Type keyword(s) to search

What would we like the Couchies to watch?

I think Botched would provide a ton of snark-worthy moments for the Couchers (Couchees?).

Also, I would say yes to Once Upon a Time, Big Brother, Married At First Sight, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

Congratulations!  15 months later, you win the internet!

Have they never watched Big Brother?

• Love 2

Out of curiosity, and because I'm feeling extremely unmotivated at work, I decided to go back through the episodes this season and see whether they favor shows from certain networks.  Considering Bravo's parent also owns NBC, USA, Syfy, Oxygen, Esquire and Telemundo, among others, I assumed I'd see a definite favoring of shows on those networks.  What I found...?  Not really.  There's always a Bravo show on each episode, but they've actually covered less NBC shows than shows on ABC.  I wonder if certain networks refuse to allow them to air clips from their shows (for example, have they ever done an HBO or Showtime show?).  Anyway, here's a summary from the current season -- the number in the parentheses is the episode number.

ABC
Dancing with the Stars (5)
How to Get Away with Murder (2)
The Muppets (1)
Scandal (1)
Shark Tank (4)
Wicked City (5)

A&E
Married at First Sight (3)

Amazon
Red Oaks (4)

AMC
The Walking Dead (3)

Bravo
Don't Be Tardy (4)
Ladies of London (3)
Manzo'd with Children (5)
Million Dollar Listing LA (1)
Real Housewives of Atlanta (6)
Real Housewives of New Jersey (2)

CBS
The Amazing Race (1)
Madame Secretary (2)
Supergirl (5)
Survivor (2)

Cinemax
The Knick (4)

Comedy Central
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah (1)
Drunk History (4)

The CW
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (3)
Jane the Virgin (4)

Destination America
Exorcism Live (6)

Discovery
Naked and Afraid (6)

E!
Botched (2)
Keeping Up with the Kardashians (2)

Food Network
Cutthroat Kitchen (5)

Fox
Empire (1)
Grandfathered (1)
Master Chef Junior (6)

FX
Fargo (3)

GSN
Hellevator (5)

Hallmark
Hero Dog Awards (5)

Lifetime
Little Women LA (3)
The Unauthorized Beverly Hills 90214 Story (2) (obviously, it should be 90210, but Bravo seriously lists it as 90214….proofread people!)

Nat Geo Wild
Vet School (3)

NBC
Best Time Ever (4)
Blindspot (6)
Saturday Night Live – Amy Schumer (3)
The Voice (2)

Oxygen
Pretty Strong (5)

Starz
Ash vs. Evil Dead (6)

TLC
Coach Charming (6)
Love At First Swipe (1)
Sex in Public (4)

TNT
Agent X (6)

• Love 1

I want a classic Holiday episode: the Grinch, Charlie Brown, Rudolph!

Julie and Brandi calling out Santa for being a dick and bashing Pee Wee for being worthless by not dragging a sleigh ladened with ill-gotten gain up and down mountains like poor Max.

It would be gold.

• Love 2

The Pioneer Woman on Food Network because I think most of them would have some great and hilarious insight on the likes of Ree Drummond and her tens canned goods in a pot with butter, cream sour cream and grated cheese and accompanied by salsa.

They should make a 'best of the cancelled shows'.  Have them make sure to watch all those new shows that bad word of mouth already has in trouble even before the first show airs and often don't get past a second or third episode.  Considering how many shows get the axe by the end of the spring cycle of TPC, you could do a cycle ending episode that does all the clever quips as a sort of In Memoriam tongue in cheek homage to the shows that died an early death.  Complete with cheesy ballad playing and awkward applause of death popularity meter.  I know the show is devoted to being about what people were watching the previous week but this is a show where you watch on television, people watching television.  I think there is room for some flexibility!

I mentioned politics in the main thread, but I could refine that and just make a point of having them watch the latest breaking scandal in terms of news coverage.  Nothing tragic.  But maybe watch the likes of Morning Joe be forced to talk about the latest antics of Kanye West or Justin Beiber or some politician who was caught once again with pants around the ankles.  I sometimes think the US is a bit too vapid sometimes and if I have to sit through the overly gross freak shows I wouldn't mind a still snide and snarky look at things beyond the scripted or "reality".

Oh yes, I want to see the boys' reaction to Kavan Smith and the outfits his character wears on that show. (When I first saw stills I assumed he must be playing a rare flamboyantly gay character in 1910 frontier Canada, but now I think he's just supposed to be color blind and no one in the town has remarked upon the fact.)

Kavan Smith 1.jpg

Kavan Smith 3.jpg

Kavan Smith 2.jpg

Kavan Smith 4.jpg

Kavan Smith 5.jpg

• Love 2
On 5/18/2016 at 8:58 AM, Bruinsfan said:

Oh yes, I want to see the boys' reaction to Kavan Smith and the outfits his character wears on that show. (When I first saw stills I assumed he must be playing a rare flamboyantly gay character in 1910 frontier Canada, but now I think he's just supposed to be color blind and no one in the town has remarked upon the fact.)

*DEAD*

... and yet choking on iced tea. Dead and choking.

• Love 1

The Eurovision Song Contest. Just because Gogglebox Australia did it and the results were underwhelming because the Aussie couchies knew exactly what to expect. Americans with no prior experience with that particular level of batshittery? Spectacular.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SnideAsides said:

The Eurovision Song Contest. Just because Gogglebox Australia did it and the results were underwhelming because the Aussie couchies knew exactly what to expect. Americans with no prior experience with that particular level of batshittery? Spectacular.

Oooh, I like this idea, Snideasides. Fingers crossed this happens. They did air 5 hours of the Eurovision finale on Logo, so they could watch some of it.

• Love 1

I'd love to see them have to watch some televised sports event from a sport that nobody cares about in the US. Just for the shits and giggles caused by them trying to figure out the rules of, like, water polo or equestrian or Australian rules football.

• Love 1

I'll be honest, I'll watch them watching any old show on tv, regardless of whether I've heard of it or not. As long as this show stays on the air, I don't care what they watch. The editors are so good at editing down what they are watching (and their reactions), that I feel like I can keep up with anything.

• Love 5
On 5/30/2016 at 2:58 AM, SnideAsides said:

I'd love to see them have to watch some televised sports event from a sport that nobody cares about in the US. Just for the shits and giggles caused by them trying to figure out the rules of, like, water polo or equestrian or Australian rules football.

Bravo could do a sports episode this summer, as part of brand synergy across the NBCUniversal platform, with the Olympics coming up.  I'd love to see some ruby, table tennis, and trampoline competition commentary.

• Love 2

The Olympics would be epic. Can you imagine them watching the opening ceremonies? And some of the ridiculous sports? That'd be really fantastic actually.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, glowlights said:

Because I'm mean, I would like the kids on People's Couch Junior to watch the same shows the adults watched. :)

I see your mean and raise you a shitty:  I don't want to watch kids watching tv at all.  I'm already a parent. 

• Love 4

^^ I don't want to watch kids watching tv, either, especially if they're going to be cutesy-poo. But having them watch the S&M scene in Billions might teach their parents not to let their kids work for Andy Cohen.

• Love 7