Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Lands/Roles

• Start Topic

Oh, season 1 rocks, but after that... Let's just say I've given up after s3 premiere and never looked back. But season 1 is awesome. You know, kinda like Once, although I think they've derailed it even worse than Adam and Eddie.

Lots of familiar Canadian faces in it, too.

Edited by FurryFury

JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Ariel) is in this summer's series The Astronauts' Wives Club. They were showing a promo for it on TV, and I had a moment of thinking I saw Amy Adams, decided that Amy Adams probably isn't going to be doing summer network TV and figured that had to mean it was her doppelganger, JoAnna Garcia. IMDB verified it. Since it's all probably already filmed, I suppose this doesn't preclude any future visits by Ariel in case Hook needs to be slapped around some more.

It sounds like something that will be shown at 2am on the Syfy Channel.

I think it's supposed to be a children's movie but yeah it doesn't sound that great. Also I figure if it was a good movie it'd have bigger names attached to it.

I think it's supposed to be a children's movie but yeah it doesn't sound that great. Also I figure if it was a good movie it'd have bigger names attached to it.

Jen seems to be having a good time at least. She's been doing quite a few off the wall indie movies lately though. She posted a pic on IG with one of the cast members. The comments were full of squees like its Emma and Isaac!! Apparently he was on Teen Wolf a couple seasons. He (Daniel Sharman) and Liam McIntyre are super cute so there's that. Yeah, I'm easy sometimes.

If the imdb can be believed the film also stars John Cleese, Debra Messing, and Richard Kind. The cast is a bit more interesting than I originally thought.

It was probably mentioned back when it first aired, but I've just finished season 1 of Bates Motel (a pretty good show, by the way), and the Boob Fairy was Norman Bates' teacher who gets murdered in the finale. 

Being a fan of Marc Maron's WTF Podcast, I have started watching the IFC series "Maron" (and I might have a little thing for Marc Maron, but anyway), and I spotted Patrick Fischler ( Isaac the Author) playing a sleazy radio programming exec. Dude plays sleazy radio/tv guys well.

Is the Bates Motel good? I think the first 2 seasons are on Netflix, but I saw that shady blue was in it.

Saw the trailer for Zootopia. I'm already loving Jason Bateman as the fox. Too bad we don't get to hear Ginny. I suppose we'll probably have to wait for trailer #2.

Yea, the cinematography is really nice, as is the coloring. Makes me wonder how Colin's The Dust Storm turned out. Probably not that great, since I don't think it was accepted by any of the film fests they sent it in to.

And has anyone heard about his doing a project during this hiatus? I'm kind of frustrated for him -- he's proven to be a great talent on Once. I feel like he should be working on something good during the hiatus. I guess the fact that you have to shoehorn a project into a small amount of time can be a big factor for things like this.

But geez, could you imagine if after this, Robert directed another movie and brought Colin along for the ride? Oh this needs to happen!

• Love 1

Someone on Tumblr who is a friend of one of Colin's friend (or so she says), said that it was Colin's choice not to do anything during the hiatus because he was tired and needed some rest. I don't know if it's true but that's what she says thatColin said to his friend.

• Love 1

Nope.  She's playing his mother.  Which shows that she really is one hell of an actress!

That's just crazy! She's only two years older than Robert. But she is awesome.

Someone on Tumblr who is a friend of one of Colin's friend (or so she says), said that it was Colin's choice not to do anything during the hiatus because he was tired and needed some rest. I don't know if it's true but that's what she says thatColin said to his friend.

I don't know why Colin would be tired. He was barely in 4B!

Maybe he meant he's tired of getting shafted by the writers...

He's a passable actor with the dodgiest accent on TV playing the lead characters love interest. I'd hardly call that getting shafted.

I am rewatching LOST right now. It's odd, but I can hardly believe that Claire and Belle are played by the same actress! Emilie de Ravin displayed a much wider acting range in LOST. Of course I haven't yet reached the "my baybee" part yet...

Incidentally, Charlie's brother's name is Liam.

(edited)

I don't know why Colin would be tired. He was barely in 4B!

I don't know, for me, not doing anything is way more tiring than working in something I love. But yeah, it was probably just an excuse. It sounds better to say that you need some time off that to say that you don't have any decent offer.

Edited by RadioGirl27

In interviews, it sounds like Colin gets very homesick during shooting. Now that he's made friends on the cast and has brought his wife and son over he may be better than he was in season two when he talked about using his homesickness to create Hook's sense of devastating loneliness in being utterly alone in the world, but it still sounds like he misses his home and his parents and his friends back home. So if he's making enough money to live on from his main job, I can see not wanting to spend the hiatus elsewhere.

• Love 3
(edited)

So if he's making enough money to live on from his main job, I can see not wanting to spend the hiatus elsewhere.

Right? If I made enough money to have a three-months-long vacation with my family in Ireland during the summer, I'd sure as hell take that opportunity, too.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3

I am rewatching LOST right now. It's odd, but I can hardly believe that Claire and Belle are played by the same actress! Emilie de Ravin displayed a much wider acting range in LOST. Of course I haven't yet reached the "my baybee" part yet...

She was much more natural as Claire... she felt like a real person.  Belle... not so much.

• Love 1

She was much more natural as Claire... she felt like a real person.  Belle... not so much.

Yeah. Also, I think the blonde look suits her better than brown/black hair. 

If any of y'all have Comcast, they're doing a free preview of Cinemax (and HBO but Cinemax is the important one for the purposes of this post), which has Colin's move The Rite available for viewing. I'm watching it right this very moment. :)

• Love 5

He looks unkempt. Not sure why fans on tumblr are freaking out about it. I guess that explains why he was clean shaven for most of the film, to differentiate his current self from the flashbacks.

• Love 3

I don't know how I feel about that photo... I am disconcerted. Send help.

Why did they have to make his hair look so greasy? it kind of looks like someone dumped beer on his head. The beard is ok, but I'm glad Colin keeps his trimmed. I think the trailer is coming out in two weeks. It better feature him singing!

• Love 1

I'm glad he will be getting what seems to be a meaty role.  I thought the use of him in 4B as an exposition fairy to replace his blue mentor was underwhelming.  I thought maybe they would fill in the blanks about how he came to know Emma was in Storybrooke.  Was the answer the Apprentice told him?  Anyway, for me, it was a disappointing use of a returning character.  Oh well, I'm sure it was still more rewarding to play than Aurora being put to sleep.

So I keep seeing that trailer for the movie "Vacation" with Ed Helms and Christina Applegate and I keep seeing the young actor playing their son and I could've sworn I've seen in him in something and I couldn't really put my finger on it until last night.

It's the Lost Boy from the Neverland  arc who was slashed in the face by Henry and then got his heart taken for his troubles.