Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Dressed to Kill

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

Relieved of duty in Venezuela, Jack follows a new trail to London and seeks the help of MI5, only to discover the man he's after is also after him. Back in Venezuela, Reyes makes Gloria an offer.

As soon as I saw that piece of equipment in the container, I said "drill bit" to my husband. I'm surprised this is not something Jack would already know given his job but I guess it's expected that not many people watching the show would know that. I didn't know what the gel tubes were, nor if this is all made up science because I am not a chemist.

How oblivious are these politician's wives? How can they not see the civil unrest, or what kind of people their husbands are!? 

Was that old dude Senator in the first series? I can't remember.

Jaqen sewed his own eye up!? Good lord.
Also, YAY for Rupert from Buffy!

• Love 2

I hope it picks up otherwise this season would be a dud. We are already halfway through.

I just can't get into the political unrest of Venezuela. I don't find it compelling in the least. Plus the new side chick is not cutting it for me. I like the girl from last season, whatever happened to her 

Not sure if it was this episode or the previous one where Jack called the Senator to get help to go to London instead of back to DC, but there was some serious #badDCgeography during that call. 

In about 4 minutes, the Senator walks from the old FBI building in downtown DC (9th and Pennsylvania Ave NW), to Russell Senate Building (a good mile away). And then hilariously from Russell he crosses the street to the Eisenhower Executive Office Building (EEOB, right by the White House).  Except that's a 2 mile walk in real life.  

• Useful 3
On 12/5/2019 at 11:46 PM, Mr. R0b0t said:

So Jaqen can outrun jack and make those leaps with those leg wounds having happened so recently?  This show looks so good, but they scrimping on the writing.  

That was weird. It was also weird that Jack didn't think to try and shoot him until they were in a crowd of people. I kept wondering why he didn't try for a shot when they were on the roof but figured MI5  took his gun.

Jaqen - once again - is the most interesting character in the show.

The writing is a big fail so far this season. I’m not particularly invested in the mining/drill bits in the jungle or whatever is going on there. Time to connect it to the rest of the story before it becomes a long run for a short slide. Reyes is a bore. They are trying too hard to make him appear menacing but - so far - he is a lot of dialogue. Of course, Greer has an “undefined” heart condition.

Harry and her multiple identities and missions is a confusing mess.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:46 PM, Mr. R0b0t said:

So Jaqen can outrun jack and make those leaps with those leg wounds having happened so recently?  This show looks so good, but they scrimping on the writing.  Noomi Rapace is much more than a rando side chick.

When she was dressing after spending the night with Ryan, I kept looking for a large dragon tattoo.