Type keyword(s) to search

TAR Other Locations

• Start Topic

For everyone who's checking this thread after watching tonight's episode, I'd like to apologise on behalf of Australia for your being exposed to Beau's literal ass. Everyone who's checking the thread before watching tonight's episode, consider yourself warned.

Also apparently the best sights they could find to showcase Brisbane, a city that last week was announced as the expected host of the 2032 Olympics, were a random park, a hole in the wall Subway restaurant, a hotel stairwell, and the Story Bridge in the dark. Really REALLY bizarre choice of locations.

When did Beau show his ass, I missed it? Surely they will do another leg in Brisbane, cuz yeah, didn't really get a feel for the city at all.  

If the boys would have been spared AGAIN I would have lost it! Delore is growing on me. They tried to make him the villain, but he's more of a rapscallion. 

(edited)

In the preview for next week, he's like "...and I get naked!", like that's what's going to get people to watch, even though now there's the visual in the preview and there's no reason for anyone who actually wants to see his butt to actually tune in again because they've already seen it.

Dude needs to be taught about squats, for the record.

The thing about Dolor is odd. I buy that he's a whiner, but I can't help feel weird about the negative edit given the other Black team this season was basically edited out of existence, and the Sikhs are getting the "bland narrator" edit, and last season the four most boring/invisible edits were given to the four non-white teams (even though three of them made the final five and two were finalists). Like I'm sure there's some level of coincidence to it, and at least this season we had the excellent Sefa and Jessica to counter it, but I feel like their excellent work at casting with diversity is undercut slightly by spending two seasons giving almost all of the good edits to white people.

Edited by SnideAsides

I don't understand the Brains and Brawn thing. 2 tasks devoted to choosing, then retrieving the B or B tag, the Muscles mentioning there was only a Brains tag available, Aleisha breaking down (again) because she chose Brawn by mistake. The detour all seemed pretty locked in at this point. Then C&A get to the course and immediately pull a Bald Snark. Was anyone else expecting "You're the ___ team to arrive, but..."?

I really do not want the footy girl to win! Glad the beefy boys are out too, cuz I am still pissed they had new teams enter the race on the 7th and 10th legs. Outrageous! 

@SG429 I was thinking that same thing when after all that crying about how she messed up the brain/brown tag and was Chris mad at her wah wah, they get to the detour and 5 seconds into it announce they are switching! WTF?! The couple appears to have a good relationship, but damn, Aleisha seems like a lot of work. 

@SnideAsides I never watch the previews, so I missed Beau's butt. 

It's rating so well it's been pre-empted on Monday to make room for Oprah's interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Which means if the elimination pattern holds out, weeks will now be ending with non-eliminations.

The show in the timeslot after it is simply being delayed an hour, even though last week it got only 223,000 viewers.

• Useful 1

Ratings have been below half a million (the usual guaranteed-cancellation point) for the last couple of weeks. And despite having basically the best timeslots of all five seasons so far, nine of the ten worst-rated TAR Australia episodes ever are from this season.

20 eps. down, so about 1/2way through?? 🙂 This is a real endurance race, with remaining teams having done 60-80 tasks already. Maybe that's too much - is it really necessary to have 2 team performance challenges (tap and dressage) in one leg? And another one in the next? This must start feeling more like a job than an adventure, but they all seem to still be getting on well with each other.

Feels a bit long for a domestic only series, but a lovely travelogue anyway.

• Love 1

The length of the show hasn't bothered me, and I've pretty much been enjoying it. Maybe I'm used to 3 episodes a week cuz that's how they do Masterchef AU and some UK programming. But damn, the racers must be exhausted! 

I think the right 4 teams are left, so I'm good. It was gonna ruin the whole thing for me if one of the teams that joined mid-way through won it. God help me, I'm kind of rooting for Aleisha and Chris. 

Does anyone know when the finale airs?

I can't believe the girls helped the Sikhs stay in the race when Chris and Aleisha were clearly on their last legs. I kind of hope it comes back to bite them and the cowboys take it. Any of the three are worthy winners though. 

Don't know why all the teams hated Chris and Aleisha so much. They kept saying how they did not play fair because they would not eat the oysters, but one of the cowboys wouldn't either. Maybe they were just annoying. But I was impressed how two people who weighed 90 pounds powered through most of the challenges. Thank god they did not have to face the chick fetus eggs! 

The finale airs Sunday.

This is the first non-US season I’ve ever watched in full. It’s been interesting.

At first, I was cheering for the Cowboys because of the original Cowboys (the McCoy brothers). But  I grew to like them even more because of their own merits, and Brendon in particular for his evenhandedness and never holding back from any of the tasks. But they’re my choice to win. They never quit and never get fazed when they were the back of the pack.And the last leg (episode/leg 23) was just perfect. So I guess we’ll see on Sunday!

Edited by theschnauzers
Apple induced Typos
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the series a lot. Hope it got good enough ratings to have another.

I was not totally thrilled with the final leg design, especially having the one road block be a line up "one & done" with no chance for position change. And I would have liked the final puzzle to be clearer, cuz I could not really hear all the rules or where they ended up being from. I wonder if the climb at the end was as much of a nail-biter as it seemed.  

Just started watching Season 6 of Amazing Race Australia. Holy Moly, they started off with 18 teams! I understand why they did it, and it might have even been prudent given teams being sidelined for a week due to COVID in other AR's around the world...BUT it kind of left me a bit lost because no way can I keep track of or get to know that many teams. Already some teams are having to sit out legs due to COVID. Even Beau got quarantined. I have to admit I skipped ahead to Episode 7 where they are getting down to 13 teams in the hopes I can settle in and get to know these people, but I admit I am having a hard time getting invested in this season. 

• Like 1
On 4/3/2023 at 11:07 AM, TVbitch said:

Just started watching Season 6 of Amazing Race Australia. Holy Moly, they started off with 18 teams! I understand why they did it, and it might have even been prudent given teams being sidelined for a week due to COVID in other AR's around the world...BUT it kind of left me a bit lost because no way can I keep track of or get to know that many teams. Already some teams are having to sit out legs due to COVID. Even Beau got quarantined. I have to admit I skipped ahead to Episode 7 where they are getting down to 13 teams in the hopes I can settle in and get to know these people, but I admit I am having a hard time getting invested in this season. 

I've been watching this as well (one a week with the wife) and I love the format of the Aussie show. It takes far more risks than the Mothership, with challenges much more daunting than what we see on the U.S. version. The language is a lot saltier as well!

They spent 3 episodes in each country which I really liked, but to be honest, I vastly preferred when they spent the whole of season 5 in Australia, since I knew very little about that country before watching S5. Opel mines in Coober Pedy, the Ghan, fishing for barramundi in Humpty Doo, etc. Loved seeing northern QLD and NT, but wished they'd visited WA or the red center.

What I really liked about this season and the seasons before was eliminated teams coming back into the race later on, and the increased episode counts. There are 21 episodes in S6, and IIRC there were 24 or 26 in Season 5. The whole two sets of 9 teams was great, but admittedly difficult to follow--especially as select teams were waylaid with Covid and came back in later with a speed bump. One thing I noticed was that penalties in the Australian version are far shorter than in the U.S. show (typically 10 to 30 minutes) and it makes me wonder why teams don't take penalties far more when tasks are...extreme.

• Like 2

I really loved the season they spent just in Australia. I haven't been there either and found it fascinating. I also felt more connected to the teams in Season 5. 

I am about half way through Season 6 and will finish it up for sure, but honestly, since it has been a few weeks since I've had time to watch, I have forgotten most of the teams!

PS. I actually prefer Beau's COVID replacement to Beau! 

• Like 1
On 4/20/2023 at 10:39 PM, TVbitch said:

I really loved the season they spent just in Australia. I haven't been there either and found it fascinating. I also felt more connected to the teams in Season 5. 

I am about half way through Season 6 and will finish it up for sure, but honestly, since it has been a few weeks since I've had time to watch, I have forgotten most of the teams!

PS. I actually prefer Beau's COVID replacement to Beau! 

And yes. The 6th Australian race started in two cities within separate batches of teams (10 each). They travelled to Morocco, Greece, Turkey, Colombia, Belize and Mexico. One team had bumped and left the partner to race alone.

• Like 1

TAR Australia 7 will be a celebrity version to feature 11 celebrities which is similar to S28: Social Media version and S30: Champions version.

Link: https://10play.com.au/the-amazing-race-australia/articles/the-amazing-race-australia-celebrity-edition-meet-the-11-teams/tpa230608jmecn

Anyway filming has finished a couple of weeks ago and here's the route:

Spoiler
  • Leg 1: Delhi, India (starting line)
  • Leg 2: Agra, India
  • Leg 3: Rural surroundings in India
  • Leg 4: Langkawi, Malaysia
  • Leg 5: George Town, Malaysia
  • Leg 6: Penang surroundings, Malaysia
  • Leg 7: Siem Reap, Cambodia
  • Leg 8: maybe Phnom Penh, Cambodia
  • Leg 9: Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
  • Leg 10: maybe Sandakan, Malaysia
  • Leg 11: Unknown
  • Leg 12: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (finish line)

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1