Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast in Other Lands/Roles

• Start Topic

Finally, after 6-7 years of doing something completely different, Ginny will actually get to act in a story about becoming the parent of someone who was in the foster system.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Camera One said:

Finally, after 6-7 years of doing something completely different, Ginny will actually get to act in a story about becoming the parent of someone who was in the foster system.  

But she’s still adopting Regina, so it’s kind of the same.

• Love 3
On 9/11/2018 at 9:05 PM, Souris said:

From what I hear, it’s REALLY disturbing.

I'm just astounded that someone is FINALLY addressing the old and really horrific (and inaccurate) trope that those 90s romantic comedies perpetuated of the guy eventually winning the love of the object of his affection by continually pursuing her even after she's repeatedly told him she's not interested until she finally "comes to her senses" and realizes that she's really been in love with the schmuck all this time but couldn't/wouldn't admit it even to herself for whatever reason.

• Love 2

Is anyone planning to watch Manifest with Josh Dallas tonight? The reviews seem to be pretty "meh" and to be honest, I doubt I'd even give it a second look if it didn't have a cast member I like in it. I may record and give it a shot, but I'd kind of prefer to only bother getting into shows that I'm enthusiastic about.

1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

Is anyone planning to watch Manifest with Josh Dallas tonight? The reviews seem to be pretty "meh" and to be honest, I doubt I'd even give it a second look if it didn't have a cast member I like in it. I may record and give it a shot, but I'd kind of prefer to only bother getting into shows that I'm enthusiastic about.

Yes, I plan to watch.  It might be interesting to see a show where he gets to have extended dialogue.  Though from the trailer, the character seems like a modern version of Prince Charming.  

This seems like the type of show which people will lose interest in and/or the showrunners will keep making new stuff up to keep things "mysterious".  The whole concept feels a little tired.

• Love 1

There seemed to be a quasi-never-done Charming/Emma moment in the pilot.  

I was reading some cast interviews with Josh Dallas.  I did find this comment amusing: 

“Once Upon A Time just went places I never expected,” says the actor. “Even though there are elements of science fiction here, Manifest is pretty grounded.

• Love 5

Poor Charming. Forever being separated from his daughters and missing years of her life through supernatural means. 

I thought the show was pretty good. It has potential to be really good, or to be really stupid, so I am hoping for more on the good side. Josh is doing quite good so far. He really sells being a good, noble person just trying to do his best. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I thought the show was pretty good. It has potential to be really good, or to be really stupi

I agree with this.  I thought it had potential and was decent.  It had some of the clumsiness that pilots often have when having to set up a complicated premise. 

It made me think, for as much as Once's writing was criticized later on, they did a really good job with having a very watchable pilot.  A lot of stuff to introduce with curses, dual personalities, their version of Snow White/Evil Queen,  and they did it pretty smoothly.

Edited by CCTC
  • Love 4

Josh's show got picked up for three more episodes.   It is doing pretty well in ratings, so am guessing the 16 episode season is more due to they figured 22 would be too much filler for the concept and/or they have a show such as Black List that they already have penciled in for the second half of the year.  It is probably not the best show, but I am enjoying and I think the 16 episode decision is a wise one.  Season 1 of OUAT probably could have benefited having 2 to 6 fewer episodes and avoided some of the mid-season drag.  

Kind of funny the one actor who was probably ignored the most is the first  one to wind up as a regular in another series and in a more prominent role.  Of course it helped he had the time to job hunt and audition for pilots because he was not in season 7.   That is probably some consolation for missing out on those great season 7 scripts.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/manifest-lands-full-season-order-at-nbc-1148914

• Love 3

Agreed.  The show is a bit shaky and its writing is no better than average, so I'm surprised it's doing as well as it is.  

I don't think I would have watched if not for Josh Dallas.  I think Prince Charming was still a better character, so it still stings a little to see him have so many more character moments, and actual scenes with his daughter on this show, and then remember how much how they wasted the actor on "Once".  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm glad his show is doing good. I've been curious about it but not enough to watch. I just can't do anymore of the "mysterious" shows. Been burned way to many times. 

I feel you.  That's why I would not have watched it if not for Josh Dallas.  Although "Manifest" isn't bad, I actually have very little confidence in the actual "mysterious" element of the show.  The worldbuilding and intrigue and potential pales in comparison to Season 1 of "Lost" and "Once Upon a Time".  

• Love 2

Michael James Raymond ( Neal) is doing a show called Tell me a Story which tells a modern twist on The Three  Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and Hansel and Gretel.  I'm intrigued if for no other reason than the compare and contrast possibilities.  But I don't think I'm intrigued enough to get CBS All Access.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Michael James Raymond ( Neal) is doing a show called Tell me a Story which tells a modern twist on The Three  Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, and Hansel and Gretel.  I'm intrigued if for no other reason than the compare and contrast possibilities.  But I don't think I'm intrigued enough to get CBS All Access.

Jacinda is also in it, if you're looking for another reason to watch, LOL.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

But I don't think I'm intrigued enough to get CBS All Access.

The trend of all the networks and studios having their own streaming service with a separate subscription is kind of a bummer.  I miss the days when most things were found on Netflix or Hulu. 

I wonder if some of these services are going to lose money, because people are not going to get the extra subscription, where they could have gotten a decent deal with Netflix and had more people exposed to the show.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Souris said:

Colin is filming SOMETHING in Georgia with Willa Fitzgerald (of Scream & Little Women). It's possibly an anthology show for Netflix, since this guy indicated he's working on a western for that and Colin just followed him.

After looking at what Netflix anthologies are filming in Georgia, my guess is the Dolly Parton series, but that's just a guess.

I saw this same guess on tumblr, so might be the thing he’s doing. Not sure why all the secrecy though.

31 minutes ago, daxx said:

I saw this same guess on tumblr, so might be the thing he’s doing. Not sure why all the secrecy though.

I don't understand the secrecy either. It's not like it's Avengers 4 or something. 

• Love 1
On 10/26/2018 at 11:16 AM, Souris said:
On 10/26/2018 at 10:43 AM, daxx said:

I don't understand the secrecy either. It's not like it's Avengers 4 or something. 

I noticed they have announced the cast for one of the Dolly Parton series eps each of the last two weeks (including this week's announcement about Ginny). It could be that they want to dole out these announcements one at a time to keep people talking about the series until it's released in early 2019. Just a thought, but maybe they don't want him announcing that he's appearing in one of the eps and have that ruin the planned PR. That's only a guess though :).

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 2

Colin's IMDB page has been updated with the Dolly Parton series and what looks like a small-budget movie filming in Ireland. I’m thinking the latter, Fairytale of New York, is likely based on the song of the same name by The Pogues. In which case, dare we hope it involves Colin singing??

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, daxx said:

They might just have him lip sync to the original songs if it’s about the band.

I hope not. Actors sometimes sing in biopics (assuming they can, of course!). I know Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon actually sang in Walk the Line, but it was mostly actually Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody. The Pogues' singer's voice is pretty distinctive, though.

Although the character names are the names of the singers, I wonder if they're just using them as an homage for the characters in the song.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

I watched one of the original Charmed episodes where the Evil Queen made fairy tales come to life. Since Rose McGowan played Young!Cora, I thought it was funny when she turned into Snow White. She ate the poisoned apple and died. Sadly, she had no Prince Charming and the dwarfs were not impressed. Also amusing was the part where the Evil Queen imprisoned some poor guy in the mirror. 

• Love 2
On 12/2/2018 at 10:48 PM, Souris said:

Colin's IMDB page has been updated with the Dolly Parton series and what looks like a small-budget movie filming in Ireland. I’m thinking the latter, Fairytale of New York, is likely based on the song of the same name by The Pogues. In which case, dare we hope it involves Colin singing??

I read on tumblr this (Dolly Parton anthology) will release fall 2019 but not sure where it was sourced from. Makes sense since Netflix releases the whole season at once.

Just watched "Isn't It Romantic". Tom Ellis had a small role as the attractive doctor. It was a fun fish-out-of-water parody with Rebel Wilson being stuck in a romantic comedy. It made me wish we saw more of Emma in ridiculous scenarios, as in the time travel adventure, learning about herself and others. OUAT could never really strike the balance between "Disney fantasy" and realism. Even Enchanted, as goofy as it was, had a better innate knowledge of the source material and executed it in a way that was both self-aware and self-accepting. I don't think A&E ever understood the point to fairy tales, much less their relation or contrast to real life.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Camera One said:

There are a number of Pixar films I haven't watched and "WALL-E" is one of them. 

I just watched it over the last two days.  I have heard so many good things about it.  I definitely think it was very creative and unique.  It was pretty amazing they did an entire movie with very little dialogue.  Having said that, I wasn't fully engaged for parts of it and was a little bored, so I can't say I would watch it again, though it was a well-made movie. 

Hide contents

Everyone said they cry during the movie so I expected WALL-E to "die" permanently.  I was glad he didn't, though.  That's why I'm so spoiler-phobic... my mind latches on to whatever I've heard and it affects my viewing.

I appreciated that there wasn't a major twist ending.

I think if "Once" had gone on to a few more seasons, they could have done a half-season in or related to outer space with all the movies in that genre.  I'm trying to think if anything on the show was inspired by "WALL-E".  Maybe the Sapling of True Love, LOL.   I guess "WALL-E" was a Savior.  

I didn't really like it either. I watched it. Some parts were good but I never really was hooked or engaged. Yes, it was well made but it was boring. Wreck it Ralph I was immediately hooked the arcade, the different games, I liked Ralph immediately, and the bad guy support group. Frozen I was surprised I liked it so much. Everyone said it was a great movie and loved it. It was a big hit. But so many of those I watch and end up not liking or thinking it was just okay like Wall-E. But I really liked it. My only disappointment was they really didn't need a villain for the movie.  

I was watching "Gotham" and for the last few episodes, there has been a shadowy voice, a female evil mastermind operating behind the scenes.

She finally shows her face, and it's The Black Fairy.  I don't know if I've ever laughed more.  I don't think I can take that actress seriously anymore.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1