Type keyword(s) to search

HOTD In The Media: News From The Citadel

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, aghst said:

GRRM co-authors accused of racism.  One of them had complained of diversity casting in GoT and the Corlys role in HotD.

These accusations are um...not new, for anyone the least familiar with Linda and Elio. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SilverStormm said:

Older Aegon looks nothing like his younger self. Based on appearance alone, I far preferred Ty Tennant in the role. Aemond One-Eye now looks like a classic villain lol.

And Older Aegon doesn't look that much older, if at all, than Younger Aegon in photos. Perhaps the difference be more noticeable in the episode.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Seriously though, the way the show has chosen to have older Aemond appear - tell me you're a villain without telling me you're a villain. Lol, I see you show.

I believe the word you're looking for is "badass".

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Old aegons face is so punchable. Im not getting alcoholic vibes from him, but the rest work. Even though aemond looks like a dark version of daemon. I believe they're definitely trying to tell us something

• Like 2

My favorite observations

One outlier in the show is Larys Strong and I thought this was important. He has abandoned the house colors of red, blue and green in favor of wearing a shade of purple. I'd even thought it appears to be Tyrian purple which is a reddish purple natural dye produced from the mucus by predatory sea snails...

LOL

And when discussing Rhaenyra and Daemon's wedding outfits

...the kimono itself must be worn left over right. Only dead people have their kimonos worn right over left. So in the Game of Thrones universe and House of the Dragon, they are wearing their kimonos like the dead. Take what you will from that.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, jeansheridan said:

Why would put on a wig securely take two hours! Also a broken hip! How is he moving?

Did you ever watch Game of Thrones: The Last Watch?  They show the process of getting Emilia prepped and into her Daenerys wig.  I work in the film industry and have seen how long certain hair and make-up effects take so I believe the two hours could be accurate.  The prep of getting the skull cap on properly prior to the wig, takes time.

Re: the broken hip - I was never able to find a cause, just that it happened during filming.  According to his Mom who posted about it on IG, Leo fractured his hip and was on bed rest from filming and school for 4 weeks:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW_Y1JAroTo/

Edited by go4luca
typos r us
  • Useful 2

I freely admit I wasn't certain I would like Emma Darcy.  That's how much I enjoyed watching Milly Alcock's interpretation of Rhaenyra.

But Emma has happily surprised me and with each passing episode, I enjoy her Rhaenyra even more.

For me, this brief clip only adds to Emma's likeability and my already cemented admiration of actor Matt Smith.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

I freely admit I wasn't certain I would like Emma Darcy.  That's how much I enjoyed watching Milly Alcock's interpretation of Rhaenyra.

But Emma has happily surprised me and with each passing episode, I enjoy her Rhaenyra even more.

For me, this brief clip only adds to Emma's likeability and my already cemented admiration of actor Matt Smith.

they are so awesome.  I knew Matt Smith is special before he ever took this role.

Edited by magdalene
fixed the pronouns to show respect
  • Love 4
Just now, magdalene said:

She is so awesome.  I knew Matt Smith is special before he ever took this role.

Emma really is.  I love how humble she is in this short clip.  Funny too.

Re: Matt - same.  I really enjoyed his performance in The Crown.  Learning how generous he is to his fellow actors is icing on the cake for me.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

There's a lot of fan art for HOTD floating around.  Some good some ehhm.....interesting.  But this one caught my eye as I really love the artist's style and capture of Aemond.  The artist's name is Aleksandra Skiba.

Aemond_Aleksandra Skiba_PT.jpg

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

New York Times interview with Fabien Frankel (Criston Cole)

Q: They’re (Criston and Aemond) also the two coolest characters on the Green side, to be honest.

A: Oh, mate, I’m loving you saying that. I’m very Team Green, and proud of it. That’s kind of how I’m programmed to think now. I’m glad to hear there’s some love for the Greens out there. I think we are a force to be reckoned with. It’s a good solid crew. I’d back us in a street fight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/arts/television/house-of-the-dragon-fabien-frankel.html

• Thanks 1

I really enjoy Emma's interviews - I'd love for the show to use them a little more often in press promotion next season, if they're comfortable with that (I believe the Aemond actor is notoriously private, so I'm not sure we'll hear a ton from him, but Emma does seem happy enough to do these little clips). Emma has put a lot of thought into the Rhaenyra character, and it's interesting to hear. 

Matt Smith 😍

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LanceM said:

Just a warning to everyone but apparently episode 10 has leaked so I would avoid social media the next few days if you do want to get spoiled.

Definitely heed this warning if you don't like spoilers.  I personally don't mind minor ones but just saw a major one (I already knew about it but still) and really wish I hadn't.  This was on Twitter so stay away from that place for sure.

• Thanks 1

New interview with Matt Smith re: portraying Daemon

Smith does think that Daemon has some kind of moral compass, even if it’s only clear to himself. “I think he has a sense of duty to his family, weirdly. I think he’d lie on his sword for his brother or Rhaenyra. He’s got a weird moral compass — perverse and strange, but nevertheless, there is a set of laws that he’s guided by. Where he feels alive is in that lane of chaos and anxiety and madness. He lives on a knife’s edge, all the time.”

Edited by go4luca
added quote
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1