Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Lands/Roles

• Start Topic

I finally saw Zootopia. What a gorgeous film, fantastic message, and creative world. Ginny's voice acting was superb. I hope to hear her in more animated movies. It's nice to see social issues confronted gracefully for a change...

• Love 3

I saw Zootopia over Easter weekend with my niece and nephews.Ginny was great. I noticed Judy cried just like she does, so she must have inspired the animators. 

My 7-year old nephew loooved Flash the Sloth. During the ride home he and I reenacted the DMV scene with me doing Judy's voice. Over and over again.

They showed the DMV scene in the trailer before one of the times I saw Star Wars, and that's a reason I haven't yet seen the movie. It was cute to start with, but then it went on and on and was so frustrating because it was a case of "too true to be funny." I was squirming and thinking "make it stop, make it stop," and then he was such a jerk to interrupt the process.

So is the scene less irritating in context? Is the rest of the movie not really like that?

The DMV-scene trailer came on before a movie I saw in December, and the audience just HOWLED all the way through it. I have never seen such a reaction to a movie trailer before.

(edited)

I watched a few minutes of the Hallmark series, The Good Witch. Bailee Madison played the teenager daughter and she's pretty awesome. Unlike other actors her age, her acting doesn't feel rigid or forced. It's very fluid.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I just tried out half an hour of it.  She is a good actress, though she still kinda seemed like Snow in it.  She has that weird way of enunciation that Ginnifer Goodwin has.  Seeing the small town on that show made me wonder what it would be like if Storybrooke was more like a real town.

I watched Zootopia this weekend on Amazon Instant, and enjoyed it very much. Very much a movie for the times we live in, but not done in a heavy-handed manner. Ginny Goodwin's voice work is great! She brought great energy to her role, and totally unlike the Mary Margaret we've been saddled with in ONCE. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Just saw Elizabeth Lail and Elizabeth Mitchell in A&E's new show, Dead of Summer. I thought Lail did alright for what she was given. Mitchell pretty much played her usual kind of character, but didn't have much screen time. They're playing protagonist and (probably) antagonist, much like 4A on Once. They've both for distinct faces and portrayals that make it difficult to detach them from the different roles they play.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Bernard Curry has a recurring role on the latest season of the Australian series Wentworth, which is a drama set inside a women's prison. I recommend it less for him (he's fine, but not one of the stars) and more just because it's my favorite show right now. The first three (Bernard Curry-free) seasons are on Netflix.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did you guys know that Jen was in Stir of Echoes? I've seen it before, but I just watched it again and only now did I recognize her. She plays the teenager that dies and haunts Kevin Bacon's character. She was so young, and looks quite different with dark hair.

Edited by pezgirl7

"Timeless" seems like an interesting concept, and the type of sci-fi/fantasy show I would try.  Though in that article, it said Eric Kripke was the executive producer, and I hated "Revolution" so much... one of the crappiest shows I have ever watched, though I'm to blame for wasting my time and not quitting despite hating the show a few episodes in.  

Good on Sean Maguire for getting a good role, though it looks like he's the guest star for one episode.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

Congratulations to Elizabeth Lail in terrifying half the audience in last nights Dead of Summer. That twist really shocked me. I guess Adam and Eddy can come up with a twist while making everything makes sense still...just not on ONCE.

Ehhhhh...if you go back and rewatch some earlier scenes, the retcon doesn't entirely make sense. But yes, at least they took the effort to kind of plan out the twist much better than they do on OUAT. But that's not saying much considering it's only a limited 10-episode series.

10 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:
  Hide contents

I always knew Anna was a serial killer. How else would you explain that unnerving amount of perkiness? ;)

With A&E, you have to assume that

Spoiler

the nice person will be evil and the mean person will be good. I wasn't even shocked by the Amy reveal because A&E use this trick so often now. They think they're subverting tropes by making the nice girl psychotic, but what they're actually doing is creating their own unique A&E trope where their characters are always attempting to appear opposite of what they actually are, so in the end, they didn't subvert any tropes because we expected them to pull this kind of stunt.

Wow, that's a mouthful. 

• Love 2

Wow, that's a mouthful. 

I was actually making a joke about Elizabeth Lail's Anna on Once Upon a Time, haha.

Spoiler

I stopped watching DoS a while ago and only keep up with what's going on through recaps and boards. But I think this recent twist highlights the main problem with the show - the focus is on the characters and not the camp itself. The twist should have concerned the backstory and nature of the camp, unless there's another one coming. (Which I kind of doubt, since A&E probably couldn't stop giggling at the *amazingness* of the Amy one.) You've got this haunted camp full of history and supernatural events, yet the flashbacks and major moments mainly concern the sob stories of teenagers. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
11 minutes ago, Curio said:

Ha... Amy and Anna look way too similar.

I'm pretty sure Anna had crazy eyes at some points, and that's without the Shattered Sight spell.

With Merida it's just too obvious.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Anna had crazy eyes a couple of times. lol I don't know if I wouldn't intentionally freeze her if she were my sister and I was Elsa. She was really out there. Amy was just way to nice and I just assumed they'd do the typical nice girl who is the final girl like SCREAM has done with Emma over on MTV but Adam and Eduardo created the devil. If she were on OUAT we'd find out she was wronged by Regina so her heinous acts out weighs mass murdering rapist. lol

• Love 2

The kid who plays young Killian is in Westworld. I was amused by the fact that all his scenes were with Anthony Hopkins. That means that both actors who've played Killian Jones have worked opposite Anthony Hopkins in other roles.

• Love 3

Oliver Bell, the actor who plays wee Killian, is a minor character in HBO's Westworld (and his character has daddy issues there as well. lol). That kid is adorable. Westworld is pretty fascinating, if anyone is interested in checking it out.

• Love 1

Eric Keenleyside (Moe French/Sir Maurice) is a police captain in Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.  While watching DGHDA I kept thinking I'd seen him before but couldn't place him until now.  A very strange show, but I'm enjoying it.

2 hours ago, RedKeep said:

Lana Parrilla and Ken Jeong from ABC's Dr. Ken appear in a new commercial for Star Wars: Rogue One/Nissan Rogue. Ken shared the clip on his Twitter.

I thought that was her in it. I was halfway paying attention while watching the news, but I was working on the computer, so I didn't have my glasses on, and that meant the faces weren't entirely in focus. I couldn't tell if they were supposed to be in character or not -- was it just those actors who happened to be playing roles in a car commercial, or was it supposed to be Dr. Ken showing off his new car to Regina?

Because I have no life apparently, I just finished watching Warning Labels and The Dust Storm. I wasn't entirely impressed with the writing in either, but the acting lifted up the material. Also, OUAT...why the hell are you underutilizing Colin? He's been missing for practically all of Season 6, save for his one centric episode. The dude is literally romantic leading man material and you sideline him on a show about fairy tale romance with numerous Princess Bride shout outs? It's mind-boggling.

• Love 9

I heard that if you use a iTunes gift card to purchase the movie, you can get it in any country.

Here's Colin and his co-star singing Over and Over. I think it's the first proper recording we have of Colin singing, although he's not singing in his full voice. I'm not really a fan of Kristin's voice. It's too high-pitched for me.

https://soundcloud.com/user-147669940/over-and-over-demo-colin-odonoghue-and-kristin-gutoskie-the-dust-storm

Carrying a conversation topic from the Ratings thread, I wonder what the actors will do once OUAT ends. It's really hard to predict with TV actors. Ginny may likely do more animated movies for Disney. Jennifer Morrison has been trying her hand at directing, so she may attempt bigger projects. If she gets the chance to be in another TV show, she may take it, though it's hard to say if she'll get a lead role again. Colin has worked a lot of indie projects, and he may continue to do so. But I really hope his talent gets recognized and he gets some big budget roles. Lana, Josh, and Emilie haven't done anything outside of OUAT in the past several years, but that may be intentional. I can see Lana getting a role in an office or crime drama. She's unlikely to be as pampered as she is on OUAT, though (IMO). Robert Carlyle will likely get movie offers. Despite his talent, he has struggled in the past (that's why I never buy it when people say he wants off the Show every season). Some of them may get swallowed up in minor or recurring roles in dramas. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3