Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
scarynikki12

Green Arrow & The Canaries

I am kind of surprised it hasn't been picked up yet. They gave the backdoor pilot every chance they could to make it succeed and I feel like it did about as well as they could hope for. People seemed to like it, and that's about as much assurance as you can get about a new show - at least it's a known quantity and not such a gamble. 

I wonder what they're waiting for/when they'll announce it. 

• Like 1

I guess they didn't love it enough to pick it up with S&L/Walker and are now waiting to see how their other pilots come out? Including the 100 prequel. Or are wondering whether they finally have too many DC shows with Stargirl airing this summer? 

It could end up like the SPN spin off, fairly well received but no real enthusiasm for Pedowitz and beaten out by the somewhat similar Legacies. 

Something's happening that they can't say (yet) and the paps clearly don't have a clue either way. Maybe it is some reshoots or additional scenes. 

4 hours ago, tv echo said:
From pap...

From Beth...

Didn't he say back in the day that it was already unofficially picked up? But now the paps dont know

They may be doing a second pilot or the trailer thing that LOT did but I think the main reason it hasn't been picked up is that it won't be part of the fall 2020 lineup so there's no reason to rush. I think it will be either midseason or fall 2021 and we'll get the details at the upfronts.

It's possible that they are also waiting because of the movie's release and only want it to be the story right now. By uprfronts the movie will be closer to the DVD release so the spinoff can be part of the news cycle without automatically inviting comparisons between them. There are going to be comparisons either way but there'd be way more if they were in the same news cycle.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Based on Friday's box office, the Harley Quinn Birds of Prey movie's opening box office this weekend is projecting lower than expected - in the $33M to $35M range (instead of the expected $50M)...
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-birds-prey-4m-previews-1277086

I wonder if this will affect this spinoff's chances of getting a series order? Or, even if this spinoff is green-lighted, I wonder if BoP's disappointing box office will cause TPTB to refocus the spinoff into more of a mixed-gender ensemble show?

Also, the success or failure of current new CW shows may affect whether or not this spinoff is picked up. So I took a look at the ratings for the premiere episode of Katy Keene, which debuted this week (Feb. 6), and they're nothing to write home about - 0.20 demo and 0.62M viewers,
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/katy-keene-season-one-ratings/

And here's a look at the 2019-20 season ratings for all CW TV shows so far - Katy Keene is in 11th place, Charmed* is in 12th place, and Nancy Drew is in 13th place:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cw-2019-20-season-ratings/

(* Another show about three women with powers.)

UPDATED ON FEB. 10, 2020: Birds of Prey opened well below projections with 33.2M weekend box office. This was the second lowest DC opening weekend box office of all time for WB (the lowest was Jonah Hex with $5.3M in 2010).
https://deadline.com/2020/02/birds-of-prey-weekend-box-office-margot-robbie-1202853768/ 

Edited by tv echo

Ask Matt: The End of 'Ray,' the Short Run of 'Evil,' CW's Crowded Slate & More
Matt Roush February 07, 2020
https://www.tvinsider.com/912537/ask-matt-ray-donovan-cancellation-evil-episodes-cw-series/

Does The CW Even Have Room for Canaries?
Question:
With The CW renewing every show that hasn't previously announced a final season, as well as with some straight-to-series pickups like Superman & Lois, and Walker, do the prospects of the Green Arrow & The Canaries spin-off seem slim? I would have imagined it would have been picked up by now, but after hearing nothing I'm starting to worry! — Marc

Matt Roush: It would be extremely out of character for The CW not to pick up yet another outgrowth of the Arrow-verse, so I wouldn't worry too much. Like most networks, CW is programming mostly year-round, so even if this doesn't make the fall lineup, they may want it to fill in for another show at next year's midseason. But should it not happen, don't you think The CW already has enough shows of this genre?

Edited by tv echo

11 hours ago, tv echo said:

I wonder if this will affect this spinoff's chances of getting a series order? Or, even if this spinoff is green-lighted, I wonder if BoP's disappointing box office will cause TPTB to refocus the spinoff into more of a mixed-gender ensemble show?

I don't think the movie affects anything. I think the decision has been made either way already.

Batwoman has done fairly well (#2 on the network), so they may want another female-led superhero show.

Not sure how legit he is...seems to be a Pap. Says that there is a possibility the show could move to HBOMax.  Or I guess CWTV as its being rumored that they will expand into exclusive streaming content.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Stephen Amell gives recommendations to fans grieving the end of ‘Arrow’, as the Green Arrow comes to C2E2
Darcel Rockett     Feb. 24, 2020
https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-ott-c2e2-stephen-amell-arrow-0228-20200224-kl6juvardvb2xfgnzxibvlfsri-story.html

Q: You left us with the Canaries and Diggle as the new Green Lantern, any chance of your guesting on any spinoffs as Oliver again?
A: No. I’m done playing the character.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

23 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Stephen Amell gives recommendations to fans grieving the end of ‘Arrow’, as the Green Arrow comes to C2E2
https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-ott-c2e2-stephen-amell-arrow-0228-20200224-kl6juvardvb2xfgnzxibvlfsri-story.html

That's understandable. However, I thought the main reason for making Oliver the Spectre was so that they could have their cake and eat it too; killing him off, but still having an option to bring Amell back for guest spots.

6 hours ago, Trini said:

That's understandable. However, I thought the main reason for making Oliver the Spectre was so that they could have their cake and eat it too; killing him off, but still having an option to bring Amell back for guest spots.

Maybe that was their hope, but it would require Amell to agree. I could maybe see him making an appearance in the Flash finale since he and Grant seemed to be close (and if it's not for a couple years). But he seems to be closing the door pretty firmly on this chapter of his life.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tv echo said:

Of course he says that at this moment in time. Give him 2-3 years and depending on his career....it could change. But I don't blame him on not wanting to guest on this show if it does get picked up, at least not right away. 

Incidentally, Katherine McNamara and Joseph David-Jones are scheduled to attend the same comic con in May - The Ultimates: Elseworlds, May 1-3, 2020 (Birmingham, UK).

Edited by tv echo

7 hours ago, tv echo said:

I’m wondering if the news of MB’s pregnancy and their rescheduling of filming (pushing as much of Supergirl’s next season’s filming to ASAP before a baby bump would be noticeable) will play a role in the decision on this.

It’s already been hinted from a few sources that MB wasn’t overjoyed with the move from LA to Vancouver and was probably only signed for six seasons to begin with.

Add a first baby in the mix and we could be looking at a potential shortened and final season next year and, the relevant point for this thread, a potential opening for another female led DC series (i.e. Superman & Lois replaces Arrow while GA&TC replaces Supergirl) without actually increasing the number on the air at the same time.

Well, production on other pilots are stopped right now because of the corona virus emergency. But this this potential show's pilot is already done, not sure if that's a point in its favor since production can't start anyway until things are back to normal.

Stephen Amell says he won't guest star on any Arrowverse show in the future: 'I'm done'
By Sydney Bucksbaum March 17, 2020 
https://ew.com/tv/stephen-amell-done-with-arrowverse-livestream/ 

While hosting an Instagram livestream on Tuesday to address his fans during coronavirus social distancing, he was asked if he'll ever appear on any of The CW's other DC superhero series now that Arrow has ended. "No, I’m done," he said with a smile. "That was good. It was a good eight years but it was time to be done."
And then he was asked about the upcoming potential Arrow spin-off series, Green Arrow and the Canaries which aired its pilot during the final season of Arrow and is still in contention for the 2021-2022 TV season, but he didn't have any new information on the show's future.

"I actually haven’t seen that episode because I wasn’t in it," he says. "I haven’t gotten around to watching it but I’m sure I will at some point."

Edited by tv echo

GREEN ARROW AND THE CANARIES NEEDS TO GET PICKED UP!
03-17-2020 by Andi Ortiz
https://younghollywood.com/scene/green-arrow-and-the-canaries-needs-to-get-picked-up.html 

There’s a whole quiver’s worth of reasons why the show deserves to make it, but let’s start with the obvious one: Katherine McNamara.
Thanks to "Shadowhunters", we’ve known for years now that McNamara can anchor a whole show. In fact, Clary Fray has a lot in common with post-crisis Mia Smoak.

They’re both thrown into a world that they have a deep history with but don’t actually know about. They’ve both grown up without a father, thus knowing deep loss. Lord knows they’ve both handled demons.

Katherine McNamara is intimately familiar with playing a hero. Please just let her keep doing it.
That said, Mia is more of an anti-hero – much like her father was when he first started. There’s a darkness and a complexity to her that we need to see more of on television, especially in a female character.

In this new universe, Mia is grappling with the reality she’s grown up with versus the truth that Dinah and Laurel restored to her.
But she’s not the only one. Her fiancé, formerly a villain of Star City 2040, has just been given his memories back too. They’re the Mr. and Mrs. Smith of the Arrowverse, which is a tantalizing glimpse into what the core ship of the show would be.

Even if it implodes in Episode 2, there’s another relationship that Green Arrow and the Canaries can stand on – the relationship it’s built on.
Right now, the future of the Arrowverse is looking very female. We’ve got Batwoman, Supergirl, and then there’s Sara Lance as captain of the Waverider in "Legends of Tomorrow". Thanks to "Crisis" putting them all on the same Earth, each city (or, you know, time period) has a badass woman looking after it.

Mia Smoak, Dinah Drake, and Laurel Lance should be the ones to handle Star City.

With Felicity officially out of the picture – no, I’m not ready to talk about it yet – Mia could use some Cool Aunt figures in her life.

Dinah and Laurel will take care of Oliver and Felicity’s daughter; it’s why they’re there in the first place. Without them, Mia seems destined for a less than ideal fate.

Plus, 2040 needs the Canary program to start back up. Things can’t stay perfect forever, right?
Do the right thing, CW, and give us the series pick-up. Mia needs to suit up again.

Edited by tv echo

While hosting an Instagram livestream on Tuesday to address his fans during coronavirus social distancing, he was asked if he'll ever appear on any of The CW's other DC superhero series now that Arrow has ended. "No, I’m done," he said with a smile. "That was good. It was a good eight years but it was time to be done."

How exhausting was it working on Arrow? Sounds like they'd have to back up two money trucks to get him to come back.

Stephen Amell's Instagram Story - March 17, 2020

(ARROWverse Russia)

-- SA (reading and answering fan question): "'Do you think you will cameo in other DC shows?' No, I'm done. It was good. It was a good eight years. But, uh, it was time to be done. Actually, I watched the premiere of, um, Roswell, New Mexico, last night, the second season, that my show Corrina, uh, created and runs... It was actually really, really weird to watch The CW again. A, because I don't typically watch it live. I typically like watched it, either director's cuts of Arrow or I would watch it on Apple TV. So it was just weird seeing the commercials and seeing promos for Supergirl and Flash and Batwoman and, uh - I don't know, feels like a different lifetime. But I don't think that I will be doing that again."

-- SA (reading and answering fan question): "'Would Arrow come back, but with the kids and not the old crew?' Oh, the Green Arrow & the Canaries spinoff. I don't know. Um, I know that everything's kind of on hold right now. Um, I actually haven't seen that episode because I wasn't - I wasn't in it. And, uh, I don't typically like to know stuff and then I haven't gotten around to watching it. I'm sure I will at some point."

Edited by tv echo

Legends of Tomorrow's Caity Lotz Would Love to Cameo on Green Arrow and the Canaries
By JENNA ANDERSON - March 24, 2020 
https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/03/04/green-arrow-and-the-canaries-spinoff-the-cw-caity-lotz-legends/ 

The CW's Arrowverse of shows could potentially grow a lot this fall, with spinoffs centered around Superman & Lois and Green Arrow and the Canaries in various stages of development. While Green Arrow and the Canaries is not officially picked up by the network, it did air a backdoor pilot as part of Arrow's eighth and final season, which was well-received by fans and critics alike. The potential series would center around Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy), Dinah Drake (Juliana Harkavy), and Mia Smoak-Queen (Katherine McNamara) in 2040s, and fans have already begun to imagine who else the show could entail. During a press event earlier this year, Legends of Tomorrow star Caity Lotz was asked if she would be willing to reprise her role as Sara Lance/White Canary on the series, which she responded to with an enthusiastic yes.

"For sure. I've already told them," Lotz explained. "I was like 'I want to pop over. I want to come over and hang out.' So, I hope the show gets picked up. Also, I just want Katie and Juliana and Kat back up in Vancouver with me. The action on that show, I thought, was great. I thought it was really cool what they did with it. Hopefully, the series will get picked up."

Lotz was then asked if there was a chance she could wear her black Canary costume once again on the series, to which she hinted that she wouldn't be opposed to a costume change.

"You know, I'm ready to switch up the white outfit," Lotz revealed. "So actually talk to Phil about it. Be like the 'Dark Blue Canary.' I don't know. Yeah, I don't know. It seems like there's enough Black Canaries already. But that black outfit was great. Pretty cool."

Given the relationships that Sara has established with Laurel, Dinah, and Mia, it would be really interesting to see her reunite with the "Canaries" in this new context. Plus, there's certainly a lot of possibilities for how Sara could factor into Star City's future in the 2040s.

"It's always been weird for me because it wasn't like I ever left Arrow and I was just Legends," Lotz previously told ComicBook.com of being part of the Arrowverse. "I've always felt equally a part of both. It's weird and it's interesting, and it'll be weird now when Arrow's not around anymore."

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Madison McLaughlin (Evelyn Sharpe) has also hinted that they've talked to her about reprising her role if it gets picked up. I'm assuming as a new character or time displaced Evelyn because I think they'd just hire a different actress rather than putting her in 40ish make up. 

I suppose this show does have the advantage of already having filmed a complete pilot along with The 100 BDP and the network doesn't have to work off a few scenes and back up scripts to decide whether to pick it up or not like some others. 

Also it looks like Charlie Barnett's other pilot was one of the only ones completed for NBC so if this is picked up he might not be available or only as recurring. 

5 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Madison McLaughlin (Evelyn Sharpe) has also hinted that they've talked to her about reprising her role if it gets picked up. I'm assuming as a new character or time displaced Evelyn because I think they'd just hire a different actress rather than putting her in 40ish make up. 

I suppose this show does have the advantage of already having filmed a complete pilot along with The 100 BDP and the network doesn't have to work off a few scenes and back up scripts to decide whether to pick it up or not like some others. 

Also it looks like Charlie Barnett's other pilot was one of the only ones completed for NBC so if this is picked up he might not be available or only as recurring. 

.....But why? They didnt even care to wrap up her storyline or even mention her after 5x23. Evelyn is best kept in the past unless they introduce a more DC accurate version who is her daughter and played by a different actress. 

I imagine that Charlie already signed a contract for GA&tC so if it were to get picked up he'd have to drop the other show.

And if this does pick up....I think at least in the first season they should really limit the amount of established Arrowverse characters who show up and treat it as new to the audience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

.....But why? They didnt even care to wrap up her storyline or even mention her after 5x23. Evelyn is best kept in the past unless they introduce a more DC accurate version who is her daughter and played by a different actress. 

I agree but she definitely seemed to hint that she'd had conversations to that effect, even if it was just a small possibility. The "why" is probably because they like MM and she's the right age to form a partnership of equals with Mia (assuming time travel). Maybe she will be playing her own daughter.

8 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

And if this does pick up....I think at least in the first season they should really limit the amount of established Arrowverse characters who show up and treat it as new to the audience.

I think they probably will since they went to the trouble of ordering an official back door pilot and not just a season 8B/9 of Arrow without Oliver.

However I was surprised that they treated Sara as a time travel taxi service so lightly in the last couple of episodes when "let's contact the Waverider about this" never ever happened before and CL has said she'd be open to guest starring, MG immediately said he had ideas for Oliver and Felicity guesting and they have to have been thinking about Tommy, Moira and Quentin guesting (at least eventually) when they brought them back to life. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Featherhat said:

I agree but she definitely seemed to hint that she'd had conversations to that effect, even if it was just a small possibility. The "why" is probably because they like MM and she's the right age to form a partnership of equals with Mia (assuming time travel). Maybe she will be playing her own daughter.

I definitely wouldnt want "current day" Evelyn to appear in the future. Having 2 there is already a lot and should they get Colin back they'd have to do some sort of time travel to hook him up with Laurel and of course Sara. 

They'll have to find a way to kind of re-introduce everyone for the viewers who are new to the series which would be interesting.

Pilot Season Grounded by Pandemic: How Some Key Players Are Making the Shutdown Work | Webinar
by JENNIFER MAAS | March 31, 2020 
https://www.thewrap.com/pilot-season-coronavirus-shutdown-katherine-mcnamara-arrow-max-mutchnick-carla-banks-waddles-video/ 

During “TheWrap’s Survival Guide for TV Pilot Season” webinar on Tuesday, TheWrap’s TV editor Tony Maglio spoke with “Will & Grace” creator Max Mutchnick, “Arrow” star Katherine McNamara and “Good Girls” producer Carla Banks-Waddles about the state that each of their respective broadcast pilots were in when the COVID-19 pandemic grounded filming on all the potential series earlier this month — and how they’re trying to keep working on those projects during the shutdown.
Typically speaking, pilot decisions are made by early May ahead of broadcast networks’ upfront presentations to advertisers, during which they show off their new fall slates. But because of concerns over the coronavirus outbreak, all in-person upfronts have been canceled — meaning McNamara, Banks-Waddles and Mutchnick don’t know when they’ll be hearing if their pilots have been ordered to series or not. And that’s the going to be the case for many key players with projects in limbo at NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC and The CW, until the networks decide how to proceed with the usual pilot season in an incredibly unusual situation.

In the meantime, McNamara, Banks-Waddles and Mutchnick told TheWrap they are trying to continue working on their projects while in isolation. Watch the full webinar, which is the second in TheWrap’s “Survival Guide” series, via the video above to find out how they’re pulling this off.

Transcribed from the webinar video in this article:

TheWrap’s Tony Maglio (TM): "Kat, your pilot already aired, so you're in a pretty unique position, given the circumstances... Can you walk us through, then explain how the backdoor pilot works?" 
KM: “Yeah, it's been a learning experience for me as well, because I've done several pilots in the traditional sort of procedure. But this is my first backdoor pilot, as it were. So I came in in Season 7 of Arrow as Oliver Queen's daughter. And my character had a couple of seasons to kind of have the audience get to know her. And in the big Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover this year, my character sort of became the next Green Arrow. So, as this series ended, they thought, well, let's give it a shot. And in the penultimate episode of the Arrow series, they shot what would be a pilot episode for a new series, in which my character would kind of take that on and carry forward my father's legacy, as it were, um, which is sort of a new take on a classic superhero trope. But, our pilot aired, which normally doesn’t happen until you know if you’re picked up, and we’re waiting to see. You know, they told us pretty much right away that we wouldn’t know anything until May, because they wanted to see their other pilots and sort of see what other shows they had on their slate and everything else. And now that a lot of pilots aren’t being shot, and there’s a couple of other series that have been picked up, we really don’t know what’s going on at this point. So we’re all just in a holding pattern.”

TM: "Kat, speaking of beautiful settings, back to your kitchen for a second. Um, the way that CW boss Mark Pedowitz rolls, he probably would've had you playing a significant role at the Upfront that is now cancelled. Uh, we've seen Gina and we've seen Melissa do, like, basically be the stars of that show year after year. Uh, I'm curious - of course, that's with a pilot pickup, which is something we may or may not have within the next few months. Have you taped anything or been told otherwise about what they're going to do for the digital presentations? 'Cause networks still have to get this, uh - their info to advertisers for the fall, but they don't really know how to do it. So I'm interested in what all of you guys, but, Kat, you first, have heard about these digital hot spots."
KM: "Well, if there's anything I have learned about pilot announcements and pickups and just general show pickups in general, the actors are the last to find out. So I know nothing at this point. Um, the only things I've really been taping in my kitchen so far are little things for like Cosmopolitan, going, hey, make a cocktail or whatever's in your kitchen. So, you know, it's been those sort of things that I've been producing. But I'm sure, you know, if the time comes, and when they are figuring out their system, I will probably have to figure something out, in which case, I'll throw something together. You know, throw a hood on and then make something creative. Because, honestly, that's what I've been doing. Trying to find as many creative ventures as I can, just to keep myself busy until we do know. Because at this point, it's just a big 'if.' Um, but it's been a very interesting time and I'm loving hearing what Carla and Max have to say, too, because I'm developing some projects of my own on the producing side, and sort of seeing what other angles of things I can do, because I can't really telecommute and do my job at the moment."
TM: "No, you really can't. And I'd like to follow up on that. What sort of things are you working on or how are you keeping yourself busy? How are you splitting your time? What are you doing?"
KM: "I'm training quite a bit. Um, I have my - I built a treadmill last week. So I've got a whole, like, home gym situation happening here. Um, doing a lot of things - I feel as though procrastination is just an artist thing in general. I'm unpacking all of my suitcases finally. I'm getting the human being things done that I don't normally have time for, because I'm always on location. I've been in Canada more than I've been here in the last six or seven years. So it's been quite a long process. But it's nice to be home, and it's nice to have a chance to do that side, which tends to let my brain focus on something else that then fuels the creativity in a different way. Um, you know, so I have a couple properties that I've developing with some producing partners and trying to see what I can do on that side, just exercise a different set of creative muscles for a little bit."

TM: "What do you foresee for this fall?"
KM: "I still feel like I'm new enough to this industry that I don't even know what to predict. You know, pilot season has changed so much in the last several years anyway that, you know - being the streaming, that it's now kind of all year round now, shows are casting and things are shooting, and seasons and episode numbers, and everything's sort of - it's the Wild West when it comes to television right now, which is exciting. You know, it leaves opportunities for lots of creative solutions. But also, I have no way to even remotely predict... If there's anything I know about the entertainment industry, it's that the show must go on, and we will figure something out. The Powers That Be will find some solution to this crazy problem that we're having right now. Um, and we're all in this together. But that's, uh - that's my greatest prediction - or my most sure prediction, I guess."

(Audience questions)
Jody (Jodi?) Collins: "So, without being tone deaf, I'm wondering if you think that pilots that may not be socially sensitive, as we come out on the other side of this, may be pulled... I've worked in casting and now talent management and - and producing in my career lives, and I want to be able to advise clients who are creating content or hyphenates if the one girl's post-apocalyptic script is really going to something we should be presenting forward and pitching, or if it's going to be comedy and, you know, man conquers all. Like, what do you think the content's going to be looking like that we'll need?"
KM (after Max Mutchnick responded to this question): "It's interesting, too, having just shot a project like The Stand, which is sort of based on an epidemic that breaks out into the world and then everything ends up in chaos... It'll be interesting to watch how CBS handles that in the promotion and the airing of it. I don't know what their plan is yet, but certainly be a kind of unavoidable topic of conversation, if nothing else. But, you know, stories help the world heal in all kinds of ways."

(Several audience questions then seemed to focus on what projects or types of projects were more likely to be picked up in this new normal. The consensus of the webinar panelists seemed to be: "Quick and easy” - that networks and producers will more likely pick up projects that can be made quickly and cheaply, because of this year’s delay in production.)

Edited by tv echo

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live Interview with BlogHer - April 10th
Golden Warrior   April 10, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDtnCct2Yyo

Interviewer: "Someone wants to know about the future of the Arrow series."
KM: "So that's even more so now up in the air. You know, we did a backdoor pilot, which aired as an episode of Arrow. And, at this point, we don't know, because they had told us that they weren't giving us an answer until May when they had all of their other pilots and knew what their season was going to be and all that. But now, with the way the world is, we don't know."

Edited by tv echo

From Arrow panel at HomeCon yesterday...

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Why Arrowverse Post-Crisis Should Redo Wildcat
BY ZACHARY KANDELL   APR 19, 2020
https://screenrant.com/arrowverse-post-crisis-arrow-redo-wildcat-why/ 

While Ted Grant appeared, the Arrowverse never got much use out of Wildcat, which can be fixed post-Crisis. He deserves more of a role in one of the shows, especially considering how long of a background Wildcat has in the comics. He was a big part of helping Team Arrow fight against Brick (Vinnie Jones) in season 3 of Arrow. He seemed to die in that conflict, but producer Marc Guggenheim confirmed on Tumblr that Wildcat is still alive.

Wildcat may not have died, but if he returns, there’s probably going to be a different actor in his place. J.R. Ramirez is currently a regular on Manifest, meaning it’s unlikely he’s going to come back, especially if Manifest is renewed for season 3. Recasting the role is a distinct possibility, as his new appearance could be explained as just another change from Crisis on Infinite Earths. The question is, even if they bring him back as another actor, what role should he play? He’d make the most sense as a mentor to other characters since there’s no shortage of vigilante characters and people needing to learn to fight in the Arrowverse. Ted Grant/Wildcat can help to train them, and even fight himself if he’s needed.

Ted Grant's history with Laurel suggests that he could be part of Green Arrow and the Canaries, if that show gets picked up. With the existing characters, the trainer role isn’t that needed, as Mia, Laurel, and Dinah are all well-trained fighters already. Instead, the best place for him may be on Batwoman. The Earth-Prime Ted Grant could have helped train Batman to fight back in the day, as well as help train someone else in the present. Kate already has military experience, but if she ever needs more training, gets a sidekick, or just wants to connect with someone else who knew her cousin Bruce Wayne’s other side, Ted Grant can fill all of those roles quite well.

Edited by tv echo

I doubt he'll show up so it's ultimately moot but I'm trying to remember. Ted Grant only has a history with Laurel right? I don't remember them saying anything about E2 Ted having anything to do with Black Siren.

10 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I doubt he'll show up so it's ultimately moot but I'm trying to remember. Ted Grant only has a history with Laurel right? I don't remember them saying anything about E2 Ted having anything to do with Black Siren.

Correct. And I'd be surprised if they delved into BS past all that much unless they come up with a way of integrating OG E2 aspects into E-P. Plus with Wildcat playing a bigger role on Stargirl....yeah Arrowverse aint gonna bring the character back.

• Like 1

From ComicBook.com's instagram live interview with KM on April 20...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9obCL2NWiNo

-- ComicBook interviewer: "We want to see you back, uh, as Mia and there's - there's - the word - and we're good friends with Marc Guggenheim, and he has seemed optimistic that we're going to have Green Arrow and the Canaries become a thing. I'm obligated to ask, they'll kill me if I don't, is there any update? Is there any progress on that?"
KM: "I have no idea. I just asked the other day and, because of the state of the world and everything that's going on, everything is kinda changed. You know, Upfronts have been cancelled. Nobody knows what's going on. I - we weren't supposed to know until May anyway. And now, at this point, who knows when the decisions are going to be made. Um, you know, obviously I had such a lovely time playing Mia. I'd love to be back. And especially now, there's so many exciting things for her, taking on the mantle of the Green Arrow and moving forward. Um, they made me a really badass suit that I love, so I'd love to wear it again. But, you know, we'll see. Time will tell."

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Spinoff Status: Katie Cassidy Is Feeling 'Confident' About Pick-Up
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 21 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/04/21/arrow-spinoff-status-green-arrow-and-the-canaries/ 

Arrow vet Katie Cassidy, who would headline Green Arrow and the Canaries with Juliana Harkavy and Katherine McNamara, tells TVLine, “I don’t know, honestly,” where things stand with the prospective offshoot. But she is bullish on its future.

“I’m a very positive person, so I feel confident that we’ll go [to series],” Laurel Lance’s portrayer shared with TVLine as part of an in-depth interview pegged to Arrow: The Eighth and Final Season, available on Blu-ray and DVD April 28. “If there was ever a time for a three-hander, all-female badass show, now is the time!” she observed with a laugh. “So I’m not worried. I’m feeling pretty good about it.”
And if Green Arrow and the Canaries does land on The CW’s 2020-21 schedule, what most excites Cassidy about this next chapter in the life of Earth-Two’s Laurel?

“[Seeing] more of Black Siren and what her life was, and how she got there to 2040. Just more of her beating this path of heroes, of women, along with the Green Arrow and the other Canary,” she said. “I love playing a hero, I love playing a villain…. I’m just excited to jump into it.”

Edited by tv echo

That initial interview is from the Arrow s8 special features? Either way.....with KC being positive itll go through probably means it won't since she has terrible luck lol.

• Laugh 1

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

“I’m a very positive person, so I feel confident that we’ll go [to series],” Laurel Lance’s portrayer shared with TVLine as part of an in-depth interview pegged to Arrow: The Eighth and Final Season, available on Blu-ray and DVD April 28. “If there was ever a time for a three-hander, all-female badass show, now is the time!” she observed with a laugh. “So I’m not worried. I’m feeling pretty good about it.”

Considering some of the other things she's hoped for and not got on Arrow and how utterly wrong in her headcanons turning out, I'm gonna say this is the kiss of death for this series. 😉

But seriously, at least they shot a pilot and they have loads of other footage from these actors, they aren't going off an incomplete episode and a back up script like many other pilots. But I really don't know if they're going to need to plug many holes if the returning shows plus the two they ordered to series and SPN ending eps don't even start filming until August/September at the earliest. And someone at the CW seems to have KC's back. 

And the Arrowverse and CW in general has a good number of female lead shows, even if this would be the first all female trio. 

ETA: I didn't see @Primal Slayer saying the same thing. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Like 1

I don’t know it says anything about pick up chances but Kat, JH and KC filmed a couple of virtual interviews together this week. One of the them hashtagged Presstour. 

Lol if someone told me 5 years ago that they were going to focus more on female characters in Arrow I would have been excited and surprised that the future me would rather the focus be on one female character with the men in her life (William, Connor, JJ) XD

https://www.etonline.com/arrow-producer-promises-canaries-spinoff-answers-deeper-questions-as-fate-remains-unclear-exclusive

The potential Arrow spinoff is still in limbo.

With the coronavirus pandemic shutting down Hollywood productions and delaying projects worldwide, the status of The CW's Green Arrow and the Canaries, which stars Katie Cassidy, Katherine McNamara and Juliana Harkavy, continues to be a question the cast and creative team don't have the answer to -- for now.

"Times are obviously very different and so we don't really know when we'll find out. We're obviously super hopeful and I'm constantly having conversations [about the spinoff]," Arrow executive producer Beth Schwartz, who is shepherding the Canaries project, tells ET. "But I do not have an answer for you unfortunately."

"I acknowledge that the fans are super excited and I know every day people keep asking me. And I wish I had an answer and I really don't," she adds. "I think the excitement helps and it makes us excited, so I definitely appreciate that."

Fans have already gotten en early glimpse at what the possible spinoff, set in 2040, would look like in the backdoor pilot that aired as the penultimate episode of Arrow's final season. Part of the reason for the Canaries spinoff, Schwartz shared, was because of the rich stories they still felt they needed to explore with the female characters of the Arrow-verse.

"The most exciting part was in season 7 of Arrow, we really had the time to explore our female characters and the relationships that they had with each other. And I remember at the time, I'm not sure who it was, if it was Emily [Bett Rickards], Katie [Cassidy] or Juliana [Harkavy], but one of them or all of them might have sent me a text saying that this is the first scene that they all had together without any of the guys," Schwartz recalls, while promoting the Arrow: The Eighth & Final Season DVD and Blu-ray release. "And I remember being very shocked by that and also being super excited about it, that in the seventh season we got to do something new and fresh."

"Then, when I watched those dailies, everything just had a different feel to it," she says. "I think that's what this spinoff is going to be, where we get to explore these female relationships between these characters that we have not really been able to do solely before."

While fans await the fate of the Canaries spinoff, there is one thing Schwartz is looking forward to exploring on a deeper level, should the series get the green light.

"As we're still working on a spinoff and we're talking about those things is, Dinah Drake's background [is something I'd like to focus on]," Schwartz reveals. "We had so many stories about her family and what her life was before. We had the great story with her and [her late boyfriend] Vinny, but there was so much more to her character, which is why, in the backdoor pilot, she talks about getting married [young] and she's a singer. There were all these things [about her we didn't know]. And Laurel's like, 'Who are you?' Because it was kind of the joke that we had amongst ourselves because we've talked about all these stories and we just didn't have a chance to get them out."

"That's what's super exciting about the possibility of a spinoff is we're going to be able to answer some of those questions and get deeper into her character," she promises.

Arrow: The Eighth & Final Season is available on Digital now, and on DVD and Blu-ray on Tuesday, April 28.

Kind of weird that she uses Dinah as an example. Dinah who already got so much focus on Arrow and who is frankly not that buzzy.

16 hours ago, Chaser said:

I don’t know it says anything about pick up chances but Kat, JH and KC filmed a couple of virtual interviews together this week. One of the them hashtagged Presstour. 

Thing seem to be picking up a bit (no pun intended) on the publicity front, but that might always have been the case with a spin off as we get closer to the network's decision. That said it does seem kinda positive? I'd more "probably a good sign" if it was a normal situation but I'm still not sure they'll pick up many more pilots and there are a lot of interesting properties in contention.

9 hours ago, Chaser said:

Kind of weird that she uses Dinah as an example. Dinah who already got so much focus on Arrow and who is frankly not that buzzy.

Beth did that a lot in S7, talked about characters like Rene and Emiko which weren't ones that many fans were interested in. I feel like Dinah got quite a bit of screentime on Arrow but a lot of it was exposition type stuff. Still she probably got the most backstory out of NTA even with Curtis's husband, billion PHDs and Olympian background. I liked her more in the BDP but I'm not eager to spend huge amounts of time on her marriage or anything. 

The recent media interviews seems to be in connection with the April 28th release of the blu-ray/dvd release of Arrow Season 8. Here's Access's interview with KM, KC and JH - only spinoff-related transcriptions are posted below (go to Arrow forum here to read the rest of my transcriptions from this interview)...

'Arrow' Stars Spill Jaw-Dropping Bloopers & Why 'Canaries' Spinoff Needs To Happen
Access   April 22, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5g4n4D8q98

-- Erin Biglow (Access): "Green Arrow and the Canaries. We got to talk about it. I know Hollywood is a little up in the air right now with productions being on hold. But what can you tell us about anything related to the spinoff? Is it still happening?"
KM: "We don't know anything."
JH: "We don't know."
KM: "I mean, we were in limbo as it was. And I tend to be the kind of person that just leaves pilots up to the universe. And I'm doing that even more so now, because the whole world has become the Wild West, and we just don't really know what's going on or when we're gonna be able to safely get back to production. Um, but we'll see. You know, if we happen to be picked up, and once the world is safe again, it'll be so much fun."
KC: "I do think that - I mentioned this before - but it's a good time, you know, given that people have been this, you know, coronavirus craziness that's been going on in the world, I feel like, you know, people do want to have the content, though, to come together and - and watching a television show. We have already shot up our pilot and, you know, I think it's fun, I think it's badass. I think, of any time, now is the time for it, because it's three female, strong, kickass women, ladies. Um, so, you know, and it's really fun. So if we can - if we can provide entertainment to bring people together in that way, um, and continue to tell stories and, you know, shoot - also shooting in Vancouver's awesome. So, yeah, we hope so. I hope we get picked up. Um, I think the fans are really excited about it, too."
EB: "Well, the response for the episode, even back in January, I mean, the hunger is still there And now, with the new dvd and blu-ray box set, fans are gonna be able to revisit, not just the final season, but the whole series, and maybe just that - the flame is gonna be reignited?"
KC: "Yeah. Totally. I also think that you can - you know, you'll be able to pick up this Green Arrow and the Canaries without necessarily having to have had watch, you know, Arrow. I think it's - it's gonna fresh and [unintelligible word] for newer fans -  for, you know, people who didn't watch Arrow, they can come to this and get a different, um, you know, fun experience."
KM: "Well, just with anything in the Arrowverse. You can jump into the crossover episodes and, if you don't necessarily watch The Flash or if you don't watch Arrow, you can still jump in as a Legends of Tomorrow fan or as a Black Lightning fan, and still enjoy the world, because it's - it's such a unique experience that we have, where we have all  these amazing actors, amazing talents, amazing characters, existing in the same universe."

-- KM: "One thing I love about the - the spinoff idea is there's sort of a duality to Mia now. You know, she was such a strong fighter and such a strong character before, but she didn't have any interpersonal skills, truly. And then, when she had this other life that she lived with the reset of the universe, she now has a completely new set of tools that she can add to even become a more versatile vigilante, as it were."

-- EB: "Juliana, we saw Dinah turn down that promotion and literally ride off into the night. Where do you think she went? What do you think she's doing?"
JH: "Well, that was, um - that's sort of where Canaries begins, you know. She, uh, she realizes that, when she comes into the show, she's such a lone wolf and she, throughout these years and, you know, these ups and downs with her team, and then - and then, at the end, losing what really held them together, I think she's just full of purpose. And, uh, she's going to look for more cities to save. She's literally, like, riding off to become a - a better hero. Like a new kind of hero and, um, yeah, I think this is a - it's a - this would be a perfect time for - for the show to pick up, in light of what's happening in the world, because all of us sort of did end, like, end with a new beginning. It started at the end, which is brilliant with the writers."

-- EB: "Katie, Laurel's scene with Tommy was maybe the most emotion - emotionally vulnerable moment we've ever seen from her. Do you think she got the closure she needed? Will she be able to reconcile this survivor's guilt that she's sort of been battling this time?"
KC: "Look, I think that, yeah, I think she's incredibly, incredibly strong-willed, and I think, if anyone, she definitely can. Uh, and so yeah, I think it's - she'll definitely be, you know, having to work through it. I think that's what cool about, like Juliana was saying, it's like we pick up - our show would pick up where the story, you know, obviously in the future, but where the story sort of left off. And that's what we'll get to explore, to see how people are dealing with that and coping - each character, you know, coping with everything and - and the journey emotionally to get to where they are in the future. Um, I think you'll definitely see that weight and you'll feel it and - and continue to explore it."

Edited by tv echo

Green Arrow and the Canaries Stars Hopeful for Spinoff, Reveal Dream Costars (Exclusive)
By TooFab Staff | April 23, 2020
https://toofab.com/2020/04/23/green-arrow-and-the-canaries-spinoff-katie-cassidy/ 

The penultimate episode of "Arrow" served as a backdoor pilot for the series, with Arrowverse producer Marc Guggenheim promising an update on whether it would be picked up in May. Now, with the coronavirus shutdown affecting TV production along with everything else, that green light might be delayed ... but at least one star is hopeful they'll still get it.
"I like to think I have a little bit of clairvoyance," Katie Cassidy told TooFab during a video interview with her and costars Juliana Harkavy and Katherine McNamara. "So I do feel like, to me -- this is just how I feel -- before I was just like, 'I don't know, I don't know,' and now there's this time in this world and who knows when but I feel, it feels good to me for whatever reason."

McNamara said she had no real update either. "The world is so topsy turvy right now that no one knows what is happening or what the world is going to look like in a few months," she said, "I'm just leaving it up to the universe and we'll see what happens."

When TooFab noted it could be a good sign that Warner Bros. was having the three of them do press together for the home video release of "Arrow's" final season, Harkavy said "that thought did cross my mind" too. "I'm looking for clues everywhere, like everybody else," she added.

Should the show get the go-ahead, the three are all very interested to see what it could mean for the Arrowverse as a whole -- and who could possibly cross over.

"I think the spinoff provides a lot of opportunities to keep building the relationships that we started in 'Arrow,' bring them over." said McNamara. "We have so many badass women in this world, whether it's Nyssa al Ghul, or bring Caity Lotz over [from Legends of Tomorrow]. Mia has such a great relationship with Barry Allen, bring that over. But also we have this chance to make a new fresh team."

"We've got the three of us and then there's William, who has the Felicity angle," she continued. "And all these other people we could bring in for a new team, where you have that same energy, that same vibe of the original show -- that dark, that grit, all of that -- but there's something fresh that audiences can relive what they love so much."
The three women said they'd love to see a few more familiar faces if the show gets picked up, as they each revealed which characters they'd like to visit them in 2040. Among the names: Mr. Terrific, Malcolm Merlyn, Felicity Smoak and, yes, even Oliver Queen.

"The world's reset, Crisis on Infinite Earth hit the reset button, literally the world is our oyster," said McNamara.

Thinking outside the box, we also asked which characters from the greater DC universe they'd welcome on their show.

"Margot Robbie!" exclaimed McNamara, referring to her portrayal of Harley Quinn. "Margot Robbie and Michelle Pfeiffer, maybe." Cassidy liked the idea of Catwoman too, but wanted to play her herself. "I have a lot of cats!" she added.

Juliana, meanwhile, said they "need Batwoman," opening the door for Ruby Rose to pop up as well.

Video:

-- Brian Particelli (TooFab): "Have any of you heard anything? Have there been any sort of conversations about what it could be?"
KM: "No. The world is so topsy turvy right now that no one knows what is happening or what the world is going to look like in a few months... I'm just leaving it up to the universe and we'll see what happens."
KC: "I'd like to think I have a little bit of clairvoyance-y. So I do feel like, to me - this is just how I feel - before I was like, 'I don't know, I don't know.' And yet now there's this time in this world, and who knows when, but I feel pos - I feel, it feels good to me, for whatever reason. Again, I don't know what to say... And, yes, the universe, I feel like, is working for us - everyone. I mean, I know there's tragedy happening, but the - I don't know, I think it's like - ultimately I hope - and I think that it'll be good for the longevity and overall... planet."
BP: "I also think that having you three doing this press has to say something, hopefully." (Crosses fingers)
JH: "I know. That thought did cross my mind... I'm looking for clues everywhere, just like everybody else."

-- BP: "Is there something from, that you weren't able to do on Arrow, that you would love the chance to do, should the show get the go-ahead?"
KM: "I think the spinoff provides a lot of opportunities to keep building the relationships that we started in Arrow, bring them over. Relationships like - we have so many badass women in this world, whether it's Nyssa al Ghul or bring, you know, Caity Lotz over. Or bring over any, you know, anybody the characters - especially Mia has such a great relationship with Barry Allen. You know, let's bring all of that together. But also we have this chance to make a new fresh team. We've got, you know, the three of us. And then there's William, who kind of has the Felicity angle. And we have all of these other people that we can bring in to create a new team, where it still has - as Katie was saying - you have that same energy and that same vibe of the original show. That dark, that grit, all of that - and yet it's something fresh that audiences can sort of relive what they love so much."
KC: "Yeah. I think that there's an interesting layer, too, to see what it took - what these characters went through when we meet them in 2040. What happened in that time. And also what like with Laurel and Black Siren and - and her redemption and becoming a hero - what does that look like on other Earths? What does she look like - what's her story on her other Earths? There's still room to explore that. And it's the same for all these other characters. That's what so cool about our show. There's so much room for exploration and that."

-- BP: "Are there, you know, OG cast members or characters you would love to see in the future? You know, this is 20 years later, what that could mean for any of them is wild to consider, I think."
JH: "I want Mr. Terrific."
KM: "Yes! ... Let's bring Mayor Rick back."
JH: "Would you say, Katie?"
KC: "I love Mayor Rick, but Mr. Terrific."
JH: "Mr. Terrific!"
KM: "And we got to bring Uncle Roy back."
BP: "That'd be interesting."
KC: "Malcolm Merlyn."
KM: "Yeah."
JH: "Yes. Uncle Roy. Malcolm Merlyn. Definitely Nyssa. I want Nyssa and I want White Canary."
BP: "That'd be great."
JH: "And Oliver Queen."
KM: "We love our people."
BP: "As you should."
KC: "Felicity. Hello?"
KM: "Well, yes. Of course, I mean, we got to - we would love to see Mama Smoak back as well."
JH: "Oh, my God. Just - can we just have the same cast back?"
BP: "Just everyone... but in a different capacity."
KM: "That'd be great."
JH: "That is my dream for the show, is to have everyone come back, even if it's for a scene, just to revisit. Like, also, to give them full freedom to be like, how to do you want to be now? Like, just have it be really open and collaborative."
KM: "Well, the world's reset. You know, Crisis on Infinite Earths set the reset button." 

-- BP: "If you could throw any DC character into the mix for Green Arrow and the Canaries, who would you love to see?"
KM: "Margot Robbie." (Laughs)
JH: "Yeah."
KM: "Margot Robbie and Michelle Pfeiffer, maybe?"
KC: "Yeah, Catwoman. Um... I would want to play Catwoman. I have a lot of cats."
KM: "We need Ruby as well."
JH: "Yeah, we need Batwoman. I feel like... it's possible She's already in our universe. I really want her on our show."

Edited by tv echo

All I got from that is KC thinks she‘s clairvoyant.

• Laugh 1

Yeah, that was kind of jumble to just say "I feel good about it," compared to like when JH agreed with the idea that the three of them doing promo might mean something.

2 hours ago, Chaser said:

All I got from that is KC thinks she‘s clairvoyant.

Given how stuff turned out for her on Arrow she might want to employ opposite to what her gut says thinking. Although I guess she did come back and got offered a spin off. Although with that logic I'll be seeing her on LOT next season instead. Noooooo. 😲 

I was with JH in thinking it might mean something but it could also mean they sent out the only three who actually still have some sort of contract/obligations or stake in enthusiastically promoting the DVD. And/or the producers are trying to show the CW there's excitement/support there for it as interviewers ask questions about it. 

No point in asking SA to do it, he's long gone and the interviews would probably be (possibly drunk) rants about how he only did S8 for the money. Everyone else is gone too except BL and maybe JDJ and CB. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I think it is interesting that they'd have them do promo work together. Even for a dvd release it's weird to have them do it when they never seemed to put much effort into past releases and it focusing more on the spin off than actual season.

Only comments that might pertain to the spinoff are quoted below (go to link to read rest of interview)...

Arrow's Katie Cassidy Candidly Reflects on Final Season's Highs and Lows, Teases Laurel Secrets to Be Revealed
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 24 2020, 
https://tvline.com/2020/04/24/arrow-final-season-8-katie-cassidy-interview/ 

TVLINE | Ever since Black Siren started spending time in our Star City, the fans were clamoring for some sort of redemption arc. What was important to you about the two-season journey that followed for the character?
... That’s what’s cool about this potential spinoff, Green Arrow and the Canaries; we still don’t know the story of how Black Siren, on Earth-Two as her redeemed self, learned what it’s like to be a hero. What has she gone through as we pick up with this pilot in 2040? There is still a lot of story to be told.
TVLINE | In the Season 8 premiere, as you basically recreated a lot of scenes and dialogue from the pilot, were you almost overwhelmed with a feeling of déjà vu from eight years ago?
... I was just genuinely crying because it was like, OK, this is the end of this [chapter] and goodbye for now, but again, with this spinoff I’m pretty positive. I feel really good about it, and I think we shall continue.
TVLINE | I have to imagine you weren’t afforded much time to prepare for it, but how did you adjust your performance for the backdoor spinoff episode, 809? So that we got a sense that this Laurel is a little bit different?
I did not have a ton prepared, but it’s interesting because I think that our showrunners and writers for that episode — Beth [Schwartz], Marc [Guggenheim], Oscar [Balderrama], Jill [Blankenship] —  I’ve worked with all of them for all of the last eight years. They know what I’m capable of in terms of, as an actor, and they know where I tend to shine, and I think for that episode particularly they leaned into that in terms of writing, so I was able to sort of sink my teeth into it. I’ve also expressed to them, which is true — and I think seeing that episode, you get the sense of it — that I as a performer do my best work when I streamline through the episode, when they write for me and I can really immerse myself in the world every day. That’s when you’re going to get the best performance, when I’m actually living it. I think it’s cool because you see her, like, harder side, but she’s also…

TVLINE | Looser. She felt a little looser to me.
Yes. She has heart and she has, you know, a side that’s softer to her, and I think she wants to share that, but you can see she’s torn. She’s a warrior, and she wants Mia to be one, too. I don’t know — she’s complex, I guess.

TVLINE | Is there something that you know about Laurel of the spinoff — some secret that you have been told about her — that we don’t know yet that’s fun or juicy?
Well of course! But I can’t spoil it…. But yeah, I’ve talked about it with the writers and stuff, yeah….

TVLINE | It seemed like our resurrected Tommy was being just a bit flirty there with Laurel at the funeral. What do you think her POV on that is? “Been there, done that”?
Well, I don’t knowwww…. [Laughs] Given what happened with this Laurel and her Tommy on Earth-Two…. [Note: TVLine will soon be sharing a deleted scene that sheds light on the doppelgangers’ dynamic.]

TVLINE | Was there any character moment you were hoping to get in the final season that you didn’t quite get? Like, do you feel like you and Stephen [Amell] had enough meaningful moments?
Yeah. But I wish there was more. I liked it when it was Stephen and I partnering up [early in the season], that was cool and fun for me. I wished there was more of that, I wished we saw more of that. And I think that with the spinoff that could be a possibility.

TVLINE | What are you hearing on the Green Arrow and the Canaries front? Any timeline for getting word on a pick-up?
I don’t know, honestly, just because, again, in this time in this world nobody really knows anything. For me, I’m a very positive person. I feel confident, positive that we’ll go [to series], because I think they are super-excited about it. It’s very fresh. And if there was ever a time for a three-hander, all-female badass show, now is the time. I love the [Arrow] family and our fans, and I think it will be good. I’m not worried. I feel pretty good about it.

TVLINE | What are you most excited to explore in this new chapter for Laurel?
More of Black Siren and what her life was, and how she got there to 2040, and just more of her leading this task of heroes, of women, along with the Green Arrow and the other Black Canary. I love playing a hero. I love playing a villain…. I’m just excited to jump into it.

Edited by tv echo

Watch Calista B.'s interviews talent and show runner from Arrow: The Eighth and Final Season
KIDS FIRST!   Apr. 22, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3wr1fNZnE4

-- Calista B. (KIDS FIRST!): "I'm here with, uh, Katie Cassidy, playing Black Canary, Juliana J., also playing Blac - Juliana Harkavy - I got confused because of the screen name... well, Juliana Harkavy, also playing Black Canary, Katherine McNamara, playing both Blackstar and Green Arrow, and Beth Schwartz, the showrunner. How are you all doin' today?"
JH: "Great. Thank you."
KM: "Well, you know, just quarantining and keeping motivated."

-- CB: "Since the show is almost coming to an end, what is your guys' feelings on that? Because, you know, eight seasons, eight years, that's a lot of time."
KC: "Well, um, it's - it's bittersweet. Um, it's - it's been such an incredible, you know, eight years and it's been such a wonderful, amazing journey and, you know, I'm so grateful for all of it. It's also really exciting because, um, of the potential spinoff, uh, which is - you know, in a way it adds to the story, but it also is fresh and, you know, you don't necessarily had to have watched Arrow in order to come into this show, which - which is nice, uh, so it's exciting. It's - it's - it's fun and I hope we get picked up."

-- CB: "Katie, you mentioned a spinoff, which I've actually also heard about when doing research for this interview. Do you think you can tell us a little bit about the spinoff, as much as you can, considering there's probably a contract or something?"
KC: "It was part of Season 8, episode 9, and it is an incredible, fun, you know, filled with action, female, strong, three, you know, female women, um, kicking ass, which we love, and, you know, it's fresh, but I think it's interesting because it's set in the future and it's interesting to see where these characters what's happened to them also in between this time in this space and how they get to where they're at now, and I think it's just another, you know, platform for more stories to be told. And, um, you know, like, I keep saying 'fresh,' but it did, like, after it aired to me, it felt really fresh, really fun, and the fans really seemed to love it. So I'm really excited about it."
KM: "Yeah. We had a lot of fun shooting it. You know, it provides a lot for all of our characters to do, moving forward after the Crisis On Infinite Earths, with the whole reset of the world, you know, given each of us has an end and a beginning within this. You know, with Mia, she's got now two sets of memories, two lifes that she's lived, and two sets of instincts, that she's now combining and learning how to expand her tool set even farther."
JH: "Hmm."
CB: "That's nice to hear."
Beth: "Oh, I was just gonna say, I think, for me, like, what makes it so special is, um, I know, in Season 7 we thought, you know, with the introduction of Kat's character and, um, then in our present day story, we just found, for the first time, I think, on the show, how well the scenes with all our women were and - and there was something super special about it that it took a long time for and I remember - I can't remember if it was Katie or Juliana or someone - it could've been Emily - who had texted me saying, 'This is the first time all three of us have been in a scene together without any of the guys.' And I was like, 'What? Is that true?' (Laughs) And I was really proud of it and, um, the fans seemed to really like that. And I think that's also something that's been [unintelligible word-off?] we explored is all these female relationships, and they're running the show now, which I love."
JH: "It's dope."
KC: "And I think there's all ladies here."

Edited by tv echo