Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Lands/Roles

• Start Topic

Okay, I watched The Dust Storm. The movie wasn't bad, but dayum, Colin is hoooot! Honestly, I didn't expect to find clean-shaven Colin attractive, but he has a chiseled jawline. Ahem... Nora was a hot mess, and I didn't really get the attraction she held for Brennan. There was a lot of pining, but it wasn't the same as the Hook-S3 pining. Colin made Brennan a believably different character. He is such a versatile actor--I hope he gets a variety of roles in the future.

• Love 3
Just now, Rumsy4 said:

Okay, I watched The Dust Storm. The movie wasn't bad, but dayum, Colin is hoooot! Honestly, I didn't expect to find clean-shaven Colin attractive, but he has a chiseled jawline. Ahem... Nora was a hot mess, and I didn't really get the attraction she held for Brennan. There was a lot of pining, but it wasn't the same as the Hook-S3 pining. Colin made Brennan a believably different character. He is such a versatile actor--I hope he gets a variety of roles in the future.

That awkward moment when Colin's character has the same name as Hook's dad...

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Colin made Brennan a believably different character. He is such a versatile actor--I hope he gets a variety of roles in the future.

Colin has the looks and the talent. I hope he has also a good agent so he can get some good parts in the future. 

• Love 2

I ran across a British miniseries from several years ago on PBS (actually, they showed it Halloween night, and I finally got around to watching it on my DVR) that starred the One, True Robin Hood (the first one, the one with a personality). It was called The Secret of Crickley Hall. He played a man whose young son had gone missing a year ago, and he took a temporary job to move his family away as the anniversary approached. They moved into this old manor that turned out to be haunted, and he and his wife tried to figure out the truth of what happened there (which was told in flashback scenes of events that happened during WWII when an orphanage was relocated there because of bombing). The rest of the cast was a who's who of Doctor Who guest actors. The wife was the human form of the TARDIS, and the oldest daughter was Maisie Williams. It's a good bet if you're looking for a really atmospheric ghost story with a hot guy in the lead. I guess his career has gone just fine without him continuing on as Robin Hood on this show. Lucky escape for him. He'd have been wasted with what was written for the character and is probably having a lot more fun and success (and screen time) playing Lucifer.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Maybe Offscreenville is where all the cheesy Christmas romance movies go?

Well, Granny, Marian, young Ursula, Ana, Nova, and Ashley have all shown up in Hallmark movies. I guess that's what they do while they're in Offscreenville.

• Love 1

Just saw an episode of Timeless with Sean and he was good in it. So I think we have to blame A&E for the failure of his character. I'd never seen him in anything else so didn't have anything to compare to until now.

I unfortunately felt the opposite and found him really bland in his guest spot on "Timeless".  I did like him a lot when he was younger, on a sitcom called "Off Centre".  He actually had really good comic timing, something which he was never allowed to display on "Once".

I thought Sean good in the one Wonderland episode I saw him in. I do think he had poor material to work with in ONCE, but nevertheless his facial contortions weren't attractive in the least. However, I think even seasoned actors would be hard put to make something of the Show's Robin.

• Love 1

Sadly, the show has really given me pause about Ginny Goodwin's acting abilities.  She used to be my favorite character, and I still want to like her, but it's practically impossible to.  I know most of the fault lies with the Writers, but still...

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Sadly, the show has really given me pause about Ginny Goodwin's acting abilities.  She used to be my favorite character, and I still want to like her, but it's practically impossible to.  I know most of the fault lies with the Writers, but still...

Sadly, I have to agree. She has her moments of brilliance (Dark Snow in the AU, her encouraging speech about love being worth it in the UW), but in general, Ginny seems to reinforce the idea of a dull and dowdy Mary Margaret. And the makeup/costuming doesn't help. 

• Love 1

Charles Mesure (Blackbeard) has a bigger role on The Magicians this season with his face actually showing, and wow, with a neatly trimmed beard instead of the bushy Blackbeard beard, he is an astonishingly handsome man.

Also, after seeing this week's episode, I think that

Spoiler

If they do that musical episode, Blackbeard absolutely has to be in it. He has a gorgeous Broadway-caliber lyric baritone voice.

• Love 1

I saw Carrie Pilby at the Toronto International Film Festival in Sept (also saw most of the main cast walk the red carpet and took a selfie with Jason Ritter - but alas, Colin wasn't there) It's a cute movie, and he looks absolutely smoking hot in it, but his character is super-sleazy. I thought he played the part pretty well, but his American accent needs some work.

• Love 1

Peter Gadiot, Cyrus from OUATIW, is now Mr. Mxysptlk on Supergirl.  Didn't see that kind of casting coming.

It's funny, though...he played as straight romantic hero as Cyrus, and now it looks like Mxysptlk is behaving like a crazy parody of one toward Kara.

5 hours ago, kitticup said:

Robbie Kay is on SleepyHollow.  It looks like a recurring role.

That show is dead to me, Robbie Kay or no...

they killed their main character! I mean really, they could have just had her lost then bring her back for the series finale, but no, let's kill her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

Mckenna Grace, Little Emma

She is really adorable. I've seen her doing quite a bit of press around her movie "Gifted" with Chris Evans and she is so precocious (in a good way ;)).

2 hours ago, Kktjones said:

She is really adorable.

She wore a cat ears headband and skipped to the pitcher's mound because she said she wanted to be the only person to pitch for the Rangers who skipped to the mound and had cat ears. I guess the Olympic gymnast who walked onto the field on her hands and did a walkover onto the mound raised the bar on throwing out the first pitch.

Get this Roland and Little Emma are in How to be A Latin Lover.  Raphael's character has a crush on grace 's character.  The kid is getting great reviews. The movie mixed reviews.  The casting team of OUAT are phenomenal.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, kitticup said:

The casting team of OUAT are phenomenal.

The writing has not always been up to par for the cast and guest cast, but over-all, they do a great job with casting the right people for the parts.  

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

Watched the trailer for the new Star Trek: Discovery series. I can't get over the fact Tamara is the captain. It just rubs me the wrong way. No offense to the actress.

Sonequa Martin-Green's character is the fist officer. The captain is played by Jason Isaacs. I'm pleased to see a woman of color as the main character. It's long overdue both on CBS and in the Star Trek universe.

Edited by orza
  • Love 2

Her role in The Walking Dead really helped me get over Tamara. I still find it funny that all three actors from the Neal/Tamara/Greg "triangle" (if we can even call it that) have appeared on TWD at various points. And now Neal's tv son is a Walking Dead alum. 

• Love 2

I rewatched He's Just Not That Into You yesterday and really enjoyed it. Ginnifer Goodwin's storyline was one of my favs in the movie, and it was kinda odd seeing her play Gigi, a bubblly young girl desperate for romance after seeing her for so long a Snow/MM. Her hairstyle wasn't great, but was better that the unflatteringly short hair she sports these days. In a way, Gigi was as much a romantic as Snow. lol 

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I rewatched He's Just Not That Into You yesterday and really enjoyed it. Ginnifer Goodwin's storyline was one of my favs in the movie, and it was kinda odd seeing her play Gigi, a bubblly young girl desperate for romance after seeing her for so long a Snow/MM. Her hairstyle wasn't great, but was better that the unflatteringly short hair she sports these days. In a way, Gigi was as much a romantic as Snow. lol 

Ginnifer has such a distinctive face and voice, it's hard to watch anything and not picture Snow/MM.

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)

From an interview in which Ginny talks about her play "Constellations", where she plays opposite Allen Leech (Downton Abbey).  I edited some parts out, but it's interesting how this happened during the filming of 6A.

Interviewer: So how did you both get involved in “Constellations”?

Goodwin: I was obsessing over a homesickness for theater. I have not done a professional show for 10 years....

And I realized... .... that I was completely out of touch with the contemporary theater scene. So I called the Drama Book Shop in New York and ordered boxes of plays and had them shipped up to Vancouver, Canada, where I was filming “Once Upon a Time,” so I could just pleasure-read plays and educate myself a bit.

And I fell very hard for “Constellations.” And then I happened to be reading the L.A. Times — while in Canada! — and saw the announcement that they were putting it up at the Geffen. I immediately, in the middle of the night, called my manager and was like, “How can I get in a room with the director, Giovanna Sardelli?” They found out when she was going to be in Los Angeles, and I happened to have the day off, and I flew here and acted like I just happened to be in L.A., because I didn’t want to seem desperate, but I was super desperate to play Marianne. And that was a long time ago! And they called me at Thanksgiving and offered me the role, and I screamed and cried, and there were a lot of expletives in front of my children.

And then I was sitting with Jennifer Morrison in a trailer on the set of “Once Upon a Time,” and we were talking about these truly incredible actors that I knew the Geffen was considering, and Jen said, “What about my friend Allen Leech, who has just moved to L.A.?” I freaked out equally over that idea, and you can pick it up from here …

Leech: So Jen was saying what people were going on to once they finished “Once Upon a Time,” and she said that Ginny was doing “Constellations.” I said, “I saw it in the West End, it’s unbelievable.” And she said, “Well actually they haven’t cast the lead guy, the costar.” I was, “What!” I already was a massive fan of Ginny’s work, so the opportunity to do a play with her, and the fact that it’s such an intense piece and you have to put a lot of trust in your costar …

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 5

So, the channel Pop has been showing ER reruns and recently did a making of ER special. I am watching it, and while they are talking about casting Noah Wyle is talking about his final audition as Carter and how he was up against none other then Rafael Sbarge, our very own Jiminy Cricket! Very funny to think of him as Carter, but I think he would have been good in the role. I could see him as a sensitive young doctor who cares about his patients.

Edited by MadyGirl1987

I watched a few clips with Andrew J. West from "Greek" as a hot guy all the sorority girls are falling for, and he is using many of the same mannerisms as his portrayal of Henry.  He seemed slightly more charismatic on that show, though, so that could be chalked up to the subpar writing on "Once" (not that "Greek" seemed like a high grade drama).