Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Tertia Optio

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

Jack is granted permission from Senator Chapin to stay in Venezuela. President Reyes denies involvement in the events that are keeling Jack in the country. Meanwhile, Jack and Harry team up to follow a lead that could create dissension within the ranks.

I love Michael Kelly, let me get that out of the way first. He'll always be the competent Captain Patterson from Generation Kill to me, nevermind Doug Stamper.

Bishop took the cookie jar down to put in more cash, and I was freaking out when he didn't put it back up. It's the little things...

Jack responds that he's single in the car when Mike is trying to get some conversation going, so I guess Cathy's not on the radar.

Also excited to see Jaqen H'ghar, as always.

• Love 3

Bath tub scene, from the Chris Pine movie.

I loved the recruitment of Bishop. Hell Week ain't the end all and be all. Audie Murphy was turned down by almost every service in 1942 before enlistments closed down.

21 hours ago, mledawn said:

Bishop took the cookie jar down to put in more cash, and I was freaking out when he didn't put it back up. It's the little things...

Jack responds that he's single in the car when Mike is trying to get some conversation going, so I guess Cathy's not on the radar.

So I didn't misinterpret those were Jack's kids in the first episode and we did a big time jump?

Edited by Raja
23 hours ago, Raja said:

I loved the recruitment of Bishop. Hell Week ain't the end all and be all. Audie Murphy was turned down by almost every service in 1942 before enlistments closed down.

So I didn't misinterpret those were Jack's kids in the first episode and we did a big time jump?

I think those were the senator’s kids.

• Love 3
On 11/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, Raja said:

Those were pretty clearly his late friend’s children. What makes you think they were Jack’s kids when he’s plainly stated he’s a) single (not “divorced”) and b) Cathy isn’t even acknowledged, or likely even exist in this iteration of the story? 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1

This just isn't very good, is it? The first season wasn't great but I thought they might improve the writing for season two.

But it alternates between the worst, most predictable fucking cliches and non-sequitur scenes that I can't even pay attention to.

When they had Jack tearfully call a US senator's wife to tell her that her husband was assassinated on foreign soil, I almost switched off. Come the fuck on! One, Jack is too emotional to ever be making that call and putting the wife through even more distress as she tries to figure out what happened and two, there's no fucking way that anyone in the US State Department lets a random intel analyst break the news about a senator's assassination.

I got as far as super badass Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but that's enough.Think I'll try Treadstone instead.

The Good: Tom Wlaschiha (still love Jaqen H'ghar) and Michael Kelly                                    The Bad: Noomi Rapace

Why would Jack think its a good idea to pick up a woman in the bar and bring her back to his room with all of his sensitive documents lying around? Sigh...

Harriet - or whatever her name turns out to be - annoys me to no end. She has told Jack about a zillion different stories and we are only on episode 2. There are a lot of side plot lines - Bishop and "Jeff Spicoli", the guys in the jungle, Ubarri - which I hope all come together but, right now, it is a bit disjointed.

My love for John Krasinski and Wendell Pierce keep me watching this show.

• Love 2