Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
TheView

"The View": Week of 11/04/2019

Recommended Posts

I have a feeling Gabbard--or even McCain, who seems intent on propping her up (no surprise there)--demanded Sunny wasn't there to counter her because they didn't explain why Sunny was out. Still, I thought Joy did a pretty good job going after her, pointing out how toxic and divisive her response was, the fact that Gabbard isn't any different from Hillary as far as believing the early lies that started the Iraq War, and calling her out for ascribing words that were never said about her on The View to the ladies as well as for attacking another woman herself when she tried to act like a victim of some kind of misogyny. I'm glad Whoopi went back to Hillary's original quote to show she didn't even name Gabbard and was talking about Stein with the last remark.

At least McCain found another evil gal to have slumber parties with. Love at first sight.

6 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

Joy should have said “it’s your job to be a trigger “

That whole discussion felt like they could've been talking about McCain herself. A dancer that can't dance, a talkshow co-host who doesn't know how to talk or have a discussion. Being unqualified for and incompetent at your job is something to be proud of now?

I laughed at her blatant fear over the Kentucky results early in the show. When Abby started to say McConnell should be nervous, McCain jumped in and diverted the topic away from her very quickly. Hopefully Sunny brings it up again tomorrow, lol.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Not having either Sunny or Ana today to ask intelligent, reasonable questions was a huge disappointment.

Not having Sunny or Ana tonorrow would be a huge mistake.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Perhaps this is why MeAgain went so easy on Tulsi today.  Read the comments, no one is letting her forget how she has attacked her before, and they are posting her old tweets.

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, bannana said:

Perhaps this is why MeAgain went so easy on Tulsi today.  Read the comments, no one is letting her forget how she has attacked her before, and they are posting her old tweets.

Well, we've already established that Meghan is two-faced so this isn't surprising.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, bannana said:

What was MeAgain talking about she said Amy McGrath is running a terrible campaign?  I cannot find anything anywhere that backs this up.

You are doubting the greatest pundint that ever punded? 😳

Tulsi knows exactly what people are saying about her and what they mean. This pearl clutching over Hillary’s and Joy’s observations is disingenuous. It’s the only reason anyone is paying attention to her. 

1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I have a feeling Gabbard--or even McCain, who seems intent on propping her up (no surprise there)--demanded Sunny wasn't there to counter her because they didn't explain why Sunny was out

Sunny was on a college visit with Gabriel. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

You are doubting the greatest pundint that ever punded?

Tulsi knows exactly what people are saying about her and what they mean. This pearl clutching over Hillary’s and Joy’s observations are disingenuous. It’s the only reason anyone is paying attention to her. 

Sunny was on a college visit with Gabriel. 

It is no secret I cannot stand Tulsi.  It has been from long before she was a presidential candidate.  This is a very superficial comment and I have felt it from the moment I 1st saw her.  There is SOMETHING in her eyes that tells me not to trust her.  I have seen it in others and I was right with them.  Not even sure I know exactly what it is but the eyes are the window to the soul and well, I am not seeing something that I trust.  Not sure I can explain it any further than that but there it is.  That is my nutty comment of the day!

  • Like 15
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sunny was on a college visit with Gabriel. 

Thanks, I see Tammee's post now, too. 

Still, what a shame. One of the worst days for her to be out... I thought Joy did good, but Sunny has a way of really nailing somebody. Must come from her court experience. I hope she finds a way of talking about it tomorrow, since Gabbard was mischaracterizing what she said as well.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

So I saw on social media that she referred to herself as a "person of color"? Is that true? If so, that's interesting to me because I've never heard her refer to herself as such... 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Tulsi to Joy:

“Let me start with how offensive it is to say that I’m a witting or unwitting asset of a foreign country, working against the interests of my country, a country that I am willing to lay my life down for. So if you are saying it’s not deliberately, then you are implying that I am too stupid and too naive and lack the intelligence to know what I am doing. And that is extremely offensive to me and to every woman of color.” 

How is Joy implying that Tulsi is an unwitting Russian asset offensive to every woman of color? It's personal to Tulsi not "every woman of color."

  • Like 20
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Tulsi to Joy:

“Let me start with how offensive it is to say that I’m a witting or unwitting asset of a foreign country, working against the interests of my country, a country that I am willing to lay my life down for. So if you are saying it’s not deliberately, then you are implying that I am too stupid and too naive and lack the intelligence to know what I am doing. And that is extremely offensive to me and to every woman of color.” 

How is Joy implying that Tulsi is an unwitting Russian asset offensive to every woman of color? It's personal to Tulsi not "every woman of color."

It's a dog whistle to milk sympathy. 

  • Like 22
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

13 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

So I saw on social media that she referred to herself as a "person of color"? Is that true? If so, that's interesting to me because I've never heard her refer to herself as such... 

Yes, she is getting dragged on Twitter for that. She is Samoan American btw, but I am not sure people know that. 

4 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

How is Joy implying that Tulsi is an unwitting Russian asset offensive to every woman of color? It's personal to Tulsi not "every woman of color."

Totally agree, and I believe it threw Joy.  Tulsi came prepared to take on Joy for her remarks and she was throwing it all out there:  a veteran, a woman, a woman of colour.  

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, bannana said:

Totally agree, and I believe it threw Joy.  Tulsi came prepared to take on Joy for her remarks and she was throwing it all out there:  a veteran, a woman, a woman of colour.  

Hmmm. This is already sounding like she used the term when it was convenient for her and her argument because, again, I've never heard her refer to herself as such...

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

This article provides some of the dialogue verbatim.  It was really planned.  Whoopi started with some incoherent nonsense about the telescope.  I happen to know what she is talking about but nobody else did.  Then Whoopi tried to explain it.  Tulsi basically says it is an ongoing thing, meaning the protest against it.  Everyone agreed it should not be on sacred land.  

Then Tulsi kind of took over and speechified with Joy trying to clarify her points.  But she was kind of stumbly.  She did get a few good points in but Tulsi was on a role, on the offensive while playing the victimized.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/tulsi-gabbard-joy-behar-meghan-mccain-the-view-useful-idiot-1202779446/

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know why blAbby (great name by the way!) was even at the table with Jane Fonda. She brought *nothing* to the discussion.

Too bad Sunny wasn't there today - I thought it was either a day off - or she was working on her new show.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

First of all, don't bring up being a woman of colour when it suits your attempts at dodging criticism. The criticisms against Gabbard had nothing to do with her being a woman or a person of colour (which is a far different experience when you are white-passing by the way). Defend your intellectualism, that's fair enough...but all the other comments was so cheap and sickening to listen to her bring up. As a person of colour, don't cheapen my experiences in this world as though someone's criticism of you and your campaign platform is some kind of affront to me and my very existence. As far as I'm concerned, Gabbard can take her cult-ish leader speak far away and never come back. She came prepared, I'll give her that, but she came prepared to be a victim. I read the transcript and heard the full answer from HC.  The question was about Republican strategy and in response, Clinton said they (Republicans) were grooming a third party candidate (Gabbard). And then she made reference to the Russian interest in Gabbard given the rise of bots and fake sites in support of her. She said that Jill Stein was a Russian asset (pretty sure an asset not in the sense that she's on the phone with Russia conspiring against the United States, but a Russian asset in the sense that they have special interest in her for a reason (as they do with Gabbard). Clinton's spokesperson did in a roundabout way confirm that it was Gabbard that HC was referencing, BUT Gabbard is continuing to push a false narrative that HC is saying she is being groomed by the Russians even though there has since been corrections to clarify this.

This has nothing to do with calling into question her patriotism. When I read the actual transcript and heard the podcast, I wondered if so many people can be so obtuse...can people not keep up with conversation and simultaneously have consideration of context? Is this not what we learn in grade school when we read stories and have to write summaries on them? I find it alarming that anyone would consider Gabbard a real candidate for President when her comprehension skills are so clearly lacking which is a good basis to suggest that maybe she isn't as smart as she thinks she is. And I say all of this as someone who can't stand HC. It's unfortunate, because I agree on her general sentiment with respect to war. When you topple other governments, you give rise the chaos and instability. 

Pretty sure Meghan's turnabout on Gabbard is because Gabbard has said she won't take her guns.

Joy is often flippant with her remarks and she was called to task today. I don't mind that she doubled down but she didn't do it all that well. I get that her issue with Tucker Carlson is that she feels that Gabbard is giving someone a platform they don't deserve and it's a matter of principle for Joy and even the likes of Warren but that's a personal decision. Nothing wrong with understanding that you have to promote yourself to many different demographics and going on popular Fox shows is just part of playing the game.

I wish Sunny would have been there today as I do think she would have a done a better job at not only clarifying the comments, but also pushing back on Gabbard's insistence that HC's camp confirmed it was her that HC claimed was being groomed by Russian as a Russian asset.

  • Like 16
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

...And now Whoopie is mining Tulsi for freebies.  Poor Whoopie needs lower taxes so she can afford to take her family on vacation.  Whoopie, I'm not sure your family does much of anything.  They're always on vacation.

Whoopi is paid millions plus expenses to sit there and she's acting like this. I see it from Wendy Williams, too; this fake, I'm working class act. This notion that they're of limited means is really insincere and off-putting.

  • Like 20
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

In many ways, I think The View would be better off if they limited their political talk to just talking about the newsy political items, of which there are plenty.  They should stop trying to be political analysts cause they are just not good at it, and they are ill-informed.  And inarticulate (I am looking at you Whoopi and MeAgain.)  The show has become so tedious to watch, because they are repeating themselves, quoting their blue cards, and generally making very little sense.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

First of all, don't bring up being a woman of colour when it suits your attempts at dodging criticism. The criticisms against Gabbard had nothing to do with her being a woman or a person of colour (which is a far different experience when you are white-passing by the way). Defend your intellectualism, that's fair enough...but all the other comments was so cheap and sickening to listen to her bring up. As a person of colour, don't cheapen my experiences in this world as though someone's criticism of you and your campaign platform is some kind of affront to me and my very existence. As far as I'm concerned, Gabbard can take her cult-ish leader speak far away and never come back. She came prepared, I'll give her that, but she came prepared to be a victim. I read the transcript and heard the full answer from HC.  The question was about Republican strategy and in response, Clinton said they (Republicans) were grooming a third party candidate (Gabbard). And then she made reference to the Russian interest in Gabbard given the rise of bots and fake sites in support of her. She said that Jill Stein was a Russian asset (pretty sure an asset not in the sense that she's on the phone with Russia conspiring against the United States, but a Russian asset in the sense that they have special interest in her for a reason (as they do with Gabbard). Clinton's spokesperson did in a roundabout way confirm that it was Gabbard that HC was referencing, BUT Gabbard is continuing to push a false narrative that HC is saying she is being groomed by the Russians even though there has since been corrections to clarify this.

This has nothing to do with calling into question her patriotism. When I read the actual transcript and heard the podcast, I wondered if so many people can be so obtuse...can people not keep up with conversation and simultaneously have consideration of context? Is this not what we learn in grade school when we read stories and have to write summaries on them? I find it alarming that anyone would consider Gabbard a real candidate for President when her comprehension skills are so clearly lacking which is a good basis to suggest that maybe she isn't as smart as she thinks she is. And I say all of this as someone who can't stand HC. It's unfortunate, because I agree on her general sentiment with respect to war. When you topple other governments, you give rise the chaos and instability. 

Pretty sure Meghan's turnabout on Gabbard is because Gabbard has said she won't take her guns.

Joy is often flippant with her remarks and she was called to task today. I don't mind that she doubled down but she didn't do it all that well. I get that her issue with Tucker Carlson is that she feels that Gabbard is giving someone a platform they don't deserve and it's a matter of principle for Joy and even the likes of Warren but that's a personal decision. Nothing wrong with understanding that you have to promote yourself to many different demographics and going on popular Fox shows is just part of playing the game.

I wish Sunny would have been there today as I do think she would have a done a better job at not only clarifying the comments, but also pushing back on Gabbard's insistence that HC's camp confirmed it was her that HC claimed was being groomed by Russian as a Russian asset.

Also a woman of color here!

"Don't cheapen my experiences in this world as though someone's criticism of you and your campaign platform is some kind of affront to me and my very existence."

You nailed it! 

giphy.gif

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

How dare you question Meghan. She is a political expert you know. Been doing it her whole life.

Could we add a vomit icon button ?

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

15 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Most “Badass” women I know don’t call themselves that. Same with “highly intelligent “, and “beautiful “.

This. Tulsi sure does think highly of herself.  

  • Like 14
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Could we add a vomit icon button ?

🤮

Does that work??  🙂 

ETA:  Just realized that you want a "vomit" icon along with the sad, surprised, laughing and useful icons.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

There was a Variety event today with MM receiving some sort of honor (for not being military) and Gabbard was there. No wonder she was so restrained today.

But - vets can do no wrong.....right?

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

There was a Variety event today with MM receiving some sort of honor (for not being military) and Gabbard was there. No wonder she was so restrained today.

But - vets can do no wrong.....right?

A lot of the replies are dragging all 3 of them.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thinking MM gets a kick out of talking to the audience even when she disagrees. Like her fakey appearance at the Variety Event today. Glad Norah McDonnell went no where near them.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Tammee said:

More important question: does she still sport that silver streak down the middle of her hair.?  Or is that grey?  White.?  Viewers want to know

It has moved further back on the left side of her head.  In one pic it is shorter than then rest of her hair, so it may be a clip-in.  She may also be self-identifying as an old woman.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Folks, take talk about Meghan that doesn't have to do with the episodes to her thread, please. And let's move on from McGrath and Gabbard, we're getting too far from the show and into general political discussion, which is not allowed here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So nice that Whoopi for once let Joy have the spotlight because, while Whoopi was there for a long time, only Joy has been there for all this time to say what it used to be like. Only two years she wasn't, but she did guest co-host regularly in the season of the Rosie's and Nicolle. Too bad Meredith couldn't be there, too, always love to see her.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

16 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan is not happy about something.

She hasn't really spoken at all today, has she?

Also, Abby is not letting Don Jr off the hook. 

  • Like 17
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oh my God. The audience and everyone... I don't think I've ever seen anything like this on The View before, ever, and they have had a many trainwrecks. Go Abby! This is why she's a better woman than Meghan McCain.

  • Like 16
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post

Aw. Donny looks to his girlfriend to help him out.

All of the hosts are doing a great job.  Except....

Meghan hasn't said a word.  I wonder why she didn't sit this one out?  She almost looks on the verge of tears.

Has the audience ever booed anyone like that?  

  • Like 19
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Man! This 1st segment is crazy!  Yay for Abby for going 1st & confronting DJT.  Meghan, for some reason, has not said a word, hmmm.  DJT & his GF are So annoying, he brought his own cheering section in the front row(rolling my eyes). 

  • Like 22
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Oh my God. The audience and everyone... I don't think I've ever seen anything like this on The View before, ever, and they have had a many trainwrecks. Go Abby! This is why she's a better woman than Meghan McCain.

tell me more....tell me more!!!  PLEASE!!!! 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Much of the time the only thing I could understand was Sunny yelling “That’s a lie”.

Meghan is on the verge of tears.

  • Like 14
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

In regard to Jr dogging Hunter Biden about using his name to get ahead, did The Daughters bring up to that their names (including Jr's) opened doors for them as well?  

  • Like 16
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

tell me more....tell me more!!!  PLEASE!!!! 

Abby went in on Don Jr and while it was amazing, there are some Trump fans in the audience and they booed her when she asked her questions and asked for clarification.

Edited by MeThinkMeNot
  • Like 14
  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, MeThinkMeNot said:

Abby went in on Don Jr and while it was amazing, there are some Trump fans in the audience and booed her when she asked her questions and asked for clarification.

they boo'd her?  Thats sum bullshit.  When I was there, the warmer upper guy gave us a bunch of rules and no booing was one of them.  If you boo'd you'd be removed.  

  • Like 11
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Go, Abby!

I know, right? Whodathunk?

It's  gratifying to see Abby's new backbone but there's too much crosstalk to understand as Junior attempts to Gish Gallop through all of the ladies' criticisms. 

They even attempted to mansplain grief, military and civility in response to Meghan's questions. It's a clusterfuck, but worth watching. 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Like 14
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Aethera

This thread is now unlocked, but further violations of our politics policy will result in warnings.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size