Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E35: Love or Con?

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, PityFree said:

I’ll bet Lacey asked Shane to change the sheets on her bed before she gets back home with John. *vomit*

I honestly can’t see Lacey doing that.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

#Angela'sSister2019

Every person on this show needs her advice - - don't be a dumbass (paraphrasing because I already deleted the episode and can't remember word for word.)  

Why on earth Angela didn't block "Asshole Tony"'s number is beyond me.  No, actually it's not.  She's not ready to let that fuckwit go and she wants him to beg and grovel and apologize, even if it's not sincere.  She totally had his number last week; this week, she believes he's being truthful and transparent.  It's been four months and she still has the  motorcycle she bought for him.  Girl, at this point you deserve whatever you have coming.  

So Glorietta is trying on wedding dresses while Alex is mooning over his ex.  Not surprised.  Glorietta, the mermaid style dress isn't for everyone.  In fact, it's probably not for most.  If you want to look classy and elegant, chose a dress with a bodice that covers up more of your rack.  Not that it matters because I think we'll see these two walking down the aisle about the same time we see Josh and Cheryl doing the same.  

So Amber has been telling us how she fell for Vince, etc., etc., etc. and then accusing Vince of trying to con her and this week she tells us that she and Puppy had a long con in store the whole time?  What a cold fucking bitch.  I hope that Puppy's mom overheard all of it and goes straight to Vince.  This is one reason why you don't go looking for true love on prison websites.  Here's your sign, Vince. 

Who is Lacey kidding when she says she doesn't want anything to happen between John and Shane?  She lives for that shit.  She said so herself -- she can't/won't date men without records because they're boring.  She wants and needs drama.  

So she puts John's engagement ring back on to meet him outside the pokey, only to take it off to give back to him?  And he refuses it?  Dude, no.  Take the ring and hock it.   And why is she confused about him not wanting to get in the car with her?  You just dumped him for a 12 year old.  I don't think he wants to go hang out with you and your new soulmate.  

So Daniel has no job (is he even looking?) but he thinks it's a good idea to propose to Lizzy?  Maybe get a job first and start earning some money then you can buy the ring yourself.  And I know that his mom wants to be supportive and all but maybe refuse to buy a ring for him to give to the girl you don't even like until he gets a job.  God, these people. 

I agree that this show should be 2 hours! 

• Love 22

OMG cigarettes in the bedroom....GROSS. She totally wants those guys fighting over her

Amber and Puppy. The truth comes out.  Vince is a medical genius. Who knew?

"Asshole Tony" ha! Block his number, idiot with the alleged master's degree. Angela, moisturizer is your friend. I do love your sister, tho.  Looks like she has the brains in the family. 

Daniel, you should get a J.O.B. prior to babies and "promise rings". Now you're going steady. Lame

Glorietta, your mom should have had that mole removed from your nose when you were a baby. Julianna is really cute, and she knows the real Alex.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

'Love or Con'- hmm, let me see now.

🙄🙄🙄

Bridal Glorietta looks like a WWF wrestler in drag. And $5K is her 'budget' but y'know, for the RIGHT DRESS, she could stretch it. After all, she wants the BEST dress, the BEST ring, the BEST venue, etc, etc,. Still no answer from the spirit world on who's paying for the Wedding of the Century. Alex is a tiny sleazy little critter, isn't he? If Julianna wasn't an addict and he wasn't a drug dealer, they'd be a match made in heaven/(sarc). 

I was hoping we wouldn't see Angela again until she popped up at the end of the season to announce she and Tommy were married, but nooooooooo.  This is the third season we've had to watch her stupidity and I am done with her.

Again, Daniel doesn't have a high school diploma and his face is covered with obvious prison tattoos. How is he ever going get a job and repay even the $120, much less cover the cost of child care? Cheating his mother like that makes me despise him even more than I already did.

Amber and Puppy are shady as hell, but I'm still waiting for details on exactly how adopting Puppy and marrying Amber was going to make them all rich. Then again, Vince invented a medical device that will change the world, so... 

I kind of respected John for realistically, though bitterly, accepting Lacey's decision and quickly deciding to change his parole address to his mother's. He was walking away, but now of course he'll have to fight with Shane and make Lacey feel important. She's a POS.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
15 hours ago, PityFree said:

Oh Angela please don’t be a sucker.

Are you kidding? She’s literally an eager volunteer.

I can eek out a bit (a very, very minuscule bit) for being conned by a con; people who start up prison correspondences (which always turn to romance and support; cons don’t waste their stamps on the people who want to preach to/convert them; they want to be entertained and emotionally and financially supported, there’s already religious studies groups in prison, if that’s their thing), but Angela is taking stupid to new heights, or rather, lows.

Bottom line: she’s fishing in the “prison pool” because, theoretically, danger and “outlaws” spin her creaky wheels. That’s why she has no real respect for the reliable, codependent, boringly “normal” Tommy.  As I noted before, Angela can’t swan into the local pool hall-tavern and compete with the local barflies 20+ years younger than she is for whatever is available in the way of “decent” (broadest definition) men.  Whatever her (considerable) bravado (sweetly supported by Tommy), Angela knows that.  She wants the Marlboro Man, with a motorcycle instead of a horse, who’s “bad” (but not really), who’s “exciting” and enviable.  She seems to have some kind of cognitive dysfunction in her apparent inability to understand that lawbreakers, by their nature, do not have moral compasses that point True North and have amazingly pliable definitions of Truth.  The tropes of the “Misunderstood Bad Boy”, the “Thief with the Heart of Gold”, the “Robin Hood Outlaw”, are just that... tropes.  They're fantasies, and exceedingly rare in Real Life.  You’re more likely to meet the Pope squeezing melons and checking tomatoes for bruises in your local grocery store.

Beggars can’t be choosers, and men in prison are likely to be more forgiving of little issues like age, extra pounds, crows’ feet, poor dentistry, etc et al, especially when the initial photograph has been helped along by PhotoShop and the whole deal is sweetened with financial support.  It’s a whole different story when, as the viewers have seen, Tony was confronted by Angela (and her nearly-frightening determination to get it on right away) and Amber was faced with Vince who reasonably expected some show of affection from the woman who had freely accepted his marriage proposal.

Hurt and humiliated, Angela gave four (impressive, for her situation) months of “radio silence” to “Asshole Tony”, yet... never blocked his number.  Oh, sure, she’s angry, yep, and hurt, etc, but she still has that door cracked, she wants to be wooed “back”.  Nothing, or more to the point, no one, has appeared in those four months to wow Angela, climb on that motorcycle and roar off with her clinging to his back with her hair streaming in the wind.  If there had been, she would have found it very easy to forget Tony’s name and turn off the phone she might still be paying for. (She confiscated the phone she gave him, but as she still has his number programmed into her phone, she may still be paying for his phone service).

Angela and Tony are out of options. She is because she’s into a fantasy, he is because his frantic attempts to find another “sugar mama” more to his liking in his first, brief time “out” were unsuccessful.  This doesn’t mean one another are their best options (maybe for Tony, choosing security over actual feeling) nor does it mean they’ll end up at the altar, much less in a successful marriage.  It just means they’re both willing to put more effort into something fundamentally flawed than anything realistic.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Glorietta and Vince would be perfect together.

And if they had a child, s/he would be smarter than them the minute they were born. 

16 hours ago, PityFree said:

Block his number, Angela. 

Nah. She’s a moron and still wants him. And the Love after Lock Up paycheck. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Uh Oh. Alex's ex is more attractive and seems brighter than Glorietta.

He seemed way more into her than Glorietta. She was cute and seems to have a head on her shoulders now that she is sober. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I’m fucking someone else I’m not in love with you... wait where are you going? OMG lacy you need to just disappear forever. God help Shane when you eventually tire of him and cheat. 

I doubt she will ever stay loyal.  She wants drama and attention.  Her little smile when she was "warning" Shane to not go back to jail for fighting John was gross.  

Its hard to tell with her over inflated lips....but that was a smile.  

Who the hell is paying $20 to watch her take off her clothes? Yuck. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Marlow, kid, you need to start praying that John is not your bio dad since he is a  heroin user. Then you need to call Grandpa and ask him to keep you and all of your siblings since your mom is going to keep bringing felons and drug addicts into your home. Also, you need to get away from all of that second hand smoke and the smell of sweaty balls coming from your mother’s room. 

Angela, instead of buying a motorcycle for Tony, you should have paid a dentist to push that tooth back into your head. 

From the snippets weve seen of John, he doesn't seem the worst.  I think he would happily allow Lacey's dad to have custody of her kids.  

If he had some parental rights and was smart enough to realize that he isn't a good candidate for child rearing, he might be their saving grace. 

Lacey will insist on having custody for whatever money, benefits and attention she can get from having kids.  

IF John is serious about staying off heroin he needs to stay away from Lacey.  She is all high drama and stress and a relationship with her will make him want to escape into his drug of choice.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So if Angela went searching and found Tony's phone an episode back and seems to me she took that with her, probably to hock, how did this loser get another phone and she programmed it in as asshole tony ?   

It’s the prison phone line, they are not allowed to have cell phones.

3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Amber chilly you go on national television and admit to trying to run a scam are you fucking stupid? 

Yes, she is. She’s going to wind up back in jail.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, sempervivum said:

'Love or Con'- hmm, let me see now.

Then again, Vince invented a medical device that will change the world, so... 

This from a man who would struggle to unwrap and put a bandaid on without help.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

Angela, instead of buying a motorcycle for Tony, you should have paid a dentist to push that tooth back into your head. 

Shame on you, PityFree. No warning for that pithy gem?  I laughed out loud.  (I have wondered if certain areas just have a dearth of dentists.)

i understand people make it possible to afford the things important to them, but budgeting your prison “love”?  That’s hardcore.  Angela, God bless Snagglepuss, she really invested in Tony (makes you imagine her considering “investment opportunities” in email chain letters from Nigerian princes).  Most cons would have at least come out of prison roaring, shagged Angela silly and then roared off on the motorcycle she bought for him with everything he could easily carry.  Angela might have loved and lost, but she would have been watching that dust rise in the distance while breathless and nearly crippled, wondering “who was that Masked Man?”

A better ending, so to speak, than Tony whining and waxing apologetic, earnest and ardent, while segueing clumsily, obviously, to his need for lost-halfway house digs (“Can I come home to you?”) with a week to go, Angela pretending she hasn’t been long considering it, and the Countdown to Tony  bolting like a horsefly-stung donkey... again.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, PityFree said:

Lacey/Lacey’s house must absolutely reek of cigarettes. 

I'm so not used to seeing people smoking cigarettes indoors. I found that so jarring.

22 hours ago, PityFree said:

Block his number, Angela. 

Or just don't accept the collect calls! Said it before, say it again: this could be the easiest breakup ever. He's locked up. That's it! Look at Alex and his ex - they lost touch when he went in, and they broke up. Done! He wants to live with her because he has nowhere else to go. And she was cool with him going back to jail? What?

22 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

So we were right, Puppy and Amber are a couple and they planned on conning Vince out of money.

It was so fucking obvious. I'm glad they finally admitted it.

There's no way Lacey stays faithful. She cheated on her husband with John, hence the question of one of her kids' paternity. She cheated on John with Shane. The saying "A person who marries their mistress creates a vacancy" has never been more applicable than with Lacey. The second she gets bored with Shane, she'll find some other inmate to "talk to." She's an agent of chaos and a shitty mother. Yeah, I said it. (Also, John, take the ring back.)

Daniel and Lizzy are just so, so young and dumb. I don't understand the concept of a promise ring once you get out of high school, but they're both kind of stunted in that space. (I remember reading a novel when I was a teenager and a couple in it, who were also teenagers, were talking about being "engaged to be engaged," and I thought " ... Huh?")

By far the most interesting part to me was Alex and his ex. He's totally still in love with her. (Also, how long was he with Julianna? He said the woman on his torso was his ex of six years and the name on that woman wasn't Julianna, and isn't he only 28?) He was gazing at her adoringly. And she really has her shit together. She's smarter and stronger and just ... kind of better? than Glorietta. And he admitted that he was just conning Glorietta at first.

The mermaid cut is not good for Glorietta. She needs something with a higher waist.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 9

Daniels mother only agreed to fund a "promise ring" because she wants to save Daniel from his worst instincts.  

But Daniel is desperate to hold onto Lizzy and so that means an engagment...and an ill advised pregnancy.  

He is 22 with a criminal record and a ridiculous facial tattoo.  Lizzie hasn't finished school and has a part time job.  I have no idea why they both think they know more than Terri. 

• Love 5

The acting on this show is awful.

Anyone else think Lacy was high during this episode? She just seemed stranger than normal. I would bet money that lacy’s Dad and Cheryl’s parents are actually full-time caretakers to their grandkids. 

I think I may know how Vince feels on a regular basis because I am completely confused. I thought Amber and puppy where savvy criminals. Aren’t they supposed to be able to spot the perfect mark? How are these two so stupid they thought Vince was smart enough to invent a medical device that would make him rich and they could take the money? You only need 30 seconds to realize he does not have that type of capability. Although I completely believe they intended to pull some type of scam, and I believe Vince really is stupid (or the best actor of them all), I think this storyline is BS. I Will also  never buy the adoption storyline unless I am wrong and Vince turns out to be a real criminal mastermind who adopted puppy with the intent to use her for some diabolical scam. 

• Love 8

I, for one, would like more insight into this "revolutionary medical device" Vince invented. 

Did he see a blood pressure cuff at the rite aid pharmacy and assumed he invented it?  Is there a crayon drawing of this device somewhere?  

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Amber and Puppy are shady as hell, but I'm still waiting for details on exactly how adopting Puppy and marrying Amber was going to make them all rich.

All I can figure is that it will give them both legal ties to him to claim whatever $ he will ever have.  Maybe he’s going to get a settlement for the possible brain damage he got in the military.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Daniels mother only agreed to fund a "promise ring" because she wants to save Daniel from his worst instincts.  

But Daniel is desperate to hold onto Lizzy and so that means an engagment...and an ill advised pregnancy.  

He is 22 with a criminal record and a ridiculous facial tattoo.  Lizzie hasn't finished school and has a part time job.  I have no idea why they both think they know more than Terri. 

Problem being that Daniel’s mom is just as much of an idiot for believing his lie.  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Kangatush said:

Promise rings are for 12 year olds and the religiously conservative.

There’re also for people who need to break but don’t, as they a. Don’t want to deal with the fallout, and b. Still need to get laid on the regular.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Oh, where to begin? I live for Glorietta and Alex, as she is the brown-haired picture of "dumb blonde" and I love her weird mangling of expressions. This week it was "I'm a needle in a haystack!"  She's going to get her heart broken but she could be a little scary/stalkery if things go awry.  She's alluded to it.  Plus she has her crazy mom there too.

Lacey is so abhorrent, I can't even express my distaste for this woman. Honestly, if you want to display your terrifyingly altered body and face online for money, knock yourself out- but to put your family on display and your kids out there- no. Her poor kids. Her poor dad. And she is so incredibly false in every way- not only physically- just a horrible person. Look at her face when she tells Shane "I don't want you guys to fight." She can barely hold back her delight at the thought. She lives for that shit. I would say she's smiling but her face barely moves so it's a little harder to tell. But she is definitely not concerned. I'm convinced that Shane is in it to participate in her webcam activities, gather up some cash money and make up for all the sex he missed while in prison.  

Amber is as stupid as they come. She's on the phone, discussing Puppy's and her "grand scheme"- on camera? We knew she was lying all along (her talking heads where she is saying that Vince was scamming them? She can barely keep a straight face). I just would be a little nervous if I were her as Vince has that blank, serial-killer face that I wouldn't trust for a minute. He, after all, has gone without sex for how long- and he needs it 3 times a day?!

Daniel and Mommy go ring shopping. How cringe-worthy. And to top it off, Mom is his spokesperson? They walk into the "jewelry store" and when the clerk asks what they are looking for, she pipes up with "we're shopping for a promise ring." Ugh, really? And she then tries to justify her "helping Daniel out" with this purchase, as if it will keep him from REALLY getting engaged to Lizzie? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

All I can figure is that it will give them both legal ties to him to claim whatever $ he will ever have.  Maybe he’s going to get a settlement for the possible brain damage he got in the military.

I’ve been trying to figure it out too. At one point in this episode, Amber said something like “he’s gonna cut a check off me.” That plus the adoption talk makes me wonder if they think he will simply be able to claim them as dependents and they think he will get a huge tax refund. I’m guessing neither Amber nor Puppy nor Amber’s mom has ever done taxes (or had a job that paid taxes) so they have a child’s understanding of taxes. Maybe they think the government pays people to have dependents? 

Maybe you are right and Vincent gets a disability payment and they heard that dependents get a payment, too. (I believe that would only apply to dependent children, but I don’t really know.)

What I do know is that Amber and Puppy are going to do what they need to to never have to get a real job—including going back to jail.

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 9
On 11/1/2019 at 8:06 PM, Armchair Critic said:

They are trolling Shane with that potato nose mug shot.

I'm surprised Alex hasn't chewed off his arm yet to get away from Glorietta.

It looks like a fun house mirror.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

I’ve been trying to figure it out too. At one point in this episode, Amber said something like “he’s gonna cut a check off me.” That plus the adoption talk makes me wonder if they think he will simply be able to claim them as dependents and they think he will get a huge tax refund. I’m guessing neither Amber nor Puppy nor Amber’s mom has ever done taxes (or had a job that paid taxes) so they have a child’s understanding of taxes. Maybe they think the government pays people to have dependents? 

Maybe you are right and Vincent gets a disability payment and they heard that dependents get a payment, too. (I believe that would only apply to dependent children, but I don’t really know.)

What I do know is that Amber and Puppy are going to do what they need to to never have to get a real job—including going back to jail.

So, Vince is (was) in the military.  If you are married, I believe you get better housing (can live in a house vs. barracks).  I also think you get more money if you're married.  

I also think you get more money if you have a kid.  I think it's possible that slow vince heard about this, relayed it back to Amber and Amber/puppy came up with the idea for Vince to "legally adopt" puppy to get more money in his check.  

But that's not how it works because puppy is a grown ass woman.  

• Love 3
On 11/2/2019 at 12:21 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Angela on the back of a motorcycle snag tooth heavy makeup, cracked lips and black boots..cheap black boots!

Be still my heart!

Was she sitting on a tree stump while working on the bike lol?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Was she sitting on a tree stump while working on the bike lol?

I hate that I even looked, but it didn’t seem to be a stump; it kind of looked like a really low metal backyard table or something. Maybe an old metal plant stand? 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, RealReality said:

I, for one, would like more insight into this "revolutionary medical device" Vince invented. 

Well... it doesn’t appear that poor Vince has issues with an overload of blood supply South of his Mason-Dixon Line, as God bless him, he’s been more than understanding and patient with the whistling empty wasteland of the smallest of shows of affection from his jailbird fiancée.  Utterly unsurprisingly, Amber has confirmed the deductions of just about everyone “here”, that her orientation, and affections, lay elsewhere in general and in Puppy (who’s showing herself more a piranha of late) in particular.

This leads the possibilities that Vince’s “revolutionary medical invention” is either to increase oxygen to the brain (no evidence he’s availing himself of this) or raising the ability to live without oxygen to the brain (Breathe, Vince. Blink. Swallow. Repeat.)

Only guesses, of course... I’m just not feeling anything not sold on a wee-hours-of-the-morning infomercial (at best).

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Lacey- I hope sheends up in jail by time this season is over. We have watched her put hands on both guys,Now if the roles were reversed the guys would be in cuffs already.  These guys have made shitty life choices,but her disregard towards other’s feelings because of HER actions is horrible. 

Not sure why she expects some extravagant proposal from a guy,when shes known him for 5 minutes,already slept with him and has another guy. She should be shocked that some dumbass asked her anyways despite her wicked ways.

Angela- She’s not fooling anyone. If she wanted him out of her life then she would have blocked his number and delete the “Asshole tony” contact,which is something a 12 yr old would name. Shd will 100% forgive Tony. 

Gloritetta- I’m tired of seeing those little tear drop tattoo’s by Alex’s mouth, did he kill someone during oral? Cause wtf is that?  How that isn’t a turn off to glorietta is beyond me but then again she’s only focused on her Pinterest dream wedding. 

I’m finding the trips to these higher end jewelry stores/ wedding dress shops a little cringy to watch. They have no business trying on the $10,000+ wedding dresses they will never buy, or looking at expensive rings, to only end up buying the cheapest one in stock. All they’re doing is wasting the sale’s associates time. Especially the bridal shop associate who makes very little hourly, and rely on commission sales. They need to relocate to a Walmart jewelry counter and a David’s Bridal clearance rack.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Unsinn said:

Well... it doesn’t appear that poor Vince has issues with an overload of blood supply South of his Mason-Dixon Line, as God bless him, he’s been more than understanding and patient with the whistling empty wasteland of the smallest of shows of affection from his jailbird fiancée.  Utterly unsurprisingly, Amber has confirmed the deductions of just about everyone “here”, that her orientation, and affections, lay elsewhere in general and in Puppy (who’s showing herself more a piranha of late) in particular.

This leads the possibilities that Vince’s “revolutionary medical invention” is either to increase oxygen to the brain (no evidence he’s availing himself of this) or raising the ability to live without oxygen to the brain (Breathe, Vince. Blink. Swallow. Repeat.)

Only guesses, of course... I’m just not feeling anything not sold on a wee-hours-of-the-morning infomercial (at best).

So.....he invented male masterbuation?  

He probably jerks off so much he thinks he invented it...and that it will change the world.  Or maybe he thinks he invented lotion....or the Fleshlight.  

• LOL 2
On 11/2/2019 at 1:50 PM, Tatortot said:

Are lacey's kids still with her dad?   while she is whoring around with these two men?  I see another baby coming her way.    She needs an intervention and a make over.

add to that a tubal ligation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/2/2019 at 12:06 PM, sempervivum said:

Amber and Puppy are shady as hell, but I'm still waiting for details on exactly how adopting Puppy and marrying Amber was going to make them all rich. Then again, Vince invented a medical device that will change the world, so... 

Amber would be entitled to half the revenue and royalities when they divorce. And Puppy would be his legal heir....if he were to meet w an untimely demise.

On 11/3/2019 at 10:43 AM, PityFree said:

The gov't def pays ppl to have dependents. That's why you have to claim a # when you start a job and your tax liabilty is adjusted based on the number. And the military pays to have spouses.

• Love 2

Is there a dentist in the house? Angela, her sister, Cheryl, Puppy's mom, ad nauseam. How about a dermatologist for Glorietta's nose mole and Lizzy's cyst in her chest? We also need laser experts for the unfortunate facial tattoos on Daniel and Alex. A plastic surgeon to undo the hideous effects of Lacy's fish lips and squinty eyes, what is going on with that face, geezus? So much help is needed. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, RealReality said:

So.....he invented male masterbuation?  

He probably jerks off so much he thinks he invented it...and that it will change the world.  Or maybe he thinks he invented lotion....or the Fleshlight.  

Nah, RealReality, Ye Old Knuckle Shuffle would require a degree of multitasking, an ability  at which, traditionally, most men are not very good.  Necessity (and visceral drive) has driven many men to adapt and learn multitasking, at least as far as that particular exercise goes.  But we are talking about Vince, here.  The migration of a large portion of blood flow and focus all headed South, away from the Brain (the “Big Head”) might cause him to accidentally asphyxiate, as it could easily overwhelm his need to focus on “Blink, Breathe, Swallow, Repeat”.  😆

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Unsinn said:

Nah, RealReality, Ye Old Knuckle Shuffle would require a degree of multitasking, an ability  at which, traditionally, most men are not very good.  Necessity (and visceral drive) has driven many men to adapt and learn multitasking, at least as far as that particular exercise goes.  But we are talking about Vince, here.  The migration of a large portion of blood flow and focus all headed South, away from the Brain (the “Big Head”) might cause him to accidentally asphyxiate, as it could easily overwhelm his need to focus on “Blink, Breathe, Swallow, Repeat”.  😆

Studies show no one is good at multitasking (although they of course think they are).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Is there a dentist in the house? Angela, her sister, Cheryl, Puppy's mom, ad nauseam. 

As I posted somewhere before, people “afford” what is important to them, and obviously, these people have different priorities.  Before anyone opens fire on me about sh*tty or non-existent medical and dental insurance; stop, you’re preaching to the choir, I know, I know, and I have insurance.

The fact is, all of the people mentioned have choices, and they willingly made them (even if the consequences and repercussions have complicated and made difficult their own lives). Angela chose to pour her money into Tony. She was even shown, in one of the earliest episodes of “Angela & Tony” carefully budgeting her financial support of her incarcerated “love”.  It was always a risky proposition at best, again-again, she freely choose it, pursued it, ignored all “red flags” and warning signs, chose to believe in the romantic, against-all-reasonable odds of the relationship, and predictably it revealed itself to be a very poor ”investment” for which she has received no benefits in return.  

In contrast, self-improvement might raise her self-esteem and help her to realize that, for all her alleged accomplishments, she’s “worth more” than an ex-con with nothing to offer and now, a personal track record with her of lies and betrayal.  She went for Fantasy over Reality, and in fairness, Reality isn’t all that “fun”, which is why so many find refuge in even the most convoluted of fantasies... reinforced by TV, movies and the ever-growing roster of “social media stars”, famous for being famous and “influencing”, whose lives are apparently built on ether but somehow backed by real money... though that last can disappear as well.

Dental Health just doesn’t seem to be a “popular priority”, sometimes even amongst people who otherwise visit health professionals regularly.

How about a dermatologist for Glorietta's nose mole...

Another citizen of Fantasyland, Glorietta and her nasally falsetto is allegedly flush enough to have “five thousand [dollars] for the right dress” (I know plenty of people who had lovely, meaningful weddings for far less than that; not necessarily out of poverty but because their focus was on the union, becoming spouses, and the realities of life together afterwards, rather than the popular drive of The Big Party and the Big Show).  Glorietta has a little girl’s “wish book” (rather than actual wedding planner) all lace, inspirational love quotes, soft-focus pictures and magazine pull-outs, so completely immersed that she chastised the baffled Alex for picking the “wrong” dress amongst the several she’s saved.  

The facial mole is the least of the issues she could address.  A Reality Check would serve her much better... and the Reality is that her “soulmate” is still deeply in love with another woman, not to mention unemployable with his lack of an education and all his tats (esp the face and neck).  He has taken himself out of the running for the kind of employment that might afford dizzy Glorietta the lifestyle to which her fantasies have convinced her she’s due and entitled (not to mention Alex also lacks a general education and still has far to go just on the basics).

Unless Glorietta’s mole has been identified by a doctor as “suspicious”, a removal would be considered cosmetic and an out-of-pocket  expense.  Glorietta has already amply displayed her budgetary concerns lie elsewhere... and, as increasingly shown... Alex’s choices are, primarily, with another woman. R’ut R’oh.

and Lizzy's cyst in her chest? 

I’m not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.  😁. I don’t think that’s a cyst, it’s a scar. Having read Lizzy’s (online; in response to a lot of unnecessary and cruel commentary and trolling) explanation of the scar on her chest (a “cherry” on a cigarette came off and burned her chest badly when she was in her early-mid ‘teens), I have a theory: Lizzy’s “keloid”.  Her account sounds completely believable; “cherries”, especially at the very end of a cigarette, near the filter, can be large and very hot, and drop off unexpectedly, leaving the smoker holding an empty filter.  Adding, perhaps, that Lizzy may have been “altered” (under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs) at the time, she may not have immediately noticed, and received a nasty, deep burn on “young”, tender skin.

Keloid scars are difficult to treat; how to remove a scar when someone has issues with scarring itself?  Considering the size of Lizzy’s scar and location, that it’s not inhibiting anything, it’s a purely cosmetic issue that would require a specialist and a lot of out-of-pocket expense.  Considering Lizzy’s apparent  level of knowledge, she may not even be aware she’s keloid. 

We also need laser experts for the unfortunate facial tattoos on Daniel and Alex. 

It’s amazing how easy it is to get tattoos, especially bad ones, and how extremely involved, painful and expense removal is.  No way around it, removal involves targeting and burning the ink out of the flesh with lasers. It’s painful, and there is the smell of burning flesh.

Worse, there’s nothing “artistic” about Alex’s - or any of those on LAL - tats.  Most of the tats, by their design and placement, scream PRISON. (Prison tats are not, of course, created with the appropriate ink specially formulated for tattooing, and the instruments are Prison-DIY.  Both the creating and receiving of tats are illegal activities in prison as well.)  There’s nothing attractive or “artistic” the majority of the LAL tats, esp Alex’s grotesque “drops”.  They’re not even “gangsta” (Alex, for all his posturing is notbout that life), they’re just... teenaged boy foul on a permanent level.

God bless Julianna, his former girlfriend with whom he still is very obviously still in love, could not have been impressed by his tats if those were “new” work.  If they’re old, maybe they were acceptable in her “old” life and standards, her self-admitted unhealthy and addicted lifestyle...  she certainly appears to have massively improved and “upgraded”.  She’s now “clean” and very put-together. Whatever their history or ties, she has to know that Alex, and his “look”, how he walks, talks, dresses (ya feel me?) would be a step “back”, and a huge step down from the new life she’s embraced.  He’s not going to be a good look on her arm.

Aaron Carter (a massive train wreck in his own right, with allegedly a long list of diagnosed psych conditions and personality disorders taking up chapters in the DSM-V, plus addictions of nearly every kind) just made himself unemployable even by the pliable standards of fame with a new tat (that “upped the ante” by adding to another large neck tat) of Rihanna-as-Medusa (which he says represents his mother 😳) that covers half his face.  For all his illnesses and erratic behaviour, Aaron still has a past as a moneymaker with a degree of talent.  Alex doesn’t have any of that.  Anywhere he goes, aside from perhaps factory and manual labour work, the employer is going to stop dead at the visible (and again, grotesque) tats and piercings.

Lizzy has none of the cachet Julianna has going for her.  Yeah, yeah, she’s been busy “concentrating on school” (though she’s admitted that was not completely true) and has yet to truly sever from her troubled past and “upgrade” (did viewers really need the footage of her and Daniel’s epic ”first time” in the laundry room, complete with ratty, worn, mismatched underwear?  It wasn’t romantic, it wasn’t “untamed”... it was a mating, like Nat’l Geographic without a “natural” setting; not that Cheryl and Josh banging one out in the underbrush on the side of the road bespoke any romance... 😳)

A plastic surgeon to undo the hideous effects of Lacy's fish lips and squinty eyes, what is going on with that face, geezus? 

Unfortunately, damage done through plastic surgery is not easily “undone”.  Again, choices.  Lacey signed up for that look, and however she did it, paid for it.  I can’t imagine a board-certified plastic surgeon “creating” that look.  That being said, and most plastic surgery being “elective”, they’ll always be someone,  somewhere, who will take your money, from the line of high-priced plastic surgeons who played their roles in the creation of such plastic surgery nightmares as Jocelyn Wildenstein (warning before you Google) and the late Michael Jackson (whose nose died several years before he did), to the women so desperate for discount plastic surgery that they allowed cooking and automative oils, solvents and “fillers” to be pumped into their faces, lips, buttocks (from the famous, like Priscilla Presley, to the cases of several not-famous women who have died).

Plastic Surgery “correction” has become a booming cottage industry just like tat removal (and artistic tat “covers”).  They’re all more expensive and “involved” than the original procedures.

Besides, in Lacey’s experience, her “talking sex doll look” has been lucrative.  Shane is wowed down to the DNA imprinted on his testosterone.  (We can all hope his tastes evolve and mature... 😳)

18 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

So much help is needed. 

So, so true.  But... consider... even if you assembled all the specialists, offered to professionally “remake” the LALers, each makeover specific to them, all free... what are the chances you think all, or any, would avail themselves of it?  I can picture at least some of them being proud of their “looks”, argue it showed their “life’s journey”, “rebel heart”, “free, independent, creative spirit”, all that stuff.  Remember, Alex’s tats are an alleged chronology of past lovers who “earned” (ick) their ink on his pasty, shaven body.  He’s proud of them.

• Love 5