Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Ten Years

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, nexxie said:

But making her look bad for a plotline is not the same as exploring the real behaviors and reasons of a narcissist - still, I do hope they go there.

I hope they go there, too.  It would be a novel exploration, that's for sure, not often, if ever, seen on tv.  But, considering how they handled suicide and depression, I doubt the writers have the skill.  Still, Delilah is so well drawn as a narcissist, I have to believe they are doing it deliberately.  I just don't see how they land it, though.  Narcissists move on to new adoring fans once people discover who they are.  I don't see this group abandoning her.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:
  Reveal spoiler

Looks like they may possibly be heading for a paternity test with Charlie, based on the preview where Eddie asks D who is listed on the birth certificate as Charlie’s father.  This custody battle is going to get ugly and I am here for it.  

The car for Sophie thing.  Was I the only one who thought that was not a great choice of vehicle for a newly licensed 16 year old?  A 2 seat sports car?  What happened to a safe, sturdy and reliable choice?  Am I aging myself here (back when I got my license my parents chose a used “boat” as my first car).   Someone also already pointed out the restrictions most under 18 drivers are also held to.  

I don't have children, but all the people I know who do post on Facebook once theirs get their license: "Watch out, road!  Kid has his/her license now!"  But Delilah blithely sends Sophie out ASAP with her younger brother.

In addition to the mysterious location of the car all this time, wasn't Delilah facing financial problems not all that long ago?  She should have thought about selling the car if she was desperate.  It's not like Sophie would be disappointed about not getting her father's wish since she didn't know about it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, izabella said:

I hope they go there, too.  It would be a novel exploration, that's for sure, not often, if ever, seen on tv.  But, considering how they handled suicide and depression, I doubt the writers have the skill.  Still, Delilah is so well drawn as a narcissist, I have to believe they are doing it deliberately.  I just don't see how they land it, though.  Narcissists move on to new adoring fans once people discover who they are.  I don't see this group abandoning her.

Too bad their built-in therapist is such a dumbass - Maggie wouldn’t stand a chance against a true narcissist!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Who buys a car for their kid on the day they are born?  Seriously? 16 years is a long time for a car to just sit. Even if it is a two-seater Lexus. What a dopey story line.  She can drive her brother around as immediate family members are allowed with underage drivers in Massachusetts, but she shouldn't have been driving PJ around unless he's 21:

Teens holding a junior operator's license may not drive with any passengers under age 18 (other than an immediate family member) for the first 6 months unless accompanied by a licensed driver at least 21 years old. They may not drive between 12:30 a.m. and 5 a.m. unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.

The dog storyline was pretty dumb too. I really hope the fake Colin is a sweet dog, and not aggressive, but seriously, how does Nash not think that story is not insensitive and insulting to a broad section of the viewing population?  Anyone who has ever owned a dog would understand Gary's anguish, but also would have sympathy for the widow, and would be horrified by that story. 

The best part, as always, was watching Katherine kicking butt and taking names. Go Katherine! Get Delilah!  Li'l Delilah says "I'm not going to let you hurt my kids."  Baby, you've already done it.  Nobody hurt them but you.  

And how adorable was that li'l dress Katherine got Charlie?  🙂

Edited by cardigirl
  • Love 10

I could see PJ telling Sophie the truth so that she doesn’t feel rejected after that kiss - and then the two of them becoming a team of sleuths, who figure out the whole truth about the liars around them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
45 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

The dog storyline was pretty dumb too. I really hope the fake Colin is a sweet dog, and not aggressive, but seriously, how does Nash not think that story is not insensitive and insulting to a broad section of the viewing population?  Anyone who has ever owned a dog would understand Gary's anguish, but also would have sympathy for the widow, and would be horrified by that story. 

That story was so ridiculous.  For the same reason Gary wouldn't accept the other dog as a Colin/Wesley substitute, the lady would not be able to do so either.  WTF were Gary and Maggie thinking?  If it were that easy, Gary could have taken the shelter dog.  That's not how it works! 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, izabella said:

That story was so ridiculous.  For the same reason Gary wouldn't accept the other dog as a Colin/Wesley substitute, the lady would not be able to do so either.  WTF were Gary and Maggie thinking?  If it were that easy, Gary could have taken the shelter dog.  That's not how it works! 

Now I want Wesley to get loose again, find his way home (since Maggie had him in the car, he knows how to get there now), and Enid says "f*** you" and keeps 'em both.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11

The dog switch was weird. First, they essentially stole Colin/Wesley/the lady’s dog. Second, they stole the OTHER person’s dog from the pound. What about THAT owner?? Third, they just handed over a strange dog they know nothing about to an old lady just assuming he’s fine. Wrong on so many levels.

Delilah continues to be the absolute worst. “I’m not going to let you hurt my kids.” No, Delilah, YOU hurt your kids. These are the consequences of YOUR actions. You made your bed and now you have to sleep in it. And also, “What will this do to Sophie’s relationship with Eddie?” Well, it won’t be good, Delilah! How did you think it was going to affect their relationship when you had initially decided to run off with him before Jon died? I guess it’s only okay to ruin her kids’ lives when she’s the one calling the shots.

Edited by Chanandler Bong
  • Love 15

Deliah keeps saying the lies are for the sake of the children which is B.S.  She’s given no thought to how Charlie is going to grow up believing her father committed suicide before she was born when she has a living father right there wanting to be in her life.  Also Charlie and Theo deserve to know they are siblings.  Everything Deliah does is for herself.  

• Love 14
19 minutes ago, Eaglemama said:

Did anyone see the previews of next week that aired at the end of the show?  It had Gary saying "I can't believe we are going to another funeral."  What is that all about?

It's all about making us ask "ooh, who died, I must watch!"

I wondered if it was Delilah's dad or something (he's still alive, right?)...though he's elderly and has dementia so it shouldn't be some kind of shock to the group if/when he dies, so it's kind of an odd thing to say in that case. (My family had two funerals in the same year (May and December 2017) and we had a similar "I can't believe we're here again" sentiment on our minds at the second one (both were in their 50s and their deaths were entirely unexpected), and then a third in March 2018 where we didn't really think that because it was an elderly aunt who had been declining for a long time and on hospice for the last couple weeks, so we were expecting that one.)

Maybe Ashley ran into trouble in Barcelona. (Are we ever going to get any more info on Jon's shady business dealings or is that just done?) I can't see it being one of the main group.

• Love 1

A funeral. Another occasion for all these people to take a day or two off work. Regina has a start up restaurant. That business  is  the type you practically live at for months until the place is established and running smoothly. Never saw so many people who just blow off work to deal with other people’s problems. They don’t even fart unless the rest are gathered around to catch it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

A funeral.  Let's see, how can this death be made to be all about Delilah?  My guess is Andrew's wife dies, and everyone has to go to the funeral to support Delilah.  Added bonus, it frees Andrew to be with Delilah.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

It's all about making us ask "ooh, who died, I must watch!"

I wondered if it was Delilah's dad or something (he's still alive, right?)...though he's elderly and has dementia so it shouldn't be some kind of shock to the group if/when he dies, so it's kind of an odd thing to say in that case. (My family had two funerals in the same year (May and December 2017) and we had a similar "I can't believe we're here again" sentiment on our minds at the second one (both were in their 50s and their deaths were entirely unexpected), and then a third in March 2018 where we didn't really think that because it was an elderly aunt who had been declining for a long time and on hospice for the last couple weeks, so we were expecting that one.)

Maybe Ashley ran into trouble in Barcelona. (Are we ever going to get any more info on Jon's shady business dealings or is that just done?) I can't see it being one of the main group.

Yes, good point  These characters seem to have plenty of time to be involved in all types of tangential group events.  I saw something that Ashley hinted she will return but not this season.

• Love 1

Just when I thought I couldn’t hate Delilah more. Surprise! She’s even more of a self centered entitled bitch than I thought in Episode 1. Quite an accomplishment. No, bitch,it isn’t Katherine hurting your kids, you did that all by yourself when you were sneaking around, cheating on their dad and basically doing exactly what you want when you want it. To the poster that said she was gonna have no issue running off with Eddie hit the nail on the head, I guess that wasn’t going to hurt her kids at all. I guess because her husband killed him self everyone else is supposed to just do what she says at all times, hmmmmm, I’m starting to see why Jon jumped off that balcony. 

And yes, as a dog owner, I  appalled at what they did to Wesley/Colin and that poor old lady. Dogs aren’t t’shirts, they aren’t interchangeable blobs. Ugh. Except for Katherine and Rome I hate all these people. Can we just have a spin-off starring Wesley. 

• Love 7

I think the funeral isn't someone anyone is vested in but it will give Delilah some breathing room, no one will talk to her about Charley if her dad died or someone else's parent (or Andrew's wife) Why Gary and Kathryn and would go to see his wife would be a bit much but they don't work, shop or have any other appointments.

The dog still upsets me sitting with my older lab tonight and I was slightly surprised some younger fans on FB liked it. I suppose Nash gears the show to that demographic (he was losing older a little on ratings list) but if you had a heart, a brain and a dog you loved, it was a "jump the shark moment" If Nash ever wanted his "soap" to be taken seriously he lost it there. He can talk it up that suicide was talked about because of this show and all that, but it did such a bad job, I can't see it having too much in giving it a voice. Maybe later things with Rome will but scripts were horrible in the aftermath.

I think he gave up serious this season and just will have a night time soap.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 3

This thread is cracking me up!  Are most of you just hate watching the show at this point?  Almost everyone is talking about how stupid, unrealistic, and poorly written they think the show is.  Why keep watching if it's so awful?  This show isn't supposed to be realistic.  It reminds me of those night time soap operas in the 80s.  Pure entertainment, with characters we love to hate (I'm looking at you, Delilah), some that we root for, and a whole bunch of nonsensical plot lines and bad decisions.  I initially thought the show would have more depth and substance since the premise was based on the suicide of someone who appeared to have it all, but that notion quickly ended when in the very first episode we're informed that the wife was screwing his best friend and about to leave him.  Then came an avalanche of other secrets, so this show has always played out as a soap rather than something with depth since the first episode.  So now I just take it for what it is - a Thursday night soap that I unwind to after dealing with the craziness in my own life for the week.  No matter what crap is going on in my life, at least I can take solace in knowing that I didn't give birth to my dead spouse's best friend's baby.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, alexvillage said:

If I understand well, there was a dog abduction. This has to be a crime. Just now I was reading about a Orangutan who was given personhood rights to be able to live in a sanctuary. A pet is so much part of a family, and they do have feelings and memories. To m point, I chose to comment on this plot, which could be because the stories are usually so boring and pathetic, but maybe because of the type of emotions something like this evokes.

I wouldn't go so far to say it was an abduction. They didn't take anything away from this woman, they just didn't give back the dog that used to be hers, and tried to trick her. Pretty crappy, but it isn't like they took the dog from someone's yard.

10 hours ago, geauxaway said:

The car for Sophie thing.  Was I the only one who thought that was not a great choice of vehicle for a newly licensed 16 year old?  A 2 seat sports car?  What happened to a safe, sturdy and reliable choice?  Am I aging myself here (back when I got my license my parents chose a used “boat” as my first car).   Someone also already pointed out the restrictions most under 18 drivers are also held to.  

Also, was the car supposed to be really different from what she is used to driving? Twice she went forward when she was trying to go in reverse, like the car's gear shift was the opposite of what she was used to. At that age she should have someone with her the first time she is in a new car. 

Or maybe I am giving her too much credit and she is just a terrible driver.

11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I don't care if Sophie's getting her license and Danny's in the school play. She will ALWAYS have an excuse about why now isn't the right time to tell the kids the truth. Next it will be "Well, Sophie's taking the SATs," and then "Sophie's about to graduate from high school," and then "Sophie's about to get married," and then "Sophie's having her first baby." Delilah will continue to make excuses not to tell the kids.

It's kind of funny that her examples were a driver's license and being in a play. Those are both good things. I would have expected excuses about not telling them to refer to how they are struggling or something.

2 hours ago, Chanandler Bong said:

The dog switch was weird. First, they essentially stole Colin/Wesley/the lady’s dog. Second, they stole the OTHER person’s dog from the pound. What about THAT owner?? Third, they just handed over a strange dog they know nothing about to an old lady just assuming he’s fine. Wrong on so many levels.

The dog was in the pound for awhile. Can't anyone adopt a dog from the pound after a certain point? Maybe there is an owner, but chances are more likely the dog was just abandoned.

2 hours ago, Eaglemama said:

Did anyone see the previews of next week that aired at the end of the show?  It had Gary saying "I can't believe we are going to another funeral."  What is that all about?

It's probably someone from their cancer support group and totally a non-issue in terms of plot.

• Love 5

Can I just say how ridiculous it was to see THAT much damage to the metal post in front of Sophie's car? She was right there, and had barely increased speed when she hit the post. Yes, I could see her wrecking the front fender of the car, but to physically bend that metal post so that it was all crooked (like it was about to fall over), she would have had to be back much, much, much farther and slam into it really hard. Which she didn't. So I eyerolled when she had to call Delilah as if it were this catastrophic dangerous accident.

Yet another trumped-up reason for us to feel sorry for Delilah... Katherine's "so mean" plotting to ruin her family and hurt her kids, her friends are making her feel ganged up on, and now her daughter's been in a car accident!! And earlier in the ep, she couldn't even carry stuff - PJ had to do it for her. She must have a really hard life. Poor Delilah. Thank goodness she got home to have that heartwarming moment, hanging out in bed with her kids.

🙄

• Love 8
2 hours ago, izabella said:

A funeral.  Let's see, how can this death be made to be all about Delilah?  My guess is Andrew's wife dies, and everyone has to go to the funeral to support Delilah.  Added bonus, it frees Andrew to be with Delilah.

I would have thought of her instead of Delilah's dad...'cept I totally forgot all about her already...but you're probably right.

• Love 2

OK, now I'm pissed. I started watching this show because I was a Psych fan and love James Roday. And his character has been interesting. Not always the deepest thinker, but he plays that overgrown frat boy role well.  The other characters, well, they have their moments, too. And I kind of enjoy the sometimes silly plots or situations. BUT...the end of tonight's episode really bothered me on a lot of levels. My only hope is that this is not the end of the story line and that someone comes to their senses.

What the f kind of therapist is Maggie? I get that she's stressed from all the cancer scares and newly-discovered heart transplant guy, but that doesn't excuse her complete sociopathic approach to the dog situation. 

First of all, she would have had to fill out a million papers at the pound to adopt the dog, and wouldn't they have been just a little suspicious that she already had another 100 lb dog in her car?  Usually those organizations check out potential adoptions pretty carefully. She could not have gotten the dog that fast, I don't think. And she had no concern that putting a strange dog in her car with the other dog might not cause just a little stir? Dogs get territorial in cars. And-- given that it's a rescue dog whose temperament might not be fully known...yeah, let's just call that a good idea to ride down the road with your brand-new driver's license driving skills in a little car with 2 100-lb dogs. That works well.

Then, you assume that the lady is either too old or stupid to know it wasn't her dog.  So that's safe.  Let's leave a dog whose history we don't know, and weighs about 100 pounds with an older women who looks pretty frail.  How is she supposed to walk a dog like that? (My 70-year-old mother broke her hip walking her little Scottish Terrier.)  It was downright unthinking, uncaring, and, yes, sociopathic. What if later that evening the lady realizes it's not her dog?  Now she's got to call animal control or something like that because she doesn't even know where the dog came from. How cruel for both the lady and the dog. 

So here's why I'm pissed.  Why on earth did Gary go along with it?  That seems out of character.  Maggie has always been kind of neurotic and irrational throughout the show, but Gary hasn't. He has never shown a sign of hurting others, at least not intentionally. It doesn't really fit-- he hasn't been selfish.  

So now my hope is that next week the episode opens with them turning around and going back to switch dogs.  If the lady isn't already flat on her back from trying to walk the dog. 

I love all the discussion of this episode. Thanks for being as entertaining as the show itself!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, MadeleineElster said:

So here's why I'm pissed.  Why on earth did Gary go along with it?  That seems out of character.  Maggie has always been kind of neurotic and irrational throughout the show, but Gary hasn't. He has never shown a sign of hurting others, at least not intentionally. It doesn't really fit-- he hasn't been selfish.  

Gary didn't know about the dog switch until they were back in the car and Maggie was driving away. So even if he convinced Maggie to turn around, it would have been super weird to go up to the woman with a different dog and explain what happened. I don't think he would have gone along with it if he knew beforehand.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, izabella said:

This episode was all about the immediate, angry turn narcissists take when you push back on what they want from you, or try to call them out, or threaten to topple the image of themselves they want to project. 

I think classifying Delilah as a narcissist might be extreme. She's selfish, sure, but so is the rest of the main cast. She doesn't want to lose her kids. I'm not an advocate of her decision to keep the secret, but I can understand why she's doing it. Her family is already fragile. Learning she cheated on their father and got pregnant by their father's friend will be the nail in the proverbial coffin and emotionally scar her kids.

I was okay with the dog switch. As long as both dogs end up in good homes, it works for me. And really, if the owner didn't check shelters, chip her dog or put a collar with tags on him, she doesn't deserve to get her dog back.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, MadeleineElster said:

(My 70-year-old mother broke her hip walking her little Scottish Terrier.)

When I was a kid (10 or so, maybe?) I was walking our mini Schnauzer down the street with my brother riding his bike along with us. The dog saw another dog and took off, and I went face-first into the pavement. I was lucky I didn't break something. (There was lots of crying and my brother took off in a panic to get my mom. Luckily I was mostly just scared.)

15 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

emotionally scar her kids.

She wasn't too concerned about that when she was planning to leave him for his best friend.

15 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

I was okay with the dog switch. As long as both dogs end up in good homes, it works for me. And really, if the owner didn't check shelters, chip her dog or put a collar with tags on him, she doesn't deserve to get her dog back.

Obviously they did check shelters if there was a flyer up in one. I recently saw a story of a dog that had a chip and was reunited with his owner 12 years after he went missing, so that's not a guarantee. And if no one took him to a vet to be scanned, then a chip wouldn't have made a difference. 

• Love 3

The woman playing Colin's original owner played Doug's mom on the King of Queens.  I find it a little funny that they had a storyline where Doug discovers that his parents kept replacing his dog with a look a like since he was a kid.  She was perfect for the role last night😁

I loved Katherine letting Delilah have it with the truth. Looks like Katherine is done playing nice.  Best thing in the episode.  

The car for Sophie was ridiculous, where were they hiding it for like 17 years.  I have to say I find Daniel more annoying than Theo.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

The dog was in the pound for awhile. Can't anyone adopt a dog from the pound after a certain point? Maybe there is an owner, but chances are more likely the dog was just abandoned.

Last episode, they said that the dog was in the pound for a week. So, at this point, no more than an extra couple of days. So let's say the dog was in the pound for two weeks. 

1 hour ago, sashayshante said:

The old lady obviously did check the shelters. Gary had already taken Wesley home at that point, as he was never in a shelter. And Gary didn't bother to see if the dog he found was a stray or if he belonged to someone. 

It's just so dumb for Maggie to give the owner the WRONG DOG. Maggie doesn't know this new dog. She doesn't know how the old lady treated Wesley and now that she thinks that this is Wesley, she'll try the same tricks on this fake dog that won't work. What if this dog has a temperament toward people scratching his ears, for example? 

Maggie was 100% wrong. Don't trick people into thinking that their dog came home when it's not her dog. It's lying to her and a little bit ageist. 

1 hour ago, sashayshante said:

I think classifying Delilah as a narcissist might be extreme. She's selfish, sure, but so is the rest of the main cast. She doesn't want to lose her kids. I'm not an advocate of her decision to keep the secret, but I can understand why she's doing it. Her family is already fragile. Learning she cheated on their father and got pregnant by their father's friend will be the nail in the proverbial coffin and emotionally scar her kids.

Well, they're going to find out one way or the other. It's not just Delilah's kids' lives who will be ruined once this comes out. Her family isn't the only one involved. And Delilah will always find an excuse to not tell the kids, and that's the issue. Delilah isn't advocating for them to wait to tell the kids; she's advocating for them to NEVER tell the kids. There will NEVER be a good time to tell the truth. Sophie and Danny will be pissed, Theo will...well, he'll probably be ok with it, and at least Charlie can grow up with her father in her life as her father, and not a glorified babysitter. 

Also, it's the fact that, since the series started, besides losing Jon (who Delilah was planning to leave anyway....), Delilah hasn't really suffered the consequences to her actions. And she really needs to do that instead of playing victim. She's playing victim when she's not a victim to her adultery. 

I feel bad for the kids, I do, but they are just living in complete bliss and sooner or later, they'll find out. It's not going to hurt any less if they wait a few years. So what is the appropriate time to wait to tell them. A year? Two years? Four years? Ten years? 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

The woman playing Colin's original owner played Doug's mom on the King of Queens.  I find it a little funny that they had a storyline where Doug discovers that his parents kept replacing his dog with a look a like since he was a kid.  She was perfect for the role last night😁

I loved Katherine letting Delilah have it with the truth. Looks like Katherine is done playing nice.  Best thing in the episode.  

The car for Sophie was ridiculous, where were they hiding it for like 17 years.  I have to say I find Daniel more annoying than Theo.

I immediately said "Mrs. Heffernan!" when I saw her.  That's one of my favorite episodes.  Poor Doug, he was so naive and simple.  I love when Carrie was trying to explain it to him, and she says if Rocky was already grown in 1976 when you first got him, and it's now 2003, today that would make him....?  And then it finally clicks that his parents had been replacing his dog all those years.  I think they were on Rocky #4 by then.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:
Well, they're going to find out one way or the other. It's not just Delilah's kids' lives who will be ruined once this comes out. Her family isn't the only one involved. And Delilah will always find an excuse to not tell the kids, and that's the issue. Delilah isn't advocating for them to wait to tell the kids; she's advocating for them to NEVER tell the kids. There will NEVER be a good time to tell the truth. Sophie and Danny will be pissed, Theo will...well, he'll probably be ok with it, and at least Charlie can grow up with her father in her life as her father, and not a glorified babysitter. 

Also, it's the fact that, since the series started, besides losing Jon (who Delilah was planning to leave anyway....), Delilah hasn't really suffered the consequences to her actions. And she really needs to do that instead of playing victim. She's playing victim when she's not a victim to her adultery. 

Exactly!  The kids are going to find out eventually anyway.  Plus, she was planning on leaving with Eddie the very day that Jon died, so her whole "I lost my husband" wailing routine really got on my nerves.  She didn't give a damn about Jon until he jumped.  Her whole self-righteous, privileged, entitled personality is annoying.  Like last night after Sophie's bumper touched a pole, and they acted like she had been in the accident of the century.  Delilah's attitude when she tells Katherine, "No, I've decided we're going with the original plan.  My children need me."  Oh my god, I so wanted Katherine to say "Bitch, the world does not revolve around you!"  Then in the preview for next week, Delilah tells Regina that she's feeling ganged up on.  She has paid absolutely no consequences for her actions, but she feels ganged up on because some of her friends no longer agree with every word that falls from her lips?  Everything is about her.  Even when she claims she's protecting her children, she's really just protecting herself.  What did Jon and Eddie ever see in this woman?

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Last episode, they said that the dog was in the pound for a week. So, at this point, no more than an extra couple of days. So let's say the dog was in the pound for two weeks. 

The old lady obviously did check the shelters. Gary had already taken Wesley home at that point, as he was never in a shelter. And Gary didn't bother to see if the dog he found was a stray or if he belonged to someone. 

It's just so dumb for Maggie to give the owner the WRONG DOG. Maggie doesn't know this new dog. She doesn't know how the old lady treated Wesley and now that she thinks that this is Wesley, she'll try the same tricks on this fake dog that won't work. What if this dog has a temperament toward people scratching his ears, for example? 

Maggie was 100% wrong. Don't trick people into thinking that their dog came home when it's not her dog. It's lying to her and a little bit ageist. 

I feel bad for the kids, I do, but they are just living in complete bliss and sooner or later, they'll find out. It's not going to hurt any less if they wait a few years. So what is the appropriate time to wait to tell them. A year? Two years? Four years? Ten years? 

Speaking as a person who had a similar situation within my family while growing up, I can say that the fall out from telling the truth now, as bad it it may be, is still less than trying to sustain a lie (especially when the truth is known by so many) for years. When the truth finally comes out, lives and relationships will never be the same.

Will Delilah try to demand that PJ keep the truth from Sophie and Danny? What if PJ decides to demand his share of Jon’s estate? 

And whatever happened to Eddies comeback career? Is he back to being a stay at home dad? 

24 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

So there’s a secret car waiting 16ish years for Sophie. Is there one waiting for Danny?

Or PJ. Wouldn’t he be Jon’s “ first born”?

Anyone else wondering if the writers are trying to be ironic by having PJ be the son Jon  never acknowledged, allowed to be raised as another man’s child and then having a “daughter”  being raised ( after his death) as his child when her own father is being asked to keep her a secret.  

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2

So when Gary shows up at Wesley's owners home, he got out of an Uber that looked just like the blueberry car from Psych!  Anyone else notice that?  I even said something out loud to my dogs.

So, speaking of dogs.  I was livid at Maggie.  Cane corsos can be very aggressive and Maggie had no idea how the substitute dog had been raised/trained/etc.  She could have given a death sentence to that woman.  Maggie and Delilah should become roommates as they are both awful. 

I couldn't believe it when Delilah was trying to incite the 'gang' to turn against Katherine when she claimed that Katherine was talking amongst their mutual friend group when Delilah immediately did the same thing when she dropped off Charlie with Regina.  And why does everyone have to watch Charlie while Delilah never does?  I hope Eddie sues for custody.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

So when Gary shows up at Wesley's owners home, he got out of an Uber that looked just like the blueberry car from Psych!  Anyone else notice that?  I even said something out loud to my dogs.

So, speaking of dogs.  I was livid at Maggie.  Cane corsos can be very aggressive and Maggie had no idea how the substitute dog had been raised/trained/etc.  She could have given a death sentence to that woman.  Maggie and Delilah should become roommates as they are both awful. 

I couldn't believe it when Delilah was trying to incite the 'gang' to turn against Katherine when she claimed that Katherine was talking amongst their mutual friend group when Delilah immediately did the same thing when she dropped off Charlie with Regina.  And why does everyone have to watch Charlie while Delilah never does?  I hope Eddie sues for custody.

How convenient for Delilah that she wasn’t able to breast feed and therefore able to dump her kid on anyone she can weasel into babysitting. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And I hate to be the party pooper about Sophie taking Danny and then PJ for a ride in Jon's car but:

Massachusetts law states that for the first six months with a license, new drivers under 18 may not drive a car with any passenger under 18 unless the new driver is accompanied by a person who is 21 who:

• Has at least one year of driving experience.
  • Holds a valid driver's license.
  • Sits in the seat beside the driver.

There's an exception for immediate family members, which would cover Danny. 

9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

If I was going to take any lesson out of this show, or at least a lesson that they might be trying to teach us on purpose, its that keeping these huge, life changing secrets from the people in your life is always going to end badly and just make an already bad situation worse. Jon killed himself because of these massive secrets he was keeping from everyone. Rome almost killed himself because he didnt want to tell anyone about his depression. PJ is going to feel horribly betrayed that his parents kept the truth about his biological father away from him, AND they turned down the money he could have used for college just to keep their secret. The affair that Delilah and Eddie had almost blew up their lives (and really should have if people reacted like normal people in this show) and their families. Delilah trying to keep this secret about Charlie and the affair is just going to make everything even worse,especially when it inevitably comes out,

I think you're right: A Million Little Things We Do Wrong 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

The car for Sophie was ridiculous, where were they hiding it for like 17 years.

I don't know why, but I assumed Jon drove that car (once in a while at least, maybe as a second car?), and simply planned to hand it down to Sophie when she was old enough. I didn't think it was a secret. I just thought Sophie was surprised that she was going to get the car, like maybe she assumed her mom would sell Jon's car at some point, since they didn't need it, with him gone. They didn't really explain it except to say that Jon wanted her to have it, did they? Or did I miss a sentence or two in my annoyance with Delilah in this episode? 😉

1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

The woman playing Colin's original owner played Doug's mom on the King of Queens.

Among other things, I know her as the frustrating, semi-nasty mom of David Silver's "best" friend Scott on the original 90210.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

So there’s a secret car waiting 16ish years for Sophie. Is there one waiting for Danny?

If I was Danny I would have asked that as soon as I saw the car. I thought about that the second Delilah mentioned buying a car the day she was born. 

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't have pets so I don't know if that is a long time or not. But that shelter where Gary had planned to take Colin was going to kill him pretty quickly, right? That was why he adopted him? I feel like we can't fault someone for adopting a dog from a shelter if they think it is homeless.

But the switch on the widow was really crappy no matter what.

6 hours ago, TheLotusFlower said:

This thread is cracking me up!  Are most of you just hate watching the show at this point?  Almost everyone is talking about how stupid, unrealistic, and poorly written they think the show is.  Why keep watching if it's so awful?  

Yes, I am hate watching. It's like a slow motion accident you can't turn away from. What totally asinine, completely unrealistic, no one would ever do this/react that way in a million years bullshit will this show come up with next? I'm almost compelled to tune in just to see. Plus, I really like Grace Park.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, SpiritSong said:

Yes, I am hate watching. It's like a slow motion accident you can't turn away from. What totally asinine, completely unrealistic, no one would ever do this/react that way in a million years bullshit will this show come up with next? I'm almost compelled to tune in just to see. Plus, I really like Grace Park.

It’s like watching 90 day fiancé  and screaming at people’s stupidity. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Did they explain why the dog was in the pound? Why not a shelter? Animals stay in shelters longer than that, at least the shelters where I adopted my two cats. Way longer, meaning months.

12 hours ago, debraran said:

I think the funeral isn't someone anyone is vested in but it will give Delilah some breathing room, no one will talk to her about Charley if her dad died or someone else's parent (or Andrew's wife)

But the whole episode will be about her, and everyone else will stop whatever they are doing and support her time of grief - or no-grief, it is Deliah ad she needs time. Even Katherine will stop everything to care for Charlie because, for Delilah, it is not the right time. She needs to not-grieve someone 🙄

10 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Gary didn't know about the dog switch until they were back in the car and Maggie was driving away. So even if he convinced Maggie to turn around, it would have been super weird to go up to the woman with a different dog and explain what happened. I don't think he would have gone along with it if he knew beforehand.

It would be super awkward, for Gary and Maggie. Aw! That's the same mentality that shields Delilah: do something wrong, justify on bullshit premises, hurt someone but if the someone is not close that's ok. I mean, Delilah made a mistake, now she wants everyone else to follow her lead and be quiet about her mistakes because she doesn't want to "hurt her kids". She doesn't want to hurt herself. Besides, she is hurting Charlie, depriving her of a father that wants to be present. She is hurting Sophie and Danny because when the truth comes out they will feel betrayed. And she plays the victim.

I laughed out loud when she said to Katherine and Eddie that it would be her way because she said so. What is she going to do? Muzzle them and lock them up? A few words and this all colapses and I hope someone says the words soon - but of course everyone will forgive Delilah - except Sophie, for a while, when she will move in with PJ and his parents. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, alexvillage said:

Did they explain why the dog was in the pound? Why not a shelter? Animals stay in shelters longer than that, at least the shelters where I adopted my two cats. Way longer, meaning months.

But the whole episode will be about her, and everyone else will stop whatever they are doing and support her time of grief - or no-grief, it is Deliah ad she needs time. Even Katherine will stop everything to care for Charlie because, for Delilah, it is not the right time. She needs to not-grieve someone 🙄

It would be super awkward, for Gary and Maggie. Aw! That's the same mentality that shields Delilah: do something wrong, justify on bullshit premises, hurt someone but if the someone is not close that's ok. I mean, Delilah made a mistake, now she wants everyone else to follow her lead and be quiet about her mistakes because she doesn't want to "hurt her kids". She doesn't want to hurt herself. Besides, she is hurting Charlie, depriving her of a father that wants to be present. She is hurting Sophie and Danny because when the truth comes out they will feel betrayed. And she plays the victim.

I laughed out loud when she said to Katherine and Eddie that it would be her way because she said so. What is she going to do? Muzzle them and lock them up? A few words and this all colapses and I hope someone says the words soon - but of course everyone will forgive Delilah - except Sophie, for a while, when she will move in with PJ and his parents. 

I thought less of Gary (I know many loved it) when he accepted what she did because he loved Colin. Why go through that at all? Why even go? I guess living in my area, I've seen too many signs up for lost dogs, FB posts, Nextdoor neighborhood posts, from families and older women who usually lost smaller dogs. One has been for over a year in hope someone will see it now and know who found her Yorkie.  They all know the look-a-like Yorkies aren't their dog and I feel Nash had the "husband's dog" thrown in to offset the dog food left out. I never saw a family dog that only one person bonded with and obviously she wanted it back. Beating a dead horse, but I thought therapist Maggie did another stupid thing that makes me wonder if she ever passed a test or went to school.

Yes you're right D will need emotional support and I love how she seems threatened next week. When she said to Sophie, "I'm not going anywhere" I'm not sure what the look to Kathryn meant, she wasn't asking her to leave her kids, she was asking her to be honest. Sophie isn't stupid, she'll know she wasn't protecting her one day, she was protecting herself.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, izabella said:

That's a good idea. Low value emotionally, high value in terms of moving the Andrew/Delilah plot along.

I'm not quite at the point of hate watching, there are still moments I like in the show - especially Katherine's in this episode.  And I actually like most of the characters (with the exception of Delilah, and increasingly, Maggie). But some stuff is just too stupid to not mention. The dog swap is the biggest case in point.  Besides the cringeworthy, swap the dog and no one will notice, it undermined one of the best moments they've had on the episode - Gary grieving. As a writer, it really pisses me off when you waste a natural dramatic emotional setup which negates the emotional good will of the audience. Which this audience really needs.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Awkwardness is no excuse for not doing the right thing, in my book.

11 hours ago, TheLotusFlower said:

Exactly!  The kids are going to find out eventually anyway.  Plus, she was planning on leaving with Eddie the very day that Jon died, so her whole "I lost my husband" wailing routine really got on my nerves.  She didn't give a damn about Jon until he jumped.  Her whole self-righteous, privileged, entitled personality is annoying.  Like last night after Sophie's bumper touched a pole, and they acted like she had been in the accident of the century.  Delilah's attitude when she tells Katherine, "No, I've decided we're going with the original plan.  My children need me."  Oh my god, I so wanted Katherine to say "Bitch, the world does not revolve around you!"  Then in the preview for next week, Delilah tells Regina that she's feeling ganged up on.  She has paid absolutely no consequences for her actions, but she feels ganged up on because some of her friends no longer agree with every word that falls from her lips?  Everything is about her.  Even when she claims she's protecting her children, she's really just protecting herself.  What did Jon and Eddie ever see in this woman?

Though Katherine's response to that was great, I would have liked it to me a little more on point "you mean the husband you were leaving to run away with MY husband?"

11 hours ago, iwasish said:

Anyone else wondering if the writers are trying to be ironic by having PJ be the son Jon  never acknowledged, allowed to be raised as another man’s child and then having a “daughter”  being raised ( after his death) as his child when her own father is being asked to keep her a secret. 

I had such a hard to parsing that paragraph and ended up laughing, because it just showed how convoluted and soap opera-ish the plot is.

11 hours ago, sinkwriter said:

I don't know why, but I assumed Jon drove that car (once in a while at least, maybe as a second car?), and simply planned to hand it down to Sophie when she was old enough. I didn't think it was a secret. I just thought Sophie was surprised that she was going to get the car, like maybe she assumed her mom would sell Jon's car at some point, since they didn't need it, with him gone. They didn't really explain it except to say that Jon wanted her to have it, did they? Or did I miss a sentence or two in my annoyance with Delilah in this episode? 😉

Among other things, I know her as the frustrating, semi-nasty mom of David Silver's "best" friend Scott on the original 90210.

I think Delilah said something like "your Dad bought this car the day you were born" - and my take wasn't that he bought it for her, but that it just happened to coincide with the day of her birth and because of that he wanted to keep it for her.  I could have been putting a lot into the  brief explanation, but that was my takeaway (I mean, it's pretty weird to go to the car dealer after your wife has given birth - but then, on this show it's just an average day).

I didn't have that much of a problem with the anxiety about what was a minor accident. A few years ago a girl Sophie's age smashed into my car (she was at fault), and all during the wait for the police and such (it was a bit more serious - but no injuries), I felt really bad for her that she called her mom, but no one ever came to support her. I'm sure there were reasons, but even if it's minor, it's scary, and I can't fault a mom for rushing to her side (though I did fault this girl's mom for not coming at the time - though I eventually realized she could have been working a night shift, and simply couldn't afford to leave work)

• Love 2

I just love it when people who get caught out for doing something horrible blame the messenger instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. WTF, Delilah! If your kids find out, it won’t be Katherine who’s hurt them, IT WILL BE YOU (and Eddie). Perhaps you should have thought about their feelings back when you were planning to leave them and their dad.

And the dog switch... WTF to that, too. Did Maggie think that because the woman had been without HER dog for a year, she wouldn’t realize this wasn’t him? Plus, apparently Maggie thinks that Sharpie never wears off (not to mention the poor dog would have reeked of Sharpie) or that the shade of black she covered his white spot with would be a perfect match for his fur. I’ve tried that before with objects (not living animals!) and trust me, it doesn’t always match.

Wasn’t real impressed with Gary either. I expected him to come clean about the “survey” and admit he’d had Wesley for a year but only just found out who his real owner was. But no...

Third WTF... I thought last year’s finale established that PJ was the son of Jon’s friend who died on 9/11?

• Love 7

So who’s funeral could it be that EVERYONE has to go to and make Gary proclaim, “I can’t believe we are all going to another funeral”? If it were someone’s parent, that’s sad and of course you’ll go to support, but to lament that ‘here we are again’  (and it’s no like they aren’t with each other ALL THE TIME ANYWAY!). It makes it seem like another unexpected death. If it were Andrew’s wife, why would everyone be going? I’m thinking Delilah’s father, but an sickly, elderly parent is to be expected, eventually. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

Though Katherine's response to that was great, I would have liked it to me a little more on point "you mean the husband you were leaving to run away with MY husband?"

Yes! Someone needs to remind her that she was actively, imminently planning to leave her husband.

1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I think Delilah said something like "your Dad bought this car the day you were born" - and my take wasn't that he bought it for her, but that it just happened to coincide with the day of her birth and because of that he wanted to keep it for her.  I could have been putting a lot into the  brief explanation, but that was my takeaway (I mean, it's pretty weird to go to the car dealer after your wife has given birth - but then, on this show it's just an average day).

I thought the same. Who knows; maybe he bought it in the morning and she went into labor later...?

1 hour ago, CarpeFelis said:

Plus, apparently Maggie thinks that Sharpie never wears off (not to mention the poor dog would have reeked of Sharpie) or that the shade of black she covered his white spot with would be a perfect match for his fur.

I forget exactly what she said, but I thought she was just saying they would be long gone by the time the marker washed off. Heck, it's a senior dog who's been gone a while; old lady's obviously senile brain would just think his fur was turning white because he's old!

1 hour ago, CarpeFelis said:

Third WTF... I thought last year’s finale established that PJ was the son of Jon’s friend who died on 9/11?

I think...and I could be wrong....that it goes like this: Friend was married to Barbara Morgan, who was pregnant when Friend died on 9/11, but really it was Jon's baby (assuming the DNA results are right, and I am iffy about the integrity of their sample collection methods, but that's beside the point, for now, at least**), and Jon felt guilty both about the fact that Friend died while he lived because he missed the flight for something silly, and that he had slept with Barbara Morgan and she had his kid and he didn't support them. (The initial implication was just that he felt guilty for not being there for his best friend's family.)

**what they really need to do is test PJ's DNA against Sophie and Danny and see if they are half-siblings. As someone else pointed out, the hair on the sweater could have been Friend's!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, izabella said:

I think they should test Sophie and Danny to verify whether they are actually Jon's kids, too.  It's not like we can rely on Delilah's word for that.

Okay, I've been thinking about this, just to get real soapy...

They test PJ against Danny and Sophie...PJ and Danny are half brothers via Jon, but Sophie (who, you'll notice, is the only the blonde - a recessive trait* - in the family) is unrelated to PJ and only half-sibling to Danny via their mother.

(*Yes, Jon and Delilah could both carry a blonde gene while having brown hair themselves, but let's not let reality get in the way, here.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

They test PJ against Danny and Sophie...PJ and Danny are half brothers via Jon, but Sophie (who, you'll notice, is the only the blonde - a recessive trait* - in the family) is unrelated to PJ and only half-sibling to Danny via their mother.

I could totally believe that.  They should have a DNA testing party, and test all four kids to see if any of them are siblings.  Katherine should be the one in charge of the tests and test results because I don't trust the others not to do it wrong or mix things up to "help Delilah."  Reason why I think that they would mix things up on purpose?  See:  Maggie and Gary with Colin/Wesley/shelter dog.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, izabella said:

I could totally believe that.  They should have a DNA testing party, and test all four kids to see if any of them are siblings.  Katherine should be the one in charge of the tests and test results because I don't trust the others not to do it wrong or mix things up to "help Delilah."  Reason why I think that they would mix things up on purpose?  See:  Maggie and Gary with Colin/Wesley/shelter dog.

They should go to a neutral third (eleventh? twelfth?)-party genetic testing facility.

• Love 2
On 11/8/2019 at 12:01 PM, snarkylady said:

Still trying to make sense of this episode, especially regarding the dog(s) and I am relieved that they did not have a scenario where an animal was injured.  Nash had done some strong hinting that Colin fans would be in for a rough time so I was concerned there.

I think this dog story was some botched attempt to make some kind of commentary on the rest of the show.

Eddie struggling over telling Gary that someone was still looking for their dog was supposed to be some kind of counterpoint to Eddie agreeing with Katherine that they need to tell the truth about Charlie.

Maggie swapping the dogs has something to do with Maggie's dead brother and the recipient of his heart.