Type keyword(s) to search

HOTD In The Media: News From The Citadel

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I’m very disappointed that so many important scenes ended up on the cutting room floor. 

https://apple.news/A35nwBwYNTyCyxC6A1OS4XQ

That was a good scene! I don’t know why they cut it. I would’ve prefered that one than footage of the stillbirth (they could’ve shown Rhaenyra cramping and then cut to a bundle to indicate the baby died). This one pushes the narrative more.  

• Applause 4
17 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Someone on Youtube is making a lot of videos on him and the comments are crazy. Like they should just go take  a cold shower at this rate.😂

Youtube, huh?  Doesn't sound suitable for work, though, so I guess I'll have to wait until I get home. 😍

• Wink 2
  • LOL 1

Hello All,

I am new here but wanted everyone who is a fan of House Of Dragons, please show your support for Emma D'Arcy for her Golden Globe nomination in HOD.  PLEASE pass the word on and watch the show on HBO. Also pass the word on to help her win the Golden Globe.  She deserves it.  Thank You for the support.

• Useful 1
On 1/6/2023 at 7:17 PM, magdalene said:

It's been confirmed that HOTD won't return until summer 2004.

Erm. I meant 2024, still quite a while from now.

I was just going to ask if any ravens had arrived with news of S02, then I saw this. Alas...There is such a thing as too much time in between seasons, and this is it.

20 hours ago, gingerella said:

I was just going to ask if any ravens had arrived with news of S02, then I saw this. Alas...There is such a thing as too much time in between seasons, and this is it.

I know.  I'm gonna run out of things in which to see Ewan Mitchell way before then.  And I'll probably have re-watched all of GOT by THIS summer, damn it.

• Like 2
On 3/29/2023 at 9:05 AM, cambridgeguy said:

Looks like season 2 will only be 8 episodes

The article mentions that they're still going back and forth about whether they need 3 or 4 seasons to tell the story.  There are a few logical places to finish season 2 if they want to end with a bang.

I can't imagine them wanting to use a particular battle before the end of season 3, so I think they will really need 4 seasons. 

(edited)
On 4/1/2023 at 5:18 PM, magdalene said:

A resounding meh! having the second season reduced from 10 episodes to only 8. Not exactly a vote of confidence, is it now?

Depends on how many seasons they expect, I think.  Plus, given the viewing numbers HBO got for the first season, they probably have a great deal of confidence in season 2.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Like 2

Let’s just hope that no matter what happens for Season 2 or beyond, we don’t have anymore Alicent/Larys “footsie” scenes…..that visual was more off putting that either of the childbirth scenes in ep 1 or ep 10….just saying…

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Archangel said:

Let’s just hope that no matter what happens for Season 2 or beyond, we don’t have anymore Alicent/Larys “footsie” scenes…..that visual was more off putting that either of the childbirth scenes in ep 1 or ep 10….just saying…

gross james van der beek GIF

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Some filming updates for S2:

• Filming is underway in England, Spain, and Wales
  • Filming is expected to wrap in October 2023
  • The premiere is sometime in summer of 20-freaking-24 (which we already knew, I think)
  • There will be 8 episodes, with no time jumps
  • S3 is already mapped out
  • And the best news of all? Five - count 'em - f-i-v-e new dragons are set to appear 🔥
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 3/15/2023 at 11:48 AM, proserpina65 said:

I know.  I'm gonna run out of things in which to see Ewan Mitchell way before then.  And I'll probably have re-watched all of GOT by THIS summer, damn it.

I already watched all of Ewan's work. Did you watch world on fire?, there is suppose to be World on Fire season 2 in June.

• Useful 1
On 5/3/2023 at 1:44 PM, Nicmar said:

I already watched all of Ewan's work. Did you watch world on fire?, there is suppose to be World on Fire season 2 in June.

Yes, I've watched it more than once.  Hoping it hits the local PBS station this summer.  I've watched everything I can easily get my hands on, so now I'm going to have to hunt for things on various streaming services.  Not sure I can watch High Life, though; it sounds horribly bleak.

I don't know if you've read the interview he did for The Face, but if you did, you'll get why I found a particular line in last night's Young Sheldon so funny: "I hope you like 7 sugars".

• LOL 1
On 5/5/2023 at 9:14 AM, proserpina65 said:

Yes, I've watched it more than once.  Hoping it hits the local PBS station this summer.  I've watched everything I can easily get my hands on, so now I'm going to have to hunt for things on various streaming services.  Not sure I can watch High Life, though; it sounds horribly bleak.

I don't know if you've read the interview he did for The Face, but if you did, you'll get why I found a particular line in last night's Young Sheldon so funny: "I hope you like 7 sugars".

lol I did read the face interview, 7 sugars is alot lol. High Life, I fast forward to parts where Ewan was in and when he was killed, I turned it off just like Trigger point.

4 hours ago, Nicmar said:

lol I did read the face interview, 7 sugars is alot lol. High Life, I fast forward to parts where Ewan was in and when he was killed, I turned it off just like Trigger point.

I'm surprised he wasn't bouncing off the walls. 🤪

I may just try your method for watching High Life, since he's in his skivvies in it.  I did finish Trigger Point but only because I wanted to know if I was right about the identity of the bomber.  (I was.)

• Useful 1
On 5/10/2023 at 6:29 PM, proserpina65 said:

I'm surprised he wasn't bouncing off the walls. 🤪

I may just try your method for watching High Life, since he's in his skivvies in it.  I did finish Trigger Point but only because I wanted to know if I was right about the identity of the bomber.  (I was.)

High Life he actually takes his clothes off but you only see the back side for a moment lol. Who was the bomber?

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Nicmar said:

High Life he actually takes his clothes off but you only see the back side for a moment lol. Who was the bomber?

Okay, definitely gotta watch it now, lol.

Spoiler

Carl, the extremely convenient, highly trained friend of the sister.

Edited by proserpina65
spoilered just in case
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Photos are starting to arrive from the locations for Season 2, but be careful what you click on if you want to avoid spoilers.

https://watchersonthewall.com/hotd-season2-filming-spain-shocking-deaths/

https://winteriscoming.net/2023/05/16/ash-streets-filming-house-dragon-season-2-continues/

https://winteriscoming.net/2023/05/18/video-grim-procession-set-house-of-the-dragon-season-2/

The video from winteriscoming.net has spoilers.  The article from the same source does not.  The article from watchersonthewall.com starts non-spoilery and does have a warning before they start with book info.

This one does have a major spoiler in the headline:

• Thanks 2
On 5/19/2023 at 10:14 AM, proserpina65 said:

Photos are starting to arrive from the locations for Season 2, but be careful what you click on if you want to avoid spoilers.

https://watchersonthewall.com/hotd-season2-filming-spain-shocking-deaths/

https://winteriscoming.net/2023/05/16/ash-streets-filming-house-dragon-season-2-continues/

https://winteriscoming.net/2023/05/18/video-grim-procession-set-house-of-the-dragon-season-2/

The video from winteriscoming.net has spoilers.  The article from the same source does not.  The article from watchersonthewall.com starts non-spoilery and does have a warning before they start with book info.

This one does have a major spoiler in the headline:

I saw some behind the scene pictures, but also some of the actors Emma Darcey, Olivia Cooke, Fabian Frankel, and Ewan Mitchell sitting on a bench looking serious lol😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Nicmar said:

saw some behind the scene pictures, but also some of the actors Emma Darcey, Olivia Cooke, Fabian Frankel, and Ewan Mitchell sitting on a bench looking serious lol😁

Ooh, ooh, where???  I haven't seen any of Ewan in Spain this time yet.  (And have been dying over that, believe me!)

• Like 1
On 5/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, proserpina65 said:

Ooh, ooh, where???  I haven't seen any of Ewan in Spain this time yet.  (And have been dying over that, believe me!)

Its on a page on Twitter called Its Time for Ewan Mitchell, but there is someone on youtbe who posts every day about Ewan her user name is cyeco 13. I usually go to the youtube channel and because Twitter is too chaotic for me

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nicmar said:

Its on a page on Twitter called Its Time for Ewan Mitchell, but there is someone on youtbe who posts every day about Ewan her user name is cyeco 13. I usually go to the youtube channel and because Twitter is too chaotic for me

Thanks for the info.  I've seen that page but haven't frequented it.  Guess I will now.  (Oh crap, I'm probably going to end up joining Twitter, and Ewan himself isn't even on there. 🥴)

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I looked on the Twitter page and the only photos I could find appear to have been from the filming of season one.  Will have to check youtube, though.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Emmy nominations are out.  HOTD got one for best drama but no acting nominations at all.  Paddy Considine, Emma D'arcy and Olivia Cooke got robbed.

I'm in shock that Paddy Considine wasn't nominated. Sometimes I wonder if they actually watch shows because how on earth does this happen? It's also annoying how two shows basically dominated the drama categories for acting. 

I think Emma took herself out of consideration but what's the excuse for not nominating Olivia Cooke? 

Very disappointing. I hope this show gets more love in the future  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I find the lack of major nominations past Best Drama to be stunning. A show like Yellowjackets, which was a complete train wreck this past season got more awards love which to me indicates the voters didn't actually watch it. Succession winning another Best Drama is not a surprise to me. It deserves it and the actors nominated for supporting actor are all worthy. But I would substitute any one of them for Paddy Considine, that's how great he was on HOTD. It feels to me that his performance has been almost intentionally overlooked. I'm also not a fan of two shows getting cluster nominations in one category.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

I'm in shock that Paddy Considine wasn't nominated. Sometimes I wonder if they actually watch shows because how on earth does this happen? It's also annoying how two shows basically dominated the drama categories for acting. 

I think Emma took herself out of consideration but what's the excuse for not nominating Olivia Cooke? 

Very disappointing. I hope this show gets more love in the future  

They managed to nominate practically the entire cast of freaking White Lotus and couldn't managed one slot for Paddy at least.  Does indeed make me wonder if the Emmy voters watch the shows at all.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Maybe they favor American actors or at least those who live in Hollywood, with the Emmy voters.

I'm guessing actors socialize or run into some of the Emmy voters now and then.

• Useful 2

HOTD_062023_Credit-Theo-Whitman_0564.jpg
Emma D’Arcy as Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen
HOTD_060223_Credit-Ollie-Upton_0304.jpg
Rhys Ifans as Ser Otto Hightower and Olivia Cooke as Queen Alicent Hightower
HOTD_052423_Credit-Theo-Whitman_0390.jpg
Olivia Cooke as Queen Alicent Hightower
HOTD_062223_Credit-Ollie-Upton_2318.jpg
Ewan Mitchell as Prince Aemond Targaryen
HOTD_310823_Credit-Ollie-Upton_2554.jpg
Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys
HOTD_050323_Credit-Ollie-Upton_0607.jpg
Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen
HOTD_051923_Credit-Ollie-Upton_0647.jpg
Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen and Emma D’Arcy as Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen

Clinton Liberty as Addam of Hull
Jamie Kenna as Ser Alfred Broome
Kieran Bew as Hugh
Tom Bennett as Ulf
Tom Taylor as Lord Cregan Stark
Vincent Regan as Ser Rickard Thorne

• Like 2