Type keyword(s) to search

What would we like the Couchies to watch?

There's always new shows debuting or returning, what would you guys like to see on The Peoples couch?

For example: I would love to see them watch in the next year:

Doctor Who

Once Upon a Time

Arrow (just to see the bff's (the gays who happen to be my favorites) drool over Oliver's abs)

The Flash

Vampire Diaries

Agent Carter

Downton Abby

anything you guys wanna add?

I think Botched would provide a ton of snark-worthy moments for the Couchers (Couchees?).

Also, I would say yes to Once Upon a Time, Big Brother, Married At First Sight, and Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

I avoid the grotesque shows like I Have What Lodged in my Urethra?! So Botched is definitely off my list.  I also would like less of the talent contest shows since I avoid those as well. 

I would love more SciFi (or is it Syfy now?) made for TV movies though even if they are ridiculously gratuitous in terms of gore and violence. 

I'm sad they are having a "season" and it just ended as the new FYI network has a show called Married at First sight and I figure that would be great viewing. 

I want to watch Drunk History with the two women and the black family every single week.

• Love 1

Married at First Sight will most likely be on the lineup. How could it not?

I guess it depends on when Married at First Sight ends and whether it's before Season 2 of TPC starts filming again.

I avoid the grotesque shows like I Have What Lodged in my Urethra?! So Botched is definitely off my list.  I also would like less of the talent contest shows since I avoid those as well. 

I would love more SciFi (or is it Syfy now?) made for TV movies though even if they are ridiculously gratuitous in terms of gore and violence. 

I'm sad they are having a "season" and it just ended as the new FYI network has a show called Married at First sight and I figure that would be great viewing. 

I want to watch Drunk History with the two women and the black family every single week.

Yes, I was disappointed that last night's show was the "Season Finale."  I wonder if they'll keep the same people and/or add any new people for Season 2. 

Botched isn't that bad in terms of shows that might make you squeamish and some of the patients are really off the wall, so it would seem like a good candidate for TPC. 

I don't really watch anything that's Sci Fi, but I know that new Halle Berry show is coming out (Extant), so I wouldn't be surprised if they covered that one.

Since I love Top Chef, I hope they watch at least one episode of the upcoming season on TPC.

• Love 1

Since the show is returning in a couple of weeks, I did think of a few more shows for them to watch:

Sons of Anarchy (just to watch the freakouts over the violence and shirtless Jax)

American Horror Story: Freak Show (they did AHS last year, but you just know they'll watch)

Outlander (when it returns)

Glee (just to say how far the show has fallen (and I'm a diehard Gleek and proud of it, but even I'm convinced the last season is going to be a train wreck from what spoilers I've read))

Faking it (the BBF (the gay guys) would go nuts over this show)

Teen Wolf (just for somebody to say "Hey, it's that guy from The Maze Runner movie")

Edited by madhacker

They shouldn't do any more shows about Big, Serious Topics like The Normal Heart.  I liked The Normal Heart, but that movie was way too earnest for The People's Couch.  I agree with heebiejeebie, any of the SyFy movies were made for this show (ridiculous monsters, cheap special effects, over-the-top acting).

Big Brother, How To Get Away With Murder, Sleepy Hollow, Galavant, iZombie, Married at First Sight

Stalker, American Horror Story: Freak Show

Jane The Virgin, Z Nation, Euros of Hollywood

Edited by Chrissytd

They did watch Orphan Black last season.

I guess I got my wish because they watched My Cat from Hell.

I still want them to watch Naked and Afraid.  Or Naked Dating.  The snark on the nakedness would be great.

• Love 1

They did watch Orphan Black last season.

I guess I got my wish because they watched My Cat from Hell.

I still want them to watch Naked and Afraid.  Or Naked Dating.  The snark on the nakedness would be great.

They did watch some nudist real estate show, once.  I seem to remember the old gals making some funny comments ...

• Love 1

Guys I just read the show will be returning on Tuesday Oct 6th at 10pm!! Yep and everybody will be back for the new season. So, what would we like them to watch and comment on? My choices are:

Fear the Walking Dead

The Flash

Agent Carter

Game of Thrones (it's just too bad we didn't get to see them freak out at the season finale like the rest of us)

The X-Files

Heroes Reborn

American Horror Story: Hotel (just to watch the gay besties reaction to Gaga)

The Muppets

Blindspot

• Love 3

Kimmel did a bit in his monologue this week mocking the trend of people watching other people play video games. I thought of us. :)

I mentioned TPC to a friend last year and he still brings it up every so often to tease me. He honestly could not believe anyone would watch such a show. Hey, I assumed it was odd too, before I gave it a try. The millions of views for You Tube videos showing people's reactions to new foods or whatever must indicate some level of worldwide popularity.

I will grant that 90% of my enjoyment depends on the personalities of and interactions between the couchers. The casting (couch!) is everything.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 4