Type keyword(s) to search

The Halloween Franchise

Joe Hellandback
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, MyMaui said:

Should have bee the 2018 ending!

I doubt anyone other than the people who made money from the second and third parts of the trilogy disagrees.

2018 was an even better ending to the Laurie/Michael saga than H20 had been, and it's better than Ends (while 95% of Ends is utterly forgettable, it does have a good ending, just not as good as 2018).  But Ends is infinitely better than Resurrection, which had already ruined H20, so even though I wish 2018 had been a stand-alone, I'd far rather have this trilogy of diminishing returns than leave Resurrection as the last we saw of Laurie. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, MyMaui said:

Ok after watching the trilogy of Halloween. Here is what I thought of Ends. 

We see Laurie writing what is her book which is fine. We want to see her life with Michael.

Next we go to a new character NO ONE knows about but still ok maybe Michael will show up. Sadly no he doesn't. What happens is there is an accident. Horrible as it is, it's an accident. We do not know of the baby sitters past at all. He is new and just appears. We don't know if he is evil and had any thoughts of evil. How could we he was added. Mind you Michael was evil from the start the 1978 movie and the Rob Zombie movie. We saw he was evil. This movie we don't see it until Michael looks at this new character.

So we now are to assume Michael looking at someone turns them evil? And this is half way thru the movie Michael makes an appearance. We still have to endure the new character, with no background from any movie, goes on. All this is is him getting back at the 4 who taunted him.

Ok fine, now we have Corey 'teaching' Michael how to fight. Um it's 4 years later and Kills had the guy end being a bad ass and he now has to be taught how to fight? okaaaaay. We see a tag team kill. Wow.

Meanwhile the grandaughter is so in love with this killer?How? Why? So much so that she spits on Laurie and leaves?

Then comes the final 20 minutes. LOL. Corey shows up in Michaels mask. Yeah that would be a smart choice. He then puts a knife in his throat if he can't have the grandaughter. She sees and runs. Coward. Of course enter Michael now. Kills Corey and takes his mask back. There is a 5 minute fight between Laurie and Michael. She wins and he is then put in the car crusher. Mask on table for show. Who will take over. Surprise! It ends with her book.

False advertisement for me. They made this a battle between Michael and Laurie and it wasn't. 5 minutes isn't the movie. Jamie Lee got her ending for Laurie with her writing a book and 'killing' Michael but it wasn't a show down like they said it was.

They should have ended with 2018. Laurie got him and trapped him. I blame the guys who wrote this. They ended a trilogy with a weak but it's a character perspective movie. I think they should not have done the trilogy if they ended with this.  Should have bee the 2018 ending!

Great summary. Nothing in this movie made sense. Every character move was to move the plot along, which wouldn’t have been bad if the plot actually made sense. This is two hours I won’t get back but at least I didn’t pay to see this train wreck. 

15 hours ago, Hiyo said:

But isn't Resurrection in a different timeline?

Yes, once 2018 came along and said none of the sequels actually happened.  Until then, Resurrection, in its undoing of the great ending to H20, was the end of Laurie.

I just watched an Honest Trailer and decided to see if they did one for Halloween Ends (they'd done one for the first two parts of the trilogy [and the original]), but they didn't bother, heh.  The Pitch Meeting guys took it on though:

• LOL 1