homage to the classic fairytale, filtered through the lens of heightened alternative realities. Upending the traditional fairytale structure that has long been infused with patriarchal gender norms.

She's totally gonna one-up A&E!

Edited by Souris
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Souris said:

Some info on Jen's new directing project, Fabled.

And check out the description:

Fabled: A modern fairytale anthology series, executive produced by Zosia Mamet and Evan Jonigkeit, pays homage to the classic fairytale, filtered through the lens of heightened alternative realities. Upending the traditional fairytale structure that has long been infused with patriarchal gender norms.

She's totally gonna one-up A&E!

I wonder if she has Colin lined up for a role as soon as he is free....and some directors act in eps they direct..like Gillian Anderson and Jonathan Frakes...we could alternate reality CS after all , just in a different guise..oooo. Take that, A&E!!!

Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 5

That sounds like a limited TV series. Unlike feature films, television is a producer's medium. Directors are the hired help whose job it is to get the producer's vision onto film. They only have limited creative input as it relates to the day-to-day work of filming. Casting is not in their purview.  Morrison is not listed as one of the executive producers.

Refinery29 is a small-time entertainment media outlet aimed at young women. Think CW demographic. It is no competition for ABC and OUAT. Colin is under contract. He wouldn't be allowed to film for another show while OUAT is also in production.

Edited by orza

Kristin Bauer von Straten was in the Robert the Doll episode of "Lore" on Amazon Prime. Just watched it tonight -- hella creepy! We heard the tale of Robert the Doll when we went on a ghost tour in Key West.

2 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

Something else that is a big no for me is Josh Dallas' new pilot. It sounds like something I've seen a thousand times.

It's going to be odd for him to play opposite someone not his wife. haha He's probably hoping he won't end up background scenery in the Show. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

What exactly is the CAA?

It's one of the high-powered Hollywood agencies. If someone's signed with them, that can mean they have more of an inside track to the good roles because those agents have strong relationships and big-name clients, so casting people may go to them first, or the agents may have more of an open door to casting people to promote their clients.

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, Rumsy4 said:

It's going to be odd for him to play opposite someone not his wife. haha He's probably hoping he won't end up background scenery in the Show. 

Imagine how excited he was to get the script and see he has more then two lines in each script. "Look at these lines Ginnifer! I get to speak more in five minutes then an entire season of ONCE. How was your audition?"  "Well for starts I'm awaken in the scene." Ginnifer answers.  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

That's going to be a nice change of pace for her after what, ten years or so of heavy drama between LOST and OUAT?

Not that her role in OUAT would ever be considered heavy drama. She seemed to be in a sitcom all along.

• Love 2
(edited)

Neither of these sitcoms are shows I would normally watch.  Maybe I'll give them a try because of the actors, but they both seem rather uninteresting.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I'm surprised she and Josh are going back to work so soon.  If there had been a Season 8 of "Once", does that mean they would both have come running back?

I doubt it.  I think had they been offered it, they wouldn't have returned.  Its a show that was creatively bankrupt by the end of last season.

I'm not so sure that they necessarily wanted to take a break from TV this year.  I would think as a series regular, filming a pilot would require cooperation from your showrunner/network even if they weren't going to keep you around and A&E seem petty that way and no one likely wanted to stir up news of Ginny/Josh /others getting pilot deals before the fate of the show was completely locked in for S7.

• Love 2

Josh and Ginny wanted to live in Los Angeles, so I don't think going back to Once was ever something they would have been interested in. I assume Ginny's new show would film in LA. Josh's new pilot is filming some scenes in NYC, but I assume the show's filming would be based in LA too. I can't imagine they'd take roles that would put them so far apart for months at a time should they get picked up.

(edited)

I imagine they were glad for the year’s break. They’ve been able to spend some quality time with each other and their kids before going back to work. It’s not like they can ever hope to work together in a show again. And having a break probably gave them opportunity to look around and the time to shoot pilots.

I’m not sure if Colin and Lana would be able to take a break from filming ONCE to go shoot a pilot for another show. They may be forced into a break, if they don’t land something soonish.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I was catching up on the show "The Resident" tonight and one of the doctors looked so familiar, but I couldn't place him. After checking out his IMDB profile, I realized he played Ryan, the guy who Emma went on the fake date with in the OUAT pilot. Too funny! Merrin Dungey (Ursula) also plays a sleazy hospital administrator on the show. The jury's still out on the show - I loved Matt Czuchry on The Good Wife, but not sure about him on this show.

2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Just saw Jessy Schram in a Hallmark movie. Man, there are a LOT Once Upon a Time actors on those films.

Christie Laing (Marian) is in a lot of them. She always seems to play the best friend/co-worker of one of the leads, but she's just as interesting as she was as Marian (where she seemed to be trying even if the writers weren't), so I wish she'd get the chance to play a lead. She'd be better than the blandness they usually have. "Granny" shows up a lot, too. She looks very, very different without the "old lady" white wig.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

Christie Laing (Marian) is in a lot of them. She always seems to play the best friend/co-worker of one of the leads, but she's just as interesting as she was as Marian (where she seemed to be trying even if the writers weren't), so I wish she'd get the chance to play a lead. She'd be better than the blandness they usually have. "Granny" shows up a lot, too. She looks very, very different without the "old lady" white wig.

I've also seen Red, Gaston, and August. There's probably a couple of others I'm forgetting.

Christopher Gauthier (Smee) and Lee Arenberg (Grumpy) show up a lot too. Anytime a show or movie is filmed in or near Vancouver, you can be pretty sure someone who was on Once will show up in some peripheral role.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I saw Raphael Sbarge (Archie) on Bates Motel, playing Marion Crane's boss. That was so odd. I also saw him as an ensign in a few episodes Star Trek: Voyager.

I'm pretty sure he was playing a psychiatrist on The Magicians -- that's another spot for Once actors. In fact, after seeing this season, I have to say that Once really wasted a good actress in not doing anything with Blue because she's been pretty amazing on The Magicians. Other Once actors who've shown up include Blackbeard and Baby Killian -- just off the top of my head. I'm sure there have been others in smaller roles.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I have to say that Once really wasted a good actress in not doing anything with Blue because she's been pretty amazing on The Magicians.

.  Plus Blue had potential to be an interesting character.  A magical creature who is not evil, but possibly not all good either, her actions affecting the lives of the mortals.

• Love 3

I've been watching the first season of "Masters of Sex" and I didn't even realize Rose McIver was in it until I saw her name on the credits accidentally.  I don't usually watch this type of show, and even though it's well made, I can't say I find it totally engaging.  I switched television providers recently and this one comes with a streaming service that includes old Showcase series, so I'm trying out some shows in the background while I'm doing other stuff.