Type keyword(s) to search

S34.E10: Infinity War

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Turbo and Jordan's confrontation sends shockwaves through the game; Leroy firmly chooses an alliance, but it puts his friendship with Nany in jeopardy; Teams UK and USA have a muddy battle.

Airs October 30, 2019.

*sigh* I hate just about everybody. If the finale ends with CT and Natalie splitting $1 million, I'd be great with that. CT has been mostly mature, and Natalie winning money would set a lot of these numbnuts off. We're talking rooftops and razor blades, and I would be there for that. Once again: I get the hate, but I don't get THE HATE.

Jordan and Ashley suck. Thanks mostly to them, Turbo is gone. I mean, he did lose his shit, but you gotta figure others have done worse on this show. He pushed security people? Well, isn't that what they're there for? Turbo goes out, Jordan jerks it with the good hand, and TJ tries to take the moral high ground about violence.

Honestly, there's a chance Turbo might be gone from the series for the foreseeable future. And yet, we'd be stuck with Bear for the next few years. On what planet is THAT fair? My main happy thought is that Jordan is going to be on edge for a long time. Anytime he hears a noise, he's gonna be going into Battle Mode.

Much like the US team, the UK tribunal decide to risk one of their own because of internal discord. Georgia pays the price and takes Wes' role . . . but then Tori decides that the US team sucks (save for her beau), and she defects. That might be an upgrade for the UK. Seriously, she sucks. So does Jordan. Now I want Turbo to crash their wedding. "Aw, did I interrupt the pussy chickens on their special day?!?"

Once again, I feel compelled to root for Natalie. She had Georgia on her back in the mud, winds up losing the ball and getting knocked out of the mission . . . but yeah, she's the weak link. Like I said: if she wins, that would make a lot of these idiots mad, and I'm all for it. It's like her mere existence offends them, and they feel that they stand on higher ground.

Poor Josh. He's gonna need two boxes of tissues per day now that his chav is gone. Maybe three. So many for the tears, so much . . . for other stuff. Georgia can do so much better than Josh and/or Bear.

So mad. The World Series comes down to one game tonight, yet I'm more invested in these fools. What does that say about me?

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don’t like Jordan but I don’t like Cara or Pauly either.

I’m fine with Tori, even though she’s with Jordan but it could change if she behaves like Cara.

Jordan taunted Turbo But in a way, if Turbo was in Cara’s alliance, it was probably a good move.

Kayleigh hasn’t done anything and Joss thinks Pauly will protect him, even though he went into an elimination.

Who on the U.K. team won’t send Kayleigh in, Joss and Rogan?  Otherwise when you snake your own team, you make yourself a target.

As Lantern said, I really do not like anyone left.  Well that is not true I did make a list last week of who I like that is left but for the most part they all suck.

I laughed when Leroy called out Zach for gassing out during a final.  Leroy is still on the list of people I like and it is for comments like that.

Georgia annoyed me when she was bitching about being voted for.  When the game started and she thought she had the numbers she said nobody could touch her bestfriend but the other rookie women were fair game.  Now that she is on the wrong side of the numbers, it is not fair that she is getting voted in.  

Were is the logic there?

When you thought you had the numbers you were all about protecting who you wanted protected and getting rid of who you wanted to get rid of.

• Love 6

Joss is an idiot. He just saddled himself with Kayleigh instead of Georgia for what reason? It makes no sense to get rid of your own strong player instead of the opposition’s strong player.  Sure, maybe he’ll get into the final because of his alliance but can he possibly win it? With Kayleigh?  Nope. So what’s the real benefit to working with Paulie if you’re on the UK team? I don’t get it. Guarantee he screws them over in the end. I seriously don’t want any of these people to win, they all suck.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, BK1978 said:

Georgia annoyed me when she was bitching about being voted for.  When the game started and she thought she had the numbers she said nobody could touch her bestfriend but the other rookie women were fair game.  Now that she is on the wrong side of the numbers, it is not fair that she is getting voted in.  

Were is the logic there?

When you thought you had the numbers you were all about protecting who you wanted protected and getting rid of who you wanted to get rid of.

I didn’t really see Georgia’s comments that way. I took it as SHE wouldn’t vote for Nicole bc it’s her BFF. I don’t think that was a numbers thing. Also at the time Big T and Esther were looked at as the weakest.

I’m wondering where the logic is for Kayleigh and Joss to vote Georgia in?? Their team finally wins and they look pretty solid and they STILL choose to follow along with their alliance on the opposite team?? That team isn’t going to help win you money at the end of the day so it makes zero sense to continue doing that. Plus Georgia called it out perfectly: Kayleigh’s a shit competitor so she has to rely on others to keep her safe.

This was a crazy ep and everybody got on my nerves at one point but holy shit do I hate the Cara/Paulie alliance so much. I like Kam but otherwise yikes. I feel like Ashley is 90% the reason why Turbo got sent home. Also, I love Leroy but I’m disappointed he’s siding with them. The fact is he says he’s gotta go with the numbers but he would’ve had the numbers no matter which side he chose. I felt bad for Nany bc I love their friendship. Although, and I do love her, but Nany is probably the weakest girl on their team. 

Lastly I know Zach’s an asshole but I’m loving him this season *shrugs*

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Jordan and Ashley suck. Thanks mostly to them, Turbo is gone. I mean, he did lose his shit, but you gotta figure others have done worse on this show. He pushed security people? Well, isn't that what they're there for? Turbo goes out, Jordan jerks it with the good hand, and TJ tries to take the moral high ground about violence.

When TJ was making his zero tolerance speech I wanted so much for Nany to step out and punch Ashley in the face but, then again, when I was watching CNN later in the night I also wanted Nany to step out and punch John Yoo in the face.

I thought that if Turbo was ejected then Pussy Chicken Jordan should have been ejected as well because he was just as much a part of the "fight" as was Turbo. Then later when Pussy Chicken Jordan was all "Copy my walk? What was that" Pussy Chicken Jordan knew good and well Turbo was upset at being mocked by Pussy Chicken Jordan. I was so glad the US team lost and Tori got voted in though I am sad that the UK team are idiots and sent Georgia in. I like Georgia, despite her tragic taste in men. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Turbo still needs to cool down. Maybe he could get lessons from CT. Honestly. Him going out like that left a lot to be desired, and it made Jordan happy. And while Jordan might be better than most of the established veterans, he’s ugly when he’s cocky.

1 hour ago, Craphole Island said:

He likened Turbo to a caveman. Zach. He said that. He’s probably got a long line of ex-girlfriends with injuries to the head and wounds from pulled-out hair . . . but Turbo is the caveman. I’m amazed Zach’s knuckles aren’t bleeding from all of the dragging.

Is there any way to accept Turbo’s ejection? The only scenario I got is if the security guys threatened to walk off if he stayed in the game. Once again, some of the people left have done worse in the past.

ETA: Before I forget to ask . . . is “wet lettuce” a common insult in the UK?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3

Turbo's ejection reminded me of an ejection in the NFL. They never throw the flag/eject the guy who throws the first punch, just the guy who retaliates. In this case, Turbo retaliated.

I can't keep track of the alliances -- I feel like the conspiracy theory dude meme with all the lines pointing in all directions. None of them are good, and the only thing they've done is sent home the likable (or at least interesting) people.

And I seriously cannot stand Joss. He's like, dead behind the eyes. All muscle, no brain. And stop trying to make "Jogan" happen -- it's not going to happen.

• Love 4

Those UK people are incredibly dumb to put in Georgia. They are doing Cara and Paulie’s bidding and weakening their own team as a result. Real dumb. 

Cara is so smug. I need to see Jenny or Tori just knock her block off in a challenge or an elimination. 

• Love 5
On 10/31/2019 at 8:16 AM, Craphole Island said:

I didn’t really see Georgia’s comments that way. I took it as SHE wouldn’t vote for Nicole bc it’s her BFF. I don’t think that was a numbers thing. Also at the time Big T and Esther were looked at as the weakest.

I’m wondering where the logic is for Kayleigh and Joss to vote Georgia in?? Their team finally wins and they look pretty solid and they STILL choose to follow along with their alliance on the opposite team?? That team isn’t going to help win you money at the end of the day so it makes zero sense to continue doing that. Plus Georgia called it out perfectly: Kayleigh’s a shit competitor so she has to rely on others to keep her safe.

It really didn't make any sense for Kayleigh to do that. She just wanted Georgia out. UK finally won and if they had gone with their original plan put in Ashley, the US team would have lost at least one strong girl. If Ashley had won she would go back to US but Tori already said she would defect. That would give UK at least somewhat of a chance to win the next challenge and vote in a US guy. Does Kayleigh really think Cam/Cara/Pauli will protect her? Joss is dumb for going along with her.

11 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Those UK people are incredibly dumb to put in Georgia. They are doing Cara and Paulie’s bidding and weakening their own team as a result. Real dumb. 

Cara is so smug. I need to see Jenny or Tori just knock her block off in a challenge or an elimination. 

OMG yes!! I never really thought Cara had a punchable face until they were sitting around the table throwing in Tori. Incredibly smug. I can't really stand Jordan but I'm glad he keeps working against them.

• Love 4

I thought it was ironic that TJ says they don't tolerate bad behaviour, and they scan the crowd and CT is there. I know he has grown and matured, and I like him now, but obviously they allow bad behaviour. And WTF is Turbo evicted for anyway? I've seen worse on here and they stay! Makes no sense. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

There had to be more to it than what was shown. Turbo doesn’t strike me as a guy to make idle threats. TPTB had to feel like they couldn’t prevent him from getting violent. I’m disappointed, as I wanted to see Turbo vs Jordan in an elimination. Now the season is basically seeing if Jordan can successfully defect to the UK side and defeat Cara/Paulie. 

• Love 2
On 10/31/2019 at 8:16 AM, Craphole Island said:

You pretty much summed it up for me. Objectively, I know he’s a jerk, but I still get a kick out of him and his snark. He seems to have more self awareness than the rest of these guys, and is just as willing to make fun of himself as he is of anyone else. I also think Zach can be a bit of a baby, and sort of dumb, and sometimes does immature and dumb things that make people think he’s worse than he actually is. And frankly, I agree with his assessment of Turbo.

And now, a scene from the episode:

Ashley (part of Cara Maria’s alliance): I’m going to create a fight between Jordan and Turbo so that Jordan gets physical and has to go home, getting rid of a player who is unwilling to do what you and I tell him to.

Cara Maria: Oh my god, you’re so funny.

(Ashley instigates fight. It goes as planned except Turbo is the one who gets physical and is sent home.)

Cara and Ashley: Wow, Jordan is so awful. I can’t believe he betrayed our team by starting a fight with Turbo. I was all for team unity, but we have to get rid of Jordan because he went against his own team to send Turbo home. And his girlfriend also sucks.

End scene.

...do they not think we’re, you know, watching? 

Just to be clear, Jordan is awful. Truly, definitively terrible. That impression of Turbo’s walk was gross, as was his subsequent glee. I liked the shot of him laughing about it while everyone, including Tori, stared at him in silence. But he’s also good at these things, so I don’t buy that they want him out before a final. They want him out because he’s a very loud voice of opposition. I also don’t think his behavior is dramatically different from Ashley’s when she gets drunk, and his ego isn’t larger than Cara’s. Perhaps a true case of disliking things about someone else because you unconsciously don’t like those same qualities in yourself.  

• Love 6

So apparently in a Turkish interview Turbo said that the producers were going to let him back in the game, but he told them he would break Jordan’s bones while he was sleeping. So that’s why he was sent home. He’s probably a liability at this point. At least if Jordan’s in the game. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

I’ve seen worse fights on the Challenge where neither person got sent home. Turbo never touched Jordan and in my opinion, Jordan did everything he could to provoke Turbo. I guess they figured Turbo was a dangerous threat to Jordan, but if it was up to me, I wouldn’t have sent him home. One day, I hope to see Turbo beat Jordan in an elimination.

I’m probably in the minority, but Cara and Paulie running the game doesn’t bother me as much as it would’ve had it been Laurel and Johnny doing it. Cara spent many of her early seasons on the chopping block and getting sent into elimination all the time especially that season she was partnered up with Cooke. She’s just going one step ahead of Tori and Jordan, who has knocked her down every opportunity he’s had.

That being said, Team UK are idiots for doing what Cara and Paulie want them to do with the exception of Jenny and Theo. Tori is a step up from Georgia, but they didn’t need her because they were starting to become a strong unit. My suspicion is that they will lose the next challenge, Theo will get thrown into elimination, and he’ll switch over to Team USA.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ImpinAintEasy said:

So apparently in a Turkish interview Turbo said that the producers were going to let him back in the game, but he told them he would break Jordan’s bones while he was sleeping.

That is not what I would call a stable person at all. Even CT at his worse wouldn't done that.

• Love 5

You'd think Jordan would learn not to mock people for physical attributes after he said that Jemmye had a "Down Syndrome face" (ugh, shudder to type it, that was truly awful to use that as an insult) a few seasons back.  

Oh wait, no, you totally wouldn't think he'd learn something, because Jordan.  

Nany, ugh, stop it.  As messed up as Cara probably is, she doesn't need you to feel deeply sad for her.  At least she knows what she's doing and asking of others as she plots and plans--you are irrationally expecting Leroy to ruin his game for you, take it personally when he does not even though he doesn't say your name, and just basically treat him like crap.   But you do have the prettiest hair ever.

And I am with STEPH619 here, forever.  Cara has been going on a deep slide in my estimation, but she will always be miles above John to me, even as a package deal with Paulie.

22 hours ago, Steph619 said:

I’m probably in the minority, but Cara and Paulie running the game doesn’t bother me as much as it would’ve had it been Laurel and Johnny doing it.

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 7

Finally watched the episode. That was nuts but so entertaining. I loved that moment when Leroy went off on the US team because I find myself really enjoying Leroy playing a game that isn't about sitting around waiting for Johnny to do things.

Nany still annoys me. She, Zach, Jordan and Tori make me laugh. Cara and Paulie are just playing the game the way Johnny had set it up for years. Nany was happy for Johnny to run things when it benefited her. But now it's all morally evil and wrong. RME.

I'm glad Turbo got removed. The show removed CT when he was out of control back in the day. Turbo should go as well. If he is going to try to attack someone over some stupid shit talk then he should go.

I can't stand Tori. Why was she gunning so hard for Ashley when I thought her mortal enemy was Cara?

Congrats UK for finally winning something. Georgia getting blindsided was hilarious but I do wish Joss had just put in Ashley.

On 10/31/2019 at 4:19 AM, BK1978 said:

Georgia annoyed me when she was bitching about being voted for.  When the game started and she thought she had the numbers she said nobody could touch her bestfriend but the other rookie women were fair game.

Thiiiiiiiiiiis! This is why I can't stand Georgia this season. At the beginning when she thought her, Bear, and Theo were going to run that team, that's when she pissed off Kayleigh. Kayleigh played a long game and waited for her chance.

• Love 5

I can't stand Tori. Why was she gunning so hard for Ashley when I thought her mortal enemy was Cara?

I had to think about this during the episode, because I was confused, and I admittedly rewound a couple of times. Basically, Tori dislikes Cara to the point where she believes Cara is actually a liability to the USA team in a final, whereas Ashley would be an asset. I think she and Jordan have been planning to switch to team UK, and hopefully in the process gut team USA a bit to create an easier finals for themselves. However, I think Tori greatly overestimated how excited Team UK would be to have her switch—if anything, most of the players were mildly annoyed because she messed up the alliance dynamics. Her yelling at them that she wouldn’t switch if they put Georgia in was pathetic in what a misread it was of the situation. Honey, they don’t WANT you to switch. 

• Love 5
On 11/2/2019 at 8:42 PM, Steph619 said:

I’m probably in the minority, but Cara and Paulie running the game doesn’t bother me as much as it would’ve had it been Laurel and Johnny doing it. Cara spent many of her early seasons on the chopping block and getting sent into elimination all the time especially that season she was partnered up with Cooke. She’s just going one step ahead of Tori and Jordan, who has knocked her down every opportunity he’s had.

I am not sure if I could sit through another Johnny run season.  I think that is why the new seasons have been a little more tolerable  because Johnny has mainly been a non factor.

On 11/3/2019 at 6:32 PM, Jobiska said:

You'd think Jordan would learn not to mock people for physical attributes after he said that Jemmye had a "Down Syndrome face" (ugh, shudder to type it, that was truly awful to use that as an insult) a few seasons back.

You know I must have wiped that from memory because I had completely forgotten about that until you brought it up.  I am no fan of Jemmye but yeah that was a major league asshole thing to say about her.

10 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I will miss Turbo calling people pussy chicken.  I think I need to incorporate that into my vocabulary. 😄

Pussy chicken will never not be funny to me.

• Love 5